HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

4THEWORDS! Writing Productivity A+++!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Octi, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:16 PM.

1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Some of you guys have probably seen me raving about this on Discord already, but I wanted to, like ... let everybody know it exists because I love it alshflasjflajsfhjalsf.

So, there’s this awesome writing site that Elle was kind enough to tell me about. It’s called 4THEWORDS and it’s SO MUCH FUN! It’s #1 goal is to make you write more and they do it in a really fun way. It’s basically an rpg where you are rewarded based on how much writing you do.

[​IMG]
    • ORGANIZE YOUR WRITING!!! You’re able to organize your writing into projects and chapters. I don’t really do any solo writing, I just use it to write roleplay posts so the setup doesn’t apply to me, but it would be super useful for others!!
    • FIGHT MONSTERS!!! There are challenges to defeat monsters by writing x words in x amount of time, which is super motivational!
    • DRESS UP ALL CUTE!!! If you like avatar dress-up games like Gaia, Menewsha, Line Play, etc, you will probably love this. The art is really clean, cute, and colorful, and as you progress, you get more cool stuff!
    • LOTS MORE!!! There’s a world map, zones, CRAFTING, a lot of amazing work has been put into this game! It’s not perfect, but it’s also still currently in beta mode (I think it’s been in beta for a long time) and I read that it’s already seen massive improvements from when it was first released.

Unfortunately, it’s not entirely free, but if you sign up, it does start you with a 30 DAY TRIAL, so you can at least try it free for the first month! The nice thing, though, is it looks like it’s only $4 a month, so if you love it and are getting a lot out of it, I do feel it’s worth it!

If anybody does decide to try this out, pop in my referral code at registration:
    UCBLK83797

If you end up deciding to subscribe (I plan to once my trial is over!), we’ll both get stuff!

#1 Octi, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 6:14 PM
    Peach, Andii, Nyami and 4 others like this.
  2. Jen

Jen Moderator
    Lore Division Community Relations Division
    There's a word limit?

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    OH MY GOD WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE

Octi likes this.
  3. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    HELLO YES I JOINED
    I am NicNic bc I'm creative lol
    8)

Jen and Octi like this.
  4. Andii

Andii Player

I joined too. And because I'm like Nic, I'm Andii.

Jen, Octi and Nic like this.
  5. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    YAYYYY, I love seeing people trying this, it's amazing!!!!

Cool thing I just read about on the forums, you can get awesome wings for your avatar from streak rewards if you write 444+ words every day! I think it's different kinds of wings at different checkpoints, I just have no idea what they are.

Jen likes this.
  6. Jen

Jen Moderator
    Lore Division Community Relations Division
    There's a word limit?

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    I definitely did not just spend real money on cosmetics. Ahem. Also I need that damned raven pet but I refuse to spend more irl money on gems. I WILL EARN IT

So, the problem with me is that I like to pause in my writing way too much to research things and edit as I go, so I keep losing timed battles XD I guess this is a good way to break that habit?

Octi likes this.
  7. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    This looks absolutely adorable and I was all ready to go for it until I saw it required a subscription. Aw, shucks! Looks like I'll be giving it a pass for now.

Fortunately I found another site called Fighter's Block! It's free and not nearly as fancy but still seems pretty rewarding. If anyone here can't afford 4TheWords or is cheap like me, I recommend it!

Jen likes this.
  8. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    LOL @Jen YOU CAVED SO FAST, I haven't even spent any real money yet!!!

Also alsjalsfhajsf I totally feel you about the running out of time thing. I know there are other way longer battles that will be like ... write 1600 words in 24 hours, which gives you a lot more time to wander away and stuff. I went to bed and woke up last night and my battle was still going! So maybe it's just a matter of trying to determine how much time you'll need depending on what you're replying to. Or breaking that habit LOL!

@Nyami Thanks for the free alternative, Nyami!! We love productivity apps!!!! =D

Jen and Nyami like this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf fight back your demons

Space Ninja
    Race:
    Tenno; Valkyr
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    okay i joined! i am rainezakaia! also used the referral code of yours, Octi!

just in case anyone wants to use mine: CSCPO01095

xDD

#9 Wolf, Jul 13, 2018 at 3:48 PM
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM
    Octi and Jen like this.
  10. Steel

Steel why are you being so weird
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    I SIGNED UP TOO, WOOOOOO!!!