HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open A Barebones Merchant

Discussion in 'The Bazaar' started by Sans, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Sans

Sans Undertale
    i'm just joking with you.

pungeon master
    Race:
    skeleton
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    September 15th
    Well, this was certainly going to be an experience.

Sans had made a very humble set-up in the bazaar, he probably stood out more than the wood stand he made to start out his business, but hey, that was good as far as he was concerned. What he was offering seemed simple enough at first glance, there were just a batch of five phones on the desk in a good variety of colors. What was unusual though, was what those phones could do.

He had also brought with himself a few random things he managed to pick up around that would serve for demonstration purposes. It was all simple stuff that people would usually bring with them around, like keys, a wallet, a small bag, a bottle of ketchup... Just the essentials really.

As he waited for someone to show up, he began playing around with his own phone by using the feature that he also installed on it. He put the bottle of ketchup in the desk and pointed his phone's camera at it, a light seemed to come out of it and seemingly scan the bottle and as it did so it seemed to be actually downloading the bottle into the phone and just a few seconds later the bottle was completely gone. Then after some button pressing Sans aimed the phone back at the desk and the opposite started happening with the bottle quickly materializing back on the desk.

He kept repeating the process even using some of the other stuff he brought along both because he thought that would grab someone's attention and because he was just bored, resting his elbow on the desk as he kept the demonstration going.

Modesty Barebone likes this.
  2. Lash

Lash Guest

Lash had decided to come to the Bazaar. She'd gotten herself a brief leave period from her duties at MSF, and the Boss had finally paid her, so it seemed like the perfect place to go. It was fairly disappointing though. For all the hype the place had around it, it sure was full of crap. The amount of people she had accost her trying to sell her some gadget or artsy garbage was astounding really. She'd had to hold herself back from just tasering the last person trying to sell the next 'hot product' of the box to her. Some people thought youths were braindead, it seemed...

The she spotted something that actually caught her eye for once. A small, unassuming stand with what appeared to be a Skeleton behind it. She brushed that off. In her few months here in Pandora, she'd seen a hell of a lot worse than that. No, what had caught her eye was what he was doing: Materializing and Dematerializing objects with a phone. She hung back for a moment, watching, trying to gauge just how effective the device was. After a minute or two though, she'd seen everything she needed, and casually wandered over, saying "That some nice kit you've got there, bones. Converting Physical Objects into data and back again isn't exactly child's play..."

Sans likes this.
  3. Sans

Sans Undertale

pungeon master
    Race:
    skeleton
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eventually someone showed up and well, that was quite a lot of hair. Other than that, she seemed to be only mildly impressed by the technology, maybe she had already seen something like that in her home. Either way, if she came over it's because she was interested.

"wasn't that hard after i got the resources. wanna buy one? its 18 pounds and for today i only have these five here." Sans stopped playing with the app and instead he just put both hands on the desk and leaned forward a little bit, clearly not all that concerned with acting professional, "you can fit a lot of stuff in this if you want, not a fridge or anything that big, but say, a guitar, a telescope, a sword, those you can probably store in it if you feel like it."

4. Lash

Lash Guest

So, bones here had quite the invention on his hands, and here he was selling it for pennies at some run-down bazaar? She almost shrugged. She'd never understand some people, but whatever. If this was as good as it seemed, she'd kick herself if she didn't get a hold of it for herself. If she could reverse Engineer this thing and improve it like she knew she could, suddenly her Neotank's main weakness in it's limited main cannon ammo would quickly evaporate. It was just too good to pass up. "Okay Bones. I'm in" She said, slapping a £20 note on the table and sliding it across. She knew a deal when she saw one. "Quick question, before I take one of these off your fingerbones. Just what exactly are the limits of this thing. How much am I gonna be able to store? Is there a limit, besides the size of the objects, or can I put as much stuff in as I want so long as they're small?" It was an important question. The first thing she planned to do with this was stow her weaponry and if there wasn't a limit... She smiled at the thought. Then something else occurred to her, thinking along the lines of what this tech's limits were... "Yo, Skel. One more thing. Suppose I used one of these phones to store another phone in. What would happen? Cos you'd effectively have infinite space if you had enough of them..." She laughed. This was beginning to sound like a Paradox in the making...

Sans likes this.
  5. Sans

Sans Undertale

pungeon master
    Race:
    skeleton
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Sans just took the money and gave the woman some change as he listened to her questions. She was making sure she knew exactly what she was getting but he thought that maybe it would've been better to ask the questions before giving him the money.

"you can store a maximum of 18 items in it, that's about how many i managed to fit in without risking overloading the phone." He explained in a very matter-of-fact tone, then letting out a chuckle when she suggested getting multiple phones. "that's clever, but remember, everything that you scan into the storage becomes data and just because you scanned another phone it doesn't mean that all the data inside it of it isn't there anymore. if you try storing a full phone inside an empty one, you're probably gonna break it."

He started rubbing his chin as he tried to think about how much more he could expand on this technology. He didn't have a lot of resources yet or the time and dedication to really go all that deep into it, but if he could increase the storage space in a significant way then he could make something quite great... and abusable. If this whole thing turned out to be a good source of money, then he could start thinking of ways to improve on it, for now though, he was just going to milk the first models for all their worth.

"i put some failsafes to make it stop itself from downloading more than it can handle, but some stuff might still slip by, so be careful with it or it won't be long before you need to send it in for repairs."