HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open A Beer a Day Keeps the Crazies Away

Discussion in 'River Street' started by Shane Walsh, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh The Walking Dead

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    March 17th, Year 7​

Shane had issued the challenge. After all, nobody could beat Shane in a drinkin' contest. Well, that's what he wanted everyone to believe. After all, this may not have been Atlanta, but he sure as hell wasn't about to let some weirdo from another planet out do him. No sir, Shane was a man of pride and if there was one thing he always prided himself in, it was his ability to handle his alcohol. The real trick was that he was just really good at faking not being intoxicated. He'd been masterin' that art since he was in high school whenever he'd be stealin' beers from his parents' fridge. As long as you didn't let on how bad you were fucked up, it could lead you to victory.

As he strolled into the bar, evenin' was beginnin' to turn and already was the bar was getting some activity. Shane wasn't quite sure what to expect with his little PSA earlier. After all, a whole variety of people had responded, but who would actually show up, that was yet to be seen. Shane was confident that he wasn't going to have to shell up much money. He was used to guys talkin' all kind of talk, but when put to the test, they were a bunch of wimps. No doubt this would be the same scenario....or at least he hoped so for his wallet's sake.

Billyboy likes this.
  2. Billyboy

Billyboy A Clockwork Orange

Attender of Livestock
    Race:
    Greek Demigod
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

I will not mess this up.

I will not mess this up.

I will not mess this up…

Once again, Billyboy had the chance to go have a wild night and maybe impress a few strangers that happened to share his interests. His first attempt at doing so might have been a disaster, but one year later he'd pulled it off when surrounded by a handful of other demigods with somewhat cooler heads than his own. As in, his most recent Christmas celebration came and went without a single broken nose or hint of ruined emotions.

But did this also mean that his supposed 'socializing curse' had finally been broken…?

Have to give it one more try,” he told himself, keeping his gaze low to the ground as he nudged his way in through the barroom doors. This had been where he'd met a certain dishonest Irishman all those years ago, and so tried to put himself on an emotional journey that would ultimately blow up in his face.

Not this time, though. No, as the old saying went, he would only be fooled once by the first person he talked to, and the shame would be on them.

Better get it started at once...

And so, with a somewhat clearer head and sharper sense of purpose, he slowly made his way over to where he believed that one guy might have been sitting. Somebody he remembered seeing up in Morhall over a year ago, even if he himself had no recollection of it.

...You're Walsh, right?

words: 257
    mood: Proceeding with caution…
    tag: @Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh likes this.
  3. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Vegeta was by no means a light weight in any sense of the word, sure he was short compared to most but he was muscle bound and that meant he wasn't light physically either. Before coming to this little drinking showdown, that some man named Shane had proclaimed over Starkbook. Vegeta had his usual Sayian full course meal, this had little to do with holding down his liqueur and more to do with food being horrible in these sorts of places.

He was wearing his badman attire, not caring whether anyone had a problem with it. In fact he welcomed the challenge or insults, just so he could smack their stupid arses down the road like the trash they were. He walked into the bar and spotted the one called Shane, beside him was the snide one known as Billyboy. Which to Vegeta made him sound like some inbred yokel.

But he'd get to insulting him after they started the drinking or at least when everyone was drunk enough, hell he wanted to make sure they had a bar room brawl at least once tonight. "So then Shane and Billy, hope you're ready to hit the floor. I don't loose, in a fight or at drinking" expressed Vegeta in a matter of fact tone as he found himself a nearby seat.

Shane Walsh and Billyboy like this.
  4. Shane Walsh

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    He was already a beer in when the first guy walked in. Looked like an average guy. The man approached him and asked him his name. "Yes sir, that's me," Shane said. He offered a hand out to the newcomer. Judging by how he looked, Shane felt pretty confident he could win a drinking contest with this one. "You ready for this?"

As he was speaking, another guy walking in. This one walked with a tough guy confidence considering his height. He was also wearing a bright pink shirt which said he was bold. Shane raised an eyebrow, but a grin pulled at his lips after the man issued his challenge. "That's some confidence you got there. I like that."

Looking over his shoulder, Shane waved to the bar tender to bring them drinks. Each participant had a mug of beer placed in front of them, the foam rising just below the brim. Shane took his mug and lifted it. "May the best man win."

Billyboy likes this.
  5. Billyboy

Attender of Livestock
    Race:
    Greek Demigod
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Ah, sweet relief at last.

He would have some new-found respect for this Walsh fellow, and not just because he succeeded in giving 'Little Blake' absolute hell for trying to sabotage his cooking last year although let's be real, that WAS pretty sweet . No, the idea of not feeling ashamed to get dead drunk in public, let alone in the company of at least two strangers who most likely weren't all that perfect to begin with, was also pretty cool.

Billyboy. You probably don't remember me, 'cause it wasn't my best day to begin with when I first saw you...but it's good to have you back in these calmer surroundings.

And speaking of the strangers, thank the gods for bringing them a truly tough guy this time, and not some pretender who just wanted attention. Long story short, perhaps that pink shirt would be the only thing that managed to distract themselves on this day of all days.

Fingers crossed, and all that shit.

Consider yourself lucky I left my ambrosia at home,” he announced to 'em both, hinting that no matter what happened in the next hour (or more/less); at least he wouldn't attempt any cheating at this game. Once that little fact was out in the open, he didn't think twice to claim the tall mug in the center and then give it a solid clink against Shane's.

Cheers. Let's get this match underway, shall we?

words: 239
    mood: Ready for action! :cool:

Shane Walsh likes this.
  6. Karen Page

Karen Page Marvel Universe

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Karen had done a double take when she'd walked into her local bar that evening. It'd become a substitute Josie's of sorts, a place to unwind with a beer after a long day at work. There was no Foggy, and Matt had been off the radar so Karen had wandered in on her own, looking for work colleagues. She'd met a few and everyone had been nice, very helpful and smart. But she'd yet to bond with anyone, at least beyond anyone she already knew or been acquainted with back home.

Her brow furrowed as she quickly scanned the bar, noticing Frank sat at a table with two people she didn't recognise. What the hell was he doing? Frank wasn't a people person, in fact he was as far and away from a social butterfly as you could get. He'd much rather keep himself to himself, do his own thing and stay out of the limelight. This, however, was different. Fellow drinkers were looking in on what was to become some sort of drinking competition. Karen scoffed and observed the three of them with interest before making her presence known.

"Well, this is new." She remarked, smiling pointedly at Frank and then at the other two. Now that she was closer, she noticed there was something different about Frank. Had he had a hair cut? A good night's rest perhaps? There was something distinctly un-Frank about him, and if she hadn't known better, she'd say it wasn't Frank at all. But Karen disregarded it, not once considering the prospect of a different man with the same face.

"Mind if I join?"

((OOC: I really hope you boys don't mind Karen crashing the party -- I couldn't resist :p))

7. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Oh my confidence gets proven right more often then not" replied Vegeta as he took up the drink that came, it was beer with a nice pour to it as well which was good. It probably didn't compare to Saiyan ale or the stuff one would get in space, that was the kind of stuff that did more then put hair on your chest.

Often times you had a five to eleven o'clock shadow by the time you were done, though Vegeta digressed as their drinking competition had been added too. A lady of some sort had appeared and wanted to join in, he was long past the time when he thought that ladies were weaker then men.

Given the arm job 18 gave him all those years ago, so he just looked up to the girl and smirked. "I'm sure you can drink these lightweights under the table" joked Vegeta as he motioned to Shane and Billy.

Billyboy, Shane Walsh and Karen Page like this.
  8. Shane Walsh

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    That guy had met him before? Rumors around town were that people remembered you in Pandora even if you hadn't been there before. This seemed like one of those occurrences. Either that, or this Billyboy had met his copy. Either way, Shane was curious and no doubt would ask him about it.

After he won this contest anyway.

He was raising the glass up to his lips when a lady walked up. A smile pulled at the corner of his mouth. She was looking straight at him as she spoke. Clearly she was liking what she saw.

"Sure," Shane replied and motioned at the bar tender. They placed a beer for her at the table before heading back. "Have a go."

Glancing back at shortie, Shane snorted, "You're on pinkie."

Now he had his honor on the line. Raising the glass he started chugging the beer down. It slid down the back of his throat, the bitter after taste remaining after he finished. He banged the glass on the table and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Round one. No problem."

((OOC: So sorry guys about the lag. Back from my hiatus!))

Karen Page and Billyboy like this.
  9. Karen Page

Karen Page Marvel Universe

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    The boys had just been about to start when Karen had arrived. Frank had stopped in his tracks, pint of beer slowly lowering from his lips as he looked at Karen with a small smile. There was something different. He didn't normally look at her like that. It was very un-Frank like, and the way he replied made Karen think something was amiss. Even his voice was different.

He was waving a drink over before Karen had a chance to put any more thought into his odd behaviour, and so she sat down beside the others, chuckling a little at the man with the blue hair. "I'm pretty good, yeah," she jested, having unfortunately had far too much experience at drinking large quantities of alcohol.

Karen raised her glass with the others, and downed it with surprising speed. She wasn't quite as fast as Frank, but she didn't linger behind either. She placed her glass down in unison with the rest of the group, and pressed her lips together. She really should have eaten before doing this, but truth be told, never in a million years would she believe Frank Castle was playing drinking games with a bunch of strangers. "This isn't really like you, you know," she commented after a moment, eyeing Frank carefully. "Has something happened?"

10. Billyboy

Attender of Livestock
    Race:
    Greek Demigod
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Thank the gods for beer, he'd thought to himself, barely registering the

(glorious intruder?)

blonde newcomer as she requested to join 'em at their shenanigans. She hadn't looked like all that much to begin with as he knocked his own first swallow of the day back, so he wouldn't worry too much about her. After all, he had a few bigger things to think about now, like...enjoying the burn of the drink as it went down into his system.

Wow! Nice and strong, just the way I like it!

Or, probably more important still, not lookin' too weak in front of these stalwart bastards, well-met. Oh no, he wouldn't dare let himself fall so fast in front of 'em. Not when there was a lot more drinking to do, and probably a few rounds more of brags and taunts on the side.

...'Not like himself'?

He would be sure to mutter this as quietly as he could, seeing as how it looked like he'd jumped into some private bullshit entirely by mistake.

No big deal, he would go on to think in the safety of his own mind. Everybody's got some kind of skeleton in the closet, yeah? You think on that too much, you'll fry your brain faster than the alcohol!

Still, there would be some part of his rusty brain that wondered if this Blonde in Question had either made a stupid mistake by coming here...or if they all were about to do something even more stupid by getting two hundred percent shitfaced at once.

(( ooc:: almost forgot to take my turn, sorry! Will be paying better attention now that I'm back home! :D ))

Karen Page and Shane Walsh like this.