By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private A Dangerous Fetch Quest

Discussion in 'Dread Wastes' started by Lance McClain, May 18, 2019.

1. Lance McClain

Lance McClain Voltron: Legendary Defender

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    May 21st, Year 108- Edge of Dusk Forests
    @Dust

Today, Lance was Starfleet's errand boy. He wasn't too happy about it, but blowing off his commander's orders was kind of a dumb move, so he got on with the "mission" to hunt down an unknown carrier vessel that managed to crash in the Dread Wastes. For all Starfleet knew, it contained dangerous materials that shouldn't be available for criminals to scavenge, or could even be toxic in nature. It was his job to either secure or destroy the carrier's cargo. It should've been easy, but the stupid ship had landed in the woods, and his sonar was having a hard time pinpointing the exact location. He'd have to go down on foot to spot this thing.

The Blue Lion landed in a small clearing of the Duck Woods, and Lance disembarked in his paladin uniform, blue bayard in hand for his protection. As soon as its pilot was gone, the Blue Lion went on lock down and summoned a particle barrier around itself, preventing entry. Lance looked back at it one last time before starting off into the woods. From overhead, he'd seen some smoke from what could possible been the wreck, and it was further north. He'd just start hiking that way and hope he stumbled onto it.

"This'll be easy..." he said to himself, steadying his nerves as he entered the forest. His helmet's visor allowed him to see through the trees well enough, so he wasn't going to get turned around too easily, but there were a lot of creepy sounds coming from the beasts that probably lived here. "Just gotta walk in a straight line, no exploring. Find the ship, call Blue, then we get out of here..."

Dust likes this.
  2. Dust

Dust Dust: An Elysian Tail

Adventurer
    Race:
    Warmblood
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"I thought you said everything here was a desert, Dust," Fidget said as the trio ventured further into the woods.

"That's what I thought too," Dust replied, "I guess I just never had a reason to come down here before."

"Yeah, well now all we have is a dumby who thinks exploring danger ruins with only one other person is a good idea, so I don't think we have a good reason now."

While Dust couldn't say he disagreed, exactly, that didn't stop him from accepting the job from the hysterical man in Lethe who was desperate to find someone willing to find his missing partner. Of course, Dust was the only person willing to do something so dangerous without any promise of payment, so they quickly found out where the disastrous attempt at an expedition was held and started looking.

The trees overhead was at least good at keeping the sun from beating down on the group, even though that meant it'd be easy to get lost inside. Fortunately, Ahrah was there to make sure he wasn't getting turned around or anything, and Fidget could always get some air for a better look if necessary.

The group had barely started exploring the woods when Ahrah suddenly announced, "Dust, I sense something very powerful has just landed nearby."

"Ah! Is it a monster?!" Fidget demanded, flying in a more erratic pattern.

"It does not feel quite alive like either of you, or a monster."

"Are you saying it's another intelligent weapon, like you?"

"Yes, and the one it has bonded to appears to be approaching. I do not sense any desire to fight, so it would be wise to approach without showing yourself as a threat."

By then, the sound of footsteps approaching caused Dust to turn around and face the human who was also there. Unsure of what to actually do in this situation, he hesitantly said, "uh... hi?"

Lance McClain likes this.
  3. Lance McClain

Lance McClain Voltron: Legendary Defender

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Lance shoved his way through some bushes and grumbled under his breath, only to look up and see...a cat man wearing people clothes with a scary looking sword. And was that a flying fox...? Were they aliens? He knew a few alien races kinda looked like earth creatures. Did they live here and was he walking around in their territory? He froze until Dust said hello, and then took a step back, holding his hands up to not seem like a threat. His bayard was still in his hand, though he didn't turn it into a weapon yet.

"H-hey there!" he said to them. "I'm not gonna hurt anyone, just a guy from outer space...passing through to find something I lost around here. Don't mind me..." Lance grinned at them. Hopefully that wasn't gonna get him chopped in half by the cat warrior. He really didn't wanna have a sword duel out here.

Dust likes this.
  4. Dust

Dust Dust: An Elysian Tail

Adventurer
    Race:
    Warmblood
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Dust didn't need Ahrah to tell him that the human was somewhat scared of them, not that he could understand why. They were just standing there, and he was assuming that they would be hostile if he made one wrong move.

One of Dust's ears lowered in confusion as he replied, "alright. Good. Glad to hear it? We're actually here looking for someone lost around here."

Fidget, always focused on what mattered, butted in. "Wait, where's outer space? Is that a region we haven't visited yet?"

Lance McClain likes this.