HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open A Fallen Angel

Discussion in 'Tavoie Borough' started by Colette Brunel, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:33 PM.

1. Colette Brunel

Colette Brunel Tales of Symphonia

Race:
    Angel
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "...So we actually don't know where we're going?" Colette asked of Lloyd, a small frown crossing her face.

Lloyd sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "No. Or at least, not yet. I think we should have figured this out before we left Dirk's house...." Then a frown crossed his own face. "Though since we're trying to hunt down all the Exspheres, I think I know where we should start our search...."

At that Colette's frown deepened and she hung her head. "...The Desian Human Ranches."

"Yeah."

There was a moment of silence between the two as they recalled everything that had happened within those horrible places. Eventually, Colette looked back up at Lloyd and a small, encouraging smile crossed her face.

"...If that's what you feel we should do, then I'll be with you all the way."

Lloyd smiled in return. "Thanks, Colette." Then he turned his attention back to Noishe. "All right, Noishe. Let's get going!"

Then Noishe started running once more...except this time, it was only with Lloyd.

"AHHHH!" Colette screamed as she toppled off Noishe's back. Normally, such clumsiness was as per usual for her. However, this time, something felt different. It was as if something she couldn't even see pulled her right off her canine steed and into the ground.

The last thing she heard was Lloyd's anguished cry of "COLETTE!"

----

November 14

Colette wasn't sure how long she'd been falling for. It could have been a couple seconds, it could have been hours. All she knew was that eventually, her bottom collided with some pavement. The impact was quite a bit harder than she was used to, but it wasn't enough for her to quickly push herself back to her feet.

"Don't worry, Lloyd! I'm ok-" she began as a cheerful smile crossed her face. Then she realized where she was, and it was absolutely nowhere she recognized. Her blue eyes widened as her smile faded, as she started to look around.

"...Lloyd?"

No matter where she looked, she couldn't see any sign of the brown-haired swordsman nor his big green, big-eared dog. What she did see was a lot of other people, some recognizably human, others of races she didn't even knew existed. All of this was in a city that reminded her a lot of some of Meltokio's districts, rather than in the field near Iselia she'd left from.

Her first thought was that she'd fallen into some kind of underworld, but no one here looked like demons. And as far as she could tell, all of the people here, as strange as some of them looked, were just ordinary people. The same she would have met in any other city. Nothing like the lifeless angels she remembered from Welgaia.

Well, surely someone around here knew where she was and what happened to her? She should try and go ask.

On that thought, the sixteen-year-old angel put on her best smile before heading further into this strange city. All the while, she kept looking around, engrossed with her surroundings. Knowing her, chances were high that'd she'd accidentally bump into someone in the process....

2. King the Mimiga

King the Mimiga Cave Story

Race:
    Mimiga
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    By now, wandering outside of the city or through the streets on his days off had become part of King usual routine. The number of people living in Pandora Town still felt overwhelming to the former villager, but he'd started to adjust to the pace of the city, as much as one could while staying in the shelter in any case.

The surprise collision found King landing of his fuzzy bottom in the street, grumbling "Watch where you're going" as he rubbed the end of his snout.

3. Colette Brunel

Race:
    Angel
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The more Colette wandered around, the more attention she paid to the buildings and local architecture than to anyone who might be willing to give her the answers she sought. Maybe comparing it to Meltokio was a little off; while it still looked wealthier than what was usual in Sylvarant before the worlds merged, it seemed to be a little too poor for Meltokio.

Come to think of it, when was the last time she was in Meltokio, anyway? Maybe it'd been so long that she wasn't remembering correctly-

Right as her mind started going on a tangent, she collided with something fuzzy.

"Eep!" she squeaked, flailing her arms around as if that would help her keep her balanced. It failed, leading to the second time within the past couple minutes that she fell flat on her bottom. Then she turned to see just what it was she bumped into, and found herself face-to-face with a cute rabbit person, in the same position as herself, who was decidedly grumpy about her failure to pay attention to her surroundings.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she replied, clasping her hands together with a sheepish grin, "I just got caught up in the scenery. I, um...."

At that she pushed herself back to her feet, brushing off her light blue robes, before offering a hand to the rabbit person in case he needed help getting up as well.

"...Where am I? I know this sounds weird, but I think I've fallen out of one world and into a different one."

4. King the Mimiga

Race:
    Mimiga
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    King took the offered hand as he got to his feet, then quickly patted at his clothes to ensure nothing had gone missing from his pockets or, most importantly, the sheathed sword tied to inside of a flap in his robes. "It's fine" he said gruffly..It was quickly apparent this seemingly innocent girl was new to Pandora from her question and apparent fascination with the scenery of the borough.

"Not really, the same thing happened to me. Pretty sure it happened to everyone else here as well" the mimiga said, making an effort to sound a bit kinder than his default tone usually came across as. Gesturing vaugly to the town and people going about their business, King added "This place is called Pandora, quite a ways away from your home I'm afraid"

5. Colette Brunel

Race:
    Angel
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So Colette wasn't the first person to be brought to this place? In fact, it sounded like pretty much everyone here was somehow brought to this world in the same manner. The next question she asked was the natural response.

"...Would you know why that happens? Could there be a good reason for it?"

If there was a real reason, she wasn't sure if it was going to be a good one. The name "Pandora" didn't exactly sound like the most comforting name in the world, not that she was one to judge solely based on names alone.

As she waited for a response, her eyes flicked over to the scar across the rabbit person's face. She could only hope that wasn't hurting him too much; she'd hate to have such a cute creature be in constant pain from it.

6. King the Mimiga

Race:
    Mimiga
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    King closed his eyes and crossed his arms. There was the big question, one that had been nagging him near as much as figuring out a place in this world as the only one of his kind.

"I've heard godlike beings were behind it. But I couldn't give you a good reason, short of whisking some of us off death's doorstep"

When he opened his eyes, he saw the girl looking back into his eyes with concern. No, more likely looking at the old wound on his face. Damn thing always seemed to attract as much attention as the fact he wasn't human. "Sorry I can't tell you more about that" he added, quickly glancing away before he had to watch her come up with a reason to feel guilty over it.

7. Colette Brunel

Race:
    Angel
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable...." Colette said with a heavy frown, once again clasping her hands together.

One part of her wanted to at least ask if it hurt at all, though come to think of it he didn't seem to be in obvious physical pain. In any event, even she could tell it was something he didn't want to talk about, if only because he flat out said so. She could only assume she didn't want anyone to worry about him, a feeling she knew all too well....

...In any event, it would be rude to keep pushing the subject, so back to the conversation at hand.

"...Anyway. I'm perfectly fine, so that's probably not why I'm here. I guess I don't mind being Chosen a second time, if it's for a good reason...."

This whole deal was starting to remind her of Cruxis, and with it everything that organization had done. She really hoped whoever was behind this was nothing like them, or at the very least would be more willing to stop without a fight.

"Would you happen to know anybody who would know more about this kind of thing?"

King the Mimiga likes this.
  8. Belldandy

Belldandy Ah! My Goddess!

A gentle breeze passed by, the wake of an angelic goddess who was asking most of the same questions.

The goddess had been flying for some time overhead, trying to understand where she was. It was not like Earth sector three, and she had already seen enough fantastic beings and perceived enough magic to know feel she was more free to fly here than on the island where Keiichi lived. There was magic everywhere here, particularly in this vicinity she had heard called a burrough. The winged goddess stopped for a moment, believing she had finally found an important clue. The being below was an angel, or maybe seemed like an angel, something wasn't quite right.

More importantly, If the being talking to the frog below was an angel she was surely in great jeopardy without a host goddess nearby. The angel's emotional aura was indicating some nervousness, but not nearly enough for the dangerous situation she was in.

She floated down toward them, smiling at them. "Please pardon my interruption, Mr Frog. Miss, I am Belldandy: goddess first class, second category, unlimited license. I was very concerned when I saw you just now. May I ask if you are lost?"

9. King the Mimiga

Race:
    Mimiga
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "It's fine" King said, dismissively shaking his head. Maybe one of these days he'd figure out how to handle the subject of his scar without making people feel guilty over something they could never had had anything to do with in the first place. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of being 'Chosen' again.

"No, I know of someplace that explains the laws of this city, but that's about-"

The arrival of Belldandy interrupted King's answer and earned a slight scowl as he was referred to as a frog for some reason. Did his robes really hide that much fur from someone in the air? "Hmph, my name's King. I'm a mimiga." he quickly clarified while trying to size the woman up

Admittedly the subject of divinity was something he had no experience with back home, and hardly any here. So her identification was largely ignored beyond the term 'goddess' and her apparent concern for the human.

"As for you, are you related to the ones that brought us here?"

10. Colette Brunel

Race:
    Angel
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Focused as she was on the conversation, Colette hardly noticed the breeze, beyond maybe thinking it felt nice. She certainly wasn't expecting it to be the herald of a self-proclaimed goddess.

Her expression became one of surprise and awe as she looked over Belldandy, particularly her wings. Then it turned into one of bemusement as Belldandy referred to the rabbit person as a frog, as she looked over him herself. No, she was still fairly positive he was a rabbit. He was cute and fuzzy, with huge floppy ears. Frogs were wet and slimy, though kind of cute in their own way.

She didn't need to point this out herself as the rabbit person was quick to correct the goddess. Well, it turns out he wasn't a rabbit either. Colette supposed that he was above a simple animal like a rabbit; after all, she had been talking to him for the past couple minutes.

But that was besides the point. There was a goddess here, albeit one that reminded her more of an angel than the one goddess she knew, and she seemed to be quite concerned about Colette.

"I am Colette Brunel, Lady Belldandy," she said with a respectful tone of voice, "And I am lost, in a way. I just arrived here, and don't know where, how, or why I'm here. King has told me I'm in a place called Pandora, and that it might be the will of gods...such as yourself, perhaps?"

#10 Colette Brunel, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:20 AM
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 12:29 AM
  11. Belldandy

They were calm, too calm for the situation. Belldandy did not know whether to be calm or alarmed by it. For, if Pandora had taken an angel and left her goddess behind it would be devastating to them both.

She landed and came to normal speaking distance. It helped: her eyes were still a bit blurry. That was certainly nothing like a frog and the angel was wrong. The angel was so calm and yet so young, could it be possible that she were not really an angel at all?

Belldandy contracted her wings back into her body "Please forgive me, Mr King-san the mimiga. I'm afraid the refreshments here seem to be effecting me. I would never want to offend you, and I am so thankful that you took the time to help a stranger in need."

"Miss Collette..." the goddess stopped, noticing. The angel had given two names, presumably a last name like a mortal, and was speaking audibly to a mimosa. This was very surprising behavior for an angel. Belldandy doubted herself; was she making mistakes again, how much cola was in that drink they gave her earlier?

"Miss Collette Brunel, I am indeed a goddess, only I have not heard of a goddess named Pandora until someone explained her to me recently. Most importantly, I would never want to separate an angel from her goddess! I can't imagine a goddess wanting to do such a thing! Are you feeling well?"

12. King the Mimiga

Race:
    Mimiga
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The disappearance of Belldandy's wings was a surprise, but she apologized for the confusion and it seemed her concern wasn't due to his talking to Colette which was enough for King to take a deep breath and ignore his initial annoyance. "It's fine, I should be used to getting mixed up for something else by now".

The goddess' concern for the girl did get him a little curious "But what's an angel?" Turning to Colette he added "You seem like a normal human to me"

Belldandy likes this.
  13. Colette Brunel

Race:
    Angel
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Unfortunately, it seemed Belldandy didn't know anything more about the situation than Colette did. In fact it seemed more likely she was brought here just like she and presumably King were. Well, so much for that.

Furthermore, "separated from her goddess?" What did that mean? She had never even met or knew Martel personally until the brief period where she inhabited Colette's body, yet it was never a direct concern for her. Furthermore, Martel turned out to not actually be a goddess.

Her Cruxis Crystal was the real source of her problems, and all of those had been fixed by now...or so she hoped, anyway.

"The goddess I know has lots of angels, so I don't think missing one will be hard on her," she said with a smile, "And I feel perfectly fine right now. But I greatly appreciate your concern, Lady Belldandy."

As she spoke she reached up and touched her Cruxis Crystal around her neck, making sure it was still firmly attached to its Key Crest and that the Key Crest itself was not broken. The last thing she wanted was to lose her soul or suffer from that painful illness all over again.

Then she frowned. "My greatest worry now is about the people I left behind. I was taken right in front of one of my closest friends, and I would hate to have him worry about me...."

Then King asked an interesting question. It was really weird to meet someone who didn't know what an angel was, but then again Colette had never even heard of a mimiga until just now. Angels must not have existed where King was once from, just as mimigas didn't exist where Colette was from.

"An angel, well.... the angels I knew are a kind of heavenly guardian. At least, the ones I knew were part of a group called Cruxis, said to look over the sleeping goddess Martel." She could explain the truth behind all of that, but that would take a while. "I also think most angels, myself included, were also ordinary people once. In my case, I underwent a journey to help my world that also gradually turned me into an angel. So now, um...."

She frowned. "...it'd be easier to show you, actually."

At that she pulled out her own wings, which appeared to be formed from pink-blue light and more resembled a set of elongated flower petals than feathery bird wings. She flapped them for a bit to let King and Belldandy get a good look at them.

Belldandy likes this.
  14. Belldandy

Even while slightly intoxicated, the goddess was starting to put the story together.

The object around Colete's neck was putting together mostly familiar magic in unfamiliar ways. It explained why Colette seemed like an angel and was but also was not: spirit and body were coming together in a different way and probably as one personality instead of two. It didn't take an reading an emotional aura to understand the connection between the question Belldandy asked and the object Colette touched.

Which is when Colette told the story, or really just the most important part. Leaving people behind. Leaving him behind. It resonated with Belldandy, but Belldandy just said:

"I understand"

Belldandy quietly shook her head at Colette's explanation of angels. Not because she thought Colette wrong, but because she thought Colette was right. It made everything make sense, and it was terrifying...and also, very sad. Stylistic wings, a thing Belldandy would only see at home in Heaven,only drove the point in more. The was not an angel separated from a goddess, but it was something very bad.

Belldandy's sadness showed as she said words which themselves did not portray the emotion "Your wings are beautiful Miss Colette...only I know see that we are all so very far from home. "

So far a place the the laws of the land were different, and even the laws of magic were altered. So very far away from the one she would hate to have worry.

and yet, quickly, the first-class goddess came back to the business at hand.

"Miss Colette...there is a shelter near here, and they can tell you many of the things you need to get started. Due to the large numbers of people coming and going...It is fairly easy to settle in. In only a few days, I have found a government job and a little house very close to where we are right now. Dear, if you ever need help or are lonely please don't hesitate to call on me. Goddesses..at least the ones where I am from... love angels very dearly.

"You too, Mr King-san! I would be honored to have such a wise and caring mimosa to call upon me. Perhaps you will allow me to cook a meal for you sometime."