By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private A Happy Reunion

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Astrid Haddock, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Astrid Haddock

Astrid Haddock How to Train Your Dragon

Viking
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    April 24, Year 108
    @Hiccup Haddock

”Hang on, Stormfly girl, I’m gonna get you some fish,” Astrid told her dragon, patting her on her beak. She corralled the dragon into a little pen that was probably meant for horses, but oh well. ”Just hang out for a bit. I’ll be back soon.”

Astrid swung her axe onto her back, and walked into the cute little town of Cascade Bay. She really liked it here in the Crystal Vales. She didn’t want to leave. It reminded her a lot of home. There wasn’t any of that dumb technology Astrid couldn’t wrap her brain around. She was sure if Hiccup were here, he’d find the technology incredible, but Astrid personally would stick to her old-fashioned methods.

Downtown was the best place to go shopping. Astrid did a lot of hunting, and she’d split up the animal and sell almost all of it. The meat for food, the skins for clothing, the hooves for tools, and the horns for decoration. She still hadn’t found herself a permanent place to stay, so she would hop from inn to inn.

As she walked up to the little cart that sold the fish that Stormfly liked, Astrid gazed upon the selection, rubbing her chin. She had to find a balance between quality and something that was actually affordable. ”I’ll take three of those cod,” she told the worker.

She watched him pack up the fish into a little bundle, and sensed another customer walking up to the cart. She couldn’t help but glance at who it was, just to be safe.

Astrid’s jaw dropped, and her cheeks turned pink. ”Hiccup?!”

Hiccup Haddock likes this.
  2. Hiccup Haddock

Hiccup Haddock How to Train Your Dragon

Viking (Sort Of)
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

[​IMG]
    April 24th
    Time seemed to crawl by, as was to be expected in a new world. Hiccup still had yet to adjust to the weather. Here, it was warmer perhaps even too warm for his liking. Especially with the climate back in Berk. Still, adjust and conquer right? It was why he had ditched his fur-lined clothing articles and remained in his leather attire, which he too had adjusted accordingly. The leather here was thinner, less course. Which meant it was slightly more breathable. He did notice the various other items of clothing that people seemed to wear. There were something call shorts, which looked like trousers with the bottoms cut off, then there was something called a 'tee shirt'. Again, that too was similar to his clothes, but with half an arm covered? It looked interesting and the material too was unlike anything he had seen before, but he just wasn't quite ready to ditch his own method of clothing.

Today, Hiccup spent the morning wandering around the local town with his leather bound book in hand. He was taking notes and designing all in one. There was a lot of similarities between here and home which made the Crystal Vales all that more appealing. He had recently purchased items called pens, and pencils, therefore, ditching his stick of charcoal. He had to admit, pens and pencils were certainly more useful, they even came in different colors! Tapping the tip of his pencil against his lips he wondered the quaint little town taking in all that it had to offer. There was a great deal he still had to discover, all of which he understood and was eager to continue to discover. The more time he spent here, the more he felt connected to it and the more he pictured himself staying here.

Hiccup knew of the other towns and cities of course and he had the desire to explore them, it was just the case of actually exploring them. He had no immediate mode of transport but did know of the transport links. Yet another thing he wished to see, each passing day he learned of something new and yes, his excitement was certainly growing. Of course, he still thought about home, about Astrid and Toothless yet, he would be lying if he said it was all he thought about. In truth, there was simply so much here to explore and to learn about that although home was on his mind it had its moments.

He wondered the town, scribbling away furiously that he wasn't looking where he was going, let alone who he was nearly walking in to. So, out of the blue a shriek of delight resounded across the square catching him off guard. Snapping his head up to find the source of the shout he spotted it moments later. A messy blond haired female, slender and similar in height had called to him. It took him a moment to register just who it was. Then it hit him, his own jaw dropped as did his book and pencil. "A-Astrid??!" he gulped, suddenly he felt like the timid 12-year-old boy who had first laid eyes upon her all those years ago.

3. Astrid Haddock

Viking
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Hiccup Haddock

There was no mistaking that scruffy, brown haired man. It was her husband, Hiccup. Without even thinking about the fisherman or her purchase, Astrid abandoned the fish stand and ran to him as fast as she could. ”Hiccup!” she shouted. She hadn’t been this excited or happy in well over a month, since before she came to Pandora.

”Hiccup! Oh my Gods, it’s really you,” Astrid said as she threw herself on him in a big hug. ”I can’t believe we finally found each other.” A tiny teardrop ran down her cheek and onto his leather cladded shoulder. She drew her head back to look at her husband’s face, stroking his cheek with her finger. Yes, this was her Hiccup, and not one from her past or her future, or at least not too far. She grabbed the collar of his armor and pulled him in for a deep kiss. She missed this more than anything.

Astrid had so many questions for him and she didn’t know where to begin. ”Hiccup, how long have you been here in Pandora?” she asked him with big blue eyes. ”How long have you been in Crystal Vales? Are you safe? What have you been up to?” She buried her face into him for one last hug. ”I missed you so much.” Then she let go of him, taking in the wonderful sight of Hiccup as he answered her questions.

4. Hiccup Haddock

Viking (Sort Of)
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

[​IMG]
    April 24th

Yep, it was defiantly Astrid. After his brief stutter, he swallowed hard and even with a dry mouth he said again out of confirmation. "Astrid!" it was then arms wrapped around him and pulled him into a tight embrace. An embrace he hadn't prepared for. Caught in the embrace he was reminded once more of just how tough and strong Astrid's grip was. Not that he would ever admit it to her of course. He too couldn't believe his luck. Of all the people to come across not for one second did he expect it to be Astrid. Wriggling slightly in the embrace to adjust himself before she squeezed all the air out of him, and with a mouthful of hair hair he spoke. "Can't- Breath- " As soon as her grip had loosened he sucked in a breath. "Nice to see you too." he chuckled breathlessly as a grin spread across his face.

He was certainly pleased to see her, to have someone he knew and someone he cared for would certainly make staying in Pandora that much more bearable. As her hand touched his cheek, he smiled softly and lifted his own hand to cover hers. He knew exactly what she was thinking. He had heard of stories, that people had come across someone they knew only for them to be a past or future version. Honestly, he was glad that this was his Astrid. A quick check of her finger also proved that. "yes, it's me" he mused, imagining her reaction to another him. He couldn't help but wonder if a younger him stumbled across Astrid. That would have been a whole other scenario.

"Oof" was the sound that slipped past his lips as she manhandled him and pulled him into a rough, yet passionate kiss. One he returned as he then wrapped his own arms around her. It was a nice sensation, holding her close it was natural and the one reminder of home. Then the questions begun, fast and swift he wondered how she was able to breath in between them. "Woah, Astrid slow down!" he chuckled lowly as he held her close for a moment longer. "One question at a time" he mused, When she finally pulled back it was time to answer her many questions.

"Well, I have been here for a month and a bit? At least I think so?" he half-shrugged, honestly he wasn't entirely sure how long he had been in Pandora. "I've been in Crystal Vales for a little under a week or so. It's certainly different here." He commented as he bent down and picked up his journal and pen. Brushing it off he tucked it back inside his vest before he looked towards Astrid. "Yes, I'm safe" he chuckled rolling his eyes at her. What had he been up too? to be honest, he wasn't even sure. "Drawing?" he mused with a soft chuckle. "Not much.. Iv'e been exploring this place and adjusted my clothes. For a while I was trying to find some way back, but that is impossible.." he frowned, not that he had any reason to go back now. Not if Astrid was here. Shaking his head to dismiss the thought of home he smiled slightly. "When did you get here?"

Astrid Haddock likes this.
  5. Astrid Haddock

Viking
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Hiccup Haddock
    It was amazing how much better Astrid felt now that she knew she wouldn’t be alone. She hadn’t made a lot of friends here yet, and most of her day was spent talking to her dragon Stormfly. It was way different than from back at home where she couldn’t go twenty minutes without some viking talking to her. Here, she was a nobody.

Astrid laughed and shook her head. ”Sorry, there’s just a lot we have to talk about.” It was hard for her to not go too fast. So he was here for a month. That sounded about how long Astrid had been there, too. Their situations sounded almost the same. The viking woman looked down as he picked up a small journal and pen, which must’ve been his, and she smiled. Of course Hiccup was documenting every little thing here. She knew he wouldn’t mind being in a world that needed exploring.

She was so relieved that he was safe. Even if that might have been a little bit of a silly question, she had to ask. Hiccup seemed pretty comfortable here, just like she knew he would be. He always loved exploring. ”Of course you’ve been drawing,” she said with a teasing look, shaking her head. ”Yeah… I know. This place traps people. There’s no way back,” she said a little sadly.

”I got here about a month ago, like you.” She looked up at him with big blue eyes, narrowing her brows a little. ”When exactly did you get pulled into Pandora? What were you doing back at home?”

6. Hiccup Haddock

Viking (Sort Of)
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

[​IMG]
    April 24th

A lot was an understatement. He wondered exactly where Astrid had been taken from, all this talk about different time lines was both intriguing but also rather confusing.
    ”Of course you’ve been drawing,” she mused. What else would he have been doing? it was a whole new place, with a whole new species of animals. Not to mention different clothes ans designs. All of which fascinated the young inventor. One who was always keen to both explore and invent new things. Sometimes even improve them. Here, it was a gold mine in his opinion. It was just unfortunate that he didn't have Toothless to explore it with. No doubt, his best friend was doing a whole lot of exploring without him.

Despite knowing there was no way back, now that Astrid was here...there was no real reason to go back. Not when all he wanted was right here. They could start a whole new adventure together? just the two of them. Maybe they could even build their own house? There were a great many possibilities to explore. Yet, she was right they had a whole lot of catching up to do first. However, her next question caused a puzzled look to cross his face. She had been there, did she not know? He had certainly heard about the fact that once you were pulled through life simply continued without anyone noticing you had even disappeared. He didn't necessarily believe it though.

"You were there.." he said slowly, yet the confused look on Astrid's face said otherwise. "Alright maybe you weren't? it was after our wedding.. anyway, before I came here I had just said goodbye to Toothless." he explained, it was still a sore subject. He knew it had been the right thing to do but it didn't mean it hurt any less. "That was the last time I saw him. What about you? by the sounds of it...you were doing something different..?" he hedged. At least that was what he presumed by Astrid's reaction. If that as the case then there was a whole lot more to this 'Pandora' than he had first thought.

7. Astrid Haddock

Viking
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Hiccup Haddock

When she asked Hiccup when he got pulled into Pandora, she immediately knew something was up. His expression turned all confused, and he talked slowly. Even though she’d been here for awhile, Pandora still confused Astrid, too. When he said she was there, Astrid shook her head a little. She definitely didn’t remember seeing Hiccup pulled in by the black ropes.

Hiccup said it was after their wedding, which Astrid nodded to. But she didn’t remember him saying bye to Toothless. She’d known it was in his plans to, but Astrid was pulled in some time before that. ”Aww Hiccup…” she said quietly, touching his hand a little. She could see the sadness in his eyes.

”I was pulled in after our wedding too.” That made her a little bit happy. At least both of them were married to each other. ”But the last thing I remember is our ceremony. I was pulled in literally seconds after it happened.” She scratched her head, raising a brow at him. ”So you never saw me get pulled in by those black ropes? I just looked normal? Odin’s beard, this place is so bizarre, Hiccup.”

Then her eyes widened as her memory snapped back to her dragon that she had posted up at the stables. ”Oh no… Stormfly’s waiting for me!” She prayed that the dragon hadn’t destroyed anything yet. ”I need to go check on her!” She grabbed Hiccup’s hand and tugged at him before running up to the stables where she’d tied up her dragon.

8. Hiccup Haddock

Viking (Sort Of)
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

[​IMG]
    April 24th

The small gesture of comfort was welcomed. Saying goodbye to Toothless had been the hardest decision to make, but it ad also been the right decision. One choice he would make all over again if he needed it. Offering a small smile to Astrid in thanks he nodded abruptly, shrugging it off before returning to the situation at hand. So Astrid had been pulled in after the wedding as he expected, just not quite as late as he first thought. At least, she was still his Astrid and his wife, that made all the difference. However, the fact Astrid had missed a whole chunk of their life as a couple was a whole other matter. For a moment he processed what Astrid had said and what he still couldn't work out was the fact she said she missed it...yet had also been there? he supposed it was just another string of mystery to add to the already complex web that was Pandora. A mystery he had every intention of at least trying to get to the bottom of. A goal he suspected would be long...if it was even possible.

After a long moment of silence whilst the clogs in his brain churned he finally spoke. If not slightly awkwardly.. what was the rules on kissing what could only be described as 'another' Astrid?
    "No, I never saw any of it. After the wedding, you returned, perfectly fine and we celebrated. A bit after that was when I said goodbye to Toothless... which you to never saw either?" he questioned a look of confusion had settled across his face. None of it really made much sense, despite how aware he was of the whole.. parallel universe side of things. Information he had picked up through chatter with various other individuals.

The sudden shout that echoed from Astrid, instantly caused him to look around. "What? What?!" It was only then that she said Stormfly was currently waiting for her that Hiccups own eyes grew wide. She still had her Dragon!!?? How was that.... Oh! Of course it made sense. Astrid back home had said goodbye to Stormfly the same time he had said goodbye to Toothless. Before his mind could formulate questions, a rough yank on his arm had he and Astrid running towards the outskirts of the small town. Having eventually reached the stables, Hiccup gulped down air before speaking. "H-how did she end up coming with you?" he questioned truly perplexed by the whole situation. Had Astrid just been lucky enough? or had Stormfly been pulled in separate? That thought sent a wave of curiosity over him. Maybe..just maybe Toothless was here too? did that make him selfish, to wish his friend here? Yes it probably did... Toothless had his own life and he would rather his best friend be happy with his girlfriend there here miserable without her.

Shaking his head he looked towards Stormfly, it truly was a relief to see something else that reminded him of home and he was happy for Astrid, knowing that at least she hadn't been here alone. With a broad grin, he approached Stormfly and held out his hand to pet her. "I'm glad though, that at least Stormfly was around to look after you..." he teased, before he turned to Stromfly and spoke in his usual somewhat childish manner toward the dragon as he did any other. "Good girl looking out for Astrid! kept away all the big nasties!" he chuckled as he moved his hand in attempt to scratch under Stormfly's chin.

9. Astrid Haddock

Viking
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Astrid really couldn’t understand no matter how hard she tried how any of this could be possible. It was all she thought about while she was here in Pandora. What she knew, was that she was in a strange new world, and that she had to survive here. And now, her husband was here with her, so she had her partner back. That’s all that she could understand, and that’s all that mattered to her. She only focused on surviving.

Well, it was Astrid, her husband, and her crazy dragon. She ran as fast as she could through town and back to that little stable Stormfly was waiting at. To her great surprise, the dragon looked relatively unalarmed that Astrid had been gone for so long. She was taking a little nap in the sun.

When Astrid and Hiccup came to her however, her nostrils flared as she smelled the humans and her eye opened, staring at them. Then she jumped up as high as she could, did a little happy dance, and ran at Hiccup full speed, diving at him and giving him lots of licks and gentle nose pecks.

Astrid let out a hearty laugh, putting her hand on her hip as she watched her dragon reunite with Hiccup. ”Wow, Hiccup, she really missed you!” Astrid said, and came up and patted Stormfly on her side. Good girl looking out for Astrid! kept away all the big nasties! Hiccup told her, which made Astrid smile. He cared about keeping her safe so much. Astrid never questioned his protectiveness even for a second. ”Oh please, it was this big tough viking woman that kept away all the nasties,” she pointed at herself.

”It was so bizarre… She just kind of, showed up one day,” Astrid explained, looking at her. ”It was only a day or two after I came here. I don’t know why this world decided to bring her here, but here she is, and of course, I had to stay with her.” She knew the dragon could take care of herself, but until Hiccup was here, Stormfly was the only piece of home Astrid had.