HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private A Meeting With She

Discussion in 'Riverboat Cafe' started by Sherlock Holmes, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Irene Adler
    October 1st

Sherlock sat at the table on the patio outside of the Riverboat cafe, checking time on his pocket watch, not too late in the afternoon, just a pinch after one thirty so he wasn't unreasonably early. The air was decent for this time of year, a slight chill but still warm enough that he didn't need one of his thick overcoats and his light scarf. He had his cane with him, he figured it would be against social norms to bring a pistol to what was supposedly a reunion, he didn't exactly know if this truly was Irene or someone who knew enough about her to fool him. Although he doubted they knew her scent well enough to match the scent of perfume on the stationary especially at such a subtle amount. His cane provided him with security if he needed it. Contained within the wooden shaft was a two and a half foot length of sharpened steel attached to the handle of the cane. He had a cup of tea in front of him as he waited for her, he was glad they had proper cups at the cafe he didn't like the feel of paper cups when he was drinking his tea. Meeting Irene was an odd feeling for him he had last seen her years ago but that had been a moment of curious passion and he was not sure whether or not he regretted that moment.

And if this Irene was truly a different one he had to learn and understand these differences and whether they were for the better or for the worst. But only time could tell there, he was glad for one thing he had told Kate to stay home with the neighbor for the afternoon until he returned home.

Irene Adler likes this.
  2. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene had to admit to herself that she was slightly nervous, not that she would reveal this for a single moment. She was aware that this was not the Sherlock she knew but her heart twinged anyway. Like she had told him, they were connected. It was not terribly clear how, but according to James, they were from the same novel. Apparently she was just from a different time.

Dressed extremely well in a red body hugging dress and rose gold jewelry with her hair up in her signature style, Irene sauntered toward the man she knew so well and not at all. She hadn't really expected Sherlock, but her heart dropped just a little to see that his face was not familar, "Mr. Sherlock Holmes." She said pleasantly, "I hope I haven't kept you waiting."

Before sitting, she said, "I'm Irene Adler." She held out her hand to shake and took a seat before him, crossing her legs slowly. Ordering tea with a slight motion to the waiter, she faced Sherlock fully, "I'm certain you have questions, Mr. Holmes." She told him, trying not to be too personal and leaving a bit of formality on the table. They had just met after all.

@Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes likes this.
  3. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Sherlock was shocked when he spotted Irene she was so similar perhaps a bit older than his Irene but only by two or three years but still a very similar image to his Irene but there was one difference. Much flashier, he could still see that same intelligence behind her eyes but her clothes were less about the practicals features and more about showing off than his Woman had carried herself with. That was only a small difference he'd noticed for the most part she seemed the same but time would tell if that was true as well. He quickly gathered his thoughts as she approached and straightened up in his chair. "I was early so you are right on time" He closed up his watch and leaned forward. "MIss Adler." It was the first time in years he'd used the name to describe her always to Kate and Watson it was simply the woman, in fact neither of them knew of his liaison in America before Mycroft brought him home and he reestablished his life as a detective.

"I have many questions but I think the best place to start is with how we met in our own worlds in fact i could go first." He cleared his throat and brought back the entire scenario. "A count from Austria came to me claiming you had a compromising photo taken during an affair that could ruin his marriage and were planning on blackmailing him with it for money. After an investigation you outsmarted me and escaped yet revealed via letter that you had in fact only stolen said photo to protect yourself from a powerful ex lover bent on erasing all he could of the affairs existence to hide the fact he was at one point in love with a woman of lower status than he. In the end you were a victim protecting herself from a supposed danger. I have not seen you for years since as you returned home to America to restart and acting career."

Irene Adler likes this.
  4. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"I was early so you are right on time"

Irene lifted a perfectly manicured brow, "Isn't that how it always is?" She said smoothly, watching closely for his response to her sexual joke.

She listened intently to his story of how they met, noting the similarities and the differences. It seemed decidedly old fashioned and she wondered what year it might have been, "Well, Mr. Holmes, there are theories of parallel dimensions and it's clear to me that this is what we are. I'm from the year 2013, that's when I met a man named Sherlock Holmes. He wasn't you but I can see he is very much like you."

She ordered tea as the waiter came by and continued, "It wasn't an Austrian count but an English duchess and she hired me as a dominatrix. The pictures were for insurance but your brother, Mycroft, wanted you to get them back for the modesty of the crown. He worked for the English Government, you see. I had more than just pictures, however, I had information from the American government as well. You came to me in disguise and I outed you immediately. We danced back and forth, trading wits for about six months before i played my high card." She explained.

"I exposed government secrets to protect myself, but, in the end, you took my source of information stored on a device." She wasn't sure just how much he understood about modern technology, "This device." She pulled out her phone and laid it on the table, "It exposed me to a set up by either the British or American government, or even Moriarty. I was captured by terrorists who planned to execute me but you stepped in..." She told him, meeting his eyes, "Or at least the Sherlock from my dimension did." She wasn't quite sure she ought to tell him what happened next, that she and her Sherlock had spent the night together after their escape to a New Delhi hotel.

@Sherlock Holmes

5. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Holmes smirked and scoffed a little at her cheeky little joke, but as for her explanation he simply nodded. That made sense, a few key differences actually some very large differences but sprinkled in were waves of similarities. He leaned closer and nodded it made sense and he felt like there was something left out of it, then again he had left something out as well. So he didn't push just yet but still if she wanted to meet they must have had some form of bond outside of being two people involved in a scandal in the making. Perhaps she’d left him the same gift Irene had left Holmes in his world. “Yes well the Industrial Revolution as the papers call it are in full swing in my time around 1837 I believe. Well I suppose you’ve had no other interactions with your version of me outside this world before...our demise?” He didn’t quite know how to go about one version of himself being dead in this world regret? Anger? Remorse? It all felt pointless since he was not /he/ nor was he someone else. “My condolences by the way.” It seemed like the appropriate thing to say.

“I’m sorry if I seem on guard it’s just the last lady to come around for tear turned out to be a deranged medium who tried to kidnap my daughter to live out some deranged fantasy.”

Irene Adler likes this.
  6. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“1837?” Irene said a bit taken aback, “Our timelines do not coincide in the least, I am from 2015.” she admitted waiting for the flying car or any other futuristic question.

“Well I suppose you’ve had no other interactions with your version of me outside this world before...our demise?”

Irene smirked, catching onto his questions, “I didn’t say that.” She hummed softly with the slightest hint of suggestion that might be undetectable to the untrained eye but was surely no match for Sherlock. She watched closely for his reaction as he deduced with a keen mind. She had loved to watch Sherlock’s eyes as he puzzled something out. Still, this man was not Sherlock. He shared his name and probably truly was connected somehow, but he was still a stranger to her. He may have been Sherlock Holmes, but he was not her Sherlock Holmes.

She took his condolences with a polite nod, not really wanting to tell that story just yet to someone she still considered unknown to her.

“I’m sorry if I seem on guard it’s just the last lady to come around for tear turned out to be a deranged medium who tried to kidnap my daughter to live out some deranged fantasy.”

Irene blinked in true surprise as the overload of odd information hit her. Her stomach dropped when she wondered at who might be the mother of Sherlock’s child and could only land on one woman. Was this, in an odd way, her own child from another dimension? The implications were dizzying.

“I’m afraid you’ve lost me and may need to elaborate.” She said, gently, trying to hide the unusual emotions that bubbled up from the new turn in their conversation.

@Sherlock Holmes

#6 Irene Adler, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  7. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Holmes couldn't help but smirk slightly at her response, about as coy as he had expected it to be. It was slightly disarming and he let himself calm down and ignore the idea that this could all be some sort of game she was putting on or someone else had her putting on. No instead he was simply having lunch with a...friend. Yes that's what she was, she was his friend and he was glad to meet her again. Although this was the first time he was meeting this version of her. He wondered what their other encounters were like although knowing himself and her he figured they were similar to the meeting the two had had before and again in his world. Although he wouldn't delve into that, he'd keep their affair in his deck for as long as he could before playing it. It as the best way to make sure he always had a way to catch her off guard. He looked at her expression and sipped his tea, nodding and chucking a little, knowing he put that quiet bluntly.

"Yes I must elaborate, Kate is my daughter she's adopted, I adopted her after she lost her father James Moriarty. Yes that one. And I had her at a boarding school but she returned in time for my new neighbor to see her and she turned out to be the daughter of another man I had put away who had inadvertently died during an escape attempt. I don't know what her original plan had been but when she met Kate and realized who she was she had formed some sort of suicide pact and confused her enough to pressure Kate into it with mysticism nonsense, at least her mysticism was, and I was pulled here with Kate right during my rescue? Is that enough elaboration?"
    He leaned back in his chair and cupped his hands together in his lap.

Irene Adler likes this.
  8. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene's eyebrows rose as the barrage of information was delivered in a information dump that was quite unlike anything Irene had ever heard. There was little pause and she listened intently. His speech pattern was certainly not the one she recognized as Sherlock's and she felt a little tug on her heart, a signal that she was missing him. It was, however, a slight relief to find that Kate was not indirectly related to Irene herself.

The story itself was unusual to say the least. Some sort of revenge against Sherlock for causing her father's death, she gathered. It was odd to think of Sherlock being humble or loving enough to adopt and raise a child.

"I see." She sipped her drink, "It is very foreign to me that Sherlock Holmes should be a father. These other dimensions are curious things and, like a friend of mine, I try not to think overly about them. It just makes my head spin and makes me think too deeply about things I could never grasp anyway." She smiled, "I do feel we are natural allies, Mr. Holmes which is why I contacted you. I don't have too many of them and it seems to me I should certainly seek out the ones that have some prior connection. This world is strange and we all need friends here." She told him with a small Mona Lisa smile.

@Sherlock Holmes

#8 Irene Adler, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  9. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Sherlock shook his head, he was well aware of the fact the idea of him as a father seemed a longshot at best and he could not blame her for feeling that way. "Well...what else could I do? With her father being who he was...the likelihood of a family adopting the daughter of one of England's most hated men well...unlikely...I couldn't curse Kate to live like that. So I took care of her." And Moriarty had demanded he be the one to care for her, for whatever reason he didn't care, he respected his old enemy enough to respect his last wishes. And he loved his daughter and was trying his best to change for her. Seeing Irene was part of that change, back home before Kate, he would have avoided this, too many memories that he would have wanted to deny, not because he disliked the memories of Irene but because they went against every promise he'd made to himself about not letting emotions cloud his decisions. "But yes I am still adjusting to the role."

Natural allies, that had...connotations to it he was not certain of, she seemed trustworthy and was seemingly holding a high amount of trust in him but it sounded more like a business proposition than just asking for friendship. Then again he may have been wrong and just needed to stop analyzing the entire situation. "I suppose we all do, but it depends on what we expect from our friends."

Irene Adler likes this.
  10. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene was sure she could not take on a child herself and felt the smallest twinge of guilt for thinking that she wouldn't have in Sherlock's place. Still, it didn't stop her admiring his actions in taking care of the child despite being glad she had not had to make such a choice. Irene wasn't exactly cold, but she would not make a good mother.

"Is Moriarty dead where you come from, then?" She wanted to know, changing the subject bluntly as well as being upfront about their shared enemy. She wasn't entirely sure why, but Moriarty had become completely ineffectual and benign since coming to Pandora, which she was thankful for. Her random run ins with him and research of his activities, or lack thereof since his arrival four years ago, had made her lose all respect and or fear she had ever held for the man. He was essentially a non entity and definitely not a real threat. Odd as it was, he was a changed man, nit the Moriarty who had hired her to trick the Holmes boys and not the one who had stolen crown jewels just for the thrill of it. Would Sherlock be as surprised as she at Moriarty's banality?

"I suppose we all do, but it depends on what we expect from our friends."

Irene's red lips turned up into the smallest smile, "That sounds as if you suspect I might use you." Of course he might think that, anyone would, "But, this is a genuine offer of friendship, it only sounds a bit awkward because we are strangers yet. Well, in a sense." She sipped her tea, "In another sense, we know one another well." She set down her teacup.

@Sherlock Holmes