HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open A New Chapter

Discussion in 'The Shelter' started by Karen Page, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Karen Page

Karen Page Marvel Universe

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Year 7
    19th September, Autumn
    Tag; OPEN

[​IMG]
    "I.. I just feel like there's something we're missing, Foggy. Something right in front of us..."

Ever since Matt had revealed his secret identity, Karen had known this day might come. As skilled and remarkable as he may be, The Devil Of Hell's Kitchen was still only human. While she'd understood his need to protect Hell's Kitchen, she didn't think he'd ever really considered the fear from the other side. The waiting in that Police Station had been agonising, and she and Foggy had been left looking at an empty door while he'd disappeared from their lives forever. They'd barely begun mourning their friend when life had decided to split them apart again, and this time it would be even further than before.

A death black portal suddenly erupted beside the church and Karen heard Foggy's yells amidst her screams of terror. She had never seen anything like it, and for a moment felt sure she was dreaming, or perhaps having some sort of sleep deprived hallucination. It had been days since Karen had slept through an entire night. The reporter instinctively pulled against the vines tugging her forward while Foggy grabbed her around the middle and attempted to pull as well. But it was no use; the vines carried her away as though she were a moth to the flame.

Karen grabbed Foggy's hand and held on tight, her gaze meeting his for the last time. "Foggy," she whispered, tears sparkling her blue eyes. "Foggy, I..." What could she say? How could she sum up their friendship in a few short words, how could she explain everything he'd done for her, how much he meant. He wasn't just her friend; he was her family. The only family she had left.

With one final tug Karen's hand fell from Foggy's grasp and she was pulled through the darkness, falling faster and faster until... Suddenly, quite abruptly, she was on a narrow, twisting street in the middle of a busy town. But it wasn't one she recognised; with mossy rooftops and orange lanterns it reminded her of a fairy tale. But this was as far away from a fairy tale as she could get. Karen looked to her left to find no Foggy by her side. She'd selfishly hoped they'd somehow end up in this place together. The vines uncurled themselves from around her legs and she watched helplessly as the black portal disappeared, leaving her stood alone and confused in a strange new world.

#1 Karen Page, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Cynthia likes this.
  2. Cynthia

Cynthia Pokémon

Historian
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Pandora Town was lovely. It was peaceful and bustling and utterly boring.

Cynthia enjoyed the chances to study the history and mythology that was waiting to be found. Unfortunately she also found the town lacking in real excitement. The monsters in Misty Hollow were always there for a battle, but Pandora Town wasn't nearly as fun.

Meeting people and making friends was a big point in favor. There were so many people living in the town that she would never be able to meet them all, which was a shame.

Speaking of meeting people, someone new to Pandora seemed to arrive. The poor woman seemed so confused too. Before she could approach, Togekiss already took pity on her and flew closer. He cried softly and tried to hug her.

"Togekiss, please, she's probably already worked up enough," she called to her overeager Pokémon.

She turned to the strange woman and said, "are you alright? I know being grabbed like that is quite disconcerting."

Karen Page likes this.
  3. Amber

Amber The Tribe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Having been here three days, she got up from where she been sleeping on hearing a female voice nearby. It was her first night in a proper bed as she had spent two nights sleeping in doorways. For a few seconds, she wondered if she was going to end up being taken to the town's children's home - just what she needed right now.

Still it was nice to know where and when her next meal was coming from for a change and Amber wondered if the dining hall had any of that homemade macaroni cheese left. Best make the most of her stay in this building before being taken to the orphanage then she froze on seeing a non-humanoid creature hugging another woman who looked confused - another victim of this place?

The creature had more of her attention though and she found herself asking "What is that?"

Karen Page likes this.
  4. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

[​IMG]
    Karen wasn't ready for this. She'd always believed in her own strength, had known in her gut she could get through anything life threw at her. Even... Even losing Matt. But what she wasn't prepared for were surprise hugs from bird-like creatures.

Karen let out a gasp and instinctively flinched away. Her eyes filled with regret as she laid eyes on the bird; the poor thing was only trying to help and had obviously picked up on Karen's jitteriness. The animal definitely had wings with blue and red feathers but it was unlike any bird Karen had ever seen. It let out a loud cry and attempted to comfort her, while a voice behind them called out in response. A blonde woman suddenly appeared, and Karen smiled, hitching her bag a little further onto her shoulder.

"I - I'm fine," she managed, still eyeing the bird with a mixture of curiosity and wariness. Her brain felt muddled, and she raised a hand to her temple. "Thank you. Sorry, do you know where I am? I'm... I'm a little lost." Karen chose to leave out the part about arriving through a black portal. Best not to appear as crazy as she currently felt. "I hope I didn't upset - er - him?" She added regretfully, nodding to her feathery companion.

While she didn't have the time nor the space for a pet, Karen had always loved animals. The more she looked at the bird, the more she noticed. It was very cute, with a sweet, peaceful sort of face and a calming temperament. This bird definitely wasn't a common occurrence however, as a young girl also stopped in her tracks and asked what it was. Karen's gaze fell upon the teenager and noted the tribal paint on her face, the tired look in her eyes. All three of them were unlike anything Karen had seen in New York (well, the young girl maybe less so), and that's saying something considering the City was currently full of Superheroes and Vigilantes.

Amber and Cynthia like this.
  5. Cynthia

Cynthia Pokémon

Historian
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Before Cynthia could start speaking to the woman Togekiss tried to hug, someone else walked over and asked about him. She gently explained, "he's a togekiss, a species of Pokémon known for being drawn to peace and spreading kindness wherever they go."

As she spoke, Togekiss inched closer to Karen, trying to keep from upsetting her again. Once she seemed to calm down he smiled back and placed a wing on her back.

The woman's question was a bit odd to Cynthia. She seemed to be taking the portal that dropped her off in stride. Unless she was trying to pretend it didn't happen. It was out of the ordinary, but there wasn't any reason to deny what she saw.

"Yes, being brought here is rather confusing," she said, "this is Pandora, a world full of people who have all been captured by those same cords that brought you here. I'm sorry to say, but we're stuck here until whatever powerful creature that decided to take us lets us go."

The woman's concern for Togekiss was sweet. Cynthia shook her head, saying, "he understands that you're a little overwhelmed. He doesn't take offense easily."

Karen Page and Amber like this.
  6. Amber

Amber The Tribe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "A Pokemon?" the girl nodded, studying Togekiss while listening to what the older woman it seemed to belong to continued speaking though she was more focused on the other new arrival.

She hadn't looked back when the black vines had brought her here and was assuming one of the other Mallrats was trying to pull her back inside for a show of comfort. The tugging hadn't let up, her misery turning to mild anger over the persistent pulling until she had found her location had changed.

Pandora? The blonde woman's explanation sounded like something straight out of a comic-book. Flopping onto a bed, she rubbed at her face with both hands with all thoughts of food forgotten.

It was almost like a sick joke, she had given up a chance of happiness, of being with Sasha for her friends, for those who needed her. She also felt empty even if she was prepared to cry in front of two unfamiliar women, she had no more tears left after watching him leave and knowing she would never see him again.

#6 Amber, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Karen Page likes this.
  7. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

[​IMG]
    Karen inclined her head every so slightly, not knowing what to say. She had never heard of a Pokemon. It hadn't ceased her interest however, if anything it'd only made her more curious and she shifted on the spot, her recent predicament momentarily forgotten. The girl beside her seemed inquisitive too and Karen glanced to teenager as she repeated the name. Pokemon.

Karen had never known anything like it and hesitantly reached out to touch Togekiss, who had edged closer to Karen and spread his wing across her back. His presence was oddly soothing and she smiled, gently stroking his feathers. "Did you say his name was Togekiss?" She asked, hoping she'd got that right. Karen tensed as Togekiss' owner confirmed she wasn't going mad after all. Those vines had really brought here, and for reasons that were unknown. Karen wasn't sure if she found that comforting or unnerving.

"There's no way back?" She reiterated, feeling a fresh wave of panic. Her stomach suddenly felt rather hollow. Pandora. Like Pandora's Box? It would make sense, but this looked like an entire world rather than a box. Then again, she was only in one town on one street. Who knew how big this place was. Karen looked back at Togekiss, continuing to stroke him. What was she going to do?

She smiled, albeit sadly now, glad that the little creature hadn't taken offence to Karen's previous recoil. The girl with the tribal paint also seemed to be trying to process this new information and covered her face with her hands. Karen looked down, feeling for the kid. She was so young, and all alone in this Pandora. "Hey, you okay?" She asked gently. "Do you have any family here or... Is it just you?"

8. Cynthia

Cynthia Pokémon

Historian
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Yes, that's right," Cynthia said to Karen and Amber, "Togekiss is only one of the Pokémon on my team, but having them all out at once can be a little chaotic." Of course, watching Amber become more upset by the second, a little chaos would probably be useful.

Picking another pokéball from her belt, Cynthia sent out Glaceon. The ice dog was elated to be let out and immediately started bounding in a circle around Cynthia's feet. With a small gesture towards Amber, Cynthia directed Glaceon over to the depressed teen.

It didn't take long for Glaceon to pick up on the implied order and hop over to Amber. She gently nudged at the teen's leg and yipped playfully.

With that done, Cynthia turned back to Karen, who seemed to be getting along quite well with Togekiss, who leaned into the pets very happily. Cynthia had to frown at the question though.

"Not as far as I can tell," she confirmed, "though, perhaps we will be returned home no worse for wear after whatever brought us here is satisfied, but I cannot say when that will happen."

Amber and Karen Page like this.
  9. Amber

Amber The Tribe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Feeling something lightly push at her leg, the blonde girl looked down at the yipping noise to see what looked like an almost pale blue dog or puppy in what looked like a wig or head-dress. So whatever this Pokemon were, she had more than one going by her words.

And she was glad of the distraction, not really wanting to talk about what or who exactly was getting to her, boy troubles suddenly seemed secondary to being trapped in an unknown world. As she had just focused on eating, drinking, sleeping and little else since being shown to the shelter as she had no idea what had happened to her. It had felt not entirely real due to what she had seen on her first day here and the fact this place countered the reality of her home.

Reaching down to gently ruffle the area between this Glaceon creature's ears, she glanced up at Karen's question as her dad, sister's and stepmom's faces flashed through her mind and she replied "No it's just me, I think" then she shot a quick look at the other woman and added "I hope they send us home and soon, my friends need me"

Karen Page and Cynthia like this.
  10. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

[​IMG]
    Karen looked at Cynthia curiously. The way she described these Pokemon was unusual. The words used unorthodox. She could only conclude that Cynthia was some kind of trainer, maybe for a sport involving these animals. Like Polo or Horse Racing. But if Karen had been curious before, it was nothing to what she felt next.

"Oh, sh-!" Karen glanced to Amber, catching herself just in time. It had been so unexpected, she'd momentarily forgotten that she was in the presence of a lonely and troubled teen. Sure, she'd probably used language like that before, but Karen wasn't about to influence it -- not if she could help it anyway. ..."Shoot," she finished with a regretful look at the two of them. Her blue eyes were as wide as saucers, staring at the ball tied around Cynthia's belt. How could a dog fit inside there? That was impossible. Not to mention unethical. Karen supposed she should've reacted better; she had just been transported through a dark space portal to the very town she was now standing in. Things were not so far fetched anymore, and never what they appeared.

"How... How did you do that?" She asked, watching the dog -- who like Togekiss was brightly coloured and able to understand them better than most animals could. And just like Togekiss, this Pokemon seemed acutely aware of their emotions, and to Amber's in particular. Karen bent down to stroke the dog, smiling at it's affectionate and sweet nature. Her smile faded as the other two spoke. No way out. So... This was it? No explanation, no person to blame? Just there one minute, here the next.

Karen bit the inside of her lip, deep in thought. "Me too, kid," she said gently. Hitching her handbag a little further onto her shoulder, she asked, "so where are you staying? Do they have homes, people to look after you, or are you...?" She trailed off, not wanting to finish her question.

11. Cynthia

Cynthia Pokémon

Historian
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    While Amber mostly seemed pleased by Glaceon's presence, Karen was not taking the surprise well. It slowly dawned on Cynthia that the technology she took so for granted from her world were probably unusual to others. Yes, she knew that Pokémon were not very common among the other worlds represented in Pandora, but such a reaction was still a surprise.

She smiled gently to Karen and lifted Glaceon's pokéball. "It's alright," she said, soothingly "I simply let Glaceon out of her pokéball. These amazing devices allow pokémon to be turned into pure energy and stored inside. It's why we call them pokémon, it's short for pocket monsters."

Of course neither of her new acquaintances were happy to hear the explanation. "I know how you feel," she said, "I miss my grandmother terribly. If it is of any condolence, the people I have met here are very friendly. Not everyone, of course, but I know that there are always people willing to help those in need, such as at the shelter."

She turned to Amber and asked, "is that where you're staying? Or are you perhaps enrolled at the college in town?"

Amber and Karen Page like this.
  12. Amber

Amber The Tribe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Thankfully they hadn't probed into where she was from and she was kind of getting used to the presence of adults again. How does someone tell that type of story to people coming from places where they were lucky in that sense. Instead she patted the pokemon again and nodded, taking in what their owner was saying.

"I've been hanging out in this town since I got pulled here three days ago. The whole thing feels like I'm been sucked into a comic-book" the girl replied to both women's questions about where she had been staying.

It was the Pokemon owner's last question that made her frown thoughtfully, they had a school here? She hadn't been to one for a few months since civilization began to collapse in on itself and the evacuation of some of the younger generation.

#12 Amber, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  13. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    Karen took a closer look at the 'Pokéball' that Cynthia had just lifted up. Thankfully she'd immediately understood Karen's confusion and had enough patience to explain the mechanics. The explanation of these creatures only made Karen all the more curious however, and she absentmindedly ran a hand through her hair, studying the shiny orb with interest. It was a very welcome distraction from the pain, confusion and general disorientation she was currently facing. Cynthia was very kind, Karen realised, and smiled at the fellow blonde, grateful for her presence. She obviously took good care of her pocket monsters; Karen could see why they loved her so dearly.

"Thank you, Cynthia," Karen said sincerely. "Really. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know we'll find a way out of here eventually." She looked to Amber and smiled. "All of us. We'll find our way again." Karen peered over the top of Amber's head to see the very shelter Cynthia had mentioned. She laughed at Amber's analogy. "It is," she agreed. "This whole place... It's surreal."

"I think I may have to take a look at this shelter," Karen added, admitting defeat. With no where to go, and no prospects, a roof over her head and some food was the next best thing. If she ever wanted to get out of here, she'd have to keep herself healthy.

Cynthia and Amber like this.
  14. Cynthia

Cynthia Pokémon

Historian
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Cynthia returned Karen's smile without hesitation. It was always nice to encounter new friends, even if it wasn't under the best circumstances. She nodded at Amber's observations and added, "honestly, this is more bizarre than what happened involving Team Galactic. But that's a long story, I'm sure you have more important things to consider right now. As much as I love it, Misty Hollow is much more bizarre than here."

She nodded at Karen in appreciation and said, "I'm not worried about her- she's feistier now than most teenagers- but thank you." She was curious if her grandmother had been informed of her disappearance. After all, it wasn't too odd for her to simply get lost in her work and end up taking longer than usual to return to civilization.

Shaking that thought off, she smiled and said, "I can show you where it is. I may not live here, but I've taken the time to get used to the area. I'm sure you won't need it for very long. Soon you'll find where you fit best."

Karen Page and Amber like this.
  15. Amber

Amber The Tribe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    The blonde girl seemed thoughtful at Cynthia's reply - was this Team Galactic some kind of tribe? She pushed that question aside for now and nodded at Karen. At least they had the element of both being new here in common but her next comment was directed at Cynthia "What's Misty Hollow?"

Amber glanced back over her shoulder as Cynthia continued - she had just come from the shelter, having heard the other two women talking but didn't say anything., After all, the older woman had clearly been here longer so a guide was a good idea. And her thoughts flashed back to her earlier thought of wondering if they were serving new arrivals that macaroni cheese again.

16. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    Karen chuckled at that, remembering her own grandmother. "I think our grandmothers would get on," she mused, bizarrely imagining an older version of the lady in front of her. Despite her current predicament, despite feeling bewildered, lost and down right scared, Karen was comforted by the two people beside her. She'd always found it relatively easy to converse with strangers, especially after losing her family, but this was different and she wouldn't know what she would've done without them. Her heart still felt raw; she'd lost Matt, had no idea where Frank was, and had just watched Foggy disappear before her very eyes. She blinked back the sudden emotion in her eyes and instead focused on the shelter in front of them.

For a moment Karen considered making her own way there before quickly banishing the thought. "Thank you," she said gratefully to Cynthia, unknowingly taking the first steps into her new life. She wasn't even sure why she'd considered going alone; maybe she'd gotten too used to do everything by herself. Perhaps it was some misplaced pride that gave her the urge. Or maybe she was just scared she might hurt someone again. Or lose them like she'd lost everyone else.

"I'm Karen, by the way," she told the other two, realising she had yet to introduce herself. As they began to walk, Karen suddenly remembered something her fellow blonde had said, and it seemed the girl with the tribal paint had been thinking along the same lines as she asked the very question Karen had been considering. What was Misty Hollow?

Cynthia likes this.
  17. Cynthia

Cynthia Pokémon

Historian
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    It was nice to hear that Karen could relate to Cynthia's experience with her grandmother. Really, she'd probably be too busy keeping Celestic Town in order. Not that Cynthia minded that thought. There was no reason to worry, so it would be better for life to keep her attention away from what they wouldn't be able to know about Cynthia's fate.

With a nod and wave of the hand, she started leading the ladies towards the shelter. Togekiss took the opportunity to take to the skies and watch over his trainer from above, while Glaceon started weaving through Cynthia's legs. Cynthia walked without even seeming to notice what her eeveelution was doing, being so used to it that it didn't matter.

Instead, she focused on explaining her home. "It's another town," she said, "it's much smaller than this one. It's surrounded by a large barrier that keeps the more dangerous, supernatural presence away from those simply living there. I find it fascinating."

Karen Page likes this.