By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private A New Routine

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Makoto Niijima, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Police Officer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    March 25th, Year 108

@Yuuki Mishima

It felt weird being back at the gym she used to frequent so much before Winter, but she'd adjust to it again. Makoto did miss the quiet, uncrowded atmosphere it had, and working out in the garage just wasn't the same. It was a little too small and she always had to keep the door open so it didn't get overly hot. Here, there was consistent A/C and more than just dumb-bells and a punching bag to work with. Having a real pull-up bar again instead of a ceiling beam and a chair felt great, but one of the things she missed the most about the gym was having a partner with her.

There was something about hanging out with Yuuki and teaching him new things that made her feel more motivated in general, something that she'd been lacking for the last couple of months. Maybe because it gave her more of a reason to exercise beyond just keeping in shame. She wanted to help him get stronger, both physically and mentally, so if he ever got into a situation similar to Kamoshida again he wouldn't feel as powerless. Maybe he didn't quite need her help after his Palace collapsed and he gained a Persona, but he still wanted to be friends despite everything that had happened, and she was glad to keep up their routine if he genuinely enjoyed it.

Makoto had intended to step up her own training a little since she'd been slacking off for a while and felt out of shape, but now she had another reason to push herself further than before. 2B hadn't told her that she was weak or anything like that, but Makoto felt this weird need to get stronger. She wanted to impress her, and if that meant increasing her bench press weight limit as much as she could safely handle, then she was going to try it. Ten extra pounds on the bar was kind of daunting to start off with, but the weight sets here had a lot of safety measures, and after finishing her workout with the punching bag (she had asked Akihiko for tips in that area too), she started adjusting the barbell's load on the bench press station more than usual.

Yuuki Mishima likes this.
  2. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Freelance Programmer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yuuki hadn't quit the gym after he and Makoto had the falling out, but in total fairness, he had been severely injured and then recovering from that wound plus three times the amount of emotional ones had taken a toll on his energy levels. Added in with Shiho disappearing and Ren getting sick... It was all quite a bit to handle, but he wanted to return to the gym proper, instead of just running for an hour or so every other day.

Plus, it was nice to return to it with Makoto. It was something they bonded over, and something that would help them patch up the remaining wounds in their friendship.

He came back from the water fountain with a full bottle, watching her adjust the weight with a quiet interest. He'd heard scattered comments about Makoto's new police partner... Was her insistence on pushing herself harder part of that?
    "... Don't overdo it." He commented, a little wary. He didn't want her to hurt herself... "I'll spot you if you want."

Makoto Niijima likes this.
  3. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Police Officer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Makoto hadn't quite noticed Yuuki returning from getting more water until he was beside her again. She'd been trying to figure out how much she wanted to progress the weight per week to hit the goal she was aiming for. Consistently bench-pressing 150 lbs was the target for the next month or two.

"Hm?" She looked up from sliding the last of the extra weight onto the bar and secured it at the ends. "Right, I'll try not to. Just excited to get back to it. I haven't used the bench in a while." Makoto stood up and inspected the bar for a moment before thinking about Yuuki's offer. "Really? It's, um...120 pounds right now. You still want to spot me?"

4. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Freelance Programmer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    He hummed agreement. "I've been, um... Lifting too, for a bit. I think I can handle 120 if I'm careful."

He waited for her to set up and get ready, crouching near her head to make sure that he was in the proper position to catch anything if it fell on her. There was something nice to be said about doing this with Makoto again. He'd missed it quite a bit

5. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Police Officer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    "...Well if you think you can do it, then I won't say no to help," Makoto was surprised he was into strength building at all, but not in a bad way. She was almost proud that he'd moved onto exercises beyond sports drills and self defense. "I'm only going to try about 5 reps first," she explained as she got onto the bench. If she struggled with that, then she should probably take some weight off the bar. "Did you have your own goal weight you're trying to hit?" Makoto lifted the bar off the rack and began the short set, her eyes unfocused as she tried to keep a steady rhythm while breathing correctly.

6. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Freelance Programmer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Did he have his own goal weight? The answer was gay and slightly amusing so he shrugged, a flush suffusing his cheeks as she went through the reps. "I... Um, not really. I mean a goal a while ago was 'can I lift Ren' but I overshot that by mile because he weighs like, nothing, so now it's mostly just 'lift more than last time'."

7. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Police Officer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    That sounded like Ren alright, though she didn't expect Yuuki to be interested in lifting people. Was this his romantic side? She'd really only seen the very jealous, overprotective part for the last couple months so this was somewhat new.

"Yeah, he looks heavier than he actually is, doesn't he?" Makoto said, after making sure she set the bar down safely. Ren had some more muscle back when they were doing Mementos trips more regularly back in Tokyo. "He'll probably bulk up again soon, if he wants to. I dont even think I could pull off that sort of goal with my, uh..." It still felt weird saying the word, but that was the truth, wasn't it? She sat up and refocused on securing five more pounds to the bar. "...girlfriend." Makoto trailed off. Why did that even make her blush at all? Relationships were normal.

Yuuki Mishima likes this.
  8. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Freelance Programmer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yeah, I'll say." He sat back once she was safely settled without the bar over her face, running fingers through his hair, with the soft blush still tinting his cheeks. "He looks like he should be a lot heavier than... What, like 55kg? Especially because he's like... So tall..."
    ... Did he have a type, and was it way too obvious? Tall guys, Yuuki was finding, just... Made him feel safer. They could hide him really easily, and usually were pretty nice. Maybe it was the same for girls too, but he wasn't sure yet. He bit at his lip, before Makoto mentioned her own girlfriend, and he felt himself perk up.

"Right, you've got a girl now... What's she like? I don't think I've ever met her."

9. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Police Officer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    "W-well it's only been a couple of weeks since we started going out together," she finished fixing the weights and sat down on the bench, thinking about that somewhat awkward first "date" that turned into a crime scene. That was the kind of luck Makoto was used to, but it somehow ended with her getting an actual date out of the incident.

"2B works at the police station with me, that's how we met. We're actually partnered up. She's..." It was hard to find the perfect words to summarize her. "Really bold and honest. Not like in a flashy way, but she's straightforward. There's no need to guess what she means when she says things. It's kind of relaxing, not having to overthink every interaction with her. I'm so used to worrying about other people judging me, and I want to be confident like that."