HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open A Skeleton Christmas

Discussion in 'River Street' started by Sans, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Amidst the discussions and seeming hazards of a lack of eggnog, it might take a moment, but, perhaps abruptly, the people at the party might become aware that there was a presence among them who hadn't seemed to be mere moments before. One of the tables that wasn't laden with food was now the seat of a rather ragged-looking fellow, sitting cross-legged in the middle of it, and just watching what was going on. At this exact moment, though, he was staring after the rapidly exiting Papyrus, with an expression of obvious confusion on his face.

"Should I have brought something?" he suddenly asked, looking over at the other people. "I couldn't see any answers for that."

2. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout: New Vegas

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Papyrus's explanation of Santa Claus was new to Arcade. Actually, he hadn't really looked into the mythology surrounding Christmas at all. As far as he knew, it was simply a time where people got together and exchanged gifts.

"Ah... there's not actually someone watching us at all times, is there?" he asked, a bit bewildered. Given the world he was in, he wouldn't have been surprised to hear that was the case. He'd be creeped out, but not surprised.

Feeling slightly wrongfooted, Arcade glanced around the party, noticing that he knew only one other person, and he had only met Sweeney once when he was first dropped into Pandora, so they weren't all that close. Next thing he knew, someone with some confusing powers offered him a present.

Multiple questions flitted through his mind as he watched the other guest move in a way he had never seen before, accepting the present with a quiet, "thank you." Before getting to that, he probably had to get out of the doorway.

Looking down at Eve, he shrugged and gently urged her further into the party so that they weren't blocking the door or anything. Not long after Papyrus made his dramatic exit, Cole spoke up, surprising Arcade for a number of reasons.

"Cole?" he asked, "when did you get here? And why are you always sitting on tables?" He wasn't unhappy to see the strange kid again, but he was confused. Maybe tables were more comfortable to him than chairs?

#22 Arcade Gannon, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Yang Xiao Long, Sans and Cole like this.
  3. Sans

Sans Undertale
    i'm just joking with you.

pungeon master
    Race:
    skeleton
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Sans took notice of the look Qrow gave him and responded with a carefree shrug. His comment regarding the circumstances in which Sans usually met people wasn't entirely wrong either, now that he thought about it... although it was more like this particular bunch of people all happened to meet him like that

"seems like it. hard to tell if i'm lucky or unlucky." He joked, then looked at Cheryl once she objected and responded with another playful shrug. At this point, Yang began humurously asking Qrow for details regarding their first meeting. "seems like you have some storytelling to do.

More people began showing up, one of which Sans recognized as the guy from who he stole a phone once. Apparently he was friends with Papyrus and had a daughter. Well, that was awkward, to say the least, but it wasn't like anyone else was gonna know about it. He decided to leave those two for Papyrus to deal with since he looked to be closer with them.

Finally, Sweeney showed up. Sans was starting to wonder if the leprechaun was gonna skip on the party since it was for a holiday he really didn't care for, but it looked like he just took his sweet time to get there.

"happy what now?" Sans asked in a joking manner, clearly just having some fun with how Sweeney had to be the one to go against the Christmas theme, as he actually knew what a winter solstice was thanks to his interest in astronomy. "was starting to think you weren't gonna show up." He shook his hand, only half-serious in his words.

It would have been pretty funny if Sweeney ended up not appearing, just because of Qrow might have reacted to it. It sure would have been very unfortunate if the one person capable of somewhat mitigating his bad luck didn't show up... not that Sans was sure if Sweeney being around was really going to counter his bad luck, he just said it to convince Qrow to come over. It was time to see how things were gonna play out from there onwards.

Papyrus ended up bolting out of the party to go get some of that eggnog Sweeney wanted, preteding to have everything in order while he made a run for the nearest supermarket.

"he totally forgot about it." Sans told Sweeney, making no attempt to hide the truth. "that's papyrus for ya, he just can't help but try to please everybody." He then glanced at the pile of presents he had prepared for the party and then back at Sweeney. "welp, guess i gotta hold the fort for a while. i'm gonna get some presents, so make yourself at home and talk to people, or try to." He threw one last jab at the leprechaun before starting to walk away.

While he was going to get some of the presents he had gotten to the people he had invited, Sans briefly took notice of a new arrival that just appeared out of nowhere without him noticing. He briefly stopped, confused as to how that weird guy had slipped by unnoticed by him, but it looked like he was friends with Papyrus' friend, so he didn't think much about it and just resumed what he was doing.

4. Heather Mason

Heather Mason Silent Hill

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather raised an eyebrow when she heard Papyrus accusing Toby of trying to take over the world. That was so weird. Who would ever expect a dog to be controlling anything? It brought a small smile to her face, watching his antics.

She idly nibbled on a cookie as she watched more people filter in. It looked like a father and daughter duo appeared. They seemed to be actually related, which seemed lucky to her. She hadn't seen a single person from her world, much less anyone she was close to.

Though, that was a pretty small number. No, no, don't think about him again. She needed a second to breathe, not letting herself get morose over her father again. It was a happy day, a celebration. Thinking about his dead body wasn't going to help anyone.

A somewhat familiar voice snapped her out of that. Heather looked up and recognized one of her professors at the party. She blinked a few times, surprised to see Sweeney outside of the schola, and followed Sans over to the presents.

"You're friends with one of my professors?" she asked under her breath once she felt like she wouldn't be too badly overheard. It was still a party full of people, but she could still try to interrogate the skeleton.

Sans, Cole and Yang Xiao Long like this.
  5. Yang Xiao Long

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Apparently monster food was delicious. She was on her way to grabbing another cookie when a hand appeared with a gift in its hand. Oh it was from the weird stretchy guy. How cute! "Thanks!" She said, grabbing it from his hand. She was beginning to open it when she caught the tale end of Papyrus bolting out the door, new people and...

"Was that guy on the table a moment ago?" Yang asked Uncle Qrow.

Yeah this was turning out to be a strange party after all. At least people were keeping it interesting.

Looking at the elastic man, Yang commented, "So how do I learn to do that? I bet it took a lot of morning stretches to get kind of ability."

6. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I followed you here," Cole replied to Arcade, tilting his head to one side. "Well...I saw that you were coming here and came to see. I thought there might be people that I could help. And there are! There are lots of pains here. Loneliness and shock and fear, worry for loved ones..."

Cole glanced around the room, head tilted to one side. "I could do a lot of helping here."

Sans, Qrow Branwen and Heather Mason like this.
  7. Qrow Branwen

Gatekeeper at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

"You'll have to tell me about this bear story, I couldn't bear to not hear about it." Qrow gave Yang's shoulder a small shove accompanied with a teasing glare. "You're just as dumb as your father." God, how he missed Tai. "Seems like you have some storytelling to do." Oh, storytelling was one of Qrow's fortes. Qrow smiled at Sans as they disbanded, following his niece to the snack table as two more guests arrived and were greeted.

"It wasn't exactly a bear. Looked kind of like an Ursa, except not a Grimm. Must have been starving, to wanna attack a sack of bones like Sans." He explained carelessly. It really wasn't a big deal, the beast was slain in the blink of an eye. He smiled at Yang's excitement to the cookies. "Do you think its as good as food for humans?"

"Dunno. Never tried monster food." He smirked. Usually putting the word 'monster' in front of anything made it better, like it did with drinks and trucks. Qrow hung out with Yang until another guest arrived, one who he recognized. The tall redhead was a professor at Schola Praeditos whom Qrow had seen on the Island on rare occasion. "Happy Winter Solstice, Sans." The man probably wouldn't recognize Qrow. He was only a part-time gatekeeper, after all. As he eyed Sans greet the tall professor, Qrow suddenly wondered if he was the leprechaun Sans had told him about back in November. What a small world.

Qrow's internal and ever-brewing concerns dulled at that moment, and he smiled to himself, a smile which turned into a knowing smirk as he caught sight of the whiskey in the man's hand. "So where's the eggnog?" And on the hunt for more alcohol as well? Qrow liked the Irishman already.

The huntsman chuckled lowly as Papyrus ran off to fetch what he supposed would be child-friendly eggnog, and as his red gaze swept the room in pursuit of the skeleton, he noticed Cole on another table. This party was just full of surprises, wasn't it?

The blonde gentleman began speaking with Cole, and Qrow glanced over to notice that Sans didn't recognize the boy. The kid was a good person, even though he was a bit odd and very talented with invading one's personal privacy. "Was that guy on the table a moment ago?" Yang asked. "Yyyyep." He drawled before taking a drink from his steel flask. "He's not a bad guy." He commented afterwards, in both senses of the phrase. "Interesting to talk to, I'll tell you that right now."

He twisted the cap back on the flask and pocketed it, nodding covertly over to Mr. Sweeney. "That's one of the professors at the school I mentioned earlier. You should talk to him sometime today, you know? See if he can answer any questions you might have about it." He suggested to Yang, interested in helping her find a home again like she had at Beacon, maybe meet some more talented kids her age.

@Yang Xiao Long
    @Mad Sweeney

#27 Qrow Branwen, Jan 18, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018 at 11:26 PM
    Arcade Gannon likes this.
  8. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout: New Vegas

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well, if you follow me somewhere more comfortable than out in the snow, I really can't complain," Arcade replied to Cole, you could have told me you wanted to come along, though." When Cole revealed what he planned to do, however, his expression became slightly pinched.

"No, Cole, I don't..." he muttered, "I think everyone here is hoping to have a relaxing time where they can simply enjoy being around friends and family. I think, well, helping them might make things a little uncomfortable."