By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

A warm hearth

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Roy Mustang, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang Fullmetal Alchemist

Race:
    Human
    Date- October 5th, year 7 very early in the morning
    Tags- @Riza Hawkeye

He'd had a quiet night, the only bit of activity having been when Riza dropped her dog off with him as he'd been cooking his dinner, he'd turned the power off yet still his pasta had boiled over. He had not minded all that much though because it had meant he had gotten to see Riza right before she went out for a night of fun with friends. He'd felt a little lonely then, wishing for Havoc or Hughes but he was pleased Riza had some girlfriends to hang out with she'd spent far to much of her life in male company after all. He wasn't expecting her to return until the following morning when she'd agreed she would be picking the dog up when she met him for a shared breakfast somewhere. So he'd settled Hayate with some food in a bowl before putting a blanket near the fire for the dog to sleep on.

From then on his evening had been reasonably peaceful, even taking the dog to an assigned area outside his apartment to do his business had been pretty uneventful. He'd settled in an armchair by the fire with a book called 'To kill a mockingbird' since he'd decided to catch up on the reading culture of those not from his home. But the atmosphere was so quiet and so peaceful that he fell asleep in the chair, in his white pyjama top and dark blue lounger pant, the dog at his feet. He was startled out of his sleep some hours later, the fire dying in the hearth as someone knocked on his door and immediately Hayate started barking, something Riza would not want him to do. Yet in his bleary state he did not have the heart to scold the dog, instead he hauled himself to his feet wondering who an earth was knocking his door at this hour of the night because it had to be something like 3am.

Abandoning the book he had been reading where it had dropped when he had fallen asleep he ambled towards the door where the dog was already sat, now quietly waiting for him to open the door. Rubbing at his eyes one last time, not caring how rumpled he looked or how his dark hair was sticking up in all directions, he opened the door a crack to peer outside, his dark gaze fixed on his visitor before widening slightly as he pulled the door the whole way open saying"Hawkeye? What are you doing here?"

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  2. Riza Hawkeye

Riza Hawkeye Fullmetal Alchemist

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The night had actually, despite the earlier drama, been a good one. Drinking, talking, laughing with the other ladies, some shared stories and even a little singing, which she knew her sober self was probably going to be very glad hadn't been recorded for posterity- she thought- had proven to be cathartic. She'd done this with Rebecca on the occasions they had time but that hadn't been for awhile before coming to Pandora and with setting up things in Morhall it was somewhat sorely needed.

By the time the evening had ended- or the early morning it had, either way- Riza had gone from slightly drunk to very tipsy on the trip home. Back to work- no, back to home, more like. Her rocky apartment, in a mountain, with Hayate nearby and Mustang down the hall.. No, wait. She'd left Hayate at Mustang's place so he'd have company- and a little so she knew they'd be looking after each other. She didn't so much feel guilty for going, not at all- time away was good for people. But still, she had missed Mustang a little nonetheless. Especially when the topic of their date the other night had come up in her conversation with Wanda and Naomi.

So why not see him now? Technically, she'd said morning and it was actually morning, her less inhibited portion of her mind told her, and besides, he had her dog, so it wasn't like she didn't have twice as many excuses to go. It wasn't as if he hadn't randomly called her drunk before in the past; turnabout was fair play. And honestly, as much as these very superficial reasons satisfied the bit of her rational mind that remained, it wasn't all of the reason anyway. She felt pleasant and happy, and now that she could see him when her heart twinged to, she could, couldn't she? Like Wanda always said, times changed here fast. Better to follow your bliss a little.

So, without stumbling, she'd gone to his door and knocked on it, and when she heard Hayate bark she cocked her head, half-amused and half-annoyed, though with her good spirits the first one won out and she laughed quietly under her breath, and was still smiling when he opened the door. Immediately she looked past him a little at Hayate and smirked. "Oh, you know who lets you get away with murder, don't you?" she teased, then looked at Roy and flushed, waving. "I'm back home.... Wait did I wake you up?" Ooops! But even still she didn't feel very guilty. "I just wanted to say goodnight."

Roy Mustang likes this.
  3. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    Upon opening the door he caught her half amused smile and the small laugh, noting how her gaze seemed to go past him to the dog sat nicely beyond him as she teased both him and the dog. His dark gaze eyed her a little confused, but amusement was climbing past his half awake features. Then she was looking to him, a flush colouring her face as she waved at him before she spoke and then she was noting his rumpled state asking if she'd woken him up. She seemed to be acting slightly odd and though she was seemingly standing so well he did notice the tiniest amount of off balancedness about her which suggest she was not entirely sober.

He could feel a want to look after her, to protect her from everything entering his gut but then her next words hit him and he knew then she was definitely not sober, Riza would of chosen to phrase her last words differently if she was sober, a warmth climbed through him at the thoughts of what her wishing him goodnight could mean. Hastily he shoved those thoughts aside, his face now flushing with colour as he responded after clearing his throat"Uh, no... I wasn't sleeping... Well I was... But I wasn't in bed so it wasn't proper sleeping... It was more falling asleep like an old person in front the fire type sleep... So really it is good you woke me..."

He was rambling and he knew it, so slowly he made himself stop talking before looking at the dog at his feet, then looking at Riza as he spoke"I assume this means you want Hayate back now? You should come in and stop standing in the cold corridor... While I get his things back in the bag you brought here with him..." With that he stepped aside to let her in before closing the door behind her and ambled towards the blankets in front the fire to collect the dog toys the dog had left there.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  4. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    It occurred to her, in a brief flash of insight, that it was very likely- and most likely absolutely positive- that Mustang had never seen her with anything more than a drink or maybe two in her system- three if it was insisted on for appearances, and those pretty heavily watered. She'd never enjoyed the feeling or idea of trying to be both drunk and overly serious at the same time and with Mustang it was important to watch his back- something she would never have trusted to a drunk person, even herself. No wonder he looked so bemused.

Of course that was washed away as she watched him grow flustered, and it occurred to her in another flash of insight a half second after the first one that, sober, she would have been a little concerned by that. Her first thought would have been wondering if something had happened to him or in general, the second wondering if something had changed in some new and horrible way, and the last one- and most secret of all- would have been wondering what she'd interrupted, knowing it was none of her business to wonder at all. Now, though, with the good spirits in her (alcohol and metaphorical) and her trust in him, she could see it in a new light- she'd surprised him, like he always seemed to surprise her. It was a fantastic feeling, giddy and light.

"Well at least I saved you a crick in the neck," she joked back, a sympathetic look crossing her face all the same. "I'm sorry I bothered you though. I didn't know if Hayate had kept you awake, so I thought you might like to sleep in peace." As he stepped aside she walked in after him, not really thinking about the way it might seem otherwise- and the part of her that did couldn't be bothered to give a damn anyway. As she passed Hayate she leaned down and scratched behind his ears gently, then followed Mustang in the direction of the fireplace. Even with his hair mussed, in sleepwear, he was very handsome.

On a whim she hurried her steps a little and caught up to him- the few steps that was- and moved to his side, wrapping an arm around behind his back to hug him affectionately. She was just so glad to have him, and that he'd been nice enough to watch Hayate for her, that this seemed like the most natural expression of it. And why not?

Roy Mustang likes this.
  5. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    He had smiled at her joke about hurting his neck, resisting the urge to joke about becoming an old man and instead continued on his path towards the blankets after he had shut the door. He could hear Riza speaking, she was apologising for disturbing him again and making excuses, his dark gaze had flicked to her as she had spoken noting how she affectionately rubbed the dog behind his ears as he responded"Its no worries Hawkeye.. Like I said, its probably good I woke up else I might of spent the whole night asleep in the armchair rather than an actual bed.." He had turned away while he was speaking, idly waving a hand towards the armchair he had just vacated as he mentioned it and then he was picking up dog toys. One, two, three and then he heard movement behind him, he straightened, looking around in confusion only to find Riza at his side. At first he thought that the slightly tipsy Riza intended to attempt to help him gather Hayate's things but then an arm was snaking towards him and pulling him into a lopsided hug.

His eyebrows rose a fraction with surprise and his mouth formed a small 'o' shape for a moment, but then he relaxed slightly while asking with hesitant bemusement"A hug? To what do I owe this honor?" He tossed the dog toys onto his chair to free up his hands before wrapping an arm around Riza in return, pulling her closer to him in a one armed hug as he spoke"Like the kissing we should do this more often, for such a stoic young lady you are actually one of the nicer huggers..." He was teasing her, a dancing light in his dark, brown gaze as he twisted to face her fully so he could wrap both arms around her in a warm enveloping hug. He let the moment last a moment, before gently squeezing her and saying"Ok I should continue clearing up after your dog so you can get home into bed.." He flashed her a small smile, raising one hand to gently push her fringe from her eyes noting how even when tipsy she was such an alluring creature to him.

#5 Roy Mustang, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  6. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    This honor? Any other time she might have had a more pert response to that, considering everything, but now she was far, far too concerned with the fact that she was hugging him. It was a wonderful feeling, his warmth and the smell of him nearby, the soft fabric of his shirt, and even if he'd stiffened in surprise for a moment he returned it a moment later- which was great, really great! Still, she recollected he'd asked a question, and with a happy sigh she smiled and looked up at him to answer with utter sincerity. "Thank you for watching Black Hayate. It was really nice to get out of the mountain for a little while, and I'm very grateful for the chance."

When he mentioned doing this more often, and that she was a good hugger, she could only hum in agreement as she shifted to rest her head on his shoulder, arms wrapping around his back to hug him more tightly for a moment. "Must be a talent," she joked, closing her eyes for a moment and letting herself just float in the moment. "You're not too shabby yourself." And she looked up and for a brief moment her smile was half-crooked, have mischievous in answer.

The caress on her head she leaned into, even as his words slowly sank in. He was right, she knew that with all of the utter, practical rationality in her. They both needed some sleep, there was always more work to do and it every moment of rest was precious when you knew the mountains of things to get done. Coffee could only go so far. But even still a flash of sadness crossed her features along with the acceptance and she nodded in understanding, raising a hand to stroke his cheek. "Right. Early day tomorrow." And she started to step back, toward the chair, to gather the toys that had been dropped there.

Roy Mustang likes this.
  7. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    The way she looked at him, the way she held him, the way she responded to his words with so much truth, so much happiness warmed his heart and made him only want to hold her closer. He needn't have worried because her arms were wrapping tightly around him, pulling him closer and he felt a warmth running through her at this show of affection from Riza. Her head was on his shoulder now and he could not help the hug he gave her, not the fact he was losing himself in her sweet scent.

Even as she responded to his teasing earning an amused chuckle from him he could feel her head shifting as she looked up at him with that mischievous smile and he returned her smile, unable to help himself from feeling the light she brought too his life. It was because he was looking directly into her face, his hand still gently shifting her fringe from her eyes that he caught it, the sadness in her eyes at his words about getting her home, it caused his warm bubble to burst and he began to hunt for words to say that could fix it when her hand was on his face, gently stroking his cheek.

In that moment all words went from his mind as she spoke softly and started too move away, the warmth going with her. Even before he realised what he was doing he was reaching out, catching her arm saying "Riza, I... You don't have to go... I.. You could stay here tonight, you do so much taking care of me... Let me take care of you after all you will likely not be feeling amazing in the morning..."

His dark, brown gaze was fixed on her face searching her eyes and making her see he meant those words. He wanted too look after her, he wanted to make sure she was alright and he wanted to be there for her even when she was at her worst, like dying from a hangover. His mouth was moving again now, his voice soft "Please... Let me look after you..."

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  8. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Even though she was surprised by his hand on her arm she was glad of it and turned toward him, cocking her head slightly in confusion as she looked up at him. There was something almost pensive in his expression, she could read that even with this much alcohol in her system, and something warmer too- care and concern, affection, those things she returned very easily. For now, though, all she felt was a sort of giddy thrill at his words. He wanted her to stay here, close by, and look after her. That was... Sweet. New too. He'd never done that before- well, not in a situation like this. She couldn't say 'never', not after Ishval, then after the alien abduction- but this was different. Not medical, not necessary, but kind and good and softly sweet.

He was right too. Even if she'd tried to remember to drink water and juice with her alcohol she could already feel the back of her throat starting to prickle with dryness. And she'd do the same thing for him, if he ever came home in such a state; this was what they were to each other now. Her heart welled with affection and love for him, and she nodded her agreement quickly before the speed of that affirmation caught up with her and she flushed a bit. Even still, she smiled and stepped closer to him again and took his hand. "Alright, I agree. I'll try to be a good patient if it comes down to that," she agreed with a note of humor in her tone, then leaned up on impulse and kissed his cheek.

Hayate, for his part, had gone back to the bed that Mustang had set up for him, as though he'd known this would be the end result all along. After all he was a very smart dog.

Roy Mustang likes this.
  9. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    She had turned to face him when he had caught her arm and his grip softened further, until he knew she was definitely taking in his words at which point his grip on her arm fell away completely. He didn't want the warmth to go, he didn't want her to be sad and more than anything he wanted to be there for her, to look after her. He could almost feel her gaze roaming his face as he fell silent, but then he did not have to wait long as she nodded an affirmative to his question and a sudden joy washed through him, filling him with an altogether new kind of warmth, a warmth that made him happy, a warmth brought on by her trust in him.

He noted the flush that engulfed her face and he realised that asking a lady to stay like this at the best of times might appear improper but then he planned only to take care of her, nothing more. His thoughts were drawn away from her blush to her smile as she stepped towards him, her hand sliding into his and the connection of their hands was another flame of warmth whipping through them. He smiled down at her though the smile gained a surprise edge as on impulse she was kissing his cheek before the bemused expression was back as he responded"We'll soon know who is the worse patient... Miss Hawkeye. You or I.." Then giving her hand a squeeze he went on"I suppose I'd best start by finding you something to wear because you can't sleep in those clothes, it wouldn't be comfortable for you..."

He considered her face a moment, his hand coming up and gently easing her fringe from her eyes once again. A moment later he was stepping away towards his bedroom, noting as he did so that the dog was back among the blankets, a small sound of amusement escaped him as he spoke up"Looks like your beast knows us better than we know ourselves..." Then he was pushing the bedroom door open and moving towards his draws, finding another pair of loungers and a plain red t-shirt both would be a little large on Riza but they'd be more comfortable than what she was currently wearing.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  10. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    He liked her answer, Riza could tell that much, and as he clasped her hand briefly she reveled in it a little, gently squeezing his fingers between her own. They were nice hands, comfortable, slightly calloused by not hard or harsh from it, strong too. It made her heart beat a little harder to have that contact, little as it was. Maybe it was the alcohol but she could have sworn she could still feel his skin on her lips too, and that was very nice as well. It was all nice now, even if it was a little fuzzy and her smile was warm, relaxed and nearly beatific as she gazed at him.

As he brushed her hair back she blushed a bit brighter and sighed happily, then felt his hand slide away and watched him walk toward his room, saying something about her changing into something more comfortable. If Wanda had heard that no doubt she'd have some kind of clever remark for it- and Riza too, if she were hearing it directed at anyone else. Instead all she felt was gratefulness at his looking after her. So she watched him walk into the other room, and glanced at Hayate as Roy brought him up. "He's always been smarter than everyone thinks," she replied warmly, then looked back over at the other room.

He was so handsome, and he cared about her, and for her. Before she quite realized it she followed him into the room and as his back was to her, pulling out clothes, she walked closer and hugged him from behind. "Hello again Roy," she said with a bit of a laugh, leaning her cheek against his back. "By the way I am the best patient. I forgot to say that because I was distracted but at least now you know."

Roy Mustang likes this.
  11. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    He'd noticed the way she gazed at his face, then at their entwined hands, he'd more obviously noticed the flush darkening as he had brushed her fringe gently from her face causing his own body to flush with a warm heat, he could feel it on the back of his neck. So though he was sad to release her hand, to be an adult seeking out a change of clothes for her he was also a little relieved as it meant he had room to breathe, to push that odd embarrassed yet sickly, loving feeling deep inside or him and only let the happiness or the love flow through his veins. He was so engrossed in grabbing her clothes that he didn't hear her follow after him, even though in her current state she was not entirely stealthy, so when arms came around him he startled, once again stiffening before relaxing into her hug an amused chuckle escaping him.

He could feel her gently resting her face against his back through the white t-shirt he wore and it made him gain a soft smile on his usually brooding face even as he heard her go on beyond the greeting, mentioning that she was the best patient, which again had him chuckling. Gently he held the clothes he'd chosen for her in one hand while his other hand eased over her hands and arm in a gentle, soothing rubbing motion while saying"I never knew alcohol made you this huggy, it's nice..." Before he responded to her earlier words"As for being a better patient... Only time will tell..." Then for a moment he leaned into her hug, allowing it to wrap him in a loving warmth but after a short while he knew he couldn't over indulge, it was late and Riza needed sleep, so gently he eased her hands off him, turning to face her he spoke"Here, as much as I love the hugs.. You probably need to get some sleep, so here are some more comfortable clothes, they may be a bit big on you but at least you'll be able to sleep in them..."

He pressed the clothes into her hands as he went on "I'll leave you to get changed while I get some water for you, I'll knock before I enter again..." He flashed her a warm smile before leaving her, closing the door behind him and before he got Riza's water he checked that Hayate had water to drink overnight while wondering if it was appropriate to have Riza sleeping in his bed, he began wondering if he should sleep on the couch as he did not want to put Hawkeye in a compromising situation. As he got to wondering that he was now filling up a flask of water ready for the morning as well as getting a large glass of water for Riza now. Tucking the flask under his arm and holding the glass in his hand he moved back towards his bedroom, knocking on the door with his free hand while calling through the door"Riza? Are you decent? Can I come in yet?"

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  12. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Roy was warm and his shirt was soft so she rubbed his cheek against it for a moment and inhaled deeply, feeling entirely contented and happy and fuzzily warm all over. This was nice, he was right. Maybe she should do this drinking and hugging thing more often- or just the hugging. Was that overstepping anything? She'd spent years trying to think of everything as 'proper' or not and the freedom from that was almost deliriously lovely in itself. His hand on her back was nice too and she smiled wider, glancing up at him with fondness. He looked happy too, for now, and not tired or strained or stern. Was that how much he liked this? This hugging thing would definitely have to continue more, if it made Mustang happy too!

As he eased her hands back she gave him a briefly confused, slightly abashed look- she had overstepped after all- and then looked at the clothes as she registered his words. He was right, sleeping in stuff like this was doable- and she'd slept in worse during the war- but it wasn't great. The shirt and pants he was handing her looked much more cozy and, though she would never admit it, the idea of wearing them was appealing. They'd smell like his soap. Could she really ask for anyone better to look after her than him? "Oh, alright. Thank you," she told him, not hugging him again despite her whim to, and watched as he walked out the door.

It didn't take long to change and even drunk she couldn't just leave clothes on the floor, so she hung them over the back of a chair neatly to air out for the next day. She felt warm, and the fabric was soft, and for a moment she brushed her nose against the sleeve. Just like his shirt, perfect. The knock at the door drew her attention that direction again and she pulled her hair out of the back of the shirt. "Yes, come in," she told him moving her boots to the floor beneath the chair as well.

Roy Mustang likes this.
  13. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    Even as he stood outside his bedroom door he suddenly felt oddly nervous, he had felt so warm and happy around Riza, her hugs filled him with a sense of home but he was worried that this situation was a little unseemly. He remained paused outside the door a moment, straining to hear even as his dark gaze found Hayate curled up on the blankets watching him in silence as quietly his tail wagged. He couldn't help flashing the dog a small smile, he truly was an intelligent beast who knew oh so well what was going on around him. But then he heard her answering call and gently pushed the door open, swiftly entering the room, his gaze found Riza immediately. He had to prevent himself from pausing to look at her, for she did look so soft, so warm, so cuddly in his clothes and yet he had to behave modestly, plus he had water in his hand. Carefully he put the glass and the flask on the bedside table saying"Those clothes certainly look much more comfortable for sleeping in... And you still manage to look beautiful, even in my clothing.."

Straightening he smiled at her, noting as he looked at her that beyond her she'd set her clothes out neatly, it seemed military organisation still managed to strike her just as it struck him, even when drunk. Casually he extended a hand, beckoning her to him as he pulled back the covers of his bed one handed, he went on casually"I put water beside the bed for you look...." He now pointed with his free hand towards the glass of water and the flask beside it before continuing in a soft, caring tone "And I will have painkillers ready for you if you need them upon waking up..." In his mind he was thinking of getting her settled into his bed then heading to the couch to set up his own bed for the rest of the night, not wanting to do anything deemed improper or that would upset Riza when she was in a more sober state. So he indicated the bed to her now saying"You can sleep here, I suggest you get beneath the covers before you get cold..."

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  14. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    When he came in with the water she watched him fondly, head tilted slightly to take him in, nodding in agreement at the comfort of this, and then blushing brightly at his compliment. Looking down at herself it was difficult for her to see what beauty lay in this simple thing but he sounded so sincere. Maybe alcohol just did something for her skin or her smile, or maybe it was just that she wasn't frowning as much right now. Either way she hoped that this wasn't going to have to be a mandatory criteria for him finding her beautiful either. Being drunk was fun, but not when it was done often.

Glancing up she noticed that he'd moved by the bed and was gesturing for her while he pulled back the covers, which did nothing for her blush- but she went anyway, smiling. She had nothing to worry about, she knew that- otherwise it would be weird when she'd done this for Mustang on his less sober evenings, and that wasn't the case at all. True, they hadn't been in the same position then- it was expected that everything was professional or platonic, but she saw no reason for that to change anything. It only meant that maybe, just maybe, she'd convince him to keep her company. Nothing more than that.

When he indicated that she should sleep here though she gaped and started to protest, shaking her head. "I can sleep on a couch just fine, and I don't want to take this from you," she told him sincerely, looking back out toward the living room. "You slept out there enough tonight, you told me so at the door."

Roy Mustang likes this.
  15. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    She was at his side now, both of them looking at the bed and Roy realising how easy it currently was to make her flush, but with each flush came the wonder of whether he was doing the right thing and that in turn made him flush a little more as well. But despite this he knew it was too late to back down now, she was already in his clothes and he was already trying to get her into hid bed so she could sleep. He told himself that there was nothing improper about that, all she was going to do was sleep, he wasn't going to try anything, all he was going to do was look after her.

But then he was brought out of his uncertainty as Riza who had been meek and mild until this point protested to taking his bed. He turned to look at her as she went on, noting that she was now gazing towards the living room and his hand gently extended to clasp hers as he spoke"Riza, you've been drinking... Trust me when you wake up you will want to be in a proper bed, not a lumpy couch... For one night I can manage on it..." His voice was soft but firm and gently he guided her to the edge of the bed, before he went on"Besides it would be unseemly of me to make a guest sleep on my couch, the guest should always have the best bed..."

He flashed her a bemused but tired smile as he said this before softly finishing"Please Riza... You promised to let me take care of you and this is me taking care of you... Please just take the bed... It will be better for you when you wake up if you do... " Gently he tried to encourage her to sit on the edge of the bed, by sitting on the edge himself and pulling her down with him by their joined hands. Only he sat on the blankets he'd folded back where as he had pulled her down onto the mattress where the blankets had been pulled back from, his hope was that by sitting her there it would be easier to shift her beneath the covers when the time came for it.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  16. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    She knew she'd been drinking, she had been there, and she wanted to point that out, but she was distracted by his hand in hers, fingers entwined again and she gave simply gave him a skeptical look instead. He was being the gentleman he always was, which was very hard to fault him for, especially when he had that look on his face, adoration and affection combined in his eyes. Drunk or not she knew when he was being simply polite and when he was being sincere- and when that sincerity was important to accept. This mattered to him, being able to do right by her. She loved that about him, as much as she felt the same for him as a whole.

As he nudged her toward the bed she almost stumbled his feet but ended up sitting on the edge where he wanted anyway, a chuckle leaving her throat as she shook her head. "Why are you always so stubborn, Mustang? Besides, I'm not your guest, I'm your partner, remember? I bet those are completely different rules in the etiquette book. Trust me, I read a lot of them," she joked, looking over at him where he sat next to her and leaning over onto his shoulder. This was better. "Alright. Maybe the bed is the better option. This is comfortable."

Her hand in his was warm and cozy and she squeezed it gently before bringing her free hand to her mouth to cover her yawn, then reached for the glass of water he'd set out for her and took a drink. It wasn't quite as good as brushing her teeth but it was certainly better than nothing, and it soothed her dry mouth and throat as well. After taking a few drinks she offered him the cup, just in case he was thirsty as well, and smiled up at him. "You look very handsome from this angle. Did you know that?"

17. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    His ply had worked, she was now sat on the edge of the bed beside him, where he'd wanted to get her so she'd be easier to get comfortable when sleep came. But she was shaking her head at him, golden hair cascading everywhere from where it was now loose as she called him stubborn and mentioned she was his partner not his guest, which made the soft smile he'd had upon his face change to one of bemusement as he let out a chuckle as he responded"Aha, that's me.... Stubborn Colonel Mustang, but you are no less stubborn Hawkeye.... And as my partner that makes you doubly important and makes it even more certain that you get the bed..." He grew quiet as she leaned into him, her head resting on his shoulder, it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, but a warm, homely quietness. He looked down at her, dark fringe falling over his dark brown eyes from the angle and yet he admired how adorable she was resting on his shoulder like this. Her words about it being comfortable reached his ears and he was responding softly to that"It's home..."

She was squeezing his hand, which drew his gaze from her face down to the entwined hands and he examined them closely as she had some water, he loved the way their hands slotted together as if they were made to hold one another. He was drawn out of his thoughts as she offered him the water, he shook his head to signify that he didn't need any, noting her sweet smile when her words came. Immediately he could feel himself flushing, but there was bemusement in hid dark, brown gaze and he flashed Riza a slightly embarrassed grin before responding"I know that sometimes other people consider me handsome, but from that specific angle? No I did not.... But I return that compliment Riza with the information that in this light and from this angle you are the picture of adorable beauty."

Noting that Riza seemed to be getting tired he jerked his head towards the headboard continuing"Your energy levels are flagging, you should lie down... Or at least sit with your back to the headboard so you have something to rest against..." He paused unsure if he should continue before forcing himself too as he went on "If you wanted I could sit with you for a bit, though I would want to lean back against the headboard else I will end up with a crick in my back..." It was a ploy to prevent her arguing with him and he knew if he sat with her until she fell asleep he could always slip out so as to allow her some level of decency, but he wanted to get her at least comfortable before that happened.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  18. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    When he declined the water she raised a brow at him- what, was that gross or something?- but then flushed faintly and smiled all the more warmly at his compliment. He meant it, she could see that, and peered up at him for a moment longer before looking down at the glass once again and finishing the water. There, done, and as much as she didn't want to she shifted a little away from him to set the glass back on the table gently. She could feel tiredness crawling up her back and into her eyelids, making them want to droop.

He was right, she was getting tired. Considering how much alcohol she'd had it wasn't any surprise. Yet she wasn't ready to accept sleep yet, this was far too nice, and she shifted and pulled a leg up onto the bed to face Roy more fully, still not letting go of his hand. This was how they belonged, hand in hand, heart in heart, looking after each other. In a way she regretted all of those times she'd seen him to bed before, back in Amestris, when drink had led him to needing help from time to time. If she'd known that it could be like this maybe she'd have tried it.

Drawing her thoughts from that topic she cocked her head as he hesitated and continued, mentioning that he could stay, and her expression filled with happy surprise. Ever the gentleman she expected that he'd want to run off as soon as she was prone, if only for the appearances of it- but that was before-thinking, not now-thinking. "I'd be glad to have you continue to keep me company," she said quickly, not even flushing anymore, just utterly sincere, eyes glittering with affection as she rested her other now-free hand on his arm, gently tugging on it. "Please?"

Roy Mustang likes this.
  19. Roy Mustang

Race:
    Human
    He'dd noticed another thing when she blushed at his compliments and that was that she blushed so prettily, it made him feel oddly warm to be the one make her blush like a pretty damsel. She was shifting on the bed, lifting one leg up onto it and looking at him. There hands were still joined too, he could feel the warmth between them, the comfortableness of it all. When he'd mentioned sitting with her he noted how her face lit up and he found himself still in wonder at how he could put that expression upon her face, he the Flame Alchemist could have someone gaze at him with so much love, who wanted him to be there with so mush happiness. She responded to his words quickly, happily and he found that he had so much love for her that it physically hurt in his chest.

She had a hand on his arm and was gently tugging, pleading to which he responded cheerily"Alright... I'm moving..." He shifted backwards further onto the bed, careful not to jog her leg and carefully he scooted backwards until is back hit one of his pillows. Which he now adjusted with his free hand before leaning back into it, resting against the headboard his legs out comfortably before him. He hadn't let go of her hand the entire time he'd been moving and now he shifted his grip so it was a comfortable hand hold once again, sighing slightly was he angled his head back, resting it against the top of the headboard, eyes going to the ceiling a moment as he wondered if he'd made a mistake, whether this was to far over the line of acceptability before he found his gaze dropping to fix upon Riza as he looked at her saying"You should get comfortable to, sit on the bed properly or maybe lie down..."

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  20. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    As he started to shift she watched him with a sort of tipsy focus, ignoring the fact that she relaxed utterly in order to shift out of the way if he needed more space to move but without really loosening her hand, which might actually have proved helpful. She did let go of his arm though, which was literally the least she could do at that moment. Not that he seemed eager to let go of her hand either and appreciated the gesture with all of the fondness in her heart. Maybe he realized the lost time too, and wanted to make up for it, and for the possible ones to come. There was still always that lingering possibility that they would be separated here. Everyone had stories about Pandora taking loved ones, new or old.

Maybe that was why, when he was finally settled, she looked at him with a slightly solemn expression as he suggested she come closer, or lie down. Yes, he was right, that did sound nice right now- which was probably why he had suggested it anyway. He wanted her to be cozy and happy, she could see it in his eyes, and she wanted him to know that these little moments, unintentional as they were, gave her so much hope, and renewed her spirit so much, that she couldn't imagine how she'd missed it before.

So shift closer she did, drawing her other leg up onto the bed, but rather than lying her head on the pillow she moved closer to him and rested her head against the side of his hip. Their clasped hands rested in her vision on the bed, and she could feel the fabric of his clothes against her cheek and scalp, and she smiled for a moment- and then realized that this might not be the most comfortable thing for him, and rolled her head up to look at him. "Is this alright?" she asked him, brow furrowed in slightly drunk and somewhat belated concern. "I'm not being too forward?"

Roy Mustang likes this.