By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

A Whole New World

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Briar Rose, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

This was wonderful, and terrifying at the same time. Having been in Pandora a mere few weeks, Briar Rose could not believe that she already had the chance to go on such a thrilling adventure and see the world…well, the world of Pandora at least. Glancing down at the ticket in her hand, she smiled. It had been a complete shock when she’d heard that she’d won a prize in a raffle; why, she’d never won anything before in her life! After the initial confusion had worn off (just what was a cruise, anyhow?), the knowledge that she had the means to travel around this land by water was too promising of an offer to shy away from, despite her fears of the unknown.

Tucking away the ticket, the blonde pulled her shawl closer around her, its hood hiding her face to most passers-by. Even though she would have to talk to someone soon or later, the maiden was hesitant to draw much attention to herself at this moment. Not until she was onboard and settled, at least.

Briar Rose glanced up once more and took in the vessel that would be sailing them to various locations. It wasn’t what she had been expecting to see; although before this she'd had no idea what a cruise was, the word ship wasn’t unfamiliar to her. She’d never seen one in real life (well, she hadn’t ever seen much of anything in real life), but the ships she knew from books were entirely wooden, with vast white sails and occasionally figureheads on the bow. This ship was entirely white and made from a material she didn’t recognise. She assumed the tall buildings on top of the decking were some of the cabins the passengers would be residing in, along with the other facilities she’d read about.

The girl wondered what her aunts would make of her, traveling alone on a ship like this! A part of her wished that they could see this and even share the experience with her. The outside world could be fascinating, not all of it was dangerous.

Breaking out of her thoughts, the girl was about to move away from her spot and board, when she felt herself collide with someone. Turning around, a hand flew to her chest as she took in the person she’d bumped into. This was no way for her to start the journey, impeding a fellow passenger! “Oh…I’m so sorry! Are you alright?”

Artemis Crock likes this.
  2. Artemis Crock

Artemis Crock DC Universe

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    It had taken her off-guard, the new manager of the Riverboat cafe had prompted a new Employee of the Month scheme with a cruise ticket as the prize. She had never expected to win it but here she was and a holiday would do her some good considering the random monster attacks and if she could get over the voices in her head.

Speaking of which, she had done some holiday outfit shopping before hand - something M'gann and Zatanna would have insisted on and also invested in a matching set of luggage. And now here she was, packed and ready to board. Her focus on the ship, which looked like something one would see back in her home dimension, the blonde woman noticed someone coming up behind her all too late.

"Don't worry about it. I wasn't paying attention much either - the ship's impressive, right?"

#2 Artemis Crock, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Briar Rose likes this.
  3. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

Fortunately for the maiden, the woman she had bumped into didn’t seem to mind, and surprisingly had the same line of thought. She looked from the fellow blonde back to the ship. “Yes, it is and rather overwhelming if one thinks too much about it.” She averted her eyes, quickly adding, “Oh, but I am ever so excited to sail! I’ve never travelled across water before!”

She stopped herself from saying any more, feeling a little foolish that she was getting so emotional in front of someone she had just met. The blonde observed at the stranger once more, taking in her features. She had long blonde her like herself, and a kind looking face. Hopefully the other people on this cruise would be as understanding as this woman had been!

Realising how impolite it was to stare, the maiden attempted to focus on something else. “H...have you travelled much before?” She inquired, having wondered many times what it would be like to meet someone who had seen the world.

4. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    The other young woman had reminded her that she just hoped no trouble found her during the cruise as she wasn't bringing her bow along, it was a holiday after all. Glancing at her fellow passenger, Artemis replied "Yeah, I know - never thought I'll end up on a cruise ship" then she shot another look at the vessel "Same here, my family wasn't big on holidays when I was growing up"

Though she wasn't about to admit that was mostly due to the fact her parents had been criminals, her sister had run away and her mom's disability kept Paula from working enough to earn enough for a cruise back home.

Swinging her attention back to the other lady as she asked a second question, Artemis thought of the Zeta-tube system back home as she replied "Mostly travelled around America - the country I lived on before ending up in Pandora but that was more business"

#4 Artemis Crock, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Briar Rose likes this.
  5. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

It seemed the woman had never been on a ship like this before either, but curiously she talked of ‘holidays,’ as though to some they were a common occurrence. What that was this was, a holiday? She was too bashful to confess her lack of understanding on the subject, so she shook her head and merely replied, “No. I admit, this is my first…holiday, as you put it.”

At least she had found someone who was just as new to cruises as her; it brought the maiden some relief that she could relate to some of the things the woman was saying.

The fellow blonde mentioned that she’d travelled around a place called ‘America,’ where she’d lived before arriving in Pandora. “That sounds fascinating, I suppose you saw quite a number of places,” Briar Rose smiled. “I haven’t really done much at all, so being able to see this world on a ship, it’s remarkable.”

6. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Glancing up as a few people began to board, Artemis collected her suitcase and carry-on - prepared to continue this conversation while on the move. The other young woman seemed friendly enough after all and the blonde woman commented "You coming? And you should enjoy yourself then, it looks like it has a lot to offer for someone's first holiday"

Even with her luggage in hand, she didn't seem to be a hurry. For one thing, the ship wasn't preparing to leave and she wasn't about to rush off and leave a possible new ally. And maybe they could tour the cruise ship together, that would be fun.

Nodding as the other passenger continued, Artemis nodded and replied "I saw plenty of places around my home country. And I know, been busy with college and work for some time after I got here so exploring the oceans sounds good as long as nothing wanting to cause trouble shows up"

7. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

Briar Rose followed the woman’s gaze at the people who were starting to board. She smiled, her eyes lighting up at the blonde’s words. “Yes, yes I am. And oh thank you, I will try my best. It really does, I’ve read the itinerary.”

She hadn’t really brought any luggage herself, being so new to Pandora, and felt out of place at seeing everyone’s else. Some had brought huge containers full of things. Still, it was interesting to see the various shapes and sizes of people’s luggage.

The maiden had been correct in guessing that the woman had seen a lot in the place they’d called America. She mentioned some other terms, such as ‘college’ and ‘work.’ Briar Rose knew what work was, but not college.

“Why do you think that trouble would…show up?” She asked, puzzled by the woman’s end statement.

8. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Compared to some others, she was travelling light - having one suitcase and the carry-on bag holding some books, Artemis nodded at the other young woman's comment "Yeah, I read it too though I'm more looking forward to relaxing by the pool"

The girl had switched her attention to people-watching and she shifted her case from one hand to the other, the smaller bag's strap over one shoulder. Half-watching the passengers head for the ramp leading up onto the ship, the blonde woman took a step or two in the same direction "You coming? And what's your name anyway? I'm Artemis"

Frowning as the other girl asked, she added quietly "Well, word of mouth at the cafe I work at implies this place tends to throw unexpected problems at you when you least want it"

Briar Rose likes this.
  9. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

That was another thing she couldn’t wait to see – the pool! The maiden knew from the description that it would be a body of water…but it being on an actual ship was the exciting part. She’d seen a picture of it and couldn’t work out how it was built, as the only water she knew outside had occurred naturally. It must take a lot of work. She hadn’t realised yet that it was not ordinary water and was mixed through with chemicals to sanitise it.

“Yes, I am,” The girl responded, following Artemis’ lead. What an unusual, yet pretty name! “My name is…ah, Briar Rose.” She said after a moment’s hesitation, not used to introducing herself.

It was worrying to hear Artemis’ explanation that apparently Pandora could throw issues at people unexpectedly. “That sounds strange...how does a place cause problems for people?”

10. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Glancing over her shoulder as if checking that the other young woman was following her, Artemis felt a sad smile almost tug at her lips. She had brought a new bikini for this trip and Wally wasn't here to admire it, still the cruise would help her relax and get used to her first vacation without her boyfriend. Especially considering everything one could do on the ship.

"Pleasure to meet you" she replied with a thoughtful frown - why did that name sound kind of familiar? Oh well, if it was important, she would remember where she had heard it before. Shrugging it off, she added "Oh, far as I can tell, natural disasters like earthquakes, monsters running around or people turning back into children and so on"

11. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

Briar Rose made sure to keep up with Artemis. Even if she didn’t know the blonde well, it was a comfort to have someone to follow in a place filled with strangers, none of whom she was confident enough to approach herself. This would change though, now she had a chance to meet people!

She noticed the woman’s brief frown in her reply, but decided not to press any further when Artemis quickly dismissed whatever had happened and addressed her once more. The answer Briar Rose received did little to calm her anxiety; natural disasters, monsters and people becoming their child selves again? Surely this had to be stories Artemis had heard, not fact. The maiden tried to keep a brave face, replying, “Oh, I suppose Pandora is full of surprises, then.”

12. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Like you won't believe. If you're lucky and depending which town you live in, you'll get to avoid some of those things" Artemis called back as she joined the fast-moving boarding queue and headed up the small ramp.

Finding her cabin was first on her list of things to do though she could mix that with a bit of exploring on the way to her room. If not, she could do that after securing her luggage - unpacking could wait until she had figured out which areas were worth spending a lot of time in.

#12 Artemis Crock, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Briar Rose likes this.
  13. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

The blonde was quick to join the queue boarding the ship as she thought about Artemis' words. She hoped she didn't run into too many of what the woman had described, but she supposed she would just have to be prepared. There was little point dwelling on it now, not when she had a ship to explore!

Briar Rose soon caught up to Artemis, taking care as she weaved through the crowds. She needed to find her cabin soon. Then she could start to get her bearings on the deck. She smiled to her new friend, "This is amazing - I mean, I have a picture of the ship, but to be on board it, it's something else entirely." The maiden glanced around, before asking, "Do you know whereabouts your cabin is?"

14. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She may have a new friend out of this holiday too. Glancing back to see where Briar Rose was and if she hadn't lost the other young woman, she planned to invite her to do a joint tour of the ship. Nodding as the other young woman caught up with her, the blonde girl glanced around at the other passengers boarding the ship.

"I know, the ship's as impressive as I hoped it would be. And what do you want to do after we find our cabins and get unpacked? I'm thinking of checking out the swimming pool" Artemis asked and pulled her boarding pass out as the other girl asked about what room she had been assigned "Yes, I got an oceanview cabin; number 473"

Briar Rose likes this.
  15. Briar Rose

Briar Rose Guest

Briar Rose was elated as her new friend asked what she was doing later on; Artemis wanted to plan something with her! She hadn’t expected anyone to make a friend so quickly, let alone tour the ship with them.

“I would like that very much,”
    she grinned, now excited also about seeing the pool. She pulled out her own boarding and her eyes lit up as she saw what number cabin she had. “I don’t believe it – we’re right next to one another!” Her room was an oceanview cabin too, number 474. Well, they wouldn’t have far to go to meet one another. “Shall we go and see what they’re like, then?”

16. Artemis Crock

Waitress
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    If being on the Team had taught her one thing, it was how to be more open and friendly with other people - besides they were 'neighbours' on this cruise, becoming friends seemed a good move. Plus it proved she wasn't her father's daughter anymore as well.

"Great, can't wait to show off my new swim-wear" the blonde girl nodded. And with that in mind, finding their cabins was next on her list for that purpose and she turned to locate the way inside the cabin area. The sooner they had found their cabins, the sooner she could go swimming and see if there was a poolside bar.