By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Abernathy, Alice

Discussion in 'Citizens' started by Alice Abernathy, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Alice Abernathy

Alice Abernathy Resident Evil

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Alice Abernathy
    And so the clone became more human, than any member or creation of Umbrella ever did.

[​IMG]
    Played by GhostOfHalloweenPast

Fandom: Resident Evil
    Age: 30 | 10, technically, since she is a clone and 'woke up' 10 years ago
    Species: Human Clone
    Canon Point: at the end of RE: The Final Chapter, when she drives off with her motorbike
    NPC Companions: The Red Queen

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Martial Arts & WeaponryNo matter what kind of gun it is, Alice has probably used it before; she can customize guns to her liking, for example loading it with coins instead of bullets, and she's a skilled markswoman. Additionally, Alice can wield all kinds of swords, hatchets and knives and she does it well. She has martial arts and military training - surviving in an apocalypse and having been created as a soldier for Umbrella, Alice can take down all sorts of enemies in hand to hand combat. She is also able to do basic parkour and often uses her surroundings in a fight, when she runs out of ammo. Alice has taken down mutant enemies three or four times her size and lived to tell the tale. Even without the virus to strengthen her, she is not an easy target, and her reflexes are overly quick.

VehiclesPlanes? Motorbikes? Cars? Boats? A tank? Alice knows her way around vehicles of all kinds, can repair the most damage, and is a skilled driver. She has learned to drive while under fire and is able to avoid moving roadblocks with ease. Hell, she can even pull a stunt with a motorbike right through a church window. When it comes to planes, Alice has managed to land under difficult circumstances, and on comparatively tiny rooftops.

Intelligence & KnowledgeIn a world that wants to kill her, Alice had to learn a lot about survival, hacking and even battle strategies. She can figure out deceive pretty quickly, and has always a more or less effective plan to kill a great amount of undead enemies. Technically working for the Umbrella Corporation, and then fighting against it, Alice has acquired a great amount of knowledge about bioweaponry, cloning and mutations. She might not be a scientist who could actually build a bioweapon, but she knows enough to recognize and eliminate it. The apocalypse has also made her develop a reliable survival instinct.
    Alice knows sign language and is presumed to speak a few more languages than English.

EquipmentA personalized motorbike. Two 12mm guns with super fancy skull-print. A roll of throw weapons, ammunition and grenades. A three barrel shotgun, affectionately nicknamed 'Hydra'.

The Red Queen
    [​IMG]
    This AI was programmed to protect Umbrella and humanity. She was created in the image of James Marcus' daughter, and has been given a basic amount of compassion and logic. The Red Queen will do whatever it takes to save human life and is able to hack herself into most devises, jumping from screen to screen and into earpieces and hologram-projectors by creating a WiFi, a bluetooth, or an infrared connection, should she not get an electronic cable connection to the devise in question. She's further able to medically check any organism for diseases or infections and suggest how to cure it, if that knowledge is in her database.

WEAKNESSES

MortalityRegardless of her excellent training and her reliable survival instincts, Alice can be killed, pretty much like every other human can. She will age and die, and can get sick - though presumably not get infected by the T-Virus. While she is a strong fighter and will continue to fight with broken bones, concussions and slash wounds, she tires out and will succumb to her injuries, if nobody gets to her in time.

Trauma & NightmaresAlice has lived in an apocalyptic world for ten years, always on the run and always under risk of getting eaten or killed. She will need a lot of time to settle down again and not expect a threat behind every corner and in every person. Over the years she has also seen a lot of her friends and sometimes lovers die, and people mutate directly in front of her. These experiences didn't leave her untouched, causing nightmares to disturb her sleep.

The Red QueenLet's just say, having save humanity whatever it takes as the only programmed goal, is a bit vague. Vague enough to allow the Red Queen to get a bit very dramatic and turn into a 'homicidal bitch', how Alice called it. If the chances of saving humanity are higher, when an entire underground hive of people dies, then, well, that is too bad, but then, that is, what the AI will try to achieve.
    In the right hands, this AI can be kept in check though.

FREEFORM

My name is Alice, and this is my story. The end of my story.

I was Head of Security at the Hive, a secret high-tech facility underneath the streets of Raccoon City. The Hive was part of the testing area of the Umbrella Corporation, one of the biggest, if not the biggest company for healthcare, medical care, and technology. Officially, at least. Their main source of profit came from the creation of bioweaponry and genetic research - cloning of and mutations on living and dead organisms.

I wanted to stop them. I tried helping a young journalist to uncover the truth about them. But there was an incident at the Hive while she was down there. The T-Virus was set free and the Red Queen, an artificial intelligence, programmed to protect the Hive and every other facility of Umbrella, along with humanity, took drastic measures to ensure the virus would stay down there.

Everybody died.
    Trouble was, they didn't stay dead.

The virus turned them into undead beings - zombies, for a lack of better terms - and Umbrella opened up the Hive again. Within weeks, the virus spread across the whole world. Not only turning humans and animals into mindless monsters, but also killing the plants and drying out lakes. After a few years, most of the planet had become a deserted landscape. With only a few thousand survivors, trying to avoid the hordes of undead and building up a new life, while Umbrella continuously tried to wipe out even the last bits of them.
    Why? Because it had been their plan all along. Obsessed with their idea of 'cleansing' the world from humanity and starting anew, they were keeping the abundance of viruses alive and spreading, while they hid underground, cryogenically sleeping away the time until the Red Queen would wake them up again, once the last human settlement was destroyed.

Umbrella Corporation - Our Business Is Life Itself
    Huge words, coming from the people who eliminated humanity and life itself. Did tests and sold the virus to every nation that had the power to use it. They had an underground lab in Siberia, where they could simulate an outbreak in any of the major cities, like New York, Moscow, Tokyo, Berlin, or the Raccoon City suburban area - and then they'd show it to the people who wanted to see these places destroyed the most. They'd simulate it in Shanghai and sell it to the Japanese, then simulate it in Tokyo and sell it to the Chinese. They'd simulate it in Moscow and sell it to the Americans, before simulating it in New York and selling it to the Russians, and so on.
    They said, greed would be our downfall.
    In a very twisted way, they were right about that.
    But not enough to justify any of what they did to me, to humanity, to the world.

Over the years, I met a few good people. Survivors. People who were trying to take back what Umbrella had stolen from them. I called some of them my friends. Maybe even lovers. But this world and these times were not made for peace. If you got along with someone, you could count yourself lucky if you didn't lose them a week later. I never stayed long enough around any of them to get the feeling of safety I would've needed in this dying world. I couldn't. Or they couldn't. Whatever came first. And only one of them survived with me: Claire Redfield. She lost just as much as I did, and maybe that was, what kept us together in the end, what made us fight all the harder to survive.

I survived. I was injected with the virus - twice - and survived, because I bonded with it on a cellular level. A success, Umbrella was never able to replicate, and so, they hunted me down for ten years, while I tried to stop them. While I tried to protect what was left of humanity. They lost the most important of their precious facilities to me, and their most precious experiments too. I died once and they brought me back. Albert Wesker later told me, he should've killed me when he had the chance to do so - which, is 100% the truth. I'm sure, he wished he hadn't made that mistake as often as he did, when he was dying in his office, crushed beneath a door.

Seeing humanity at the brink of extinction, I returned to the ruins of Raccoon City, ten years after the outbreak, to finish this company once and for all. The Red Queen helped me, funnily enough. Her programming didn't allow her to harm any members of the company, but she had also been made to protect humanity, and so, after years of trying to kill me, she asked me for help because she couldn't stop Umbrella alone. Ironic, truly.
    Maybe it was an act of revenge that I helped her in the end. Maybe I did, because she was my only chance to stop them. She told me about the anti-virus. A cure. Airborn and lethal to everything that was infected.

We had a chance to save humanity, and I would've sacrificed myself to do that.
    Well. I did, in the end.

I met Alicia Marcus, the daughter of the scientist who developed the T-Virus, and I met the real Dr Isaacs. I say real, because I met and killed him before - cloned versions of him - but the man I ran into, down there, was the original. The one all his clones were based off.
    Clones. They all believed they were the original. I believed, I was the original, when I, too, wasn't. Alicia Marcus was the original. Her father had developed the T-Virus for her, so she would be cured from her genetic aging disease - which, worked for a while, but not forever, driving her to let them clone her too, but without the genetic disease. I was supposed to be the woman she never could've been.

And so, I was born - for a certain amount of 'born'. I was never biologically born, like every other human being. Dr Isaacs created me, along with other sleeves who looked exactly like me. Who believed, they were the original, exactly like me. We were given a basic amount of memories, just enough to function and react emotionally in the case of a virus outbreak. Or to work for Umbrella as perfect soldiers. Whatever they needed more at the moment. Exactly like the others, I simply accepted the fact that I couldn't remember my childhood, that I had apparently suffered irreversible amnesia, and only knew of the journalist and how I helped her get inside the Hive, but not much before that. I had a life, simply because Umbrella made me think I had one - with a fake-husband who lived inside the mansion above the Hive with me, and pictures of events that had never happened. Just like the others.

Just, that I wasn't like the others. I survived too long. I was compassionate and brave for too long. And in the end, I tore this company down, and killed every single one of its employees. Including Dr Isaacs - the real one.
    Alicia died with them, knowing I would cure the world by sacrificing myself. And I did. When the facility exploded behind me, and the hordes of undead were running towards me, I shattered the glass vial containing the anti-virus, to set it free, knowing it would kill me too, since I was still infected - even if it hadn't turned me into a zombie and instead bonded with my cells. But I did it gladly. Not because I wanted to die, but because I was determined to do everything to save humanity, to undo what I hadn't been able to stop from happening ten years ago.

Claire was with me, when I woke up again, on the next morning. When I realized that I hadn't died, but had merely been cured from the virus in my system. The Red Queen explained to me, that it had been a test to see if I would bring this sacrifice, because none of the other employees would've sacrificed themselves to save the world. But I did. "And so the clone became more human than they ever could've been," she said, before she gave me a contact lens into which Alicia had uploaded her childhood memories for me to have. Because I deserved them. Because I would've sacrificed myself. And slowly, I am starting to believe, that I really do deserve them.

I once said: Sometimes I feel as if killing and running is all my life has ever been. and now I know why that is technically true. But it doesn't weigh as much anymore. It doesn't matter as much anymore. The world will be able to live again. I will be able to finally live, instead of just survive. With Claire. With the others who have still survived in the tiniest corners of the world. And maybe, that was worth the pain and the suffering.

My name is Alice and this is my story. The beginning of my story, and the end, and the new beginning.

#1 Alice Abernathy, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Claire Redfield likes this.
  2. Alice Abernathy

Alice Abernathy Resident Evil

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    The undead are dead - again. Have at it :3​

3. Lanni

Lanni Moderator
    Application Division

Race:
    Human Nerd
    your application is
    ACCEPTED

theoaihdoiasfd Look at this funky girl at her awesome back-flips to victory!

She's accepted! Swing by the sign ups and have fun!

Alice Abernathy likes this.