By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Private Again those years run on by

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Ayano Tateyama, Oct 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ayano Tateyama

Ayano Tateyama Kagerou Project
    Red is the color of a hero

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

What I thought back on was, again, my family

October 17th

It was the evening and Ayano was at home, just waiting for Scott. After the robbery, she had called the house she would be babysitting to tell them that she unfortunately wasn't in the right mindset after what happened. They were kind enough to not hold it against her, even if she still felt guilty about potentially ruining any evening plans, but they didn't sound disappointed so... maybe it wasn't all bad.

She decided to get some stuff ready ahead of time, working on getting dinner ready for when Scott got home. They lived together and... she had to admit it was almost like they were already a married couple in some aspects but she tried to shake that thought out of her head before she got too caught up on it.

She had to tell him more about herself, open up and let him know about the girl behind all the smiles she carried herself with. She wanted this to work, she wanted to be with him for as long as she could manage, but she needed to be honest with him. He would do the same with her, she was sure of it.

She felt prepared to tell him everything, so for the moment she was just cooking some fish while waiting for the sound of the door to open and signal Scott's return.

@Scott McCall

Scott McCall likes this.
  2. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf
    not all monsters do monstrous things

City Guard, Midcourt Division
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

His mom had vanished, taken back to Beacon Hills which wasn't as depressing as he thought. He learned of the future there and he knew she would be safe so he was able to function a lot better than when Allison had gone home.

He had been working on a case during the day even when reports came in of a robbery. Ayano, he wanted to be there, to help but he couldn't just abandon the case he was on. It was vaguely upsetting yet he had heard word of them being okay and he relaxed. Still being stuck in part of the building with no reception kind of sucked but he had to live with what he was given currently.

The scent of fish hit his senses as he walked towards the apartment, feeling his stomach rumble. Quickly unlocking and opening the door, he shut it behind him with a click and then locked it again. "I'm home! Sorry I'm a bit late. Is everything okay?" Scott asked, moving into the kitchen. "That smells really good by the way."

Ayano Tateyama likes this.
  3. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Hearing the sound of the door opening followed by Scott's voice, already asking her if everything was alright made it pretty clear that he already did know about what happened earlier that day. He was part of the City Watch and, well, Sephiroth had mentioned her name while they were there, so it was possible that it got mentioned in a report.

By the time Ayano turned around, Scott was already at the kitchen complimenting the smell of her cooking. "Guess I must be doing it really well if it's pleasing your super smelling abilities" She giggled, a wide smile on her face. "I'm fine, don't worry. They didn't get anywhere near me."

The topic of the robbery was honestly so irrelevant to what she wanted to talk about that she wanted to brush it off as quickly as she could so she could get to the actually important stuff.

"There's some stuff I wanted to talk about though. Nothing to do with the robbery, but... there's a few things about me I wanted you to know." Her smile shrunk a little, but it was less an indication that she was uncomfortable and more so that she was getting more serious.

Scott McCall likes this.
  4. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

"Better than me that's for sure." He chuckled, leaning over to gently kiss her cheek. They went at her pace and that was completely fine with him. He was just happy to be with someone as amazing and incredible and kind as Ayano. "I heard. I'm glad you're okay." His eyes softened at that, still wishing he had been there on scene. Conflict of interest as well and that could have lead to issues down the line in the case.

"I'm here to listen." Scott's features became a little more serious as he moved through the kitchen to get them a glass each and then filling them up with water. He would be supportive, no doubt about that. He also knew this would be painful if her brief mentions had any indication. Above all he felt honored she was at that point where she could tell him and he wasn't going to let her down.

5. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Scott was always very supportive, in a way that also didn't come across as clingy. Ever since the day they began dating, he probably had been wondering what pains she was keeping away from him and she had a feeling that the reality was worse than what he might have been guessing. With a kiss and a cup of water handed to her, he was there waiting for her to say what she wanted to.

"Well... I might look like I'm just a normal girl and... I'm definitely not a werewolf or anything like that." She giggled, her eyes closing as she did so, but then, when they opened again, their brown iris had changed to bright red. "But I have something a little special myself."

The red eyes that she killed herself to get. The red eyes that were responsible for all the pain her family had and likely was still enduring. Ayano could understand very well why her siblings hated their eyes now, but she wasn't going to succumb to that same hatred. She did what she did out of her own volition and so, she had no right to complain.

"This ability... it allows me project my memories, feelings and thoughts into other people." She smiled softly. "It's nothing compared to what you can do, but... the story of how I came to get these red eyes is what I want to get at."

Scott McCall likes this.
  6. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Scott had thought what it could be, his mind spinning stories worse than the one before it and he relented, letting himself just wait. Sometimes it was easier said than done. "I always thought you were special." Scott said, and he meant it. With or without the red eyes.

Red eyes? His own dark eyes shifted into the red glow of the alpha as it pulled by a magnetic force. Not as a dominating thing but one of comrade in arms. "That's why you didn't recoil when you saw my eyes." That and she was just a generally accepting person, something he'd known almost from the moment they'd met.

The ability she was talking about, it wasn't some small scale power. "It might not be what I can do but it's still a huge power!" He was in awe. "I take it you might prefer to use your ability to tell me?" Scott asked. "You go with whatever is easier for you to tell me."

7. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

God, they had been dating for a month and a half and Ayano still blushed whenever Scott was being cute like that. She became all sheepish when he commented about her specialness, but when his own eyes suddenly became red like hers, the topic went back to it.

He caught on things quick. Ayano had long learned to not be afraid of someone with red eyes, but it was also true that she generally did not let a bad first impression taint her entire perception of someone forever. He even suggested using her power to communicate what she wanted before she could.

"I was thinking of doing that, yeah. But... if we do this, you're going to see my memories and also feel everything that I felt during them. Some of them were... bad." She grabbed at the clothing near her chest. "I trust you to know everything, Scott, but do you think you can handle it?"

The last thing she wanted to do was hurt him by doing this. She was giving him a warning, so he could steel himself for what could happen and so she could be certain that he was fine with the risk. She could stop it whenever she wanted too, so hopefully any emotional damage would be at a minimum.

#7 Ayano Tateyama, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Scott McCall likes this.
  8. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

"I can handle it. But if you feel too overwhelmed you can stop it." Scott nodded, slowly reaching to gently grab one of her hands. "We all have our good, and bad, memories. And that's okay." He was bad at trying to articulate his thoughts but the werewolf tried and he had to be content with that.

Still, was she worried about him? Worried about what he might see or feel? He'd gone through bad stuff, like the night he was bitten. Losing battles, losing friends, people dying when he should have been able to save them. He was a true alpha, he held onto those burdens so others did not have to. "Begin whenever your ready." His tone clear: I'm here for you and I'm going to promise what I say is true.

((ooc// feel free to have Ayano lead him to the couch if needed w/e. idm!))

9. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Well, he was ready for it. Ayano smiled and nodded before then bringing him to the living room's couch so they would be in a better-suited place for it. She took a deep breath, wondering just what kind of reaction Scott would have to her story, although she could make a few educated guesses on it already.

"Alright... let's get to it then." She then looked directly at Scott's eyes, activating her power for real.

For a moment it would feel like everything went black but then, a scenery would form around Scott. A simple, cozy looking home. There, in that room, he would see Ayano as a younger kid, standing opposite to three other, younger-looking kids and a woman right behind them that looked much like Ayano in appearance, down to the hair clips.

"Ayano is your big sister, so get along with her, everyone!" said the woman, with plenty of excitement, before then walking over to Ayano and placing a hand on her head. "Take care of them for me, ok?"

She was nervous, feeling a little lost, but the touch of her mother's hand had provided her with some much-needed comfort. It gave her some confidence, it made her feel like she could handle anything, because her mother had faith that she could do it. It took a moment, but Ayano eventually looked up at her mom and nodded, letting out a single, still nervous sounding "Ok"

With that, her mother left the scene and all that was left were the four children. Ayano looked at them, they all having these sad looks on their faces, full of suspicion like they were expecting her to hurt them at any second. They looked at each other instead of her, in fact, they looked everywhere except at her.

Ayano's eyes soon noticed the red color in their own eyes. She didn't know people could have red eyes like those. She had seen blue, green, brown, black... but never red, except in TV shows. She looked at them with childish wonder at first, but it was by making eye contact with them that she could see reflections of a past they wanted to keep hidden.

"They look so sad..." Ayano's younger voice echoed through the room, carrying with itself feelings of pity and worry.

The scenery then seemed to blur and once it became clear again, it had change into a bedroom where the four children were gathered. Ayano was standing, while the other three were just sitting on the floor, whispering to each other in a clear attempt to not let her know what they were talking about. With each passing, awkward second, Ayano only felt more unsure and nervous. She didn't know what to do with kids like these. They had just met, but they already seemed to have decided that they didn't like her. If they were going to live together, she needed to get through to them somehow.

"H-Hey, you guys have really cool eyes." She spoke, trying to make some small talk to ease them into communicating with her.

And just like that, Ayano had three pairs of eyes looking at her, a deep gaze almost as if they were looking right into her soul. She tensed up, intimidated by the sheer emotion that the look in their eyes had. They looked upset with her for her comment, downright offended by it, but they also looked afraid, like they were dreading what was about to come next.

"There's nothing cool about them" One of the boys, the one with blond hair, spoke bitterly, then averting her gaze from her.

"E-Eh...?" Ayano asked, now feeling like she had really messed up.

"Because of them I... I'm just a monster." The other boy, the one who this entire time looked like the most afraid out of them, cried out, his voice shaking as he hugged his knees.

Ayano was taken aback. She knew red eyes weren't very common but... a monster? It was just their eye color, right? There was nothing else to it... right? Why would they be so afraid of their eyes? Why did they think of themselves as monsters because of them?

She was confused, she was even more nervous than before, but most of all, she felt sorry for them. They looked so unhappy and she was sure that they wouldn't be thinking of themselves as monsters for no reason. Did someone tell them that? Why?

"What happened to them...?" Her voice echoed again, sounding melancholic.

#9 Ayano Tateyama, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2018
    Scott McCall likes this.
  10. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

He was lead to the couch where he sat down, letting her take the lead since she knew what she was doing and he trusted her enough to allow this to happen. When he looked into her eyes, something happened. A flicker of darkness before light bloomed around him and he saw what he was supposed to be seeing - her memories. In addition to seeing it happen before his eyes, he felt her emotions, just as she said he would.

He noticed the children had red eyes. Like Ayano, like him except they weren't alphas. He watched and felt as Ayano tried to help the three young kids, commenting on their eyes which was met with distrust. Scott wondered what was going on, why they thought they were monsters. Of course Ayano was trying to help, it was what she did. How could she know it would cause such a reaction?

Part of him wanted to reassure the young boy that he wasn't a monster but since this was a memory he didn't have that power. He wasn't stupid, he knew some kids could be downright evil yet he doubted that could be applied to these kids considering their actions and reactions. His heart seemed to ache in his chest as he felt for the children. He knew what it was like to think of oneself as a monster. Even of they were far from it.

11. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

This situation was a lot more than Ayano had bargained for, but she still felt the need to get through to them somehow. Those red eyes, they had been the source of a lot of pain for them, so how could she get them to not be afraid of them anymore? Her eyes scouted the room for a moment, until the landed on a comic book she had left lying on her bedside table and, being struck with an idea, she moved over to grab it.

"That's not true at all." She returned with the comicbook in hand and showed it to the dark haired boy, the cover featuring a superhero dressed mostly in red. "Red is the color of a hero, so there's no need to be afraid." She smiled warmly.

The reaction she got was more of stunned silence than anything else. They didn't look entirely convinced by it, but it was something at least. She began wondering what else she could do to help cheer them up. They could start playing something, trying to get away from that sad topic and do something fun, something that would let them know they didn't need to be afraid. This time, her eyes landed on her wardrobe and they widened as she came up with something.

"Hey, look at this!" She began digging through her wardrobe and then pulled an all too familiar red scarf, twirling as she wrapped it around her neck and did a superhero pose. "We're like secret agents!"

The looks she got this time were more positive and then, digging through her wardrobe more, she pulled out a set of three hoodies. One black, one white and one purple and handed them out to them, letting them choose which one they wanted.

"We could be... the Mekakushi Dan (Blindfold Gang)! A group of kids who secretly have superpowers and use them to save the day!" She suggested excitedly, hoping that this would work.

"But you don't have powers." The girl pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh. Well... I guess I don't..." Ayano stopped to think for a moment. "Let's just pretend I do! This is all just a game, you know!"

"Why would you even want to have these powers?" The blonde boy asked, sounding puzzled.

"Because if I had powers, then I could use them to help people, like a superhero! Come on, don't you guys wanna be superheroes too?!"

Ayano might have been getting a little too into it, the little game of pretend seemed to appeal to her more than it did to them, but she could see them sharing looks with each other, unsure of what to think about it at first, until the scared boy finally spoke up.

"I... I'd love to be a hero." He admitted with a smile.

"Then let's do it!" Ayano grinned with excitement.

What followed was a simple brainstorming session, coming up with a story for their group of heroes and all that, everyone eagerly putting on their hoodies. Ayano led the discussion, but the longer it went, the more the other kids seemed to be getting into it, suggesting ideas of their own and passionately defending them. Gone were the sad faces from earlier, now being replaced by excitement and joy.

"Even if we're just playing heroes, as long as we can manage even a little smile, then it's all worth it." Ayano thought to herself, happily smiling as she watched the discussion in front of her.

The scene then faded to black again and Ayano, the present day one, showed up next to Scott, her eyes still having that very same deep red coloration as that of her adopted siblings.

"The girl's name is Tsubomi, the blonde boy is Shuuya and the other one is Kousuke. I never really asked them what happened before they started living with me, but I know it wasn't anything good." She explained, then growing a little bashful and pulling her scarf with a dopey smile on her face. "This is all a little embarrassing, but it's important to know, trust me."

#11 Ayano Tateyama, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 12:41 AM