HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Alchemy Ahoy

Discussion in 'Horizon' started by Cagliostro, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Granblue Fantasy

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    November 21st, Year Seven

Cagliostro tutted, staring off into the distance with eyes that showed the vicissitudes of time in their entirety. The diminutive girl had her arms crossed as she continued her silent contemplation for the moment. The journey to Horizon had been average and uneventful, the usage of alchemy making it easy to survive the travel through the wastes. Water was formed out of the molecules in the air while long keeping rations were given to Amy so she could survive. An immortal like her could easily subsist off of pure energy so that wasn't a concern.

Their arrival was without fanfare as well, just another two travelers that made their way into the pioneer town located in the hidden oasis. That was where things started taking a turn for the weird. Transmutation was used to secure a sizable hollow in an undeveloped part of the cliff side, a simple hole entrance leading inside that looked no different from so many of the other dwellings.

It was once one stepped into the generic opening that things were outright off such as the thick iron door that shouldn't have even fit through the cave entrance in question. The space behind that little oddity was perfectly portioned so that there were multiple squared off rooms, the surfaces ground away as though polished to that of marble. Commodities such as glass, paper, iron, brass, and industrial woven fibers were also strewn about in this place where such frivolities would be outright expensive. All in all, it was like a large and well put together house had been directly embedded inside of the natural geography, an oasis within an oasis. There was even a space with all sorts of mechanical odds and ends built to be soundproof so that Amy could tinker around as she liked, a wall full of tools made to personal specifications.

"Okay, our standards of living is finally to an acceptable level." Turning back from watching the coming and goings of the outside world, the alchemist tapped her well featured chin a few times before smirking. "This place is sufficient to our current needs. Your workshop is still bare bones on purpose though since you're better than me at working with processed metals, customize it as you see fit." Reclining against a beanbag chair stuffed full of fluffy feathers from a giant dodo-like bird that the alchemist had personally sicced her giant snake on a few days ago, the little girl looked insufferably smug. "What's your first project going to be, Mother?"

Amy Wellard likes this.
  2. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    As soon as Amy had read about Horizon, she was in love. It was so absolutely gorgeous, compared to everything she was used to. Her memories from before the bombs fell were rather hazy, but even from that, she knew it was even better than the fully-functional society she was from.

The trip to Horizon was rather uneventful, just a 'mother and daughter' traveling with ample supplies. She had a chance to get to know Cagliostro a bit better, and she lived up to her first impressions of the alchemist. While unquestionably odd, she had a good heart, even if she was afraid to show it off.

Once they had made it to Horizon, Cagliostro created a home for the two that sort of reminded Amy of Tiberius's tower. It was all much gaudier than her old home, but it also wasn't obviously trying to shove the owners' wealth in everyone's face, so she felt more comfortable calling the place home. That comfort skyrocketed once she was given a place to tinker. Even if she didn't have the car her father had tried to fix with her before he died, it was still exactly what she wanted.

She nodded at Cagliostro's assessment, thinking that it was more than sufficient, but knew that the girl would only wave her underdeveloped opinions off and tell her that she would learn to enjoy the finer things, or something like that.

Instead, she answered the question posed, saying, "well, no one's asked me to fix anything up for them so far-- surprise, surprise-- so I've been thinking about heading into town to see if there's anyone giving away used toys or anything else that I can tinker with while deciding on my first big project."

3. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Hm, that does sound smart... we must meet the locals and all so we can form connections and thus get help and manpower should we ever get into a situation that neither of us can handle alone." As much as she hated to say it, the practical Founder knew she had quite a few limitations and that she needed to if not trust then at least having passing relations with others to function properly in society without being branded as a witch child or a heretic like in the past.

Amy herself was a good moral compass for the girl, even if she felt the woman was too stubborn sometimes to be truly practical. Still, there was a void being filled of sorts in having someone that she could be herself with, a person that could take all her positive and negative qualities without preamble. It felt good, not that she'd ever say it.

"Right, let's go then. Where shall we head off to for the day, Mother?" Crowing as she nimbly hopped on her feet, the alchemist ruffled around the closet to compare the various dresses she had before going for the old classic red one to highlight the good old glory days. Dressed up as though she was a doll and beaming at the wonderful aesthetics, the vain immortal chuckled as she strutted out the passageway while waiting for the engineer's reply.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  4. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "And seeing what exactly this place has to offer," Amy suggested, "who knows what exactly we can even find here." As gorgeous as Horizon was, it was clearly not the most advanced location. In some ways it was even rougher than what she had lived through.

Still, Horizon's state was caused by it being so new, not by having lost everything due to a few bombs dropping. Even if she was the only person making new technology in Horizon, she much preferred it to being back in her world.

Cagliostro's cheerfulness at being all dolled up and heading out for a walk was really refreshing for Amy. It kind of reminded her of Denby, but even he had some darkness behind his good cheer. Not Cagliostro, though. As far as Amy could tell, she was just happy. It was nice.

"I was thinking of heading to the bazaar," she replied, "apparently it has pretty much everything the town has to offer, so the sooner we check it out, the better." It didn't even occur to Amy how odd a pair they must look. Cagliostro was wearing a lovely dress and tiara, while Amy was still wearing her hoodie and old pants.

5. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "The bazaar... that brings back memories indeed. Those runts from the Grandcypher loved going to the bazaar to mingle with the masses." Picking out an umbrella from the stand to block out the strong afternoon sunlight, the alchemist held a basket in the other arm. It seemed that despite her age, the immortal was pretty excited to go out window shopping.

"Maybe we can even set up a stand one of these days for you to show off. Pioneers enjoy being able to install modern day comforts in their surroundings after all- once people know that you are a talented engineer then you could probably get to play with odds and ends from various planes of existences as well as help out others." Two birds with one stone that.

"...Also you really need some better clothes one of these days. I'm not sure why you won't accept my super fabulous talents in fashion design, mother." Pouting at the fact that Amy would not be wearing the fancy dresses that she herself rather adored any time soon, Cagliostro huffed and grumbled in a good natured way while waiting outside the dwelling.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  6. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Grandcypher?" Amy repeated, curiously. Cagliostro was a very interesting person, obviously. She had magic and amazing abilities the likes of which Amy had never seen before. Not only that, but something about the way she viewed things was incredibly fascinating to Amy. She wanted to know more and more about her enigmatic 'daughter'.

Her interested smile became self-deprecating once Cagliostro started complimenting her. "I'm not a talented engineer," she protested, "I'm just a mechanic. Really, there's nothing special about me." Compared to Cagliostro, she really wasn't much to get excited over.

It was important to get her name out there, though. She wanted to make herself useful for the people around her. A place so in need of workers would surely appreciate a mechanic, even one as second-rate as her.

"I don't think I'm really a dress type of girl," she said, trying to hold in her giggles, "I'm not quite used to being in such fancy clothes." Not that she didn't appreciate how well-made Cagliostro's dresses were. They just weren't for her.

7. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "The Grandcypher is the name of my Crew's organization as well as the airship we travel about the skydoms on. It's mostly a group of hotheaded young runts that want to see what the world had to offer with their own two eyes. My sort of pipsqueaks really."

Musing on her previous traveling companions with a bit of affection, the alchemist looked towards Amy with her arms folded as she heard of the self-denial. "And not with that attitude you're not. Young people should have fire and drive, you need some ambition in you, Mother." Continuing her movement towards the bazaar, it would be rather easy for her traveling companion to keep pace due to the difference in scale between their leg heights.

Amy Wellard was certainly a handful simply because of how humble and void of most desires she was. It was okay to ask for things and the immortal continued her bitter fight against the down to earth gentility that was the woman's nature. Like with fashion for instance. "I could make you non-dress outfits you know. Maybe something with gilded patterns or silks..." Fight on, Cagliostro. Fight on.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  8. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "They sound like a fun group," Amy commented, sounding amused at Cagliostro's affection for the group. They must have been quite the sight, if Cagliostro thought that they were runts. Unless she meant it in some other way.

Cagliostro's determination to make Amy see herself as more competent was a surprise to the woman. Yes, she had plenty of people encourage her to do her best, but she had known them practically all of her life; Cagliostro was a relative stranger, someone who experience has taught her to expect to be ignored by at best.

A small smile grew on Amy's face as she said, "that is true. You give such good advice, sweetie." Pretending to be Cagliostro's mother was odd, yet at the same time rather endearing. It was like they had their own private joke.

Her smile turned into a thoughtful frown at Cagliostro's next offer. "Do you really think I'd look good in something gilded?" she asked, curious. She didn't know much about fashion, so she had no idea what that kind of style went with.

9. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "The Grandcypher was fun, yes. Also a handful, full of idiots, hardheaded and stubborn, got into trouble all too much, and didn't properly appreciate the cuter things in life." Despite all the complaints that rang out, the tone of voice sounded rather wistful as she described those 'runts'.

"Yeah, appearances plays a large part in people's societal expectations of others. Even mechanics have to look posh outside the workshop sometimes, you have to give the impression that you're a capable enough person to make yourself enough resources to both enjoy yourself as well as provide adequate services for your customers." How very true of the alchemist to say, especially when she got her jollies by trolling people with her looks.

"You can have all the skills in the world but chances are if you look destitute or haggard, people will more likely be willing to look you over. 'This person doesn't look like they're all that successful, look at how drab they are. What can they do for us if they can't even look decent for themselves.' There are exceptions to the rules but that stems on building personal connections first to get them to look beyond first impressions, which we can't rely on due to the fact we're newcomers." Cagliostro's lessons on life continued as the girl rambled on about personal experiences and such.

"And yes, you would look better in clothes that don't look like you wore them till they frayed and need to be patched up. Even if you don't want to change your attire, I can at least fix up your current one. Maybe find out what the original colors on the outfit was before the winds of time ravaged them as well." Pouting and folding her arms, the alchemist looked every inch the little girl she was at this point even if the words coming out of her mouth seemed to be incredibly Machiavellian.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  10. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I had a friend who sounds like he would have fit in with them just fine," Amy commented, much more willing to voice her fondness. She really hoped the lottery ticket she gave him helped him out. He didn't have the same luck she did, just stumbling into a friend who could actually cure Green Lung with amazing magic.

But that was the past, and Amy was more than willing to let that go in favor of finding a future in Pandora. Apparently, part of that future involved lectures by the adorable alchemist she owed her life to. While she understood the idea behind Cagliostro's words, and they seemed rather obvious, it took her a few seconds to really process the advice.

Back in her world, fine clothes meant that you were part of the Aristocracy, and most people who weren't them or working for them had a very dim view on them all. Her clothes actually made her more trustworthy back there, as they meant that she was just another down-on-her-luck person just trying to get by.

If it was different in Pandora, maybe Cagliostro had a point, especially when pointing out the pretty ragged state of her clothes. "Well... I mean, that makes sense," she said, "if wearing good clothes would make things easier then I should do what I can to look more presentable."

11. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Nanachi made their way down one of the roads within the town called Horizon, stepping lightly and ears alert at all times. While during their time in Pandora so far they had realized that there were very few that found their appearance anything more than a passing curiosity, or if not found them adorable, it never hurt to still be careful. It was what had kept them alive until now, after all.

With Mitty safely out of sight in a small alcove just outside of the town proper, Nanachi was doing their first scout of it. The thought alone was jarring and strange, and a good part of why they had chosen the apparently small place first, even with its distance from their main hideout. The idea of being around too many people at once set their fur on end.

It had been a decent journey from Misty Hollow down to Horizon, but not one the Narehate couldn't handle. Pandora was showing itself to be a lot safer than the Abyss in most ways, and lacking many of the dangerous environments and creatures that they had learned to deal with. It still had some things, though, and they were feeling one currently. Even shaded by their helmet on their head and back, the sun and heat of the oasis was not something Nanachi was accustomed to. Already the small rabbit-like being was feeling it, their fur keeping the heat trapped against them. They grumbled to themselves, "Naaa, I don't think I will be staying here for very long... I doubt anyone here would be able to help Mitty anyway."

It was then that the Narehate's ears caught a passing conversation, taking place up ahead. Two people, a younger girl dressed in very bright and frilly clothing, and an older woman in more subdued ones. Normally not something that would catch Nanachi's attention, and most likely avoid, several things made them stop for a moment; Then slowly follow silently some distance back. One reason, they had no idea where they were going or where anything might be so following a local would be smart, and second was the conversation itself.

While it seemed that the two were related, mother and daughter, something about it felt off. The small girl was strange, talking to her mother in a way even the orphaned Narehate was sure was unusual, and also sounding very unchild-like while doing so. "Young runts? Pipspeaks?" Nanachi mumbled to themselves, "Naaa, what a strange little girl."

Curiosity thoroughly peaked, Nanachi followed along a distance behind; Listening in.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  12. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Mm, they relieved me of my boredom at least." The alchemist was stubborn it could be said, trying so hard to not praise the group she had enjoyed traveling with but still compromising by stating they did something right. It was a pretty obvious thing to consider that yes, Cagliostro did in fact enjoy her stay there.

Coughing and moving the conversation on a different track, the immortal then gave a nod of encouragement as Amy began changing her way of thinking ever so slightly. "Yes, it's much easier to gain trust with a good appearance. And also much easier to keep your health with clothing that's regularly maintained and clean. We absolutely need to get you more articles of clothing with better materials, mother."

Involved as she was in trying to plan out the nuclear survivor's comfortable future living plan, Cagliostro didn't really notice that they were being tracked by the chimeric Narehate (though a good portion of that also stemmed from the fact that Nanachi was good at not being found out). Still, just because she herself couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary didn't mean that Orouboros couldn't- the giant serpent having shrunken itself down to the size of a common garden snake now rearing its head out of the blonde's frills to taste the air with forked tongue.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  13. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Right, of course," Amy replied, holding back her amusement. As if it wasn't obvious how Cagliostro really felt. It was sweet, really, to see how much she liked the group, even if she wasn't willing to just admit it. Some people were like that; Amy was more honest about her emotions, if subdued.

"Alright, alright," Amy gave in with a laugh, "I can see I'm not winning this fight. Fine, if you really want to make me some better clothes, go ahead. I'm sure whatever you make will be lovely, anyway." Cagliostro's style was a little bit... more than Amy was used to, but she had to admit, she saw the appeal. Compared to the dowdy clothes people wore where she was from, Cagliostro's outfits were eye-catching in a mostly good way.

14. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Out of the countless people that Nanachi had spied on over the years, both back in the Abyss and recently in Pandora, these two were definitely some of the oddest ones. That said, the conversation itself was currently only mildly interesting. While the Narehate was decently skilled in making clothing themselves, it wasn't something they found riveting to do. But this young girl seemed to love it, which explained the outfit. It was something a young girl would think looked nice.

Snickering silently at the thought, they continued to follow; Hoping the two would actually lead them somewhere useful soon.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  15. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Mm, glad to see you finally saw reasoning then." Those lofty words were stated in such a way that it all but oozed with self-righteous gratification, though the overall intent was still for Amy's well-being over anything else. Smirking, the alchemist continued her steady walk even as she added in a skip here and a prance there to fool the eyes of people from afar.

"Clothes were something I found that I enjoyed making after a while. What good was being as cute as this and making the most perfect bodies ever if the outer wrapping wasn't up to snuff? I'll have you know I had to put in a lot of hard work to be able to get where I am today, but it was worth it. This great me could probably become a premiere seamstress if I ever wanted a profession change, kuku."

Tooting her own horn yet again, the girl became more serious as she looked Amy over and visualized her thoughts. "Though knowing you, dresses, skirts, and so on probably aren't your type. Pants, boots, something that covers as much skin as possible... maybe a cute little jacket and scarf combo. Anything specific you'd want, mother?" The little red snake meanwhile finally latched onto the general direction that the scent was drifting from, its eyes glowing an eerie molten gold color/

Amy Wellard likes this.
  16. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Somehow I feel like this was always going to end with me giving in," Amy deadpanned. She found herself equal parts amused and annoyed by Cagliostro's smugness over winning the argument. With a shake of her head she followed along, hands deep in her pockets.

"Is there anything you can't do?" she asked, partially genuine. All of the magic abilities on display so far had been hard for Amy to wrap her head around. Making clothes wasn't an astounding ability, but it was yet another one to throw onto the pile.

"You probably know what I'd look good in better than I do," she said, eyeing Cagliostro's outfit. Compared to her, Amy really had no idea what looked good. All she had ever cared about was if they kept her warm and weren't likely to fall apart immediately.

17. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Nanachi froze mid-pace, their ears immediately turning straight up, as the young girl's words registered. Specifically, a few that reminded them of someone they had never wanted to think about again. An involuntary 'naaa' slipped from the Narehate as they found themselves less eager to follow the possible mini-Bonedrewd.

It was possible they were taking things out of context, but Nanachi wasn't stupid or paranoid. Usually. And 'making the most perfect bodies' wasn't a phrase used in many contexts. The girl's cutesy appearance and haughty, eccentric attitude were far less innocent now that they were, possibly stupidly, draw parallels between her and the monster an entire world away.

Nanachi slapped their cheeks suddenly, mushing them about as if to push the silly thoughts out of their head. "Naaa, you're just being stupid. Are you going to start being that paranoid now? She's just a stupid child." If she was just a child.

Either way, the Narehate was in no danger and the two weren't even aware they were being followed. If they were going to start being scared of every strange person they came across in this place, they'd spend more time on-edge than they did back in the Abyss. The brief moment of largely unfounded paranoia over, Nanachi continued to follow and listen.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  18. Cagliostro

Cute Alchemist ~
    Race:
    Artificial Pretty Girl~
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Hm, I'll draw up some designs when we get back and then you can pick your favorites from it then. I prefer things that are both comfortable and easy on the eyes, you gotta have both flash and practicality when you're a genius like me." Rather enjoying the line of conversation as it was, the girl paused for a fraction of a second before resuming her steps as though nothing had happened.

Still, the smile on her face had become rather wider... and more devious considering she had gotten news from her good Ouroboros that something was following behind them. Considering how she had let slip several key pieces of information that were probably not for the ears of strangers, the girl was already pondering on whether the option for 'threat disposal' was feasible or not.

The good snake on her person slipped into the ground like it was water, noiselessly and seamlessly before curling up and lying in wait like the ambush predator it was based off of. There would most certainly be a surprise once the Narehate came into that particular area for sure.

"In any case, what are you planning to buy once we get to town? Though we have the means to make all the money we ever need, one mustn't carelessly show off too much wealth after all. It's a sin to be rich without power." Talking as though nothing had happened, the actress decided to go on with the show since it was entertaining.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  19. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I can get behind practicality," Amy said, "I'd hate to stumble into something dangerous and trip over a skirt just because I'm not used to them." That was, sadly, a real possibility. She had no experience with much other than pants, so a skirt could cause her serious problems if she ever needed mobility.

Amy remained completely oblivious to the conflict around her. Everything was much too subtle for her to pick up on, particularly while still riding the high of being cured. Nothing in Pandora seemed like a threat when her greatest danger was being cured for her.

So instead, she hummed in thought at Cagliostro's question. "I'm hoping for something that's broken in some way," she said, "maybe a toy or something simple like that. Just something I can tinker with when I need something to do with my hands."

20. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Surviving within the Abyss, and surviving alone even more so, was a situation that forced one to either learn quickly or die. You had to be constantly aware of your surroundings, constantly watching and listening, and able to react quickly and intelligently to sudden, possible minute, changes in your environment.

Which was how, even at a distance and lacking their usual sixth sense, Nanachi was able to catch what looked like a brief pause from the young girl. They froze for a moment themselves, the previously dismissed worries briefly rising in their mind once again. It was ridiculous, though. People were prone to stopping all the time, and it was no sure sign that they had noticed anything. Especially since they were lurking outside of even the furthest distance a person could feasibly hear.

Still, Nanachi slowed slightly to allow the distance between themselves and the two grow a little larger. Just in case. With this done, they relaxed once again and continued as they had before; Seeing nothing to be worried about. And so, when the Narehate finally walked over where Cagliostro's snake lurked, they were completely unaware and unready.

Amy Wellard likes this.