HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Alice organized her Wonderland

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Alice, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Alice

Alice Player

Pro. Dog Cuddler, Part-time Poet, High Sea Pirate
    Race:
    You summoned me, you should know
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Alice

"If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds,
    just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky,
    doubting you."

[​IMG]

"Step 1: Separate your lips.
    Step 2: Use facial muscles to pull back corners of mouth.
    Step 3: Widen your eyes.
    This is how to be happy."

About Me
    Hey, I'm Alice, I'm 20 years old and I can't get enough of life.
    Currently studying Forensic Psychology, I am planning to quit next year and work at a Zoo for a while before possibly picking up university again but this time in Folklore/Celtic Studies in Ireland, where I also want to get my sailing license and possibly do the whole coast-guard thing, too.
    I am the worst at handling technology of any kind, I enjoy writing short-stories and occasionally modern poetry, my favorite books are mostly to be found in the 'classics' section and I think dogs are better than people.
    A list of things I like: hiking, dogs, freckles, podcasts, sunflowers, books, photography, sauna-visits, bubble baths, cacti, building model ships, tattoos, curvy girls, fudge, motorcycles, red ale and cider, rollercoasters, honey, pillows, all things antique, Irish pubs, black coffee, folklore, all kinds of tea, Steampunk, travelling, Halloween, medieval festivals, pirates, bagpipes, cake, the smell of old books, costumes, curly hair, ice cream, rain and thunderstorms, octopus and squids and jellyfish, mead, (acoustic) pub crawls, mermaids (not the fairytale kind), satyrs/fauns
    A list of things I dislike: Chocolate, Vanilla, Summer, modern art or/and design, white walls, hospitals, spiderwebs, medication, maths, the fact that my leg hair always grows back, loud noise, sugar in my tea or coffee or any other drink unless it's a cocktail, modern technology, the fact that things cost money, abbreviations, emojis
    A list of things which cannot be sorted into 'like' or 'dislike': Everything else

Roleplay Preferences
    • I tend to write pretty long posts and don't expect my roleplay partners to make their posts equally long - but please no one-liners (unless it's a text thread, duh). Give me at least a paragraph or two to work with please. I need insight into a character to be able to write something proper. Don't only tell me what the character does physically but describe how they are feeling, what is going through their head - I want to get to know them
    • I love slow and deep-rooted character development! Sometimes characters just click right away and things go quicker but insta-romance or the-like isn't my thing. I like my plots and characters complex and multi-layered, same applies for their relationships
    • I'm a sucker for drama and suffering as long as we discuss it beforehand and there is actually something to gain from it/proper reason to go there
    • Random starter threads are always welcome! If you have an idea and you randomly start a thread for me, I'll be happy about it
    • When there is nothing left to talk or write about, let's finish the thread and think about a new one if desired - but please let's not draw out threads which have already ran out of plot entirely
    • I love creative, weird, and complex plots but I am mostly a sucker for complex characters and character-interaction. If I think that two characters would come to have a very interesting interaction, I will take pretty much any plot to have them meet, really
    • I live for all of the AUs. So, really, any AU ideas? Lemme know please. Seriously. AUs are the best thing.
    • Here's more!

Limits
    There's hardly any, to be honest. I might be more selective about who I play very dark plots with, but that always depends on what exactly the plot is about.
    Rape is a tricky topic but I am not unwilling to write about it.
    The only thing on this list would probably be explicit sexual content, not because I am uncomfortable with it but simply because I often think that detailed descriptions tend to ruin the overall atmosphere and make things less appealing rather than more appealing when it comes to sexual acts. However, since this is not allowed on this forum anyway (as far as I know?), this point becomes irrelevant ^^

Activity
    Activity varies from character to character and heavily depends on my muse-level, writer's block issues, how stressful real-life is at the time, and so on.
    I have slower and faster characters and I will try to keep the sorting below up to date.

I am willing to wait for round about 2 months, but afterwards it gets difficult because I simply tend to forget what the thread had been about in the first place and I struggle to get into the right mindset for the plot. Then I would rather just cut it off and start a new thread.
    Note: We all have private lives and I totally respect that. I am fine with waiting and changing stuff and whatever as long as the player informs me about what is going on and everyone involved knows what the deal is.
    Equally, if I am taking too long chances are I have forgotten about it - don't be shy about contacting me when you'd like something changed about one of my replies or I have not replied at all yet or *add reason here*

Current Character Activity status:
    John Silver (fast)
    Jace Herondale (medium)
    Eliot Waugh (medium to slow)
    Elias Ryker (slow)​

PS
    I am not a native speaker and even though I'm trying, improvement is always possible.
    If you happen to notice that I messed something up language/grammar-wise, please do me the favor and pm me about the correction. You can also find me on discord.
    I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    Also: I 'like' posts to let the player know I have read them and am not ignoring them, even if I happen to need some more time to reply

Check out my characters below!

#1 Alice, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    GhostOfHalloweenPast likes this.
  2. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Long John Silver

Black Sails

[​IMG] [​IMG]

" (...) No need to account for all my life's events in the context of a story
    that somehow defines me.
    Events, some of which, no one could divine any meaning from
    other than that the world is a place of unending horrors."

_____________________________________________________________​

John Silver is the man everybody wants to be. Well, kind of…
    He's good looking, charming and outgoing, making friends wherever he goes and causing trouble all the same. It seems like life comes easy to him but things are often not what they seem.
    Having suffered in his past and neglected all proper emotional relationships as a result, John has fought and lied and stolen his way through life as an utter individualist, only loyal to himself, always too clever for his own good.
    He is the nobody from nowhere, an escapist in most aspects of life.
    Refusing to be defined by narrative, he is a man who declines his own story, living only in the present and neglecting past and future alike.
    But at some point life happened to John Silver – he fell in love, twice, both times beyond his understanding.
    He found a family, he lost a limb, he went to war, he became a (pirate) king, he lost his friends, he lost his love(s), and he returned a little wiser, a changed man, and yet the same at core.
    Most of all though, he grew tired.
    John is a complex man who is insecure about a lot of things in life.
    And he is a damn good actor.

A list of words
    • Pirate King
    • Handicapped
    • Opportunist
    • Pathological Liar
    • Insecurities™
    • Bisexual
    • Pragmatist
    • Trauma Survivor
    • Optimist
    • Contradictory
    • Proud
    • Adaptive
    • So pretty

Friends

Enemies

Lovers

Currently and Plots

Spring Season Things!

#2 Alice, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018 at 7:22 AM
  3. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Eliot Waugh

The Magicians

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Becoming me was the greatest creative project of my life."

WIP
    blah blah blah
    text
    and things

A list of words
    • Magician
    • Tragic Gay
    • Addict
    • Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms
    • Style always on point
    • Hot Mess
    • Powerful
    • Troubled past
    • Smart
    • A* friend
    • Opinion on everything
    • Brave
    • Future king
    • Suppressed emotions

Friends

Enemies

Lovers

Currently and Plots

#3 Alice, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018 at 7:24 AM
  4. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Jace Herondale

Shadowhunters

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Watching me play Scrabble is enough to make most women swoon.
    Imagine if I actually put in some effort."

Arrogant and cheeky, Jace is one of the cases of "don't judge a book by its cover", or "there's more than meets the eye".
    Yes, he is utterly full of himself and pretty much knows no shame, however, he is also a brilliant fighter and soldier and he has his fair share of demons to battle (literal and metaphorical ones).
    Jace's story is one of abuse and heavy trauma which has surely contributed to making him the outstanding warrior he is now. He likes to flirt, drink and fight but he also cares deeply for his family and friends and is much more vulnerable than he lets on.
    Jace is a Shadowhunter (from one of the most influencial, leading families), which, in his world, means that he is an angel-blooded human whose purpose is to hunt demons and protect humanity from them, to put it plainly. He's been trained for it all his life.

A list of words
    • Nephilim with pure angel blood
    • Soldier
    • Childhood Trauma + abuse
    • Lookin' better in black (or, you know, shirtless???)
    • Hot Mess
    • Brother and parabatai
    • Arrogant
    • Lover
    • Pianist
    • Insecure
    • The falcon thing
    • 4 last names
    • Daddy Issues
    • Afraid of ducks

Friends

Enemies

Lovers

Currently and Plots

Note: (because it seemed necessary at this point)
    I have heard about the drama which revolves around Dominic Sherwood but, in my opinion, judging a character by the actor who plays them is not appropriate.
    Playing Jace doesn't mean I support what Sherwood says/does - it merely means I found a liking in the character. I, frankly, don't give a flying fuck about who portrays him.
    Thank you for your time.

#4 Alice, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    GhostOfHalloweenPast likes this.
  5. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Elias Ryker

Altered Carbon

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"I didn't kill anyone."

WIP
    words and info and things
    sad cop from cyberpunk future
    and stuff

A list of words
    • Cop from the future
    • Addict
    • Intelligent
    • Determined
    • Driven
    • Low-key paranoid
    • Grief-stricken
    • Hot Mess
    • Obsessive
    • Human Wreck
    • Truth-seeking
    • Reckless
    • Brave
    • Emotional

Friends

Enemies

Lovers

Currently and Plots

#5 Alice, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. Loren

Loren Player

@John Silver

Ahhhhhh. So I’ve basically had this open in a tab all week just staring at it. I binged all of Black Sails in like a week (it was intenseeee) and I loved John Silver. And your John is amazing and I must plot with him! Except...I can’t figure out any super good reasons for either of my dweebs to run into him.

Daryl Dixon’s mostly in Misty Hollow. He goes out hunting a lot, is pretty handy with a crossbow. He’s not very social though – maybe he could run into Silver out in the woods or something (IDK why Silver would be there?). He’s kind of wary of strangers atm because a lot of bad crap has been happening to team fam so like....beware?? They also both have long locks but Silver’s are much more luxurious and Daryl honestly hasn’t grasped the concept of using shampoo. Or showers. Give him some tips Silver!!

Then I have Alec. He’s a Shadowhunter (he has runes on his skin and they give him ~powers~ like super speed and accuracy and strength~) and he hunts demons. Maybe Silver gets caught up by a demon and Alec swoops in to save the day? ​

Alice likes this.
  7. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    @Loren

oh my God. a black sails fan.
    -drapes blanket over your shoulders and hands you all the cookies-
    it's so good. more people should appreciate it. oh my god.
    we need to discuss what you thought of that ending, okay? okay, cool, great.
    (we need more black sails characters please, they're all so amazing I can't)

John/Daryl
    Okay so I saw like 3? 4? seasons of the walking dead and Daryl is probably the character I remember best because crossbows are cool xD
    I can't really judge but from how I remember him I feel like those two might clash. Which doesn't have to be bad, of course, because drama.
    And the location wouldn't be much of a problem since Silver will be up on his feet and travelling a lot being the restless sad poodle he is.
    We could work something out here BUT -

John/Alec
    - I feel like those two miight work better. Never read nor seen mortal instruments but John's met Raphael so that's...something? xD
    Besides, I adoreeee demons and would love to somehow get John involved with one, in whatever way.
    All the drama and fighting and cool demon things <3

I would be fine with either one though, whatever you've got more muse for at the moment.
    If you've got discord we can discuss the options over discord? ^^

GhostOfHalloweenPast and Loren like this.
  8. Dream

Dream Player

@Alice Hey-ooooo. So I had a quick idea that I wanted to throw by you. Or specifically, my character Chara at John Silver. Mostly because Chara is currently at the orphanage, and it is most likely that they hate mildly dislike him for several reasons! First off, the kid more than dislikes their own species - which gives a mark against him straight off, that isn't against Lúcio, the other caretaker. The second is that he helps with an orphange. Before Chara fell down, in my headcanons galore category, they haven't been the biggest fan of them. I'd imagine Chara would be giving this guy a rough time whenever and if they ever had to interact.

Butttt that's just my silly thoughts I thought I would throw at you.

Alice likes this.
  9. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    @Dream

Chara & John

Hey there!
    Thanks for contacting me I'm always happy for plots, especially when it comes to my tragic poodle pirate here and especially when it involves his work at the orphanage.

John will be disappointed that Chara won't like him and he will certainly try whatever he can to get to know them better and understand why they don't like him and eventually try to fix that.
    He's quite invested in this job (because he's been raised in an orphanage too just that back in his time those places were awful. so that's interesting enough by itself seeing as he'd share that dislike towards orphanages in general with Chara but he's working there to improve that) and gets along really well with pretty much all of the other kids and staff - he generally gets along very well with people - so it would be interesting to see him handle a kid who doesn't seem to like him!

Basically I would love to thread this out and see how it goes ^^

...there is just one tiny problem that I am super sorry about.
    I've got John involved in a lot of bigger plots this season and I'm drowning in threads for him. Don't get me wrong, I love them all but I have 2 other characters to tend to and I am struggling to keep up at the moment.
    Which is why I have decided not to give Silver any more threads this season - so I can finish off the plots I have for him for this season without stressing about it and open him up for new threads next season again.

I'm really sorry this is such bad timing now.
    But if you would still be interested and it wouldn't be too late for you, I would love to thread this out next season.
    I totally understand if that's too late for you though ><

Let me know what you think!

Dream likes this.
  10. Dream

Dream Player

@Alice Cool! I'd love to see how that goes out.

And heck no, that's totally fine with me! I can totally understand being drowned in threads, so it's totally fine: I'm up for doing this next season for sure. there's no need to apologize at all, heh. x3 I look forward to it in the next season.

Alice likes this.
  11. DaughterOfTheClayr

@Jace Herondale Okay, so I have a character who isn't accepted yet (Alex Treveney) but also really needs friends. Also, she's a supernatural from a world where most hunters are basically Valentine, so her meeting Jace is just a recipe for hilarious disaster.

Alice likes this.
  12. Alice

Alice Player

Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    @DaughterOfTheClayr
    I am always up for hilarious disaster! :D
    When your character gets accepted, maybe hit me up on discord so we can plot something for those two?

DaughterOfTheClayr likes this.