HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private all the stories are true

Discussion in 'Pandora Hospital' started by Isabelle Lightwood, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Isabelle Lightwood

Isabelle Lightwood The Mortal Instruments

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    May 31st || Late at Night || @Jonathan E. Reid

[​IMG]

It was late at night and Izzy had gotten into a spot of bother. The demon she had killed earlier on in the day had a brother - bigger, uglier and far more deadly - who had opted for revenge. It had blended into the shadows and had pounced on Izzy fairly easily. Much to her annoyance really.

So they had fought in a vicious battle and with Izzy on recovery from her addiction and thus weaker than normal still, she had come out of it worse for wear. By the time she was able to rip the throat out of the demon, killing it, she had suffered deep lacerations on her shoulder near her chest, her lower abdomen and her leg. There was also fang marks in her throat from where the demon had tried biting her.

Without being able to activate her healing rune, Izzy had found herself at the local hospital as an in patient. To any of the mundanes, the runes on her body would appear invisible though for those with better eyesight, downworlders and those sorts, then there would be more difficulty hiding them.

"So how long will this take? I'm sure you've got more important patients to deal with that myself." Izzy offered - she wasn't the only one injured in the world after all.

Jonathan E. Reid likes this.
  2. Jonathan E. Reid

Doctor at Pandora Town Hospital
    Race:
    Ekon Vampire
    The night wasn’t too busy, for a hospital on the night shift. A few emergencies, a woman with a heart attack that was quickly stabilized. A baby with a common cold whose mother was new and freaked out a bit too much at the coughing and sniffling. A man who burnt his foot on what he called a George Foreman grill. He was also apparently high as a kite and thought about cooking bacon on said grill…. Then stepped on it.

It took every ounce of professionalism not to laugh at him and to apply the burn cream and bandages, sending him on his way with his crutches. Then and only then did he make it to the nurse’s station to explode into giggles with the attending nurse.

Combine that with a man who had drank enough to pass out whose friends were kind enough to bring him in rather than let him sleep it off: and it was uneventful for a night at Pandora Town Hospital.

In fact: he thought at the witching hour of night there would be a slowed drawl of activity…. When he was called to an emergency room. Nineteen year old female with lacerations to her shoulder, abdomen, and leg. Stable condition, but obviously in need of stitches. Regardless of bringing herself into the hospital and insisting to the nurse she could wait.

He entered the room, already his senses picking up on the blood in the air. A mixture of her own strangely sweet-smelling blood, and something else’s that smelled, quite frankly, of a bad case of trench foot. Luckily for her he’d smelled a lot of trench foot during his days in the war: he showed no signs of gagging as he stepped forward.

”Every patient is important, Miss.” He told her, baritone voice calm as he took a seat next to the exam table she was sitting upon. ”And if my eyes deceive me: it looks like you’ll at least need a few stitches before I let you out of this room and on your way.” He stated, carefully reaching first to take a look at her shoulder, peeling her shirt away carefully to take a look at just how deep that went. Damn: how she wasn’t passed out from pain he had no idea.

”I’m Dr. Reid.” He told her calmly, gently pressing at the area to check for puss or infection. ”Doesn’t this hurt at all?.... and I don’t suppose you tell me what did this.” It might be some poisonous thing. This was Pandora, after all.

Isabelle Lightwood likes this.
  3. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

This pain was nothing she couldn't handle - she had felt worse, much worse and considering it was barely half of the pain that caused her to become hooked on yin fen was saying something. She could handle this. She would handle it.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Izzy waited. Nephilim blood dripped from her wounds, already streaky lines against her shirt and skin. It wasn't long before the sound of footsteps were heard and the doctor entered to which Izzy looked up and over towards him.

Well he was rather cute. Izzy tilted her head, her dark gaze watching, the playful smirk on her features which often got her into trouble. "Call me Izzy. Everyone else does." Izzy's smirk faded as he pulled her shirt away from the wound as it sent a sliver of pain to shoot through.

"I've had worse." Izzy replied. Getting hurt happened as a shadowhunter, no matter how good you were. His question of what it was had been expected and although she had been told about Pandora, just telling anyone about demons wasn't something she did. Shadowhunters worked in secrecy. "Hazards from the job you know?"

She understood why the question was asked but even so. Old habits and all.

4. Jonathan E. Reid

Race:
    Ekon Vampire
    ‘Izzy’ didn’t look to be in the kind of work that would end up with severely deep lacerations across her body. But Jonathan tried not to judge: this was Pandora after all. Everything within the month he had been here had been a new exploration into uncharted waters. He smiled regardless, unaware that he had been regulated as ‘cute’ status, and oblivious to her playful smirk in his own professionalism. ”Izzy it is then.”

”And what kind of work are you into that has lead you into… this particular mess. Wrestling broken glassware?” He asked lightly, turning away and taking a syringe filled with a mild pain reliever and anti-bacterial agent held within. ”This will help numb the pain.” He told her, and then injected the syringe carefully into her shoulder muscle after a careful swap with a cotton ball.

”Take off your shirt and lay back.” He instructed, not even thinking about anything inappropriate at all. She had two wounds on her shoulder and lower abdomen. The one of the lower didn’t look like it needed stitching but it needed a good cleaning. The one near her shoulder defiantly did so. He took a quick once over of the one on her leg. That one looked a bit more nasty. Shoulder then leg.

As she laid back with shirt off, and let the drug do it’s work (or unwork-did pain relievers work on her? He’d find out). He got out the sutures and thread. And also some anti-bacterial cream and a wad of bandages.

5. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Like Izzy liked to say, she was full of surprises. Not looking like a fighter at times was often an advantage as some would underestimate her. By the time they realized it was usually when they were on the ground looking up at her with a smirk.

"It had teeth that cut like glass." Izzy commented dryly without revealing too much in terms of what it was. A small hiss as she felt the tip of the needle prick her skin and then slowly as the pain became more tolerable. Whatever had been in the demon's saliva had stopped the iratze from working but not normal medicine.

That smirk was back upon her features as his instructions were met. "For you, gladly." Izzy teased, fingers curled around the lower hem of her shirt before she pulled it up and over her head. Setting it aside she shuffled along the bed and then lay down. The bed sheets were cool against her bare skin and if anyone felt embarrassed by her being half naked it wasn't her.

"So how long have you worked in the medical field for?" She asked curiously. Good conversation starter if any.

6. Jonathan E. Reid

Race:
    Ekon Vampire
    Jonathan smiled slightly as it was revealed that whatever it was had teeth that cut like glass. ”So you were bitten by something. Can I guess at what it was?” He asked, as he turned and threw the used syringe away into the bin marked with hazardous material. A strange invention of going from metal syringes to plastic: the methodology of disposing of them was quite different. Though he preferred this more modern method. Less chance of more disease this way.

”How about…. A particularly ferocious kitten.” He stated, his first guess more of a laugh. But if he played his cards right he might get a few more hints. Any knowledge could help him better treat her, and he sometimes wished patients would remember that he would confidentially keep the reason behind their wounds from the authorities.

He once again let the teasing go right over his head. In a professional focus he was more concerned about the woman’s wounds than about whatever sexuality she was professing. Weaker men would have a harder time, but those weaker men were not Doctors.

Jonathan started by carefully cleaning the area of her shoulder off, making sure to get the area clean of that rather foul smelling blood (that he suspected was whatever had attacked her, she had clearly fought back). Satisfied that she was particularly numbed enough and the area clear enough: he picked up the needle and carefully began suturing.

She supplied the conversation before he could start. Suturing was careful work, made better by conversation to distract people from the strange pull of their own skin being manipulated back together.

”Oh it’s probably been around fifteen years now.” He’d been a definition prodigy: accepted into university earlier than the norm. Holding seminars for fellow physicians in New York and Paris at a far younger age than anyone else in the room. ”About four of those years spent as a surgeon on the edge of trench warfare so….” He grinned at her good naturedly: ”You’ve had worse, and I’ve seen worse than this.”

People he treated were usually relatively interested in the fact that he’d been a Doctor during (what they often referred to as) World War I. Which begged the question that if he was in ‘WWI’, was there a World War II or III? Was there honestly a sequel to such horror and bloodshed?

He thought about mentioning that whatever she fought had blood that smelled like trenchfoot. But that didn’t seem wise to point out that he could smell blood. Instead, he calmly finished suturing the lacerations on the shoulder, noting that she had several more tattoos of strange abstract design twisted across her body.

”Well you are lucky in the fact that the creature’s claws didn’t slash any of your ink.” Nothing caused more complaints than someone with tattoos who found out he had to stitch over them, causing a scar across the ‘I <3 Mom’. ”Do they mean anything special?”

7. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"A giant ferocious kitten who didn't like have her snout booped." A joke of course but the reality was, most had no clue that demons existed. Part of the Accords was to make sure to not reveal the truth unless it was unavoidable.

The amount of time he'd been a doctor wasn't what was alarming but the fact he mentioned warfare. He didn't seem all that old and so she wondered how old he'd been when going to war. For her she was 19 and been through many battles and gotten close to having war break out between shadowhunters and downworlders.

It brought a pang of sympathy. "So you're good and can work under pressure." Easier to focus on the gentle teasing rather than the grim horrors of war and death.

Izzy had thought the doctor was a mundane. That was wrong as he commented on her runes. Mistaken for tattoos which only made her want to laugh a little though it would probably come across as being rude.

This changed everything. Mundanes couldn't see her markings. Those with the Sight, those with better senses could.

"That's because it's not ink." Izzy replied. "They're runes." Burned into her skin by the use of a stele and the more permanent ones were able to be activated at any point. Again by using a stele. She couldn't just will the runes to work. "They have different effects when activated."

She stared at him with a steely gaze. "The fact you can see them means you're not a mundane." Depending on what he was and if he knew the existence of downworlders then she would tell him what she had fought.

8. Jonathan E. Reid

Race:
    Ekon Vampire
    The Doctor smiled slightly as she insisted it was indeed a kitten that didn’t like having it’s…. ‘snout booped’. Not a phrase he was used to hearing. He had this strange image of the girl screaming ‘boop’ at a giant cat monster as it tried to tear her apart. It was both weird and hilarious, and he immediately decided to dismiss it. ”Could you tell me if it was…. Foaming at the mouth? Acting odd?” Rabies cases. Often times if someone was hesitant to talk about some animal that bit them it was a trusted animal, and the cause was rabies. Which needed instant treatment before the disease set in.

Didn’t look like any animal he’d seen. But this was Pandora, as the saying kept repeating in his head. There was no end of the mysterious animals that dwelt here.

She didn’t react as people usually did when he told him he’d been in a war. Sometimes they asked where he was stationed, or they mention that they were in a war/their family was. Or they started belting him with World War I history like he hadn’t been there himself. She merely commented that it meant that he was good and could work under pressure. He laughed distantly: ”Something along those lines.” There were several times where German artillery got a tad too close to the tents with the red cross upon them. German artillery didn’t care if you had a patient with an urgent heart surgery. And neither should you.

He listened absently as she explained that her tattoos were not mere body art: but ‘runes’. And as he did so, he continued suturing her shoulder wound, nodding absently to show his understanding. Runes: like the people in Viking Scandinavia who would put certain symbols on their body to pay respect to their own mythology. Except this sounded a bit more magical in origin. ”I’m assuming they help you fight rampaging kitten monsters.” He inquired, as he finished his first suturing. ”One down, two more to go.”

He wiped it carefully clean, planning to leave the wrapping for last as he moved to the second area: the one in her lower abdomen. ”This one doesn’t look too deep. I think I’ll use a derma bond instead….” Less stitches she had to come back and take out the better. And less chance of scaring.

He was cleaning the area around her abdomen with disinfectant, making sure there wasn’t anything in there besides her own blood and body bacteria, when she made a comment regarding his ability to see her runes. He blinked, looking up and meeting her steely gaze. No more playful nor happily teasing over her encounters with kittens. Unfortunately he did not understand the terminology. ”I…. beg your pardon? A mundane?”

From the way she was looking at him, she was expecting him to be this type of…. ‘mundane’. But he had no idea what that was.

9. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Talking about a ferocious kitten probably wasn't the best idea. She knew what he was getting at with his question and she looked at him with an arched eyebrow. Time to show she wasn't just a pretty face. "No foaming at the mouth, no bloodshot eyes. That could indicate rabies."

She wasn't just a fighter. She was also well versed and intelligent though not many caught on that quickly due to her tendency to be a little aloof.

Of course he wouldn't know what she was talking about when she mentioned 'mundane,' it was a term used in her world and since he didn't recognize her runes it was safe to say he wasn't from there. "Sorry. A mundane is a regular human. They don't know much, if anything at all, about the downworld. Vampires, werewolves, demons, etc." Izzy explained.

"You can see them so telling you won't break any of the Accords. But what I did fight was a demon from my world. His saliva stripped the iratze of it's effectiveness." Izzy pointed to the rune she was talking about.

10. Jonathan E. Reid

Race:
    Ekon Vampire
    Jonathan noticed her impatient tone: like she took offense to his question about being bitten by something that was not very good for her health and trying to hide it from her physician in an act of foolishness. He managed a smile, years of perfecting bedside manner. ”Just checking.” He assured her. After all: he was her physician currently. He’d ask every patient who came in with bite or slash marks the same question.

Though considering the size of these, he was starting to question if she wasn’t attacked by a tiger. Not just a kitten.

He would find out of course, exactly why she was looking at him with a new kind of steely look when she explained what a ‘mundane’ was. A human. He froze for a moment as she listed off the supernatural creatures of his world that were not mundane….. vampires. ”….. I see.” She did not ask what type of creature he was. But he decided to confirm, ”No, I suppose I am not ‘mundane’.” He carefully squeeze the derma onto a swab, carefully rubbing the skin glue across the worse of her slashes on her abdomen.

”No sit ups, crunches, or any kind of abdominal work out for at least three days.” He warned as he spread the substance. That would be enough time for the derma bond to work it’s magic. Unlike stitches that needed to be taken out later, this would act like a skin glue. Something he found fascinating on it’s own.

”A demon, hm?” Curious. He didn’t know if there were demons in his world, of course. Even still: he was tempted to ask about what a demon was in her world. A denizen of hell? Some great monster type creature? ”Is it the saliva I’m smelling that reeks of something rotten?” He inquired. He thought it was blood but perhaps it was that.

”One more to go.” He stated, calmly gesturing for her to sit up, carefully helping her as he grabbed some bandages. Wrapping first her shoulder and securing it, then her abdomen. Careful not to disrupt his handiwork.

11. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

She thought that by opening up the door he might tell her what he was. Alas that didn't work and she guessed that not everyone would be that open in telling what they were. It was okay, she wasn't offended - far from it. "You don't have to tell me what you are. We can simply go with cute doctor." He was helping her, he wasn't trying to rip her throat out.

"That puts a dent in my schedule." She pouted a little but lay back a little as he continued his work. Training would have to go on hold unless the saliva would evaporate from her system before the three days were over.

"Correct. Big, nasty, only interest is killing others." Izzy was hardly surprised he could smell it which didn't tell her what he was. Just that it confirmed what she knew that he wasn't a mundane. Not to mention she could just smell the saliva though it was far less pungent than what it was for the doctor.

Pulling herself up into a sitting position, Izzy remained as still as she could. "Yes, that is what you can smell. One reason why we tend to take long, hot showers after a battle." Though her tone was teasing, there was an element of truth to it. And while she didn't mind getting dirt and blood on her, she also liked to be clean.

Demon saliva coating her in a scent of rotten meat? Not nice at all.

"I'm sorry you're smelling it."

12. Jonathan E. Reid

Race:
    Ekon Vampire
    Jonathan was expecting trouble. He was expecting the woman to pry into what kind of species he was that he could see her usually-invisible to the human eye tattoos. This world was far more open than the world he’d come from. To the point where even humans knew of the supernatural existing, and had to live side-by-side. Some humans insisted they had the right to know who… or rather ‘what’ they were doing business with. And some supernatural creatures were more than happy to invest their culture into Pandora Town and stand together to claim ‘supernatural and proud’.

And while the entire culture of Pandora and smaller Pandora Town was a fascinating subject…. Jonathan wasn’t sure he was ready to go to vampire night clubs or pro-supernatural marches. He was not proud of what he was. Being an Ekon was like living a constant nightmare: one full of blood and death all around him. He hated it, didn’t revel in it, and the idea that humans would accept being healed by a vampire was laughable.

Still, she amazingly did not pry. He let the idea drop from her head, instead choosing to smile. ”I cannot say I’ve ever heard that descriptor concerning my person before.” But then again, he came from a different time and world than this lady had. His nose was crooked, and had a slight scar across the bridge, from boxing in college. His face was pale where it had once been a healthy human color. And his eyes a strange pale that were indicative of becoming an Ekon. And if one were to look closely at the white of his eye they’d see a fringe of red across the outskirts. A red that took completely over the white of his eyes the moment he fed, and then reduced as the days passed.

He preferred ‘cute doctor’ to ‘creepy leech’, in any case.

Dr. Reid merely looked over the dermabond as she complained about her schedule. ”Well unless you want to tear my handiwork, Miss Izzy.” He drawled, ”You’ll be seeing this hospital room several more times.” Or she’d do it in the day and get the day shift. He could promise no ‘cute’ doctors on the day shift.

He was much more interested in the concept of ‘demons’. She insisted they were mindless monsters that killed indiscriminately, and he felt something uncomfortable twist in his stomach. Was she right? Or was she like the Guard of Prewin, who claimed the same about vampires like himself in his own world?

”Interesting…. I cannot say demons exist in my own world. Are they completely without intelligence?” Meaning: were they like skals, that lost their sanity to the bloodlust and putting them down was a mercy?

”You can always take a shower here before you are scheduled to go home.” He informed her, a grin appearing on his face as he finished bandaging and added: ”But then for the clean clothes you’ll be subject to the height of fashion: hospital scrubs.” Not exactly what one would actually call the heights of fashion, indeed. Considering the woman’s clothing she came in with she was particularly more modern-conscious about what she wore.

”Alright then: you can put your shirt back on. I need to look at that leg wound so….” The pants had to go. ”If you prefer I can give you a hospital gown?” Some people were more particular about nudity than others, particularly anything below the belt. Though so far she’d shown she wasn’t exactly the most modest patient.