HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Along for the Ride | North's Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by North, Dec 6, 2017.

1. North

North Player

North's Organizer

Plays: Peter Quill, Poe Dameron

[​IMG]

About Me
    Hey, everyone! Some of you most likely knew me as Dakota, but I go by North now just to make everything a bit more uniform. I'm a 21 year-old college student who's studying political science. I have a job/career that has nothing to do with my major at all, so I'm living the typical liberal arts student kind of life. I'm a pretty big nerd when it comes to a lot of things: movies, comics, and video games being what I'm most passionate about. I've been writing on boards since I was about 11. If any of you encountered me around that time, I apologize. Having read my old stuff, I'm not sure how anyone replied to any of my stuff. I've also been on this site a number of times as number of different characters. I was even here before Pandora got its own site. Pandora is a place that I keep coming back to over and over again So, yeah, I've been around for a very long time, and I'm looking forward to writing with all of you!

What kind of plots/threads do you prefer?
    Really, I'm down for pretty much everything. I do hold a special place for threads that are heavy in character development. I like to see characters grow when it comes to plotting things out. Leaving an actual mark on both characters that they will carry going forward in the world. Other than that, I am more than up for anything that is thrown at me. I don't say no to any kind of thread/plot.

How do you prefer to handle combat and injuries?
    I'm fine with writing combat, but I feel things flow a lot better when an agreed upon result for the combat is made. If you have any end goal, it really helps creating the road that I take to get there. I am also fine with my characters getting injured, as I tend to play those who get into fights quite a bit. Again, it falls under the same umbrella as combat. Make sure both parties are aware of what happens.

What are your post length preferences?
    I tend to write medium length posts, but I usually feed off whatever is given to me. If it's a long post, I can typically respond to it. It does take me a little bit longer to write those, as I'm not the fastest at replying in the world. But I can handle anything that is thrown at me.

How often do you like to reply to threads?
    I can be a little bit on the slow side when it comes to replying, but I do try to get a reply up within the next few days. Most likely I won't be replying same day, but I will try my hardest. My muse comes and goes at odd times.

How long are you willing to wait for a reply?
    Doesn't matter to me. I can be slow at replying, so I don't have any room to judge anyone for taking a little bit to reply.

How do you feel about group threads?
    As long as they are organized and people have a realistic expectation for replying, they are golden. Things just need plotted out ahead of time to avoid any confusion.

How do you feel about godmoding/powerplaying?
    Nah. Don't.

How do you feel about post-splicing? (i.e. Someone replying to each piece of dialogue in your post separately)
    I'm not one to tell someone how they should create their post. If it helps with your flow, go ahead. No big deal to me!

Spontaneous or Pre-planned plots?
    Pre-planned is usually what I prefer, but I can do spontaneous. Just a bit easier for me to plan things out.

Anything else?
    I'm an easy guy to get along with when it comes to rp'ing. I ain't picky, and I most likely never will be. If you want to plot, feel free to hit me up on my Discord (North#4004). I am more likely to respond there, but I will respond to replies in this thread.

Check out my characters below!

#1 North, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. North

North Player

Peter Quill

Marvel Universe

[​IMG]

CHARACTER INFO

Poe Dameron

Star Wars

[​IMG]

CHARACTER INFO

#2 North, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. Carnelian

Carnelian Till the day when all are one

Former employee of Woolworths
    Race:
    Fangirl
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    You still up for that Xmas thread with Rocket?

4. Andii

Andii Player

Hihi North! I thought I'd poke you with some ideas. If you'd like to know more about any of my bbies you can find them here! Feel free to edit/throw out the window anything that doesn't work, I'm just throwing some ideas out!

Peter & Brunnhilde: These two are from the same universe, though they haven't met! Brunnhilde was in the latest Thor movie and is a Valkyrie who went on a bender for several hundred years. But I feel like they'd get along pretty easily. Neither likes talking about serious things and would rather just enjoy life than worry about shit. Space ship drinking buddies?

Peter & Jo: Jo is my hunter from Supernatural and was a wanderer in Pandora for about two years as a Caravan guard. She made a bit of a name for herself during that time as being a general badass, ace shot who could also help out with weird "problems" on the side. People vanishing and being eaten by monsters, sort of problems. She wound up opening her own bar in Cascade Bay and still helps people out with those sorts of "problems". Maybe Peter could come see who this Jo is all about or need help with some sort of problem?

Peter & Toby: Toby is my private investigator half faerie potty mouth lady! She cusses, a lot. But she also tries to help people out and is a general badass who lives through a lot of things she shouldn't because she has freaky weird healing powers and durability. She still takes all the damage she can take, she just... lives through all of it and heals faster than she should!

Anyways, Toby is another person that can help solve problems, find people, etc. Maybe Peter's looking for someone he thinks might be in Pandora Town (good or bad) from back home and tries to get some help from her? Or they could both wind up in the same bar when a brawl breaks out. She's known for that too!

Peter & Wolfgang: Additionally there's Wolfgang. He's a pretty normal dude... raised by the Russian mob. Not that he ever liked them, but he's half Russian, half German, raised in Berlin and then got weird scifi like powers with a mind link with people. But none of those people are on Pandora! Wolfgang likes talking space with space people, but he only ever got introduced to it in Pandora. He's a chill, laid back guy who could easily joke and be buddies with Peter if you were looking for some bro friends for him!

5. North

North Player

@Carnelian Yes! I'm still down for that! So sorry for going absent randomly. Holidays and work got the better of me. Would you mind starting it up? I have a few threads I need to get to first.

@Andii

Peter & Brunnhilde - I absolutely loved Brunnhilde and was actually planning to throw Peter at her once holidays calmed down. Yes, these two would probably be the best drinking buddies in the world. Peter just needs more friends that aren't Yondu and a talking raccoon. Just needs better company, really. I'm sure they can easily meet on one of Peter's excursions to a bar.

Peter & Jo - Peter's actually looking to create some sort of group-for-hire when it comes to helping out with things that plague Pandora as whole. I think he could hear about Jo and come asking if she'd be willing to help out or not. Even if it is just as a consultant that he could turn to for help.

Peter & Toby - I think a bar fight would be a perfect way for these two to meet. Peter can jump in and help her when some people begin harassing her. Peter probably won't be the one instigating anything, but I could definitely see him aiding her in some way. If he sees what kind of powers she has, he'll probably be a little more curious and begin to ask a few questions.

Peter & Wolfgang - If Wolfgang likes to hear space, Peter's the right man. He'll just have to somehow sit through Peter talking about himself. If he can get through that, these two can definitely be good friends. Having someone who isn't an overly aggressive alien, a tree, or a raccoon would probably be good for Peter.

Andii and Carnelian like this.
  6. Carnelian

Carnelian Till the day when all are one

Former employee of Woolworths
    Race:
    Fangirl
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    All done, <3

North likes this.
  7. Mal & Solo: Okay two space pirate cowboys walk into a bar....no this isn't a joke, this is a need for Solo and Mal to meet because these two are a bit alike. A fair bit even. I think there is even potential for them to end up good friends. Both are thieves and smugglers, men considered very dishonest but they are also both hero's.

North likes this.
  8. Andii

Andii Player

Oh look you have another character I want to plot with. >> Let's finish these up and then I'll do another round for Han! <3

Peter & Brunnhilde: Sounds perfect! I can easily start this one! What dates does Peter have free?

Peter & Jo: Jo as a consultant and sometimes as someone who helps out with specific issues (i.e. werewolves, vampires, etc) is totally doable! This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for her! I'd love for them to have their first conversation about this at her bar, if that's cool?

Peter & Toby: Sweet dealio! I can also start this one easily! What other dates would be best?

Peter & Wolfgang: Wolfgang also needs more friends. His best friend vanished a bit ago. He's got another friend who recently became a foster dad and is getting married. He's basically just got his girlfriend he hangs out with now. Maybe Peter can find Wolfgang admiring the ship and they can start a convo from there?

North likes this.
  9. North

North Player

@Ada

Han & Mal
    - I agree 100% with these two meeting. Honestly, I think them meeting in a bar and having a conversation about being cool, space scoundrels would be awesome. Just them trying to one-up each other with each story.

@Andii

Peter & Brunnhilde
    - Anytime in January or February would work!

Peter & Jo - Sounds perfect to me! I can get this one set up if you want. Just tell me a date that works best, and I'll get to work.

Peter & Toby - Let's shoot for mid-January for this one if that works with you!

Peter & Wolfgang - Peter will be finding his ship towards the end of January, so he can definitely discover Wolfgang looking at it after that time. He's also more than willing to go on and on about how awesome his ship is.

10. Mal and Solo: Oh damn, these two in a room together, the universe is not ready. Also so much yus

11. North

North Player

@Ada

Hal & Mal - I mean, I've thought about having Han start up his own mail carrier/transportation/smuggling business out in Horizon. A partner wouldn't be a bad thing.

12. Ada

Ada Guest

Mal & Han: fehsdjfhdsjkhfkjdskf OMFG can you imagine those two running a smuggling/transport business together? xD either everyone will love them or hate them but end of the day they get shit done so stop crying and pay already. This needs to happen.

13. North

North Player

@Ada

Han & Mal - I'm super excited for this! We can have their initial meeting be in a bar in Horizon then go from there. Would you like to start or should I?

14. Ada

Ada Guest

I can start it :D

15. Andii

Andii Player

Peter & Brunnhilde: Perfect, I'll add it to my to do list and tag you when it's up!

Peter & Jo: Anytime in Jan works for her!

Peter & Toby: Also good! I'll add it to my list.

Peter & Wolfgang: ahaha, okay! Maybe I can start this one since Wolfgang is admiring. He's pretty free in Jan, so I can get this one started if you'd like!

16. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Im eager to thread with Han :) Where's he staying? *Looks* Ah Horizon. I can get Luke there easy.