HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete An Ever-Growing Nest of Demons

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Greed, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Greed

Greed Fullmetal Alchemist
    The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Her father sacrificed himself, huh? Considering she killed her mom, then that meant that the girl was an orphan, so she likely didn't leave anyone behind by coming to Pandora, unless she had siblings. That would make getting used to living in Pandora very easy, if nothing else.

When she asked him about how long he had been in Pandora, Greed began wondering just how long she must have thought he had been around. Usually tour guides would have been in the place they live in for more than two weeks, but not him, he had a pretty easy time adapting to this new life and the town wasn't that big anyway.

"Two weeks." He answered, lifting two fingers and still having a carefree smile, waiting to see what kind of reaction he would get.

2. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    That was a surprisingly short amount of time for someone to adapt so seamlessly to a new environment. Eleanor had to wonder what kind of life he carried back home if he was nonchalant about the situation. Maybe they had something in common.

"Do you miss your old life?" that raised further questions, actually. This place was able to trap people from all over the world and even apparently bring into it creatures that shouldn't even exist. Was this really the end of it? "Has anyone ever managed to escape out of Pandora?"

Greed likes this.
  3. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Her reaction wasn't particularly noteworthy, she was a pretty restrained kid after all. The question that came afterwards though, made Greed think back to his old subordinates once more. He had left them behind in the middle of an important operation and there was no telling what was gonna happen to them without him around to lead them. It had taken a lot of effort to get those guys working for him and losing them all like that did leave him a little peeved.

"I had built something for myself there, but that just means that I have to do it all over again here. It's been pretty easy so far" He shrugged, her question about being able to leave Pandora being something he was often asked by newcomers that he came across to the point that hearing her ask it made him sigh. "Honestly I don't know if people have escaped, but I don't care. I would be more interested in bringing people here than going back. This place is a lot more interesting."

#23 Greed, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Richard apparently didn't miss anyone from his world and was mostly worried about losing whatever he had built for himself back there. Escaping Pandora was difficult and something a lot of people had already discussed with him, it seemed, but he couldn't care less about it because he was happier here. That made two of them.

"
    I suppose you are right. There's nothing for me back home, and right now I only want to enjoy my stay on the surface."

Greed likes this.
  5. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Greed didn't really offer anything to Eleanor after her brief statement outside of a smile. This whole time he had been leading her to the beach and eventually they reached it. There, she would be able to see the people in the sand wearing very little in the way of clothing, some lying down on blankets on the floor, others playing games in the sand, pretty much everything Greed had said earlier. There were people all over the place just enjoying the day without any care in the world.

"People come to the beach when there's a lot of sunlight. It gets pretty hot so they don't wear much here, or they want to sunbath and, well, in order to sunbath you need to let the sunlight hit your skin." He turned to look at Eleanor and took another look at her pale face. "Sunbathing can help you get your skin darker, just make sure you get something called sunscreen, otherwise you might get yourself burned, especially since you're so pale."

He then glanced at the beach again just in time to witness some unfortunate dude get hit in the face by a volleyball that was spiked right at him. Greed couldn't help but laugh a little at the guy's misfortune and apparently neither could his friends, although they at least had the decency to check if he was alright.

"Also, sand gets in your clothes and it itches like hell, so that's another reason to wear as little as you can without this turning into a nudist beach."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  6. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Richard helpfully explained what people usually did in a beach. This included walking around half-naked, playing games, and purposefully laying under the Sun to darken their skin. That last bit was especially something Eleanor wanted to take no part in, of course. So better deal with that before it was too late.

"Where can I get a sun-screen? And why do people here want to look darker? They don't look pale."

Not far from there, some friends were playing a game and since it had a ball, Eleanor assumed it was the volleyball Richard had mentioned before. It didn't look that different from basketball, actually. Although the field resembled that of tennis. Either way it seemed like fun and Eleanor wished she could join them.

But something stood in her way. Well, something aside from her appearance, a very cold attitude, and not knowing the rules of volleyball. No, her main obstacle was her attire. Richard made it clear sand was rough and irritating and even with a diver's suit on it was better to wear something a little more loose.

"I don't have a swimsuit but I am wearing a sundress under this. Is that good enough?"

Greed likes this.
  7. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "You should be able to buy it in some store out here, it's not all that expensive. As for the people sunbathing..." Greed shrugged, he couldn't really know the intention of all the people there. "Some people just like to do it, or maybe they just think darker skin looks prettier, who knows."

She sure seemed interested particularly interested at the volleyball game going on, but her outfit would be getting in the way of that plan. Although... apparently she was wearing a dress under all that? Greed had to wonder in what state that dress was in considering how that diver's outfit was looking, or maybe it miraculously survived whatever she went through unscathed, who knows.

"Uh... Maybe? If you don't mind if some sand gets on it. You already planning to go in?"

#27 Greed, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  8. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Richard had no explanation for the surface dwellers' behavior and simply said some people like sunbathing and that was the end of it. The good news were that the sunscreen thing was readily available and very cheap.

But as Richard's surprise made clear, jumping right into a social situation like that with a sundress that most likely wasn't in the best of conditions, wasn't particularly smart.

"Uh, no. I was only wondering. Carry on."

Greed likes this.
  9. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Somehow that didn't feel like the truth, she probably wanted to go there but realized that it was better to wait until she had everything she needed so she wouldn't draw too much attention. That meant the tour was still on and now Greed had to think of somewhere else to bring her to.

"Alright, so, do you like reading? There's a small bookstore around that's pretty relaxed, you can even get free coffee there." He suggested, briefly taking his eyes off Eleanor to glance at a couple of ladies in bikinis passing by on the beach. "It's a good place to go to if you need somewhere to relax, since you can read the books there without having to buy them."

10. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The good news didn't seem to stop. Pandora, on top of being on the surface and having access to all that entailed, also had every good part of a normal city. In this case in particular, a library.

"I love reading, actually."

Apparently there was free coffee too. That reminded Eleanor that finding a source of income was a priority now. But whatever was going on in that library was more interesting.

"Free products? There must be a catch"

Greed likes this.
  11. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Greed had to wonder if there was a different type of literature down underwater, or maybe it wasn't all that different from the usual. Greed himself wasn't much of a reader, books usually took too long to get through and he didn't have the time for it, he would rather watch a movie or tv adaption and just carry on with life, even if people usually said the book was better.

"Good, then let's go make a quick trip to the bookstore then."

He began walking through town again, putting his hands in his pockets and glancing back at Eleanor once she mentioned that there had to be a catch for the free stuff they gave there.

"Well, they probably won't keep giving you a free cup of coffee everytime you want one, there's probably something like a 'one per day' policy otherwise the place would be more a coffee shop than a bookstore." He chuckled as he began imagining lines of people trying to get some free coffee at the bookstore.

12. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "I told you. 'The first one is for free' is a very old tactic. But perhaps they do just selflessly offer the coffee to their fellow man and no one is clever enough to abuse the system. I like thinking the surface is a better place than Rapture."

But this was a very interesting place nonetheless. Libraries were a reflection of the place and people they were part of. Just a few minutes would be enough to get an idea of how society here worked... and see that Eleanor hadn't just jumped out of the frying pan only to end up in the fire.

Onto more lighthearted and interesting topics, was this place truly stable enough to support a publishing industry?

"Where do you get the books from? I don't imagine a place like this would have a lot of writers."

Greed likes this.
  13. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    That girl's way of thinking was interesting, very clever despite sounding like a very sheltered kid. She had high hopes for life in the surface, hopes that Greed couldn't exactly tell were going to go up in flames soon or if they were going to be right. Depended on just how bad the people in that Rapture place was.

"Well, I would totally abuse the system if I could. Make of that what you will." He chuckled, he knew he wasn't a good person and he really didn't care about it either way, so being honest and letting her know what type of person she was talking to would probably be good for her.

Her question about the books was interesting though and not something Greed had thought about. He knew that there were books from all types of places and written in many different languages, but he wasn't sure how they ended up there himself. Did those vines steal objects from places and not only people? That was a funny thing to think about.

"Good question. The books here can come in languages I never heard of, so I guess they must have taken from their homelands the same way we were taken here." He shrugged. "But that's just a guess."

14. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Richard nonchalantly said he would abuse the system if given the opportunity. Whatever he wanted to prove with that was lost on Eleanor.

"Would you literally make people pay for breathing air if you could?"

Back to the library topic, the possibility that every book in Pandora was from outside implied a lot of things. But right now Eleanor could only think of one. Would she be able to find Mother's book? It seemed the memories of her would haunt her from beyond the grave but right now there was no one stopping Eleanor from setting the books on fire.

As she opened the door, she couldn't help but smile.

Greed likes this.
  15. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "Hey, if you can make a profit out of it, then why not?" Greed shrugged, his tone of voice standing on the fence between serious and joking. "Would be a bit impossible to manage that though, there's too many people breathing around here." He added, it being clearly a joke this time.

Eventually they did reach the small bookstore close to the beach and Greed took notice of Eleanor's smile upon entering. She sure liked those places. It did feel like a cozy, warm place to hole yourself in and just let time fly by as you got sucked into a book. It wasn't his thing, but he could see why people would like something like that.

"Well, feel free to look around, see if there's any books you find interesting and stuff." He told her with a clear lack of interest as he began thinking of what he would do while Eleanor explored the little bookstore for the books in it.

16. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Richard clearly joked about the ridiculous idea of taxing people for breathing but that still showed he didn't really notice Eleanor was being serious. That or he didn't care. It was hard to tell which one was worse.

"I'm sure you could find a way." Eleanor murmured.

Once inside the library, she made her way to the book categories. One would almost think she had teleported by how fast she disappeared.

After a few minutes, she came back to where Greed was with a pile of books on her hands. It was so tall it managed to cover her face and was mostly composed of atlases, zoology books, and the occasional encyclopedia.

"I'm finished." the walking pile of books said.

Greed likes this.
  17. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    She was oddly serious regarding the oxygen tax thing, did people actually try that in her home? Considering they lived underwater, Greed had to wonder how feasible something like that would be there. It all still sounded pretty ridiculous but yet, it was hard to tell with that girl.

After she took her sweet time looking around the bookstore she eventually came to him holding a pile of books so big that he almost couldn't see her face behind it, and she was a pretty big girl. However, it looked like she still didn't quite get where she was.

"I think you got things a little mixed up. This is a bookstore not a library. In a library you can borrow books for a while no problem, but here, if you want to take these with you, you're gonna have to buy them." Greed explaining, his manner of speaking being much like that of an adult talking to a child, which wasn't entirely inaccurate. "This bookstore is nice enough to let you read them without having to pay first, but unless you're planning on reading of all that now, I'm afraid you're gonna have to put those back where you found them."

Considering how much stuff she took putting them all back would take a while, which made Greed start considering actually nabbing some of that free coffee for himself while he waited.

18. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Oh..." Eleanor said, suddenly realizing the flaw in her plan Richard had pointed out "Give me a moment."

With a shriek and a puff of purple smoke, Eleanor disappeared again. She decided to leave every book on the same shelf, not even caring about the very different topics they discussed.

She walked back her way to Greed, carrying a single book about flowers.

"...could I get this one?" she asked, making a conscious effort to not look at Richard in the eyes.

Greed likes this.
  19. Greed

The Avaricious

Bartender/Crime Boss
    Race:
    Homunculus
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    She understood her mistake and placed all books back in place, after disappearing using her very noisy teleport. Man why did it make that sound every time she used it? It really wasn't going to be of much help for any stealth attempts because of it, though all that purple mist didn't help either.

Either way, she soon came back holding a single book, asking if she could get that one while trying to avoid eye contact. Getting timid is she? Or maybe just trying to act cute to convince him to buy it for her, it wasn't something he would put past her, even though they met just a while ago.

"What? You want me to buy it for you? I'm not your dad, kid." He chuckled. That girl had something coming if she thought she could take advantage of him so easily.

#39 Greed, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  20. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The innocent approach wasn't working. Richard didn't feel like dropping cash on a stranger and that was to be expected, but Eleanor knew the type of man he was. Surely he would listen to logic.

"No, but you are a businessman and as such it's in your best interest to take advantage of a debt. Especially with someone with no belongings to speak of. Think about the interest rate."

Greed likes this.