By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

An Improper Education

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Qrow Branwen, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Qrow Branwen

Professor at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    ~Teenagers scare the living
    shit out of me.~
    ~Maybe they'll leave
    you alone, but not me.~
    ~June 4th-8th~

There was no real excuse for Qrow to be eight minutes late to his own class, especially the first one of the summer semester. He hadn't slept in, he hadn't suffered from a hangover, he hadn't had a rough flight over to the island, and he hadn't been stopped in the hall by anyone particularly talkative. He simply walked in to room 211 eight minutes late with the same nonchalant pace as if he was eight minutes early, ignoring the students who were already settled and awaiting some kind of professor to walk though the door. "Okay..." He sighed while dropping a large folder of papers onto his otherwise empty desk, then turned to glance at the clock as if it was a lovely piece of wall decor that had no purpose for reminding one of punctuality whatsoever.

Leaning against the edge of his desk, he began with a monotonous tone and didn't bother quieting anybody down who wasn't initially paying attention. "This is Weapon Studies and Engineering. If you're in the wrong place, too bad, you're stuck here." Finally sweeping his tired gaze over his students, he smirked slightly. "That was a joke. You can leave, but everyone will stare and laugh at you. Pick your poison." He waited for a moment, eagerly awaiting some poor soul to stand up and hurry out of the room, but no one did. "Aw man, that's what I look forward to most on the first day." He mumbled disappointedly to himself.

A sigh fueled the next part of his scripted greeting. "I'll act as your professor for this semester. Apologies to anyone who was expecting a professional. I answer to Mr. Branwen. Or Qrow. Or Sir. Or Teacher. I don't really care what you call me."

"First thing's first, this crap." He suddenly slammed his hand down on the folder he'd brought with him to class, instantly waking any sleepyheads up. "The dreaded packet." Sliding the folder off the desk, he opened it and moved forward to walk around the inner arc of the first row of curved desks, flinging packets out into the crowd like they were playing cards-- or free T-shirts at a business expo that nobody wanted. Of course, the stapled packets opened and fluttered everywhere, being incredibly difficult to catch for the front rows and impossible to catch for the back rows.

"Sign it, have a guardian sign it if it you have one, and return it to me before Friday so we have something to make origami's out of. If you don't turn in a signed packet, you don't get to make origami's."
    Qrow returned to lean against his own desk when the folder was empty, having made a complete mess of the room. He watched the kids naturally become separated into three distinct groups. The ones who were appalled at his unprofessional attitude, the ones who stared in a stunned confusion and uneasiness, and the ones who rolled with it and may have even giggled at his carelessness. But what he really searched for were the kids who had telekinesis-- and the ones who were the first to pick up his mess and properly hand out packets to their fellow students.

"Let's go through it together. If you don't have a packet, get one." He hypocritically announced to help out the stunned kids, though he didn't even have a copy for himself. Reiterating from memory, he summarized, "Page one, 'what the hell is this class?' We learn about and build weapons." His lazy eyes found a familiar face in the small crowd, and he smiled at Mr. Clark with a knowing and teasing smirk. "Page two, don't get hurt in the workshop. And if you do, don't sue me. Page three, schedule. Which we probably won't follow. Dates are wrong, ignore the typos. I wrote it at three a.m. back in December and I'm not gonna update it unless Merlin notices. Page four...--"

He remained still for a moment in an attempt to remember, soon having to cheat and step forward to look at the nearest kid's packet. "Oh, yeah. Grading rubric. In my class, you either pass or you fail. Long story short, it's really hard to fail. The end. Sign them and send them back up here if you don't have a guardian." Qrow moved back to the center of the space in front of the room, lifting one arm to flick his ringed fingers to beckon forth the signed packets-- by whatever means the kids deemed necessary. Leaning against his desk again, he opened his arms in praise. "Congratulations, you've just completed all the paperwork you'll ever do in my class. Any questions so far?"

@Vivi Ornitier
    @Tommy Clark
    @Rachel Amber
    @Claire Nunez

2. Tommy Clark

Tommy Clark Heroes Reborn

Race:
    Evo

DREAMING DREAMS
    with happy endings

He was only half listening, but not because he wasn’t interested. For one thing, he’d taken the class before and was assuming the information was all gonna be the same, though the idea of a teacher fine-tuning his class by changing some things up here and there didn’t really occur to him. It was easy to forget that teachers could have flaws, recognize those flaws, and act on those flaws.

Then again, Qrow wasn’t really your typical teacher. He was laidback, some might take a risk and say he was unprofessional. They were probably right, but that didn’t make him a bad teacher. He was a really good teacher, just a little bit unorthodox.

Have a guardian sign it if you don’t have one. Did he have a guardian? He hadn’t had one last time, but now Naomi came to mind, and he had to wonder. Was she considered a guardian? She’d bailed him out of more than enough trouble by now, and he’d even spent last Christmas with her.

Glancing up absently, he had to double take, having looked up just in time to catch Mr. Branwen flashing him a smile. Tommy hesitated and then grinned back, straightening up as though he’d totally been paying attention that entire time. Yeah, he was gonna make an executive decision and take that packet to Naomi.

3. Claire Nunez

Claire Nunez Trollhunters
    i am not a man

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Claire had had plenty of unorthodox teachers in her time. It was a side effect of being a drama student. Hell, one of her more recent teachers hadn't been human at all. But this... was a whole new level of weird. Eight minutes late to his own lesson, and possibly drunk. And throwing around paperwork. Claire watched him with a raised eyebrow and a shrug. Getting up, Claire began to make order of the mess of packets and paper being thrown around, giving them out to people who didn't have any.

Admittedly, the class sounded awesome. To design and build her own weapons sounded amazing. She already had a great weapon, one that she couldn't be parted with, but she had... ideas. Mostly explosive ideas. She blamed Blinky for that.

Claire didn't have a guardian. In fact, the likely closest person that she had to a guardian here was in an office... somewhere. She wasn't sure where. The layout of this place was confusing. Anyway, pulling out a pencil case with an overabundance of Sharpies and gel pens, Claire sat down, quickly reading and looking over the form. It was a basic safety release form, nothing particularly complicated, and she signed it with a flourish. Standing up, she walked down, picking up any signed forms along the way, ending up with a pile to hand to Qrow.

4. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    shit out of me.~
    ~Maybe they'll leave
    you alone, but not me.~

A girl with a white streak in her hair was the first and only one to pick up his mess, and she didn't seem too annoyed by it. Despite her punk appearance and color scheme, she seemed like a good kid. Although he was making discoveries and assumptions, Qrow didn't overtly pay her any mind until she'd walked up to hand him the stack of signed packets, but even then he didn't give her much of his attention of even a 'thanks.'

"No questions, alright." He muttered with projection. This sure was a quiet class. Hopefully that didn't equate to them being a boring bunch. He'd go insane trying to make them laugh or speak. "Onto the fun stuff, then." The huntsman announced, expecting things to liven up now that he was pulling out the big guns. After setting the stack of papers by the desktop computer, he stepped up to center stage and took his compacted sword off his back, balancing it on one palm like plate to display it to the class. With the push of a small lever at the handle, it extended to its full 4 ft length and some kids did react with awe.

"You're here to make one of these. Or something like it." He tilted the massive weapon through the air in front of him with one hand-- using a little of his superhuman strength to keep it light in his palm as if it were a wand while his other hand rested nonchalantly in his pocket. "A weapon that is efficient, unique to you, and bad ass." He summarized before smirking at the blade. "And might even have a few tricks up its sleeve, if you're the overachiever type."

With another flick of a switch on the handle and a whirling of gears in the hilt, the bulk of the broadsword rotated down and left two shotgun barrels sticking upwards. He then straightened and compacted the weapon with a flourishing twirl, holstering it to the small of his back via a magnetic harness underneath his jacket. "Anyone know what they wanna build already? Come on, shout 'em out." Qrow asked with a beckoning of his fingers as if prompting a reaction from the crowd of an arena.

There were always those magician kids who wanted something boring like a wand, and then there were the fighters who wanted a sword. One kid wanted a bow and Qrow was quick to point at him and correct him with a very stern suggestion to think about a crossbow instead. The scrawny kid would learn why after spending an hour trying to pull a bowstring manually.

5. Rachel Amber

Rachel Amber Guest

When Qrow had first mentioned that he was going to be teaching “Weapon Studies and Engineering,” Rachel had practically chewed his ear off about being able to come along. That was his first mistake; never tell Rachel Amber about something totally dangerous and cool sounding if you’re not gonna let her in on it. And, so what if you were supposed to have powers or look all alien-y or whatever? Wasn’t that technically discrimination against regular, ordinary people (not that she thought she was that normal. But who was?)

So, here she was, sat somewhere near the edge, where she could observe the other people in this class. So far, there was a guy who looked around her age (or was he?) and a girl with hella cool hair, that reminded her of Chloe’s. She raised an eyebrow and smirked at Qrow’s lateness and unorthodox introduction (so much for setting a good example), and decided she was going to like this place very much. Studying wasn’t exactly high up on her priority list in Pandora, but if it meant getting to make weapons…

She only half listened to the boring subject of paperwork: she didn’t have a guardian, nor did she care to get one, so she signed it in no time. The girl with the hair seemed to take it upon herself to collect them.

Now the fun part began, and Rachel leaned over, craning her neck as Qrow took his sword out; she kept joking that one day she was going to steal it. She thought it was hella cool, and it showed in her face. Try stabbing me when I have one of these, shithead drug dealers, she thought, imagining swiping Damon’s head clean off.

Maybe she should keep that to herself, otherwise Qrow might reconsider her place in the class.

“I want something like that,” Rachel was the first to pipe up, fists balled together in excitement. “But... Something that looks totally normal, then BAM, you press a button and shit gets real. Or…well, you know what I mean.” It would be mysterious, like her; people in Arcadia Bay saw her as nothing more than the fucking golden girl, when there was so much more to her than that. Only Chloe really knew, and maybe by now Qrow did, a little.

6. Tommy Clark

Race:
    Evo

DREAMING DREAMS
    with happy endings

Now came the fun part. The reason they were all really here, not to listen to a boring speech about paperwork, although Qrow clearly thought it was equally boring as his students did. The weapons, though, that was why they were all here and it seemed like the entire class perked up a little bit the second Qrow whipped out that super cool sword for his demonstration.

Tommy had seen the demonstration before, of course, having taken the class already, but it honestly never got old.

And the second it was done, the class was bursting into eager chatter, one kid going on about a crossbow, the girl sitting a couple seats away from him bursting into excitement over wanting something like what he had, too. Tommy couldn’t help but grin a little bit before his own hand shot up. “Can I try an awesome crossbow, too, this time?!”

7. Claire Nunez

i am not a man

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Claire had seen a lot of transforming weapons in her time. She wielded one, for goodness sake. But this, this was new. Her Shadowstaff, Toby's Warhammer, and Jim's Daylight (and the Eclipse Blade, for that matter), all ran on magic. Hell, Claire barely understood the magic in her weapon of choice, though there were... remnants in her head. Bits of Morgana's memories relating to its forging still sometimes showed up when she slept, or glanced at an innocuous object.

Still, it was the first time that she had seen a technological transformation, and it had a beauty to it that Claire couldn't put her finger on. It was certainly awesome. Then there were the various weapon suggestions people were shouting. Claire had her weapon. She had fought for it, claimed it, made it hers, even against Morgana and Angor Rot. She wasn't planning on replacing it. But still... having some tricks up her sleeve couldn't be anything but helpful.

Leaning back in her chair, she just listened for a little bit more, before adding her own voice to the chorus. "Some explosives, projectiles, etc," she called out.

8. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    shit out of me.~
    ~Maybe they'll leave
    you alone, but not me.~

Qrow looked up with a smirk as Rachel proved she wasn't afraid to partake in the class, even if she wasn't on the official roll. She was the girl he'd found unconscious and bleeding out in December, before he'd been a teacher, before his powers were secured away. She was also the girl who he'd had to give the dreaded Welcome to Pandora speech to. She was a good kid.

"Yeah I know what you mean. Like this?" He turned to grab a dry erase marker from out of a Worlds #1 Worst Teacher mug on his desk and clicked it to have a thin blade pop out of the writing end instead of a felt ink tip. Mr. Branwen then tossed it to his stowaway for her to play with and look at. "You can turn most anything into a hidden weapon if you're creative enough."

Overall, there were some really great suggestions and ideas being thrown out, but he had to pause in his generic nodding to laugh mischievously at the dark haired girl's interest in explosives. Kids who were that daring were always fun to teach. Despite subtly ignoring her like (he did all his new students,) that girl was quickly starting to stand out among the rest. Tom's request shot through the air as well, and Qrow grinned in his direction. "You got it, Tom."

The boy's phrasing did not go unnoticed by another student in the crowd. "Wait, what do you mean this time?" Qrow explained aloud, "Tom's taken this class before. Therefore you all can cheat on his final test." He snickered to himself as the children's attention was turned to Tom for a moment. There was no final test. The look of nervousness on some of their faces was priceless. "Oh, I almost forgot. Time for your first assignment." He recalled as if it was no urgent matter at all, moving around to the back of his desk to pull out and hold up a sheet of white rectangle stickers and a marker. "And since I already know his name, Tom will demonstrate. Come here, Tom."

He placed a few more markers on his desk as the boy again was placed directly into the spotlight and stepped down to be his assistant. "I want everyone to write their first name on their sticker," Qrow announced, writing 'Tommy' in large cat scratch letters. He peeled off the sticker to display briefly to the class. "And then apply the sticker to yourself like so." With a sudden but gentle sweep of his arm, he lightly slapped the sticker right upon Tom's forehead. Without skipping a beat, he concluded the demonstration underneath the ignited laughter of the other kids, handing the newly labeled Tommy the supplies. "Pass these out for me, will ya Tom? Forehead stickers for everyone!"

As his minion got to work, the professor collapsed into his desk chair and began rotating it back and forth with his outstretched heel, leaning his torso back with his hands behind his head. "By the end of the day, I might even know who the hell you people are." He smirked, as if the purpose of the assignment was not for him to become familiar with their names, but to humiliate them, and the former would just be a fortunate side effect.

When the supplies were all passed out, he smiled smugly at Tommy and took back the leftover markers and stickers without getting up from his chair. "Thanks, kid. Here, I'll wear one too, so it's fair." He scrawled his own first name and unceremoniously applied his own sticker to his forehead underneath his bangs.

Now, what was that one girl's name?

"Claire, huh?" He called with a tilt of his head, again picking out another victim to drop into the heat of the spotlight. "Whatcha got there, Claire?" Qrow lifted his chin in a challenge, noticing an interesting device in her possession that surely looked like some sort of weapon. "Let's keep this show-and-tell going for a bit, shall we?" He prompted the class, some of which cheered eagerly. "Is that a wand, Claire?" One girl-- Zoe-- asked her classmate across the room.

Tommy Clark and Rachel Amber like this.
  9. Claire Nunez

i am not a man

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Claire smiled back at the teacher, only to get ignored. What happened next only confirmed one of her hunches. Mr Branwen was playing mind games, and there were two ways to deal with teachers who played mind games. Either you refused to do anything that they asked, refused to play at all, which was boring, and not much fun, and often the result that they wanted, anyway. Or you could join in whole-heartedly, play the games without shame or fear, which was always way more fun.

Turns out, having Mr Strickler teach you, while simultaneously trying to kill you or break your spirit, did teach you thing. Admittedly, Strickler had focused on Jim, but you still learnt by osmosis. At least, Claire had. So had Jim, a little bit. And then there was Senior Uhl, but he generally had far less subtlety about it. Then again, Mr Branwen wasn't being particularly subtle either. But it wasn't like having a sticker on her forehead was going to harm her in any way.

Still, if she was going to participate, she was going to do it with style.

Writing her name on the sticker she was given, Claire stuck on her forehead, stylishly placed over one eye, slanted so that it almost matched the incline of her eyebrow. When she saw the teacher's eyes alight on her, she knew it was time for a different kind of mind game. Drop-the-student-in-the-hot-seat-and-see-how-they-deal-with-that. Luckily, Claire knew how to deal with that. She smiled, and stood up, twirling the Shadowstaff slightly. "It's a staff," she replied back to Zoe and Qrow, "a magical one. Usually it makes portals, but the wards on the school mean I can't do that here." She focused, and the light purple crystal became dark purple, and the room seemed to darken a little, the shadows grow, before Claire blinked, and the room (and the staff) went back to normal. "That's about all I can do here." With a little move of her arm, the staff went into its smaller form, simply the handle, and Claire sat down and stowed it in her bag.

Time to pass on the hot seat to someone else. She smiled, scanning the room to pick her next target. "What weapon did you make last time, Tommy?" she called to the boy across the room, who had apparently done the class before.

10. Rachel Amber

Rachel Amber Guest

Rachel’s face lit up at Qrow’s demonstration, even more so when he tossed her the actual weapon. She caught it easily and was soon engrossed in examining it, including unwisely poking the blade to see how sharp it was. Obvious answer: sharp.

She was impressed by some of the other kids’ comments, and raised an eyebrow at the girl who mentioned explosives. One of the guys, Tom, was revealed to have taken this class before. She wondered how much more he knew than the rest of them.

Although it was, in her opinion, wasting time, she couldn’t help but laugh at Qrow’s next instruction, particularly how he pulled the poor guy out in the open to set an example with. It didn’t take her long to follow the example, and she brushed strands of hair out of her face as she applied the sticker.

“If this leaves a mark, I’m hella suing,” she joked, already enjoying the class much more than any she’d took at Blackwell.

She shifted her focus to the girl called Claire, trying to get a glimpse of whatever it was she had, which turned out to be a staff, that could make portals. The room got a little dark as Claire demonstrated. Rachel wished she could actually see it in full action, just what sort of portals did she mean? She didn’t get chance to ask as Claire put Tom in the spotlight.

Tommy Clark and Qrow Branwen like this.
  11. Tommy Clark

Race:
    Evo

DREAMING DREAMS
    with happy endings

Literally nothing about the way Mr. Branwen taught was proper or orthodox, which was honestly probably why he was actually a really good teacher. He was basically one of the kids, someone they could relate to, and he knew how to make a class fun without it being total chaos. Well, sort of. Some days, it was definitely chaos, which probably came with the territory of this particular subject. Then again, Tommy had come from a completely different environment where stuff like this wasn't just accepted. You didn't just go to Evo school. You were hunted down and registered. Unless you happened to be a teleporter. That made things a little difficult for the government, which was when they started making threads, putting your mom in danger, and--

God, his mom ...

Suddenly, there was a sticker being slapped against his forehead and Tommy was back to reality again, his grinning gaze whipping toward Mr. Branwen as he took the supplies and proceeded to pass them out. Yup. Definitely his favorite teacher. If there was anything he'd done for Tommy, it was helping him out of his shell. And then he was back in his seat again, his eyes on Claire and that staff of hers. Cool. Some people just showed up with that stuff and it honestly blew Tommy's mind. This whole school blew Tommy's mind.

And then, once again, he was in the spotlight and he smiled. "A boomerang! But it, like ... exploded and stuff. Like ... a boomerang!" he added cleverly, emphasizing the 'boom' part of it. Small stuff, to be honest, nothing crazy. Because the last thing Tommy wanted was something that was truly destructive.

12. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    shit out of me.~
    ~Maybe they'll leave
    you alone, but not me.~

Rachel's comment about suing didn't go unnoticed, and Qrow laughed curtly while shaking his head, pointing at her equally jokingly, "Nope, that's what the paperwork was for." To specifically prevent them from suing him over stickers, yes.

Qrow's smirk broadened subtly at Claire's use of the eyepatch sticker as opposed to the instructed forehead sticker. Clearly, she was one of those teens who desired to stand out and make her individuality known among a crowd. He should have known that by her choice of style and that silly streak of color in her hair to begin with. Rachel might have been slightly similar in that tough/cool kid kind of way.

Claire stood up and accepted the spotlight with confidence, and Qrow was intrigued by her portal staff, looking forward to the day that he'd see it in action. Apparently today was that day, and he glanced up casually as some light from the room was shrouded by a magical darkness. "Oooh, edgy." He complimented jokingly, giving her a nod of approval. Now he understood the reason and inspiration behind her color scheme.

Mr. Branwen snickered at Tommy's reveal of his earlier project, calling over to pitch in, "Genius invention, Tom. Really, one of my favorites." Who would have ever desired an explosive weapon that flew back toward oneself? Qrow still bragged about the kid's delightfully moronic idea to his co-professors. Zoe was in awe at the idea of the boomerang idea as well. "Woah! That's so cool! When do we get to build our own weapons, Qro-- Mr. Branwen?"

"Qrow's fine. I don't really care." He waved off her correction and hauled himself back to his feet. "You're gonna build one within the next couple of weeks. This would be a good time to stretch our legs and take a tour of the workshop." He enticed with a knowing look, as if it were a forbidden vault filled with treasure. He led the way out of the classroom, instructing, "Everybody up, leave your crap here. You can pretend to sneak off and ditch class if you want, but you're gonna miss out on a really cool field trip." He would surely notice if anyone did, but he wouldn't mark them down.

~~~

The rest of the first day of class was spent with him showing off every machine in the workshop-- what they were for, what they were not for, and how to use them safely. There were very little shop rules other than don't be stupid, don't operate anything without the proper protective equipment, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Throughout the next couple of days, the class began light lecture about styles and uses of weaponry and were tasked with drafting designs of their first weapon. They also used the machines in the workshop often to learn how to operate them. Once each student passed the workshop certification test, they were permitted to begin actual work on their weapons.

Qrow was less of a carefree jokester in the shop than in the classroom, and he knew better of what to watch out for after all of the accidents that occurred last semester. Fortunately, no one had been seriously injured, and he hadn't been sued or fired. While the sanders, engraving stations, paint dock, and even welding stations were lower on the list of possible hazards, he kept his red gaze primarily on the specialized table saws-- which were designed to shape all manner of materials-- and which would easily cut through the protective gloves of the students' hands if they lost control or misguided their projects.

He stayed close enough to those stations that he could dart over in the blink of an eye and handle an accident if it happened. The enchanting corner was also a real pain in the neck, and the cement walls bordering the area were still charred from Crestin's fire magic from last semester.

With his hands resting together behind his back and a random pink-striped drinking straw dancing between his teeth to entertain himself, he hovered around the shop and checked in on a few kids; joking, advising, and complimenting them-- but not distracting them.

#12 Qrow Branwen, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Rachel Amber and Tommy Clark like this.
  13. Tommy Clark

Race:
    Evo

DREAMING DREAMS
    with happy endings

"Do you need any help?" he asked, hovering by the paint dock where Rachel was. Okay, so maybe he was being a typical boy. And maybe he thought she was really cute and, over the past couple of days, had been trying to talk himself into chatting with her for more than two seconds, more than a 'hey, can you grab the pencil I just dropped?' sort of conversation. And maybe he thought that because he'd taken the class before and had the knowledge that came with it, that could be sort of an advantage on his part.

"I, uh-- I mean, you know, if you need any help, I might know a thing or two." There was a stupid smile on his face, but there was an awkward, lopsided edge to it like he was pretty positive he sounded like an idiot. Worse, he'd momentarily abandoned his in progress crossbow across the room. Maybe he just needed a mental break. Or to impress this cute girl.

Rachel Amber and Qrow Branwen like this.
  14. Rachel Amber

Rachel Amber Guest

Although she had always excelled in school, to Rachel, it had been more about succeeding rather than what she learned. The only subjects she’d really enjoyed were drama class and also law, which was an optional addition at Blackwell. Perhaps having her dad as the D.A. had something to do with it. But this was different; this was a chance to be creative whilst learning some really cool techniques to create something awesome. Qrow was the most badass teacher she’d had; he could be strict, but it wasn’t in the way that made her want to roll her eyes.

However, she soon realised that she was out of her depth when it came to the actual ‘making-the-weapon’ part. She’d passed the test no problem but trying to make her weapon a reality had been more challenging than she wanted to admit. Specifically, the hidden element and also how to make it inconspicuous. Being Rachel Amber, however, she hadn’t wanted to ask for help.

The blonde teenager stood at the paint dock, staring down at the bare bones of her weapon with a slight frown on her face. She turned when she heard Tom approach. He seemed nice enough, and he’d taken this class before. If there was anyone she’d ask, it was probably him (she still wanted to seem like the ‘cool teenager’ too much to ask Qrow. Nevermind that he’d saved her from dying before now.)

“Well, I could do with a target practice once I get this baby up and running. You willing to volunteer?” She turned to him, arms folded with a serious expression. After a moment, her stance softened…perhaps her humor to someone who wasn’t Chole or Qrow might be taken the wrong way. “That was a joke. Sorry.”

She glanced back to her unfinished weapon. “I’m kinda stuck on how to put the whole thing together. And I’m not sure how to color it either. I mean, if I was getting attacked or some shit I wouldn’t want my weapon to obvious.” The blonde returned Tom’s smile, only less awkwardly than him, and nodded across the room to where she could see his half-finished (and impressive looking, she had to admit) crossbow. “You seem like you know what you’re doing, having taken this class before. What do you think?”

(The weapon will be something like this, with the hidden blade but shorter. So far she’s got the handle.)

#14 Rachel Amber, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
    Qrow Branwen and Tommy Clark like this.
  15. Claire Nunez

i am not a man

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Whomever had given Claire permission to make explosives, would probably live to regret it later. Well, the person in question, Mr Branwen, would be fine. The person who ended up on the other side of the explosives would probably regret it. Claire was working on a type of renewable explosive. Her current plan was something held together by really, really strong magnets, with some magic mixed in. They were three silver balls, fairly innocuous by themselves, and a very strong magnets at the core. If they worked, she'd be able to fill them with gunpowder, and then the fragments would reassemble themselves into an empty ball.

If it worked.

It was kinda touch-and-go right now. She popped her head in over Rachel's shoulder, having been walking by at her query. Admittedly, she wasn't blind. It was pretty obvious what Tom was trying to do, and it was kinda adorable, but Claire knew a lot about keeping weapons hidden. A lot. "You have long hair," she said. "Make the handle a little thinner, and it could double as a hairstick. You could decorate it pretty easily, make it seem innocuous. Then, if you get attacked, you could just pull it out.... Admittedly, you'd have to redo your hair, which could be a pain," Claire added, slightly sheepish.

16. Tommy Clark

Race:
    Evo

DREAMING DREAMS
    with happy endings

He stood frozen at first. It wasn't that he was nervous standing there next to her, but he could definitely be a little bit on the gullible side sometimes, and there was no question whether or not that applied in that particular moment. But then the serious look on her face broke into something else, something that made it clear she was teasing before she'd even clarified, and Tommy couldn't help the grin that tugged at his lips even if he felt like a total idiot.

Clearing his throat, his gaze dropped to the project she was working on, a thoughtful look on her face. It looked awesome so far, but he could definitely understand her desire to paint it and make it blend in a little more. "Well ..."

Before he could get the startings of a thought going, a voice broke through the moment of silence and Tommy tore his gaze away from Rachel toward Claire's familiar face. She burst right into a really good idea, and for some reason, his immediate instinct was to feel a little bit bummed. Maybe it was a selfish thought. Claire was nice, it wasn't like he didn't like her or anything, but-- god, he was being stupid.

"That's a really good idea," he finally said after finally managing to get over himself, a tight smile on his lips as he nodded to Claire. "And I mean, I bet your hair would look good any way, so ..."

Jesus Christ, what was he doing? He had no idea, which was exactly the reason he suddenly scurried off to work on his own project.

tommy exit !

#16 Tommy Clark, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2018
    Qrow Branwen and Rachel Amber like this.