HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete An Unlikely Team

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Ami Mizuno, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    She really wasn't sure why a teacher being able to drain ki from students surprised her, but it shouldn't have. She'd seen all sorts of energy draining schemes, after all. Mercury blushed and looked away at Ranma's thoughts on her past fight. Did doing the right thing really make her a better person? It always felt like she had no choice, that she was responsible for helping people.

She noticed Ranma's harsh comparison to herself and touched her shoulder, frowning slightly. "...To tell the truth, I didn't exactly get to choose my path," Mercury said. "The only people who even had the power to protect Juuban, and sometimes the whole planet, were a select few. I just had the "luck" to be one of them." And it was all because of something over 1,000 years ago that she could only remember like a bad dream in the back of her head. "If I didn't fight, a lot of innocent people could have died, and I definitely wasn't alone either." She smiled slightly. "I had to have my power awakened a few years ago, but from what you told me earlier, you've been training hard for pretty much your whole life. You chose to be strong, so please don't sell yourself short, okay?"

2. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Being frozen at the Senshi's words as good as her ice, Ranma imperceptibly trembled before clenching and unclenching her fists. Nobody ever said that to her before, really. She had been training her entire life to be sure, but that was mostly because Genma took her away from home at a young age for the training trip. For the first time ever, she wondered how differently things would have turned out if she knew more people back then besides her idiot dad.

"I... like being strong. But that's only because this is... what I'm good at." The pigtailed girl took a while to formulate her words, face going back to looking awkward and shy after her rough and tumble attitude earlier. "I was expected to be strong by my parents. But all that really brought me was fights... fights that I had to win... or lose everything." Staring intently at the floor, the martial artist looked a bit chastised.

"Sometimes I wish I could do other things. Just... live in peace. But trouble always finds me and if I didn't have my skills then... well, I wouldn't have been able to meet you ath the very least. Probably would have died many times over too." Slumping down a bit and finding it actually nice to be able to have a heart to heart talk with a reasonable person, the Nerima dweller glanced up with a face that looked like it finally managed to let something go.

"Being strong... means nothing if it's never put to good use. Most of my fights were because of assholes throwing a hissy fit, not defending people against monsters like you. I have all these skills but they're just going to waste on idiots... what was the point of training if this was all I had to look forward to?" Though her tone was wearied, a small smile finally came back to Ranma's face. "That was what I thought a few times but... well, if I could help good people like you then I guess it's not too bad a deal?"

3. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ranma's self-deprecation was starting to remind her of the times when she only thought she was good for studying, but that hadn't been true either, even if those thoughts sometimes tried to creep back up on her.

"It's okay if you're not fighting monsters every day, no one would expect you to do that. I think the fact that you even want to help people makes you a good person, you just haven't found a chance yet. I think you can do whatever you want to if you put your mind to it," Mercury said. "Maybe just take it... one small step at a time." The sky was even darker than it was before, and she glanced up. "I didn't realize how late it was getting. Maybe we should stop for the night. You know how to camp, right, Ranma?"

4. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Y-yeah, I'll try... I finally have the time here now..." A bit more cheerful due to Ami's patient coaxing, Ranma couldn't help but blush while pressing the tips of her fingers together while looking rather chastised. "And um sorry for being a downer... also thank you..." Giving a heartfelt bow that she would never ever give to people from Nerima and behaving much like a salaryman in posture, the girl held that position for a few moments before she heard about the camping suggestion.

"Oh, that I can do. I've been a vagabond for thirteen years already and the times I slept in a building are way less than when I did outside." Ruffling around in her pack and then pulling out the various supplies, it only took half a minute before tent that could fit two people comfortably was set up and securely tied down. "I only have one bedroll so you can have that and the tent, I'll just probably sleep in some leaves or something outside."

Continuing to work diligently even as she was talking, a large pile of wood was placed in a stone mound before being sparked to life by high friction stick rubbing and exhalation of measured breaths, metal supports holding a kettle filled with Gekkaja ice up so that there would be drinkable water. "I have instant noodles if you're hungry now or I could go hunt something if you want fresh food." Puttering around the clearing which was now looking rather civilized despite it being in the wilds, the martial artist looked rather at home as she tended to the camp.

5. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "No need to apologize, sometimes we all need some encouragement," Mercury said. Ranma definitely wasn't kidding when she said she was used to being outside. She didn't think it was possible to set up a functional camp or start up a fire that fast. Mercury was going to offer to help, but there wasn't much left that needed doing. The way that Ranma had divided their sleeping arrangements was a little strange though. Was the other girl just not comfortable with sleeping next to other people?

"The instant ramen sounds fine, but... are you sure you want to sleep outside the tent?" she asked. "That doesn't seem very fair considering it's yours. It looks big enough to fit two people."

6. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Pausing yet again as she heard Ami's question (she's been doing a lot of freezing in her tracks today it seemed), the redhead wondered if she should rip the metaphorical bandage off all at once quickly or slowly/ Deciding to go for the former option, Ranma turned back towards the campfire and stared intently at the water kettle.

"Well... I'm sorta... cursed. There's no way I can really sleep in the sam place as you..." Picking up the not quite boiling but still sufficiently warmed up container of water, the girl poured the heated liquid over her head. A transformation every bit as fast as Ami's would play out shoulders widened and hips narrowed, curvature becoming more chiseled even as mass redistributed itself. Now sporting ebony hair in lieu of scarlet locks was a strapping young lad of good physique where before there had been a short but undeniably feminine young woman.

"-is cause I'm a guy. So er... yeah." Unable to look at Ami directly, the boy sat himself down at a nearby log while looking embarrassed. "My training trip in China took me to a place called the Bayankala Mountain Ranges and stupid pops basically made me spar with him on top of bamboo in the Springs of Sorrow. I got thrown into the Spring of Drowned Girl so now whenever I touch cold water, I kinda transform into a chick." Trembling almost imperceptibly as he explained, the boy continued to continue his staring at the forest floor with hands gripping his knees.

7. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Cursed? Ranma, isn't that exaggerating a little? There's a difference between some bad luck and"- Mercury was silent as she watched the redheaded girl pour the teakettle of water over her own head, and then she was suddenly very clearly male. She blinked a few times as Ranma continued to explain himself. She was still connecting the dots, taking in how he actually looked and comparing it to the form she'd been used to. So all this time... he was a boy.

Her face went red, and she looked like she was deep in thought about something until she realized that she was making a growing patch of ice and frost under their feet by accident. She snapped out of it and dropped her transformation in a weaker flash of blue light. Well that was embarrassing...

"W-well then... I've never heard of a cursed spring before, but you actually aren't the first person I've seen who could change genders. I guess that just means we both had our secrets, doesn't it?" Now that she wasn't in uniform, Ami looked a little shyer. As long as Ranma was still the person she'd been talking to before, did it really matter what he looked like? She rubbed the back of her neck with one hand. "I won't talk about yours if you won't spread mine around. That's fair, right?"

8. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Well er... I kinda stopped trying to keep this a secret for the most part since the curse seems to always try to kick in at the worst time but don't worry, i won't squeal or nothing. You have my honor as a martial artist." Raising a hand towards his chest, the boy finally looked up with a serious look on his face as he treated the matter with the importance it deserved.

"...It's one of the only things I truly have too..." Murmuring under his breath before being blinded by the light of detransforming, the martial artist blinked as he looked at a more red faced Ami before similarly flushing. Ordinarily he wouldn't really take into account what other people thought... though that only accounted for people whose opinions he didn't take seriously. Towards someone like Ami, everything she did had a profound impact on him due to his want to make her comfortable.

"If um you don't want me to be in this form I could always get some cold water and change back... Got the Gekkaja here and everything so that's pretty easy." Hefting the stave up and spinning it idly in his dexterous fingers like a baton while the sharp blade whistled about like a cold northern wind, the girl turned boy looked like he was grasping at straws to continue the conversation but didn't know what to do exactly.

Ami Mizuno likes this.
  9. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "No, you shouldn't have to do that!" Ami said, regaining some of her composure. "I mean... it's bad enough that pretty much all I can do in a fight involves cold water. You don't need to purposely pour it on yourself too. I assume that you'd rather be in your male form, right?" That's what she would have preferred if she were in a similar situation. There was no reason for her to suddenly be bothered with him now. It wasn't as if his personality had done a complete 180.

"If it makes you more comfortable, I'll sleep separately in the tent. But you should at least take the bedroll." That sounded much more equal at least. "I think I can handle the ground for one night."

10. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "No, you're not used to roughing it out. I can tell." Shaking his head rather stubbornly in a display of very rare (for most people) chivalry, the martial artist stopped his playing around with the magical ice weapon even as he smiled. "Besides... I like helping others. Especially nice people like you, so don't worry about. Ain't the first time I slept without a bedroll, heck I sleep in trees sometimes."

Popping open his bag to take out a few bowls of ramen, the boy then began pouring in the hot water before taking out some disposable wooden chopsticks to put them on the lid to keep the heat in, placing them one of them near the Sailor. "And for what it's worth... thanks. I ain't had anyone treat me like this before." Giving a shy and awkward but truly heartfelt smile. Ranma rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

11. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ami had a feeling Ranma wasn't going to budge on the issue, so she let it go. She was going to figure out how make it up to him later.

"If you insist..." she said, giving in. "And don't worry about it. I'm not sure what you're used to in Nerima, but that's how friends are supposed to treat each other, isn't it?"

After eating dinner and going to bed, a few hours passed by in relative silence. Sometime during the night, Ami got restless as a dream shifted into a less than happy memory. She snapped awake, confused and on edge until she remembered where she was. Right, the odd forest. This wasn't Tokyo. She tried to go back to sleep, but after that unpleasant memory, she didn't get much more of it before she gave up around sunrise and came out the tent. Maybe it was the Daimon fight that triggered the nightmare...

12. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The word 'friend' had a rather profound impact on the martial artist, since he could say for certain that he had no true friends at all... The closest he had to that was Ukyo from in the past before she became his fiancee, Akane before the misunderstanding, and maybe Konatsu since he was the nicest person besides Kasumi and he enjoyed hanging with the guy when he could. Everyone else were just acquaintances, overly aggressive and violent maniacs or self serving weasels.

His heart twanged with an emotion that was rarely felt- that of true contentment. It was so strange the young man had to visibly touch his chest after wondering what was wrong with his body, the sensation so alien that it unnerved the boy. "Friend...? I... would like that." Feeling rather flustered from the excitement of that one single statement, a giant grin split Ranma's face as he showed off his pearly whites.

The night had went on afterwards, Ami sleeping in the tent and Ranma lightly dozing off in a sitting position right outside with his back propped up by the traveling pack to guard against anything his senses could deem as a threat. Morning came in a flash and despite the fact he didn't sleep as deeply as he usually did, an unusual refreshed feeling was emanating from the guy- a rather stark contrast to Ami.

Naturally though, the troubled look on the schoolgirl's face and her body language was enough to ping her companion on what was up. He knew most people weren't like him and they would definitely be a lot more troubled by what had transpired, the kidnapping first and then the monster showing up. Naturally as a friend, he wanted the best for Ami and thus walked closer to her with a worried look on his face though he made sure to stop outside of her personal bubble. "You don't look okay... that monster from last night got ya on edge? Anything on your mind?"

13. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    It took Ami a moment for her to realize that Ranma was even talking to her, and she tried to look more awake.

"Oh, sorry..." She said, smiling weakly. "I'm not bothered about the monster, it just...reminded me of some bad times, that's all. I'll be fine..."

14. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Pouring warm water into a cup, the worried teen handed the vessel on over to Ami before sitting down so he could better look at her. It was pretty clear there was something going on in her mind but damned if he was going to act like all the other people from Nerima and pry in an obnoxious manner. Still, it seemed like she needed a bit of help so the boy tried his best. "You wanna talk about it? It might make you feel better.."

Wondering what could trouble the girl so much, the boy thought back to last night's conversation with clarity not usually reserved for talks he had with other people before picking up a thread. "You said something about a guy sending them out and that they stopped when you beat him... you thinking about that?" Respect could be seen from his tone as he tried to imagine some great monster that had such abilities to spawn such creatures and how great the battle must be for her be able to take him down.

15. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ami was about to repeat that nothing was wrong, and then stopped herself. Was there really a point in covering it up? It had happened already. It wasn't as if any of it could hurt Ranma no, or her for that matter.

She leaned her back against a tree and closed her eyes for a moment.

"I guess I am thinking about that..." Ami said. "I'm not really worried about them coming back, but the final fight was... cutting it pretty close. The demonic spirit that was causing all of the Daimon incidents was called Pharaoh 90 by his followers, and he attempted to pass through the dimensions to absorb and corrupt the entire planet. We contained and destroyed him before he could cross over fully, but a few of us died in the process." Ami looked away.

"Well, we didn't quite die, but our souls were stripped from our bodies and he almost consumed them. He would have succeeded if Sailor Saturn hadn't broken us out. Sometimes I can still sort of... remember that moment where it all went black, and I couldn't do anything to help myself or anyone else."

16. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "..." Listening intently to the problems and trying to find a correlation in his own experiences, the martial artist was rather shamed that the only instance he could ever remember that reached anywhere near the level of futility was against Saffron, and even then it seemed that the senshi before him got off with the more raw deal. Still, there was enough comparison that he could try to help.

"I ain't ever had something quite that bad happen to me but... I know what it's like to feel helpless and useless against opponents way beyond your ability. I don't want to say it, but there's plenty of times that I couldn't really do anything by myself..." Pausing and emphasizing that certain word, the teen cracked a wan smile.

"But that's only if we're by ourselves. You said it before, that you and others fought. Long as your friends have got your back, you can live to fight another day. You're not alone. You had your guys back there... and you have me right now I guess? People can help each other and together we can do stuff that just us can't pull off."

Cracking his neck to one side, the boy then gave out some more words of advice. "Way I see it, don't focus on the past but the future. You shouldn't think about what could have happened but try to figure out a way to make sure it'll never happen again. Strengthen your strengths, minimize your weaknesses. Know what works and keep it, toss out what doesn't. That's the tenant of Anything-Goes, but it works with a lot of other things."

Leaning forward, the boy said with utmost intensity and gravitas to his comrade- nay, friend. "Ami, just continue to believe in yourself. Believe in others who believe in you. Never lose your way no matter how hard it is, struggle to survive another day, and always make sure you never stop moving forward, alright? You're a good person and deserve to be able to enjoy yourself when you can, okay?"

17. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I..." Ami was stunned for a few seconds before she collected herself, slightly red in the face. Some of the tiredness from the night before seemed to disappear. "Thank you. I think deep down I knew that already, but sometimes I need to be reminded..." Even when she was by herself, she was never really alone, and she did have a future to look towards. She just needed to get back home first...somehow.

"We should get going again while the sun is up," Ami said, pulling out her small blue miniature computer. on the back was the astrological sign for Mercury. There was no need to hide it now that Ranma knew about her other secret. "I was following an energy signal I had picked up yesterday. Hopefully it's a way out of here..."

18. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "No worries, ain't no skin off my back." Waving off the thanks but looking rather more positive due to seeing his friend was now better off, the empathic boy simply nodded to her words about moving before going to work to clear up the camp and then repack everything into his pack. "I prefer it when someone as nice as you is happy is all."

Shrugging on the pack and looking rather interested at the fact Ami could sense energy, the boy meandered on over to her side while carrying the supplies with fluidity and languidness despite the weight. "What kinda energy are you feeling? All i can really sense is ki or bad intent." Always nice to talk shop with someone really.

19. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Sailor Moon

Race:
    Reincarnated Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Oh, I wasn't sensing it myself. At least, I can't really sense much by myself beyond tracking down freshwater." Ami did have a sort of connection to the other senshi, but that wasn't doing her much good here. She hadn't felt any of them when she had transformed earlier. Maybe she was too far away...

"I was using this computer," she said, tilting it so that Ranma could see the screen. The screen was a light blue color, and a radar and various numbers and lines of scrolling text were displayed. "It's more high tech than anything else we have back home, and it can pick up and track multiple kinds of energy signals, including magic. I thought that anything that was giving off large amounts of magic based energy would be important to find."

20. Ranma Saotome

Ranma Saotome Ranma 1/2

Martial Artist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Oh, that makes sense." Nodding his head like a chicken pecking at rice while wondering how exactly they got computers to be that small considering all the ones he saw were blocky and ugly things thus far, the boy continued following behind the girl while using the magical stave as a hiking stick slash weapon to be used at the first sign of trouble.

"You must have better luck with magic than me then. Every time I run into magic I get all sorts of bad luck like the curse. Or the wishing swords. Or the phoenix egg. Or the haunted swimsuit. All sorts of bad juju really." Shuddering as he remembered all the horrible (and incredibly stupid) things that happened whenever he encountered magic, the boy let slip something rather... corny. "The only magical thing I met that I liked was you."