HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Another Chance Meeting

Discussion in 'River Street' started by Samus Aran, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Genetically Altered Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    June 8th, Year 7- Ryu Tenchi, Morning
    @Genji Shimada

The sun had risen again by the time Samus left her guard shift, which was just around the time the stores, shops, and restaurants opened up to start the business day. She was completely fine with the late night shift Irene had given her, actually preferring it to daytime, but it did pretty much force her to at least try to sleep in the morning. After getting food, anyway. She usually frequented Blackhaven establishments or ate at home, but she was attempting to break her habit of going to bars. River Street wasn't as crowded right now, so maybe she could get away with eating here before everyone was outside.

Samus was never the type to be picky about food, and she didn't have a favorite kind either, so she chose a place to walk into based on size. A smaller, newer shop grabbed her attention, and she pushed the door open to step inside Ryu Tenchi. She didn't wear her armor unless she was working, so instead of her near iconic suit, she had on fairly plain clothing. The only thing that stood out was the bright orange jacket that she kept unzipped, and the odd, metallic sphere hanging on the chain around her neck.

#1 Samus Aran, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Genji Shimada likes this.
  2. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji was getting the hang of the whole business thing. Of course, it was also pretty close to the time when Hanzo would finally be discharged from the hospital, much to the delight of the hospital staff. Still, it wasn't a bad experience and it had made Genji understand how it felt to be in Hanzo's position, even if running a ramen shop was something completely different than being the leader of a criminal clan.

Genji was dealing with the clientele for the time being and that was when his eyes landed on a blonde woman wearing an orange jacket. He was pretty sure he had never met her, but for some reason he had gotten that feeling that he had seen her somewhere else before somehow. It was odd and it was bugging him that he couldn't recall anything regarding it that would help and for a few seconds he just stared at her before he remembered that she probably came there to eat.

"Oh, welcome. What would you like?" Genji asked somewhat absent-mindedly, which wasn't good behavior for the owner of the establishment but he really couldn't help it this time.

Samus Aran likes this.
  3. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She instinctually took in the shop's layout first, making note of the positions of furniture, windows, and doors. As paranoid as it might sound if she tried to explain it to someone that wasn't in the military for a while, she liked to know where all the potential exits, blind spots, and cover was in a building. It gave her a better sense of control in case things did somehow go wrong. To anyone else, it just looked like she was taking in the noodle shop's decor, which she was also doing on some level. Samus had no idea if this was accurate to Japanese tradition, but it looked very nice in its simplicity.

Her eyes fell on someone with a uniform on as he spoke to her, and she couldn't help but stare as well. What appeared to be a robotic ninja was working here. Was this part of the theme the ramen shop was going for? It was certainly unique. But...that voice was familiar. She was sure she'd remember meeting anyone that looked like he did though. Maybe it was just an elaborate costume. There was probably a regular person underneath all those metal plates, but it was a pretty tight suit...

"...I'm not sure," she said, finding an empty table in a quiet corner to sit down. "This is my first time here." As tired as she was, Samus still had this feeling that she was missing an important detail. "Anything you'd recommend?" she asked, still watching his movements. He didn't carry himself like a guy that did nothing but work in a restaurant for a living. Just who was he?

4. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hearing the woman speak, Genji was very distracted by her voice, not because it sounded nice or anything, but because it sounded very familiar to the cyborg's ears. He couldn't for the life of him remember who this woman was though, but he was certain that he had talked to her before. He was so distracted by this, that he didn't properly register what she was saying.

"Uh... excuse me, but what is your name? I feel like we have met before..." He awkwardly asked, not even being able to recall what she had just asked him in his daze.

Samus Aran likes this.
  5. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "...Have we?" she asked, staring back at the ninja. No, she was sure she hadn't seen anyone that matched his description before, but maybe the person inside the suit had run into her at some point. Probably in the Blackhaven district... or on a mission. She'd gotten into struggles with other mercenaries or bounty hunters before. Samus tensed up, though she didn't reach for her gun or activate her suit yet. She'd only do anything if he came at her first.

"My name's Samus. Is there going to be a problem here?" Despite just wanting to eat and go to sleep as fast as possible, she was very much willing to defend herself.

6. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    When she mentioned her name, everything started making sense to Genji. Her name was pretty unique, but now she was able to attach her voice to something more familiar, even if it still sounded a bit different. She was that one mercenary he met while trying to rescue some kids in a hostage situation. Thinking about it, she only saw him while he was human and he had only seen her in her armor, now, the exact opposite was happening.

"Samus huh? Yo, this is Genji. Remember me?" He casually greeted her with his more typical ninja greeting, noticing that she had gotten a little more defensive. "So this is how you look like outside of your armor..."

He had to admit, she was pretty good on the eyes. Almost a shame that she had to walk around covered in armor from head to toe, but it was understandable. Judging from the damage she caused to that building that one day, that armor and the weapons installed in it were definitely something to be feared and that kind of intimidating presence was good for a mercenary to have.

Samus Aran likes this.
  7. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    “Wait… you work here?” Samus asked, finally remembering him. The self proclaimed ninja that had gone in alone to save those two children from a gang. The one that threw his sword to stop a gunman. What was up with this new costume though? The rather... form fitting costume that she was making a point to not check out now that she recognized him as Genji.

“Not the day job I was picturing you having,” she continued, relaxing again. That could have been embarrassing if she had actually drawn her pistol. It was always interesting to see people's reactions to the person underneath her armor. “Yes, it's hard to eat with a cannon for a hand and a sealed helmet on, so I try to leave it at home when I'm not at work.” The sarcasm was hard to miss, but Samus wasn't on the edge of being hostile anymore.

8. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "You and me both. This was my brother's idea." Genji chuckled.

He had gotten more than his fair share of odd looks from customers entering the place and more often than not that had led to him meeting new people through sheer curiosity alone. Children in particular were pretty fond of him and often would sneak away from their parents to come ask him questions. Cute, but sometimes inconvenient and it had let to more than a few awkward talks with parents,

"I suppose a cyborg working at a restaurant does help attract some curious customers from time to time." He shrugged.

Samus Aran likes this.
  9. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The more Genji spoke, the more things she learned about him. He had a brother here, apparently. He had actual family around and yet he still risked his own life taking on possibly deadly jobs? Interesting. The fact that he was a cyborg was more surprising though. Samus was sire he didn't have any mechanical parts last time they had met. Just what caused that to happen? How much of that "suit" he was wearing was actually his body?

"...I don't see you for a few months, and you show up again covered in metal. How rough of a fight did you lose? Or was this just a voluntary upgrade?" she asked. She was genuinely curious now. He was moving well for someone who might have been heavily injured not long ago. Did he have accelerated healing as well?

10. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It was a fair assumption to make that Genji had gotten himself involved in a bad situation that left him badly injured. It wasn't even wrong per se, except for the timeframe.

"A little of both, but I have been a cyborg for over a decade now. When we first met, I had been granted my original body back, but the effect ran out back in Spring." It still felt a little crazy to actually say it was the effect of magic, in spite of the time Genji had spent in Pandora, but it should've been obvious enough that had caused the change must have been magical in nature. "This is how I am, usually. Not as handsome, but more skilled" He joked, although there was a definite cockiness in his words.

Samus Aran likes this.