By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Another Horizon

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Roxas, Jun 14, 2019 at 7:08 PM.

1. Roxas

Roxas Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Nobody
    -June 17th,
    -Year 108

After opening his eyes, it took a moment for Roxas to realize he was lying face first on the ground. Using his arms as leverage, he lifted his head from the dirt to see... a forest? It must have been, there were trees in practically every direction. Wasn’t he just in front of the castle? Roxas lifted himself, looking towards the sky. Kingdom Hearts wasn’t there.
    Obviously, something took him here. Those black cords, they acted with a mind of their own. Maybe it was a Heartless, or the Organization. Whatever it was, they were in the way. Roxas didn’t have time to think up answers, he had to get back to the castle. He turned his head, viewing his new surroundings. It was all mostly the same, shades of green coming from the wildlife, with an occasional hint of color. No sign of anyone. He was alone, with only the sound of insects as company. At this point, sticking around here didn’t seem helpful. Then, something besides the sound of nature struck his attention. Roxas turned towards the sound, instinctively summoning Keyblades. He didn’t see anyone but heard the sound of foliage being stepped on. “Hey, stop wasting my time! Just come out and tell me what’s going on!” yelled Roxas, projecting towards the noise. If he had to guess, whoever was out there probably didn’t have good intentions for him. For all he knew, the person who brought him here came to get rid him forever. There was no way Roxas would let that happen. He had to keep his promise, no matter what.

Sora likes this.
  2. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    What happened?

Sora awoke to the canopied sky above him. Leaved swayed softly, casting blurry shadows over Sora and the forest floor. Slowly, but surely, he came back to his senses. Grass and moss tickled his exposed skin. Something, probably a stick, poked uncomfortably at his side. His head hurt a little, but it didn't feel bruised; more like a headache after a long day.

Sitting up proved to be a more difficult process than normal. His head and back protested the movements. The last thing Sora remembered was wandering aimlessly through the forest. Again. Sora frowned. When did he fall asleep? Trying to think back, all Sora got was the feeling of an aching heart and then nothing. Weird.

The sound of movement nearby caught his attention. It wasn't the normal crunch of a squirrel or whisper of a bird's wings. No. This was much bigger. Like, a person big. Or a predator. Sora sprang to his feet, curious and nervous. Pandora wasn't exactly the easiest place to predict. Thankfully, an all too familiar voice called out to him. All of Sora's nerves instantly dissipated. A huge smile bloomed across his face and he leapt through the foliage to find none other than his Nobody.

"Roxas!" Sora exclaimed, laughing and he jumped forward to try and envelop the other boy in a hug.

Roxas likes this.
  3. Roxas

Roxas Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Nobody
    Roxas knew this face. He'd seen it before. It was a bit older, but there was no mistaking it.
    This was the boy in his dreams.
    As if responding to this recognition, Roxas felt a throbbing in his head. The pain that came at that moment almost made him lose balance, an certainly caused him to drop his blades. Falling to his knees, Roxas put his hands towards the side of his head in an attempt to lessen the pain. When the other boy came closer, all Roxas could do was weakly push him away. Something about his face, though, reminded him of Twilight Town. Not just Twilight Town, but something... important? No, someone important, that girl. Roxas desperately tried to recall what happened, despite the increasing throbbing. He definitely saw this boy’s face that day, but how or why wasn’t coming to him. Despite his attempt, the mental agony was too much to bear. When Roxas stopped pushing through the pain, it started to subside. After a few seconds, it had decreased to a manageable level.
    Scrambling to regain his fighting stance, Roxas snagged his Keyblades from the ground and swung towards the sky, directly in front of himself. He wasn’t sure where the boy was standing after he pushed him but he needed to keep some distance. He also tried his best to not hurt the boy, since he still needed answers. “How do you know my name?” Roxas responded, visibly angered.

Sora likes this.
  4. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Sora stopped dead in his tracks, arms still outstretched for an empty hug, as Roxas doubled over in pain. What happened? "Are you okay?!" Sora cried, worry taking over joy. Sure, he had a headache, but he didn't think he could give that to Roxas. Something was wrong. Sora's hands shifted forward to try and help stabilize Roxas, but they quickly flew back in surrender when Roxas suddenly pushed Sora away. Not only that, Roxas actually took a swing at Sora with his keyblade! Sora had to jump back just to avoid the strike

"Roxas?" Sora asked, growing more and more worried by the second. That worried quadrupled when Roxas had no idea who he was. Time travel maybe? "It's me. Sora. We're..." What where they exactly? Roxas was his Nobody, but Roxas was so much more than that too. Brothers didn't really feel right though.

After a moments though, Sora smiled. He put his fist on his hip and swiped the other hand under his nose with a chuckle. "We're friends."

Roxas likes this.
  5. Roxas

Roxas Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Nobody
    That name, Sora. Hearing it brought back the headache, thankfully more bearable than before. It still left a pained expression on Roxas’s face, but he managed to keep his composure. Similar to what had just happened seconds ago, the name also brought back fragments of memory to Roxas. Parts of what had happened were beyond his recollection, but there was enough to remember some of what had happened yesterday.

For some reason, Roxas got in a fight with one of his friends. He couldn’t remember how it started, who won, or even the name of the girl. What Roxas did remember was something she said before disappearing. I belong with Sora. And now, I am going back... to be with him.
    This person, Sora, he took away his friend. The only person Roxas had left was gone because of him.

They were friends? Roxas hadn’t met him once before today! Sora must have been trying to mess with him. The way he smiled after saying that almost looks like he enjoyed confusing Roxas. “Do you think I’m an idiot?” Roxas replied, his patience wearing thin. “I don’t know you! All I know about you is that you have my friend.” Lifting a Keyblade towards Sora, Roxas made a demand. “Tell me where she is Sora, or I’ll force you to give out some answers!”.

Sora likes this.
  6. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Sora balked. Roxas doubled and tripled down on his aggression. That wasn't the reaction Sora thought he'd get, especially not from... Okay, actually if he thought about it, this wasn't the first time Roxas attacked him or threatened him. Put the last time they met, in the world of dreams, Sora thought they'd come to some sort of understanding!

Hands still in the air, Sora eyed the end of Roxas's keyblade warily. His glaze flicked between the sword and Roxas's angry visage. Roxas wasn't making any sense. "I don't have anyone!" Sora pleaded, "Roxas, I'm on your side. Even if you don't remember it, I do. You said I was your other. What does your heart say now?" Sora placed his hand on his own heart, trying desperately to reach his Nobody before it turned into a fight; again. The heart wouldn't forget. So long as Roxas could find it, Sora was sure Roxas would realize he was making a big mistake.

Smiling once more, Sora stretched out his hand, offering it to Roxas. "I don't know who you're looking for, but I'm sure we could find her together."

Roxas likes this.
  7. Roxas

Roxas Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Nobody
    “Heart? I don’t have a heart. I’m a Nobody, with a capital N. We don't get hearts.” Roxas’s temper subsided some, realizing that Sora might not have any ill intent for him. Obviously, Sora didn’t really know who Roxas was, even if he acted as if he did. Maybe he was just delusional, or just confused. If anything, Roxas is just as confused as Sora. Also, Sora seemed to act as if he actually knew him. He looked like he was actually worried about Roxas. He slightly lowered the Keyblade.
    “Look, I don’t actually want to fight you. I just want answers. How did I get here? And what do you mean by “I was your other?”

Sora likes this.
  8. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Although Roxas's temper decreased, Sora could feel his own flare (if only for a second). Nobodies didn't have hearts. Everyone knew that. Yet, the lie that Xemnas told to both his fellow Nobodies and everyone else burned boiled Sora's blood. Nobodies could gain hearts of their own. They were people, just like Sora. Yet, Xemnas used the members of the original Organization and lied to them, telling them that the only way to gain a heart was by creating a fake Kingdom Hearts. That single lie hurt so many people.

Sora shook his head. "I know you have a heart Roxas. I've felt it. You're not just a Nobody. After all," Sora placed a hand back on his chest and closed his eyes. Even if he couldn't feel Roxas's heart anymore, the echos of pain and Roxas's memories still remained. "Somebody without a heart wouldn't be in this much pain."

It didn't really occur to Sora earlier that Roxas might be new to Pandora. He was just so happy to see a familiar face that the possibility totally skipped his mind. Wide eyed, Sora realized his mistake. "Crud. You just got here didn't you? Oh man, how do I explain this. Well, this world is called Pandora. Apparently someone or something here has been kidnapping people from their worlds and trapping them here." Sora sighed. If he hated the thought of being trapped in Pandora he could only imagine how Roxas might feel.

"As for the other part... well..." Sora rubbed his head sheepishly. "I guess you said that because you're my Nobody."

Roxas likes this.
  9. Roxas

Roxas Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Nobody
    Most of what Sora said didn't make much sense to Roxas. It might be possible that he had a heart, but wouldn't he be able to tell if there was a heart inside of him? There was no way to look inside himself and find out.
    Pain... is that what Roxas had felt? While Thinking about the past few days, there was something he felt inside of him. There were times that it almost seemed that something was pulling at his chest. Even months ago, there was this tugging inside of him. It was hard to notice, but it was there. That could be a heart. Or it could be empty space where a heart should be, eating away at what was left of him. Roxas wasn't sure which, if any explanation was the truth.

Roxas was about to ask more about whoever took him here; however, Sora claiming that Roxas was his Nobody stopped him in his tracks. The words that did come out of his mouth were a surprised "What?". It took a half-second for Roxas to compose himself, replying with "If I'm your Nobody, then that means you cant be alive right now! And wouldn't I have your memories?" Though, he seemed fairly sincere in what he was telling Roxas. Also, Roxas didn't have memories of his past, but it still made no sense for him to be Sora's Nobody. " I don't think your lying to me, Sora, but are sure that whoever you met was me?"

Sora likes this.
  10. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Sora didn't really have an answer for Roxas's questions. Actually, he had no idea that Roxas was supposed to have his memories or that he lacked said memories. The bit about why Sora was around at the same time as Roxas was a good question though. Sora crossed his arms over his chest and tucked his chin down, thinking as he tipped his head this way and that.

"I'm not really sure." Sora admitted. "Most of the stuff I know about Nobodies turned out to be lies. But you said I am your other. Plus all the members of Organization XIII kept calling me by your name. Do you know how annoying that is?" Sora put his hands on his hips and scowled.

"The first time I met you, you attacked me in the World That Never Was. But, now that I think about it... did it really happen?" The memory of fighting Roxas that first time was still vivid in Sora's mind. He could still feel the sting of every blow. Yet, Donald and Goofy didn't see Roxas that time. But Namine knew Roxas. And when they combined, Kairi was there and she could see Roxas. The other time he met Roxas was in the Realm of Sleep. Sora's frowned deeply.

"No, I'm sure of it. We met and we fought. After that we fused. Only, I saw you again in the Realm of Sleep. I don't really know how you're here now, but I'm glad you are." Sora grinned. "I've said it before and I'll say it again. You deserve as much as I do to be your own person. So I'm glad you can finally do that."

Roxas likes this.
  11. Roxas

Roxas Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Nobody
    Most of what Sora said didn't line up or still made no sense to Roxas. After a few moments of thinking, Roxas figured that most of this couldn't have happened. If Sora had met the Organization, wouldn't Roxas has known or been told about it? The Organization tended to keep plenty of secrets, especially for Roxas. It sort of might make sense for them to call Sora by Roxas's name. Though that would mean everyone else knew that he was Sora's Nobody, and no one ever bothered to tell Roxas. He'd expect the Organization not to care what Roxas knew, but Roxas being Sora's nobody still made no sense." I think they just wanted to confuse you. Maybe they just wanted you to think I was your Nobody."
    The next part absolutely could not have happened. Roxas had fought Sora before? And then they "fused"? It almost felt like being in Wonderland again, talking to a cat that might have been crazy. Though talking to a cat didn't make sense at all, but it happened. Any fury that Roxas might have had was replaced with befuddlement. "That's nice of you to say, but you keep saying that I've met you. The thing is, I haven't actually seen you before. Well, I have, but those were just dreams. I haven't seen you in person. I don't even know what a sleeping world is, or how you met the Organization."

#11 Roxas, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:11 PM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    Sora likes this.