HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Another Sanctuary For Bats? [Byakuren&Raphael]

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Raphael Santiago, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Raphael Santiago

Raphael Santiago The Mortal Instruments

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Byakuren Hijiri | September 28th | 10pm
    [​IMG]
    This was feeling good. Getting out into other towns, discussing potential alliances and meeting new people. Almost like back in New York, when he was leading the Brooklyn Clan. Only, that the alliance partners were definitely different - some human hunter, a werewolf, and now? A Buddhist priestess. If Raphael heard that right. He made a mental note to ask her about her title, as he was walking down the street towards the construction site.

The news about the fundraiser had, of course, reached his ears as well, and the thought had made him smile. People getting the chance to practice their religion freely was always a reason to be happy - unless it was one of those rare cases, were a religious cult was hurting people; he was sure, this wasn't the case here though. Byakuren seemed interested in peace - as did he. Raphael was honest to himself: He knew way too little about Buddhism than he probably should, but he was hoping this talk would change that. A friendly, respectful conversation between people of different faiths.

Before meeting up here, the clan leader had sent Ms Hijiri a message to ask when would be the best time for a meeting. Since she sure was busy with the construction of the temple, and he had to work most nights, there had been no sense in simply trying to catch her here without informing her beforehand. Raphael knew how difficult such talks could be, if the other got a bad impression of him, and he wanted to avoid that by any cost. That too was the reason, he was wearing a dark red suit jacket, with a matching shirt and black jeans - something fitting the occasion, not that far away from his usual style, although he had stopped wearing suit jackets all the time, after he had come to Pandora where it didn't seem necessary anymore; his shoulder bag, of course, hanging off his shoulder, entailing the small box that kept his lizard egg safe and warm.

As he finally reached the plaza, the construction work seemed paused for the night. That made sense, seeing how late it already was by human standards. But of course, it had been impossible to meet at an earlier time, with the sun and all. "Ms Hijiri?" he called out, sensing her presence nearby.
    I hope you like it! Should anything be unfitting, tell me and I'll change it. Especially regarding the meeting point. c:

Byakuren Hijiri likes this.
  2. Byakuren Hijiri

Byakuren Hijiri Touhou Project
    The Sealed Great Magician

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Today's workload for the temple's construction had gone smoothly, Byakuren was quite glad everything was going according to the plan. The money she got for the fundraiser was definitely enough to get everything to come to fruition, especially having gotten the help of a leprechaun! Just the thought that it wouldn't take long before that particular goal would be fulfilled left Byakuren smiling.

Even better was that she had been contacted by a clan leader to discuss a potential partnership. The prospect of getting more followers for Bishamonten was exciting, but arranging a meeting turned out to be quite problematic due to conflicting schedules. Fortunately they did manage to come to an agreeable time to meet.

The construction workers had already left as it was too late to keep the construction going, especially when night-time was when the spirits were at their most active. Byakuren had been helping with the construction herself, her magic being quite helpful in terms of getting large amounts of material moved from place to place at once, but that did mean she was left in a less than presentable state by the end of the day, her clothes were all dusty and she had even gotten some stains on it during the process, her hair was very unkept and she had even sweated a little during her hard work... It was utterly dreadful.

The construction ended up taking longer than expected and so by the time she heard a voice calling out, she didn't get a chance to go home and get herself fixed up. Well, she had no choice but to meet up with him that way. Stepping into view through the misty night, Byakuren spotted the man she was looking for.

"Mr. Santiago?" She called out as she approached, looking embarrassed to the point she was avoiding making direct eye contact with him, especially once she noticed how he was well-dressed. "My, how distasteful of me to meet you in this state, after you came all the way here..." She began dusting herself off in a vain attempt to get herself to look at least a little better, but if nothing else she was just drawing more attention to how dusty she was. "My apologies, the construction ended up taking longer than expected and I didn't get the time to prepare for the occasion."

It was clear from the mortified look on her face that she was pretty much dying on the inside. This was not the way to greet a potential ally and even outside that, as much as she didn't like to admit it, the priestess had a good amount of vanity in her that was just screaming at her for this awful presentation.

#2 Byakuren Hijiri, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Raphael Santiago likes this.
  3. Raphael Santiago

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Embarrassment seemed to seep out of her every pore when she came closer, desperately trying to clean her clothes from the dust. Raphael might've been scared to appear underdressed, but now that he was almost overdressed, the vampire simply smiled and lifted his hands to calm her down. "Don't be sorry, please. I'm well aware of the fact that construction work is dirty. If anything I admire that you work here as well, helping to actually construct it. Not that I would've expected any less, really." Ms Hijiri was by far better than many self-called leaders, who let their assistants and slaves do everything while they themselves never moved a finger. The fact that she helped so passionately, that the time slipped her attention, was impressive to the clan leader.

When she continued to dust off her dress, he couldn't help but cough a bit. A moment later, he even sneezed. Vampire noses and every other sense organ were much more sensitive to things around them, which could easily result in Raphael getting a headache because of a multitude of overwhelming smells, or sneezing because of dust.

"Would you want to get changed, or..? I have time, I wouldn't mind." And he meant it. It was only naturally, that she wouldn't want to talk politics while the construction dust still clung to her clothes and her hair. Raphael wanted her to get comfortable. "Please, get comfortable first. I don't believe that it would do you any good to feel bad in my presence. Which, I can assure you, you don't have to." An honest smile accompanied his words.

This kind of talk, polite but honest, he had learned during more than enough clan meetings back in New York. This was the way of speech to signal your conversation partners respect, but also the ability to speak your mind. The honesty in this wasn't faked though.

4. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    He was trying to comfort her, something that Byakuren could definitely appreciate. It put her at ease to know he didn't mind too terribly much that she had arrived to their meeting in such a bad state, not enough to rid her of her embarrassment, but still good enough to give her some relief.

"You're too kind." She said, letting out a sigh that relieved her of some of the stress... but then it all came back when she noticed him coughing and sneezing thanks to her dusting off. The moment she noticed it, her hand went straight to covering her mouth in shock. "Ah! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to...!"

Well, there went her composure. Everything was being such a disaster and she was surely testing the poor man's patience with her antics. When he offered to let her change outfits and get herself comfortable, she was certain that he was offering just for the sake of actually getting things done without risking having to deal with a sneezing fit.

"Would... Would you mind if we did our little chat at my house?" She offered, sounding outright defeated as she uncovered her mouth and began running a hand through her messy hair idly, the embarassment still being as clear as the day. "I could try to get myself cleaned up quickly and, perhaps, you would like something to drink?"

When she agreed to a meeting, she thought doing it outside her house would be better. Ever since she started dealing with the spirits in Misty Hollow she's had many of the creatures around visit her at her house. She didn't mind usually, it was good to have company and they did behave for the most part, but it did often leave the place feeling a little crowded. However, in these circumstances she had no choice other than hope that she wouldn't be having any unexpected guests tonight.

5. Raphael Santiago

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    The sneezing ebbed down after a moment more, as he stopped breathing and turned his head away, waiting for the cloud to disperse on its own. He could hear how sorry she was and just shook his head. "Not your fault, it's okay." Raphael gifted her an honest smile, hoping that would be enough to calm her nerves.

"I wouldn't mind, no. Lead the way." Taking a walk through a park would've been a good way to have this talk, but to sit down and discuss it with a cup of whatever they would drink, was completely okay as well. He was fine with both. In his past, there had been a lot of different leaders and ambassadors to talk with, each with their own quirks and preferences - so, really, whatever worked for her best, he would adapt to.

The question about the drink was left unanswered, but he was trying to avoid making her even more nervous and uncomfortable, which she surely would have gotten, had he mentioned, that he had his own thermos flask of animal blood with him and didn't need to be poured a drink out of politeness. Maybe later, when it actually came to the drinking part, Raphael would politely decline, or maybe mix a bit of blood into the tea - he assumed it would be tea.

While they walked towards her house, the vampire felt the need to start this conversation slowly, with a bit of small talk. Not that he was good at small talk, especially when it was forced, but he was sure, questions about the construction itself would be a good topic to start this off and maybe erase some awkwardness. "If I may ask," he started, interest in his eyes, "how long do you think you still need to finish the temple? Is the construction progressing quicker than you thought it would?"

6. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Byakuren nodded, grateful that her guest didn't seem to be too displeased with her at the moment. She still couldn't help herself but sigh as she began leading him towards her house. As they walked, she took off her straw hat and ran a hand through her hair once again with her free hand. Once he began asking her about the construction, she smiled.

"It might take a couple of months, it is quite an ambitious project and a large building and even with all the money that was donated, there are still occasional problems with the mischievous creatures nearby. It would be done faster if it was done inside the barrier, but unfortunately that also goes against my goals with the temple." As she explained, her mood seemed to improve and she began holding her hat with both hands, one at each side and began idly spinning it at a slow pace.

She looked at the clan leader, taking notice of the interest in his eyes and being reminded that if everything went well they could have a great partnership between each other. Even with her initial stumble, the situation was still looking promising and that was slowly melting her stress away.

"I cannot give a certain date but I can say that you will find the end result to be quite impressive. It could be done during the next month with some luck, after all, it has, in fact, been going faster than anticipated."

The walk towards her house turned out to be a fairly short one. Byakuren had made sure that her house would be near the temple to allow her to be keep tabs on it as often as she could. Once they arrived she simply gestured to Mr. Santiago which one was hers and she led him inside, turning the lights on to see that, fortunately, there were no unwanted guests in there.

The living room was pretty big, in fact the entire house looked a little too big for just one person to live in. The decoration was pretty simplistic and there wasn't much in terms of technology in it. No TV or electronics of any kinds were to be found in there, but there was a small table on one of the sides of the room for them to sit in, as well as a couch on the other side.

"There isn't much, but please make yourself at home, I will take a quick shower and prepare some tea. My apologies for the inconvenience."

And so, with a courteous bow, she headed into the kitchen to make the tea and then would leave it heating there as she left towards the shower upstairs to take a quick bath.

#6 Byakuren Hijiri, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  7. Raphael Santiago

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    For as long as she talked, Raphael listened and nodded to signal attention. Mischievous creatures? Was she referring to the quite malicious presences he had sensed on his way here? Dark energy seemed to wave through the air at all times, especially outside of the barrier that he had left after coming from the mirror network portal inside it. Others might've been scared at the overwhelming auras the semi-corporeals were giving off, especially if they had something like a sixth sense; Raphael though had spend too much time lurking in the - literal and metaphorical - shadows of humanity, to be afraid of the darkness or its inhabitants. "I wish you the best success with it then. I'm sure you'll be able to work around the obstacles." He didn't offer help right off the bat. Before they hadn't talked, Raphael didn't want to commit to deeply to the cause, while he at the same time of course meant what he had said. He genuinely wished her success with all of this.

As they reached her house, the clan leader was surprised about the minimalist interior - but then again, no, he really wasn't. It seemed fitting for her, if anything he heard about her religion was true. A warm smile crossed his face for a moment as he nodded towards her. "There's nothing to apologize for, but thank you." After she left for the kitchen, he headed towards the table and sank into one of the chairs, carefully placing the shoulder bag on the surface for a moment to check up on the box containing his lizard egg. Relief filled him when he was yet again greeted with an intact wooden box and no signs of a crack or anything similarly concerning. He closed the lid of his bag again and put it onto the floor next to him.

The smell of tea filled the living room made his thoughts wander off to somewhere else. For a minute or more, the vampire let his mind dwell on a memory not that far in the past. Magnus, his warlock friend, and him sitting in the former's apartment and talking about their day. The other man drinking tea from his mother's china and telling Raphael about his latest client, while the vampire listened, sipping on his own cup of tea. Only that his one had a shot of blood in it.

Sounds of footsteps approaching made him snap out of that memory and he realized that it probably had been more than just a minute of drifting off. Taking an unnecessary breath, the clan leader focused back on the topic at hand. Alliance talk. Right.

8. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    A bath was everything she really needed to calm her nerves. Warm, refreshing water washing away all the dirt, sweat and stress, it was almost like it was a fountain of youth with how it rejuvenating her. She made sure to not spend too much time in there though and so once she was done getting the excess out she headed out and put on a different set of clothes.

Once she came back downstairs, Raphael would see her wearing a kimono except that her hair was tied in a bun with the help of a traditional hairpin that had a lotus on its top. It was a special occasion so she thought she might as well dress up nicely for it. She first went to the kitchen and put all the tea into a kettle and taking it and two mugs over to the table.

She poured some tea for Raphael and handed him his mug, sitting opposite to him and getting her own tea poured. Now that she was completely refreshed she was more than ready to talk her night away with him if need be.

"It's a little hot so do be careful when drinking."
    She advised him with a warm, quite cheerful smile on her face. "Now then, you wanted to talk about an alliance, yes?"

#8 Byakuren Hijiri, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  9. Raphael Santiago

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    His eyes sparkled with admiration when he laid them onto her kimono. The craftspersonship was utterly astounding and it fit her well, especially in combination with the traditional hair pin. Overall, she looked refreshed, almost as if she had a soft glow emitting from her skin. With an honest smile, Raphael thanked her for the tea and added: "May I say, that kimono is gorgeous."

The moment, she brought the alliance into the conversation again, Raphael's expression grew a bit more serious, but the smile remained for the moment. "Yes, exactly." He cleared his throat, tracing the rim of the mug with his thumb. "After hearing about your efforts to build a temple here and the fundraiser you did, I felt the need to contact you. I am currently establishing alliances with very different leaders, and I was hoping to talk about one with you as well. About our goals and how we might profit from working together."

Talking with a buddhist priestess about an alliance, surely wasn't something Raphael had ever thought he would get the chance to do so. He had had meetings with other clan leaders, sometimes with the head of a shadowhunters institute, but that was about as foreign as it could get. He was hoping this to be a pleasant experience, one he would remember fondly. Not that Ms Hijiri had given him any doubt that he would.

10. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Why, thank you. That outfit suits you very well too, it's quite charming." Byakuren smiled, glad for the compliment and making sure to give him one of her own.

She hadn't really paid too much attention on his clothing, other than the fact he was well dressed compared to the mess she was before, but looking back at it, he had definitely dressed himself for the occasion. It wasn't a very extravagant outfit, unlike her kimono which she couldn't deny was very flashy, but it gave him a nice look.

Once he began talking about he had been estabilishing alliances with different leaders, Byakuren couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in curiosity. She took a sip of her tea as she listened to him, blowing at it before drinking so as to make it cool off a little, or attempt to. This seemed like a good opportunity for her to get some more information not only on the young man's clan, but of the overall situation of the people in Pandora. At the end of the day, it certainly felt like she had gotten lucky despite her rather bad start.

"I see. I must say, I'm not very knowledgeable about how things have been going with the society here in Pandora. I have arrived in here fairly recently and have been focused on my temple and this town so much I didn't have the time to look at it more in-depth. Could you perhaps tell me what you know about how the relationship between humans and others has developed so far?"

11. Raphael Santiago

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    "Thank you," he gave back, smiling at her. While his outfit might not've been as flashy as hers, both were fitting for the occasion, since she and he himself felt comfortable in their respective clothes. Which, was honestly what counted the most. It didn't matter a lot for Raphael what his business partners were wearing, as long as their words convinced him. But he understood why people felt the need to look different for different events, and this was certainly one of the more serious events.

The tea warmed his hands as he held it without drinking. Her question came as a surprise to him, but he nodded to her request and gave her a smile. "Sure, of course." Well, how was the situation at the moment? The fae were more or less terrorizing the woods and the people of Misty Hollow; there was this AI virus going on still and the robots were targeted for what they were because of it; and the tension between the supernatural population of Pandora Town and the mundanes there had only recently decreased after months of Raphael being extra careful about disclosing his status.

He cleared his throat. "I'm sure you've heard about the fae problems, right? A friend of mine and I, we have a cabin in the Silverwood, and we spent the whole summer rebuilding it, because the trees kept destroying it." It had been pure luck, that it had stopped - at least in their part of the forest - somewhen at the end of August; otherwise, Raphael would've had no chance of getting Simon somewhere safe after the stunt he had pulled on the Starktower. Though that hadn't been his fault exactly, to be fair - the weeks before, and especially the death of his best friend had thrown the young vampire completely off balance. He had needed a way to cope, which had sadly ended up being his participation in Nerve. Simon was on his way of recovery now and Raphael and Caroline - Simon's girlfriend - did their best to be there for him.

"There's also the problem with the AI virus and how the mundanes are scared of their robot friends. You see? There seems to be a virus going around which infects robots and changes them- their mind, specifically. They will shut down and then attack others, but afterwards they can't remember ever doing that. While I can see why this would be concerning for obvious reasons, I personally didn't understand why the scientists working on a cure, opted for a firewall instead at first, and even made it mandatory for every AI to have. They said, robots would get forced to get it, for their own safety - which sounds rather fishy to me, to be honest." The vampire sighed after trying his best to sound neutral, but serious, when giving his explanation. Neither he, nor she, he assumed, were involved in the conflict, so it wouldn't be fair to get very opinionated. Still, he wanted to tell Ms Hijiri his view on the matter. "From what I understood, this would more or less be fighting fire with fire. They're infected with a virus that turns them into sleeper cells? Why not install another program, that could very well do exactly the same, but it's from the good guys, so it doesn't count, right? With all due respect, I think that was not the wisest decision they've made."

12. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Byakuren listened to Raphael talk about the on-goings of Pandora. She was, obviously, aware of the problems happening in Misty Hollow. She had been trying to bring peace between both sides of the conflict, but due to the nature of the people involved, that was proving to be quite a task for a single person to manage. Hence why getting followers was important, to get more people spreading her words would give them more power and help solve that problem.

The thing about an AI virus... She had heard of it but couldn't quite understand the happenings. Raphael's explanation did shed some light into it, she knew what robots were by this point and what she was hearing was essentially a kind of mind control specific to them and the solution given to the problem had it's own issues from what she was hearing about it. She would have to learn about it in more detail later in order to form an opinion on it, but what she was hearing right now did not sound promising.

"I see... I was aware of the situation in Misty Hollow, but it's always nice to hear from different perspectives. With the temple getting closer to completion, maybe I should start trying to get myself more informed on the happenings of the world..." She said, mostly thinking aloud and then taking a sip of her tea. "But what about your situation, specifically? You wouldn't be looking for allies such as myself if everything was going smoothly for you and your clan, am I correct?"