By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private antagonistic saint

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Jeanne d'Arc Alter, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Race:
    Heroic(?) Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    @Ritsuka Fujimaru
    November 3rd, Y109
    Oakheart

Being thrust from the bustling concrete jungle of Shinjuku into this little slice of nature was jarring, to say the least. It reminded Jeanne of the France that she grew up in in terms of how backwater it was. Did these people never move beyond the middle ages? She sneered at a group of children playing, then glared at a merchant selling fruits and whatnot. It was so... quiet. Dull. Boring. She hated it, and she wanted to get out. Only problem was that she had idiotically wandered in during the early morning, and had just been waiting for night to come so that she could leave in relative peace. Time was passing way too slowly for her, though.

Frustrated that she probably didn't have any other choice, Jeanne stepped out of the shadows, her dark armor on full display. A few people turned to look at her as she walked along the street, but she mostly ignored them. Suddenly, a child ran in front of her, causing Jeanne to stumble a bit. The kid- he couldn't have been older than 6, by appearances- tripped on a rock shortly after, crashing face-first into the ground. And he started bawling his eyes out. It was obnoxious, loud, and ear-piercing. This was just making the whole situation even more unpalatable.

Furiously, she grabbed the screaming kid by his shirt and pulled him off the ground. "Shut your mouth, you good-for-nothing brat! Or should I seal it shut for you?!" She exclaimed, shaking him a bit. This, of course, only caused him to cry even louder. The yelling and screaming and crying caused a crowd to form around the area, with nervous villagers murmuring among themselves.

Ritsuka Fujimaru likes this.
  2. Ritsuka Fujimaru

An Extraordinarily Ordinary Girl

Master, Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

「every second, every moment is dear to me-- i, too, am living in the world where you are.」
    .​
    The Crystal Vales... Gudako was worried about her phone breaking while she wandered around them after she purchased it, but it only seemed to shut down and act up sporadically, so. All in all, a win for her?

Traveling around Pandora felt far safer in the company of her Berserker-class Servant, Sakata Kintoki, but she wasn't going to restrict his freedom so he could guard her. When she felt it was safe, she'd let Kintoki wander off on his own after giving him some spending money, and do her own thing until it was time to go. If they weren't able to meet up, a Command Seal that could be replenished in the span of 24 hours was used. Not the easiest, but it was better than nothing.

And so, that's how she wound up alone in the village of Oakheart. Kintoki was off doing his thing, and she was off doing her own. It almost reminded her of Orleans, the medieval look of the buildings and it's citizens. Of course, there were luckily no wyverns ravaging the city, or the area around it-- but it didn't seem like her day would be as peaceful as she hoped it would. As she was checking out some fruit at a local stand, she heard the sounds of a commotion and noted the formation of a crowd. A fight? Curious, Ritsuka made her way closer, hearing citizens whisper worriedly about the child who was facing the wrath of a pale girl in dark armor.

The shouting only served to give the young mage a headache of her own as she began to push through the crowd, murmuring apologies under her breath. If it was who she thought it was... She could only let out a sigh as she reached the front of the crowd, noting the presence of a Servant. One of the familiar faces of Chaldea. A member of the unofficial edgelord squad, and one of her more stronger Servants, to boot. The Avenger-class Jeanne d'arc Alter. Also known as...

"Hey, Jalter? Can you not bully a kid? Please?" She asked incredulously, her tone only expressing a modicum of her disappointment. This might not be the smartest idea, standing against a powerful Servant like her, but she wasn't going to stand by and let her upset a child, or in the worst-case scenario, hurt one. "Just let him go, alright?"

Jeanne d'Arc Alter likes this.
  3. Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Race:
    Heroic(?) Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Through the whispers of the crowd, one voice in particular stood out among them. A girl's voice, one that Jeanne had heard before, one that she could never forget, who wanted to be some kind of hero of justice. Its exasperated tone stopped Jeanne's yelling as she looked to see the one and only Ritsuka Fujimaru standing up to her, asking her to let the kid go. Annoyed, she simply dropped the child to the ground, who used the opportunity to run away, and then turned to face Ritsuka, a sour expression on her face.

"There. I let him go. Happy?" She folded her arms, a good deal of petty anger still remaining in her voice. "And when the hell did I start letting you call me by a friendly nickname? It's like you're just asking for trouble, bitch." The crowd quickly began to disperse, them not wanting to get caught up in what could potentially break out into a fight. Jeanne figured that even if a fight was initiated, there was no chance of Ritsuka beating her, since she was alone, without any of her Servant friends backing her up. "I'll give you a chance to run away if you want, so don't bother me."

4. Ritsuka Fujimaru

Master, Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

「every second, every moment is dear to me-- i, too, am living in the world where you are.」
    .​
    Hm, now that she was actually doing this, she realized that this didn't seem to be her Jalter. Whoops, but a little too late to back down now.

The crowd dispersing and the kid running off helped her feel a little less uneasy, at least. If the Alter decided to burn her up with her vengeful flames, perhaps only she'd be the target. Though she was sure she wouldn't actually get hurt, the thought of getting burnt alive by the other woman's Noble Phantasm made Gudako a little nervous. Not visibly so, of course. In fact, she had her silly little smile on her face, even when she was called a bitch. She was more worried about someone involving the town's law enforcement in this squabble. Not just for their safety, but also because she really didn't want to get arrested or kicked out of town. That'd suck and Steve, Saber, and Kintoki would NOT be happy about that.

"You never really liked it, but it's faster to say than Jeanne d'Arc Alter, or Jeanne Alter, y'know?" This wasn't exactly her Jalter, but considering that she didn't ask who exactly she was, she assumed that she somewhat remembered the young mage. "I know too many Avengers to get away with calling you by just your Class, too... and shouldn't you know by now that trouble's my middle name?"

Sure, she wasn't taking the other too seriously, but if she had to she had her Command Seals to rely on. A quick command and Kintoki would go and wreck her shop... and probably level the town in the process, now that she thought about it. "Berserker and I still looking around, so I don't think I'll run away just yet-- but I'm surprised to see you! In a good way, I mean." She smiled brightly, despite the other girl's hostility. While normally she would refer to her Servants by name, she felt like she needed Jalter to realize that she wasn't alone, and she had a Servant that'd readily kick her ass if needed.

"You don't seem to be the Jalter from Chaldea, though... Did you just get here?"

5. Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Race:
    Heroic(?) Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    That silly smile on Ritsuka's face in spite of Jeanne's admittedly vague threat only served to piss her off even more. "Of course I don't like it! It's patronizingly stupid!" She yelled at the young mage. "And what, are you obligated to look for trouble or something? Don't you have better things to do?" Hearing that the girl did have a Berserker-class Servant with her somewhere did mean that Jeanne would have to be at least somewhat cautious, though, especially since she didn't know who exactly it was. Ritsuka did have a ton of Servants on her side, after all.

Ritsuka saying that she was 'surprised in a good way' to see her did catch her off guard, like a verbal sucker punch. "Y-You really are stupid, huh? It's almost impressive how dense you are." She stuttered just a bit, unsure of why the mage was being friendly to her. Not only that, but apparently there was another one of Jeanne who was allied with Ritsuka for whatever reason (and not the pathetic holy Jeanne). "So what if I did just get here? What's it to you?"

6. Ritsuka Fujimaru

Master, Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

.​
    Ritsuka barely recoiled as she was yelled at by the Avenger, only laughing timidly in response to her rage. While Jeanne Alter was a being of rage, only existing by the virtue of Gilles's wish, the way she tried coming off as scary was quite funny when she was intentionally doing so. It was like a child pretending to be angry. "I mean, not really." She replied with a shrug. "Contrary to what you'd believe, this place is pretty boring once you've gotten used to it."

Flustering Jalter wasn't her goal, but it still was pretty amusing to see. Ritsuka respected her as a fully-fledged individual, but as the self-proclaimed Dragon Witch? Not so much. "Haha, really?" She didn't mind being called stupid, keeping her pleasant smile towards the Servant despite the insults and hostility. "If you just got here, I can help you figure out where you are! This place isn't like any of the Singularities, after all. She offered, extending a hand for a handshake. "Plus, if you keep this stuff up, you're gonna end up in big trouble."

7. Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Race:
    Heroic(?) Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    It was probably going to be impossible to sufficiently intimidate Ritsuka, given her reactions. This didn't mean that Jeanne was going to stop being aggressive toward her, though. "Tch. Is it all sunshine and rainbows, then? That's dumb as shit." She briefly looked away, putting her hand on her hip. Was she seriously going to have to create all the excitement here? Of course, burning a village down for fun would probably put a huge target on her back for Ritsuka to take aim at. How annoying.

Jeanne looked back to Ritsuka's smiling face. She was very obviously not taking her seriously. In fact, she was even offering to help her. "...Fine." Jeanne groaned. "But this is only temporary, got it?!" She didn't bother accepting Ritsuka's handshake. "And don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do!" Her face was still contorted with anger, though she didn't seem quite as mad as before. She could use the help, but it wasn't like she was going to admit it out loud.

8. Ritsuka Fujimaru

Master, Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

.​
    If she knew that Jeanne Alter was being cautious because causing trouble would paint a target on her back, she'd feel a little bad, but not too bad considering it was the truth. She wasn't the best example of it, but she wanted to be a hero of justice. She did what she could to help others, wherever she could whenever she could. If Jeanne Alter would start burning down villages left and right, like she did in Orleans, Ritsuka would be forced to put her down. To eliminate her to protect the people living in Pandora.

Of course, she doesn't have any idea what the Servant is thinking, so that didn't matter too much.

"Compared to the stuff I've been through-- yeah, pretty much." Gudako mused with a casual shrug. "There's stuff to do, obviously, but most of the things are kinda mundane." Well, as long as you didn't think about the sudden appearance of Atlantis at the start of September, and the reports of the ominous 13th Hour. She had yet to investigate either, which was... kind of a crime on her part. She'd really have to fix that soon.

Her smile widened further as Jeanne Alter agreed to hear her out, even if her handshake went ignored. "That's fine with me, Jalter! Thanks for hearing me out!" She replied nonchalantly, ignoring that last bit pointedly. She was right, in a way, but it was mostly just a suggestion. A request for her to use some common sense. "Why don't we walk and talk? Maybe we can find a restaurant to eat at on the way? I'm a little hungry."

Without waiting for the other's response, she began to walk with a light skip to her steps, not minding the Dragon Witch's anger. "Just so I know where to start, what do you know about this place-- Pandora-- so far?"

9. Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Race:
    Heroic(?) Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Yep, it was almost certain- living in Pandora was going to suck. Jeanne let out a small "tch" of annoyance, briefly trying to come up with ways to make Pandora just a bit more exciting. Things like mass murder or destroying an entire city were likely not going to be a viable option... maybe she could steal Christmas or something? ...No, that would be stupid.

She clenched her teeth just a bit at Ritsuka's nonchalant yet cheerful attitude. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just don't go thinking that we're friends or anything." Jeanne warned, looking directly at Ritsuka as she suggested going out to eat. "I'm not hungry." She flatly stated in response. The Avenger wouldn't be interested in eating unless it tasted like vengeance or misery, anyway. She then followed the young mage, her more brooding walk a sharp contrast to the other's joyful skip.

"About Pandora..." Jeanne didn't really know a whole lot, honestly. "...It does look a lot like Earth, but it feels off. Though I suppose the vines that tossed me in here are an obvious clue." Her expression remained sour as she recalled her experiences so far. "You're sure this isn't some kind of weird Singularity?"

10. Ritsuka Fujimaru

Master, Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Date: nov 3rd, y109
    OST: exciting journey
    Tag: jeanne alter

.​
    "Aww, really?" She whined teasingly, "And I thought we were getting along quite well... I'm a little hurt..." She melodramatically put a hand to her forehead, pretending to look hurt. It was clear that she was just goofing around, but it... did admittedly sting a bit. She recovered as Jalter denied her offer of lunch. "That's fine! I know Servants don't need to eat, but I thought I'd offer it anyways." The memories of the crowded dining hall made the teenage mage's smile become a little more warm, recalling the conversations and antics that took place while everyone enjoyed Tamamo Cat and Emiya's cooking.

(Hopefully, she'd get to have some of it again soon. Not even those high-end restaurants could ever hope to compare to their cooking.)

"Nope, not a Singularity. Boy, I never thought I'd miss them, honestly." She whistled slightly, "I don't know all of the nitty-gritty stuff, but basically-- this place is some sort of alternate dimension that pulls people from across time and space, and even from other dimensions. It takes you from your world one day, and once the world's done with you, I guess the tentacles spit you out back where you were before? I dunno." She shrugged. It was a little hard to make it sound coherent, but Jeanne Alter should get it. ... Hopefully.

"By the way, odd question, but what's the last thing you remember? Before getting dragged here, I mean." It was a weird question to suddenly ask, but it would help her understand this Jeanne Alter somewhat. After all, this wasn't the one she contracted with. It'd be nice to have a frame of reference from when she was summoned before she considered offering her a more stable existence-- a contract.

11. Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Race:
    Heroic(?) Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Jeanne scoffed at Ritsuka's dramatically feigned hurt, grinning meanly for a split second. "If that hurts, then you've really gone soft. Should I burn you to toughen you up?" She jokingly threatened, though she wouldn't exactly say no if Ritsuka did want to get set on fire. "Or maybe some freshly cooked meat will burn you for me." Burn her mouth, that is. Wouldn't that be fun to watch?

Her smile turned back into a more sour frown when Ritsuka explained the situation. "Alternate dimensions... You'd think that there would be more chaos running rampant in that case. But instead we get this bullshit." She gestured around her, a few citizens watching her nervously. "It's so boring. How the hell does this place manage to stay peaceful?"

"Before I got here? Shinjuku." She recalled the evil quarantined city. Even that was a little too much for someone like her. Everyone was killing and stealing and just generally being douchebags. It got tiring after a while, especially since she wasn't completely on top. "Why are you asking? Don't tell me you're from the future or some shit like that."

12. Ritsuka Fujimaru

Master, Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

.​
    "No thanks!! This is the longest I've been uninjured, and I wanna keep it that way!!!" Ritsuka retorted passionately, albiet somewhat jokingly. Here in Pandora, she was safe from Nightingale's scary methods of medical care, but it also left her worried. The only way she could get patched up outside of her mediocre healing spell was by either using a healing spell attached to one of her Mystic Codes, or by actually like... going to a hospital. It took a lot of mental strength to avoid laughing at her comment on having her burn her mouth, the contrast in temperatures and severity amusing her greatly.

Gudako gave a cautious wave to the villagers, a (possibly futile) attempt to reassure them that she's got this, and it's fine. "Well, there's a good bit of chaos, but most of the stuff is mundane." She commented, "There's been an alien with acid blood running around in Centria, apparently you can go to Atlantis now, and there's been some spooky 13th hour junk going on that's super dangerous. Stuff like that." Her tone became almost longing as she mentioned the last few things. "I haven't had a chance to check the last two out... I really want too..." Was she whining about not getting a chance to risk her life? Abso-fucking-lutely. She's been dying for some action.

Shinjuku, huh... Ritsuka nodded contemplatively as she answered, pinching her chin in thought. Makes sense, but it gave her a bit of an edge knowledge-wise, compared to Kintoki. She was brought in from after Goetia's defeat, and the start of the Pseudo-Singularities, unlike her GOLDEN Berserker.

Her question caused her to pause though, pursing her lips before glancing away nervously. "... W-well..." She laughed, fearing Jalter's reaction. "Sorry, but... yeah? I'm from the future? Whoops?"