HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Application Template and Guidelines

Discussion in 'Registration' started by Octi, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    APPLICATION TEMPLATE &
    GUIDELINES

1. Before posting your application, be sure to reserve your character here. Applications without an active reserve will be archived. If your application has been archived, feel free to re-reserve and PM a staff member to re-open your application.
    2. Title your application topic Last Name, First Name if both are available for your character.
    3. Applications should be posted under your character account, not your OOC account. Completed applications may be posted directly in this forum; otherwise, feel free to leave any in progress applications under In Progress.
    4. All content must be written in your own words. Plagiarism is not tolerated in any form. If you are found copying and pasting directly from other sources, such as a wiki, your application will not be accepted.
    5. Refrain from including overly large or excessive images in your application. If such images should be relevant, please link to them instead.
    6. Remember to proofread! We all make mistakes here and there, but repeated or especially jarring errors in spelling and grammar will result in a pend.
    7. Pandora currently offers a choice between two application templates: Traditional and Freeform.

Tips

• We recommend turning off the Rich Text option under Account Preferences to minimize chances of coding breaks.
    • Show us your awesome grasp of your character! We want to see you own your interpretation of your character by getting inside their head and spotlighting their personality, motivations, voice, etc. We evaluate applications based on how they are as a whole as opposed to following a stringent rubric. If we can see there's a good attempt at communicating a deep understanding of a character, we can be much more flexible with minor mistakes.
    • We welcome the quality over quantity mindset! If you believe you can eloquently and succinctly convey your character using the minimum word counts, by all means go for it! However, we may ask for expansion in instances where we believe more depth is desired. There is also no hard maximum word count, only that your application should not take more than one post.

#1 Octi, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

TRADITIONAL TEMPLATE

Code:
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=6][I][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/I][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][I]line of song lyrics or a quote[/I][/SIZE][/box]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v1o0Bjh.png[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2]Played by [COLOR=#CA8C58][I][B]OOC Account[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Fandom:[/B][/COLOR] What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Age:[/B][/COLOR] Physical and actual if necessary
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Species:[/B][/COLOR] Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Gender:[/B][/COLOR] Your character's gender
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Canon Point:[/B][/COLOR] Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from?
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]NPC Companions:[/B][/COLOR] Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

[CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]SKILLS & ABILITIES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    If your character possesses skills, equipment, or enhancements that have the potential to be invasive, integral, or impactful (e.g., mind control or blowing up buildings), you'll want be comprehensive enough so that anyone looking to thread with your character will know what they're getting into. Remember to define canon-specific terms for those who are not familiar with your canon.

[h=7]Special Abilities[/h]
      [h=7]Equipment[/h]
      [h=7]NPC's Abilities[/h]
      [h=7]These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section![/h]

If a character is [B]all-powerful[/B] or [B]game-breaking without restraint[/B], the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following [B]board-wide restrictions[/B]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
    [*]No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
    [*]Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.
    [/LIST]

[CENTER][box=#333443, #C2C2C2, #333443][SIZE=4][I][B]WEAKNESSES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    If your character has no special abilities, equipment, or notable superpowers, feel free to remove this section. However, if you have more than one paragraph defining significant skills/abilities in the previous section, you will need to list significant weaknesses here. If your character has significant skills or abilities, the weaknesses that balance them should be more tangible than personality flaws (ie; "overly stubborn" is a personality flaw, not a weakness).

[/blockquote][/blockquote]
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]PERSONALITY[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    Give us a picture of what kind of person they are, how they function, if they have any sort of quirky ticks, how they interact with people they like or dislike -- stuff like that! Avoid long lists of traits without elaboration. Avoid focusing on relationships with specific characters from canon. Make sure to include flaws!

[/blockquote]
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]APPEARANCE[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    Optional if you include a picture above.

[/blockquote]
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]BRIEF HISTORY[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    You are not required to provide an extensive description of your character's entire life-story, especially in cases where you may be bringing in a character who has lived hundreds of years (or through several seasons of a show). Instead, briefly mention the most important events that have served to shape who your character is, and conclude with a brief description of the events leading directly to their canon point.

You may write this in list-form (ie; bullet points with 1-3 sentence descriptions), and we ask that you try not to exceed 600-800 words.

[/blockquote]
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]ROLEPLAY SAMPLE[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    Third person past tense roleplay sample for the character you're applying with. If you're not sure what to write, we suggest a starter for a thread you'll put up in Pandora. There is no minimum word count, but give us enough that we can see that you are comfortable with writing the character you are applying with.

[/blockquote]

#2 Octi, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    CHARACTER NAME
    line of song lyrics or a quote

[​IMG]
    Played by OOC Account

Fandom: What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
    Species: Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
    Canon Point: Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from?
    NPC Companions: Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

SKILLS & ABILITIES

If your character possesses skills, equipment, or enhancements that have the potential to be invasive, integral, or impactful (e.g., mind control or blowing up buildings), you'll want be comprehensive enough so that anyone looking to thread with your character will know what they're getting into. Remember to define canon-specific terms for those who are not familiar with your canon.

Special Abilities Equipment NPC's Abilities These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section!
    If a character is all-powerful or game-breaking without restraint, the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following board-wide restrictions:
    • Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
    • No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
    • Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.

WEAKNESSES

If your character is a mortal human being with no special skills of note (as in, you have a small paragraph or less in the skills/abilities section), then this section can be removed. However, if your character possesses specialized skills, or notable "super powers," then you need to include weaknesses. Even if your character is human but possesses specialized skills such as martial arts, hacking, engineering, etc. it's still a good idea to make a note of their general mortality and any other flaws that might work off-set those skills.

PERSONALITY

Give us a picture of what kind of person they are, how they function, if they have any sort of quirky ticks, how they interact with people they like or dislike -- stuff like that! Avoid long lists of traits without elaboration. Avoid focusing on relationships with specific characters from canon. Make sure to include flaws!

APPEARANCE

Optional if you include a picture above.

BRIEF HISTORY

You are not required to provide an extensive description of your character's entire life-story, especially in cases where you may be bringing in a character who has lived hundreds of years (or through several seasons of a show). Instead, briefly mention the most important events that have served to shape who your character is, and conclude with a brief description of the events leading directly to their canon point.

You may write this in list-form (ie; bullet points with 1-3 sentence descriptions), and we ask that you try not to exceed 600-800 words.

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

Third person past tense roleplay sample for the character you're applying with. If you're not sure what to write, we suggest a starter for a thread you'll put up in Pandora. There is no minimum word count, but give us enough that we can see that you are comfortable with writing the character you are applying with.

#3 Octi, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

FREEFORM TEMPLATE

Code:
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=6][I][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/I][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][I]line of song lyrics or a quote[/I][/SIZE][/box]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v1o0Bjh.png[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2]Played by [COLOR=#CA8C58][I][B]OOC Account[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Fandom:[/B][/COLOR] What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Age:[/B][/COLOR] Physical and actual if necessary
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Species:[/B][/COLOR] Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Gender:[/B][/COLOR] Your character's gender
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]Canon Point:[/B][/COLOR] Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from?
    [COLOR=#9C6F7E][B]NPC Companions:[/B][/COLOR] Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

[CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]SKILLS & ABILITIES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]

[h=7]Special Abilities[/h]
      [h=7]Equipment[/h]
      [h=7]NPC's Abilities[/h]
      [h=7]These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section![/h]

If a character is [B]all-powerful[/B] or [B]game-breaking without restraint[/B], the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following [B]board-wide restrictions[/B]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
    [*]No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
    [*]Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.
    [/LIST]

[CENTER][box=#333443, #C2C2C2, #333443][SIZE=4][I][B]WEAKNESSES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    If your character has no special abilities, equipment, or notable superpowers, feel free to remove this section. However, if you have more than one paragraph defining significant skills/abilities in the previous section, you will need to list significant weaknesses here. If your character has significant skills or abilities, the weaknesses that balance them should be more tangible than personality flaws (ie; "overly stubborn" is a personality flaw, not a weakness).

[/blockquote][/blockquote]
    [CENTER][box][SIZE=4][I][B]FREEFORM[/B][/I][/SIZE][/box][/CENTER]
    [blockquote]
    Give us a good grasp of your character's personality, motivations, and recent history (ending at the point they were pulled into Pandora) through any style or format of writing you choose. We ask that you avoid purple prose and overly cryptic narrative techniques at the expense of clearly conveying your character. Note that while the presentation of this section is flexible, in-character threads in Pandora should continue to follow the third person, past tense format.

[/blockquote]

#4 Octi, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  5. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    CHARACTER NAME
    line of song lyrics or a quote

[​IMG]
    Played by OOC Account

Fandom: What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
    Species: Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
    Canon Point: Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from?
    NPC Companions: Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Special Abilities Equipment NPC's Abilities These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section!
    If a character is all-powerful or game-breaking without restraint, the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following board-wide restrictions:
    • Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
    • No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
    • Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.

WEAKNESSES

If your character is a mortal human being with no special skills of note (as in, you have a small paragraph or less in the skills/abilities section), then this section can be removed. However, if your character possesses specialized skills, or notable "super powers," then you need to include weaknesses. Even if your character is human but possesses specialized skills such as martial arts, hacking, engineering, etc. it's still a good idea to make a note of their general mortality and any other flaws that might work off-set those skills.

FREEFORM

Give us a good grasp of your character's personality, motivations, and recent history (ending at the point they were pulled into Pandora) through any style or format of writing you choose. We ask that you avoid purple prose and overly cryptic narrative techniques at the expense of clearly conveying your character. Note that while the presentation of this section is flexible, in-character threads in Pandora should continue to follow the third person, past tense format.

#5 Octi, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.