HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

April Recs: Supernatural Creatures

Discussion in 'Community Recognitions' started by Octi, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

Supernatural Creatures

April Community Recognitions ♦ April 17 - 24 ♦ Wolf Pick

Ghosts, vampires, and werewolves, OH MY! These types of characters have always been popular to see around Pandora and there has certainly been an influx of them in the news recently. There's hear it for all of our supernatural creatures around the world!

Guidelines
    • You can spotlight as many characters as you like.
    • Individual Characters: You MAY NOT recognize your own character.
    • Pairings, Groups, & Threads: You MAY recognize a pairing, group, or thread that your character is a part of.
    • Did somebody already recognize a character you wanted to recognize? That's okay, go ahead and mention them again! They won't receive an extra trophy, but they'll be appreciative!
    Trophy For Recognized Parties!​
    [​IMG]

I Want To Recognize Somebody!Great! Just use the quick form below and reply to this thread!

Code:
    [blockquote][h=1]@Character Name[/h]
    Blurb goes here!  This can be as long or as short as you like![/blockquote]

GhostOfHalloweenPast likes this.
  2. Skooter910

Skooter910 Player

@Raphael Santiago

How could I not give some commendations to the vampire who made sure my confused little teenager had at least some sort of support? Raphael is a complete sweetheart and is just the best.

#2 Skooter910, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Raphael Santiago likes this.
  3. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer

@Asriel Dreemurr

I just have to have a shoutout for my favorite monster in Undertale! He's cute and sweet, but he's also got a great dark side lingering just underneath the surface. What character with a form called the God of Hyperdeath doesn't have a little dark side? I've had a fantastic ride with him and Danny.

Asriel Dreemurr likes this.
  4. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

@Crowley

Shoutout to Annie's only friend, even if he won't admit it! Crowley was always one of my favorite characters in Supernatural and I love how you've brought him to life again in Pandora, Jack. Also, Simon and Crowley's very strange friendship is some of the most fun I've had on this site, my favorite relationships are the one that pop out of completely out of nowhere and just ????? happen ????????????? like ????????????????? It's honestly no wonder Crowley is so popular around the site and given how popular he is, I feel so blessed to be able to thread with him!!!

5. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

@Raphael Santiago

Ghosty is always such a pleasure to write with and Simon and Raphael's relationship is so wonderful. Raphael's always been there for Simon, and Simon's regret is, of course, that he can't be there for him more given how much he genuinely cares. I love how dedicated Ghosty is to this character and to the lore (especially how wishy washy the lore is), too!!! Just so much love for this player and this character. <3333

Raphael Santiago and Ivy like this.
  6. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict

@Tom McNair

I love this guy!! And I really appreciate having a werewolf on site that is more traditional and not so new-agey. I like that the change hurts, that Tom is just resigned to deal with it each month, and that he doesn't turn into some beautiful wolf with lush fur but rather something terrifying and completely beyond his control. As a character, Tom is great - he manages to be almost innocent and naive despite the fact that he hunts vampires and is definitely no stranger to violence/death. I've really enjoyed threading with him and I'm looking forward to more crazy shenanigans with him and Alyssa and the totally dysfunctional 'pack' they'll form.

Tom McNair likes this.
  7. Thalia

Thalia Scratilicious
    Application Division

Unseen academic

@Sans

Pandora's official pungeon master and a cinnamon roll in disguise. I love how @FullMoon plays him, with a lot of humor and light-heartedness, without ever crossing the line and making him too silly or failing to convey his depths, hidden behind the jokester facade. I always have fun when we thread and his puns have genuinely made me laugh out loud on a few occasions. What I also love about Sans is that he's quite unique; although we have a lot of supernatural characters, none of them is a friendly skeleton who wears a blue jacket. So, if you haven't already (how's that even possible?!), go thread with FullMoon and his Sans <3

Sans likes this.
  8. Jack

Jack Player

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil

@Simon Lewis

I'm not biased okay I just really love Simon and I love how Octi portrays him. To me, I always find it really cool when people sell me on characters I don't know at all - I'm not a fan of Simon's canon, so I never knew anything about him until I joined Pandora but omg this precious vampire dork completes my soul and LOOK CROWLEY LOVES HIM JUST VERY LOW-KEY. PLS DO NOT HARM HIS MUPPET. STOP KIDNAPPING HIM FFS.

9. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Fanfic Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Where do I even start? There are so many??

The Vamily™ (vampire family, bc yes I needed to put this in a pun, fight me)

@Simon Lewis

I am so very glad, that Simon and Raphael managed to establish a friendship here in Pandora, unlike in the show. They have a great chemistry going on, despite everything that could've torn them apart, but didn't. They've seen each other at their lowest and I love how Octi writes the way Simon takes care of Raphael (when the latter lets him, that is; but also when he has to insist on helping - and he does insist and Raphael needs that).
    I also love how Octi manages to let Simon be the nerd and the Vampire in Training™ - and still depicts him as a whole character who isn't the stereotypical 'stupid, clumsy, and hella annoying nerd'. Simon cares a lot and hell, he's trying. I hope we will have a lot of great threads together in the future!

@Tanaquil

Lots of love to Twist who brought Tana into Raphael's life. I love how she writes her, both as a person, a young adult, and girlfriend (what I read from it, that is, and these threads are great!), but also as a vampire fledgling. Especially as Raphael's fledgling. I hadn't thought, that would ever happen, because Rapha is Rapha and he never wanted a fledgling - but the way Twist writes her, convinced me, and I love love love their connection. She manages to balance Tanaquil's wild spirit and the care she wants to show for the people she's close to. Twist has given Raphael a daughter-of-sorts, and I can't thank her enough.

@Selene

I am very much in love with Selene in her canon, but Wolf brings her to life on Pandora, in a way that makes me love her even more. She's not the warmest, and yet she's so mothering and careful, when it comes to Raphael for example. Selene's turned into the sire he would've actually needed and I am grateful for it.
    And also, thank you Wolf for picking her up again, after I basically asked for it. You didn't have to do that, but you're also enjoying her so much and I'm glad we can plot together! c:

@Lady Margolotta

We need more threads. We definitely do. Margo is such a fine lady with a great sense of humour, and she's doing the whole leadership thing so well. Be it in the government or for the vampire clan, Raphael can count on her to make good decisions. I haven't gotten to know a lot of her extensive Pandorean history, but I'm very interested it!
    Thalia writes Margo in a way that always makes me excited to read more of her threads and plots.<3

and now the others that definitely need to be mentioned!

@Tom McNair

Octi and I had that one thread together, but ever since, I really wanna do another one, for the fun of having Raphael and Tom clash again. Despite his history and parenting he got, that made him want to kill every single vampire he meets, he can be reasoned with - most of the time, at least - and he learns and he is trying to change himself. Bit by bit. I can't wait to watch that character development unfold!
    And also. The accent. That's all.

@Magnus Bane

Okay, so, I wasn't sure if Magnus counts, since he's actually a magic wielder and I wouldn't necessarily count them to 'supernatural creatures', but he also has demon blood and-- yeah, I hope this is okay!
    What's there to say, that I haven't said before? Elle writes Magnus in a way that I very much adore. This warlock is so confident and secure in his Downworlder status, it's a matter of pride to him, not something he wants to hide. He's arguably the most powerful warlock I've seen so far and he just knows his stuff. Also how he takes in Downworlders and makes sure they don't have to suffer by the hands of the people who can abuse their powers against them.
    As a person though, Magnus has this insecure side about him; he easily expects to be discarded and left behind and I just want to hug him because he needs to know that he is worth so much more. Thanks for getting my vampire through the winter, Elle, and in general for threading, and plotting all the headcanons with me!

@Scott McCall

Again, Wolf plays him so well?? Scott's still too good for this world, and so ambitious when it comes to the veterinarian dream job, it's admirable! He's a wonderful pack leader and diplomat and friend and I just really like him; the friendship with Raphael is one I'd love to develop further, especially because it hit us out of nowhere and because I think they can learn and benefit from each other and that's amazing c: Also that connection between Nancy and him, that got off on the wrong foot, out of unfortunate circumstances, but I think both still feel sorry and both could gain a great friendship from it now.

10. Fleet

Fleet Madness, it's all in the mind!

I'm gonna try and keep these short xD Sorry guys but Fleet has had a long day and is tired!

@Tanaquil

So I have a fair few threads with Tanaquil and can I just say she is super amazing with her fixing stuff, her pretending not to care when in reality she cares far to much, being a bad ass yet still having emotions and vulnerabilities! Yeah I just love this red headed, desert flower ninja vampire! She is awesome and you should all want to RP with her (Though I do intend to keep stealing all the threads xD) I love how @Twist plays her to, she brings this character out into the real world as if she were standing right in the room with you doing and saying the things she does in the threads. Twist really does bring out the best in all her characters and by doing that brings out the best in me as an RPer so I kinda wanna say thanks Twist, you're making me a better writer with each new post.

@Raphael Santiago

OK, so I haven't really threaded a lot with Raphael but from what I have seen from the character in threads I have been in and threads I have stalked, he is a truly diverse character, loyal, strong, confident but not without his flaws as he makes mistakes throughout life which keeps things realistic. To me he is a truly interesting character and I hope to have more threads in the future! Plus @GhostOfHalloweenPast plays him to an extremely high standard which draws out equally high standards from their rp partners and from what I see keeps people really interested in their threads, which allows them to create really intricate and diverse plots which I will forever stalk. *Whisperwhisper* Yes I am guilty, I am the ultimate thread stalker but how can I not when the content is so good? xD

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  11. Hunter

Hunter they're in his infinite void of darkness

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

@Alex Danvers

I've always loved Alex, but I especially love the way Wolf brings her to life in Pandora. She is most certainly Lucy's rock in every way, and she wouldn't be the same without this badass woman by her side <3

Wolf likes this.
  12. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

@Smaug

Dragons count as supernatural creatures, right?

Anyway, while I haven't actually threaded with Smaug at all (since my last couple characters didn't last very long and my current character both just got here and probably wouldn't work all that well with him), I have been stalking his threads and the guy's just an absolute joy to read about. He's evil. He's full of himself. He does what he wants. And it's all glorious.

Bunny likes this.
  13. theweasleyboys

theweasleyboys Silly Denizen of the Sewer Tunnels

Resident Snarker
    Race:
    Hummingbird
    Directory:
    link

@Vladislaus III Dracula

Forget having Dracula as a tortured soul looking for love...the old-school villain I grew up with has decided to make all sorts of trouble for poor Edward Elric, never mind a load of other people in Cascade Bay...and I find it both terrifying and darkly enjoyable at the same time. Keep the chills and thrills coming, please! ;)

@Vivi Ornitier

I hope I'm not startling any nice newcomers by suggesting this...but I kinda always wondered who the little guy in the giant hat was, and now I get to see this kid's solo adventures in action as well as him having to make his own decisions at the same time. All in all, watching Vivi get his bearings in Pandora is a good read!

Vivi Ornitier likes this.