By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

April Recs: Veterans

Discussion in 'Community Recognitions' started by Luciel, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Luciel

Luciel The Luckster
    Community Relations Division

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Veterans

April Community Recognitions ♦ April 11 - 18 ♦ Steel Pick

Three cheers for those characters who’ve stuck it out through thick and thin! These characters have been in Pandora consistently for one year or more.

Guidelines
    • You can spotlight as many characters as you like.
    • Individual Characters: You MAY NOT recognize your own character.
    • Pairings, Groups, & Threads: You MAY recognize a pairing, group, or thread that your character is a part of.
    • Did somebody already recognize a character you wanted to recognize? That's okay, go ahead and mention them again! They won't receive an extra trophy, but they'll be appreciative!

Trophy For Recognized Parties!​
    [​IMG]

I Want To Recognize Somebody!Great! Just use the quick form below and reply to this thread!

Code:
    [blockquote][h=1]@Character Name[/h]
    Blurb goes here!  This can be as long or as short as you like![/blockquote]

2. Birb

Birb is the werb

Murder!birb
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

@Wanda Maximoff

Obviously this one. Best sister. It's almost like find I reason to nominate her every month for something. It was also National Sibling Day yesterday, so that counts!

@Haytham Kenway

Best father.... ish? Best grandpa fo sho. Enough with these feels things. Just give him his award.

#2 Birb, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. Jen

Jen Player
    There's a word limit?

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

@The Governor

I'm so glad that The Governor has stuck around for as long as he has! Dharke always writes incredibly interesting characters and The Governor is my favorite of his!

@Genji Shimada

Genji is the best cyborg ninja ever! I look forward to having many more threads with him!

@Tommy Clark

Tommy has been through such a rough time in Pandora but he keeps sticking through it and it is INSPIRATIONAL!

@Danny Fenton

I've enjoyed seeing Danny on Pandora for so long and the way Ariel writes him is fantastic!

@Sans

MY FAVORITE SKELETON EVER! Moon, you better never drop this boy! He's fragile, you know! ;)

The Governor and Tommy Clark like this.
  4. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

@Egwene al'Vere

The way Andii writes and evolves Egwene is amazing. She's been through so much and is still going through the trauma of losing her husband and her kids, but she's still just trucking on with that classic Egwene strength. I can't wait to see where Andii takes her!

@Perrin Aybara

Ayyy, Perrin. I still remember how excited I was when I introduced Steel to WoT and then she said she'd be taking Perrin. Steel plays him perfectly, and I love his dynamics with my own characters, Nynaeve and Jaesa. I miss having bro shenanigans with him and Mat though :c

@Anakin Skywalker

I'VE ALREADY SUNG ALL SIRI'S PRAISES ABOUT ANAKIN BEFORE SO... yeah. I love how Siri writes him. I'm so happy he's been around so long, and I love seeing his development. 8)

@Rey Solo

Ugh, Rey. She's been through so much lately and things aren't gonna be getting any better any time soon for the poor girl. Idris plays her so well and I always enjoy reading the amount of effort that goes behind describing all of her emotions. Fingers crossed that Rey can find some happiness again!!

@Crowley

Jack is p much amazing with all of her characters, but I've always had a particular enjoyment for how she writes Crowley. She nails him absolutely perfectly and every post is a delight to read. I was always so sad that our attempts to thread would fall through ( because I'd drop the characters like the flake I am oops) but hOPEFULLY THAT HAS CHANGED NOW.

I MIGHT COME UP WITH MORE LATER.

5. InclinedToServe

InclinedToServe Leaning Towards Obedience

Student

@C.A. Rotwang

I got to give it to Rotwang, even if he's only barely cleared the minimum time in Pandora last month. He's a delight to thread with, and as Nyami's only character to consistently last I can't think of anyone better off the top of my head to put here!

Nyami likes this.
  6. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

@Robert Gray

LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CHARACTER!!!! I'm still superbly disappointed that I dropped Emma, not because I want to keep playing her but because I want to write with him again. ;; ALAS. Seriously, you've taken this terrifying character and made him ... still super terrifying but also everything about his human plot was quirky and creepy and hilarious all in one, and I just dON'T KNOW HOW YOU MANAGE THIS, YOU'RE LIKE A MAGICAL WRITING UNICORN.

@Jo Harvelle

Jo has been one of my favorite SPN characters forever and Andii plays her perfectly with such enormous depth.
    I'm so glad she's got a great life going in Pandora! She deserved WAY better!!

@Perrin Aybara

THIS BEAUTIFUL CHARACTER HAS BEEN HERE FOREVER!!! Longer than almost anybody!!! I love how much Steel loves him, and I don't even know the canon, but I love him!!! Also I really want a hug from him, I bet he gives incredible hugs.

@Crowley

I'm honestly floored by Jack's portrayal of Crowley. He's got so many layers even in canon, which makes him such an intimidating character to consider writing, but Jack absolutely nails him and isn't afraid of all the nitty gritty that makes him Crowley. So much respect for anybody who can write this type of character tbh.

@Beth Greene

One of our long-lasting TWD characters, I'm so glad that she is still around!!! I've always adored Afro's portrayal of Beth, she's really brought her back to life in Pandora (in the most literal sense tbh). She's always deserved so much better, from the show and from the fanbase. Play her forever because I love her so much!!!

@Eliot Waugh

MY FAVORITE MAGICIANS CHARACTER!!! I was so excited when I saw that Alice was taking him! I hadn't watched much of it at the time, but he was immediately my favorite from his very first scene tbh, and I couldn't possibly ask for a better portrayal of him, Alice does him such justice and so much more!! I know I wouldn't even know where to start with writing his system of magic either and Alice just writes it brilliant. His mannerisms, his dialogue, everything is just so perfect lasjfhalsjfhlajsfhljafs.

7. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

@Saber

Amity, the dedication you show for your characters is honestly SO wonderful!! You've had Saber forever and she is definitely the character I think of when I think of you! <3

@Danny Fenton

THIS BOY THO! THIS BOY! I was so pumped to see him being played in Pandora, and I'm so pleased I got to watch the ridiculous hilarity of his doppelganger plot tbh. Bless this ghost boy.

@Batman

nananananananananananananananana BATMAAAAAAAAAAAN
    Honestly, this dude has been here forever and moved forward a lot of technological advancements with Wayne Industries, and it's just really cool to see players contributing to world developments and stuff like that!!!!

@Claire Nunez

You're name is Clayr ... and you play Claire. HA! Things I didn't realize until you changed your name alsjfhalsjfhljaf. ANYWAYS CLAIRE SWEETIE! She's been here for a couple of years and been through so much hardship. I hear she's got a love now and also a child to take care of. <3333 At least it's not an evil staff possessing her now, right? Unless that's still a thing that's happening, I'm not sure, I can't keep up!!!

@Stiles Stilinski

Y'all, speaking of characters who have been here forever, STILES STILINSKI THIS SWEETHEART!!! I admittedly didn't watch a lot of Teen Wolf, but Stiles was my fav and I love Crystal's portrayal of him so much. He's goofy and fun, but also has gone through some really intense plots in Pandora! I super miss his friendship with Simon. ;0; STILES 4EVERRRRR!!!!

#7 Octi, Apr 11, 2019
  8. Siri

Siri je suis loser
    Application Division

@Merlin Ambrosius

must i elaborate
    [​IMG]
    pandora's resident been here forever and will be here forever AS IT SHOULD BE

@Geralt of Rivia

my other favorite old man who sometimes has a beard
    reminder that i've had ciri for 6 months and WE STILL HAVEN'T THREADED THEM HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

@Jaesa Willsaam

consider an alternate universe where there isn't a single evil bad guy out there to ruin her day for... let's say 5 continuous years
    yes it would be the most boring 5 years ever also tyty for bearing with darth dumb's slowness overall sklfjsldkfj

@King Joffrey Baratheon

how
    are you
    still alive
    how
    no seriously consider that he is the singlemost GoT/ASOIAF character with the greatest longevity on Pandora
    CONSIDER THAT
    he deserves this spot

@Pino

started out adorbs
    still adorbs
    pls continue to be adorbs

@Harleen Quinzel

YOU HAD HER BEFORE MARGOT ROBBIE MADE HER COOL
    i mean she was always cool but u know

@Superman

we've been here before but this is the bae who makes me emo(tional)

@Thor Odinson

MY ELECTRIFYING DUDE WE'VE ALSO BEEN HERE BEFORE AND UR GREAT

@Peter Parker

i can't remember if i've ever recced Octi's man-spider before
    EITHER WAY he is another one of my Absolute Favorites of hers not bc he's a popular af character but because she nails it so well and i loff

@Zatanna Zatara

SISTER FROM ANOTHER MISTER AND MAGICALLY FABULOUS
    i'm never not pleased as a PEACH that zatanna is on this site and that exo plays her ;;

9. Fleet

Fleet gentlemen, assassins and ladies of the night.

@Merlin Ambrosius

I am agreeing with Siri here, HOW COULD ONE NOT INCLUDE MERLIN IN THEIR LIST? I mean, he's been here as long as I remember and he's been through everything, you can probably mention anything and Merlin has probably endured it or at least seen it! We wouldn't have it any other way though, because we love this dorky, confused wizard and @Octi plays him so very well. So keep on going girl, you got this!

Merlin Ambrosius likes this.
  10. Oddie

Oddie Make Me Real

Oddball
    Race:
    Oddity
    Directory:
    link

@Raphael Grayson-Santiago

Raphael was always one of those morally grey/ambiguous vampires to me! And what a journey he's been on in Pandora, but at last he's seemed to have found some happiness? If only temporary.

@Simon Lewis

Omg, Simon! The shit you've been through! From Darkling to human to vampire to daylighter and all over again. I hope you find happiness one day.

One day.

@Grant Ward

Ward Ward Ward. What to do with you, eh? Thanks (partly) to you there's Hydra in Pandora! It'll be interesting to see what kind of man Ward will be going forward or if he'll repeat history.

#10 Oddie, Apr 11, 2019
  11. Sabine

Sabine Moderator
    Plots & Events Division

@James McGill

Jimmy has been a HUGE influence on my writing and RP. Jen could not be a more perfect writer for this incredibly complex and rich character. No character has made me feel more feels and I am so looking forward to our continued plots and adventures.

Jen likes this.
  12. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

@John Silver

It's been ages. Not, like. super many ages, but like. Ages. I can't say often enough how floored I am by @Alice's portrayal of John Silver. I watched Black Sails. I considered apping Max a character from that show. And I failed to even write the app bc it's so many layers, this is worse (or better - actually, probably better) than an onion, I swear. So many realistic twists and turns and grey-morality, and it's questionable if anybody really wins in the end? To bring that onto paper (or a screen) in this amazing quality, and over a timespan of now almost two years if my math is not forsaking me, is a skill Alice has and which I will forever adore. To grasp this multi-faceted character and bring them to life like this - I could read hours and days of John posts, no joke. I had this honour to write this drug abuse plot with you, Alice, and I'll be forever grateful to have been a part of it, to have gotten the opportunity to be there at the right time and place and write this with you. No matter how it ended (in-character-ly, I mean). I hope we'll get the opportunity to write an equally dramatic plot again sometime, I know I'd love that a lot. But until then, I'll be continuing to read all your threads.

@Simon Lewis

Oddie already mentioned him, but I have to add my two cents as well, bc holy smokes, @Octi I'm so glad Simon is one of the characters you just can't let go of, no matter what. I've said a whole lot about him already in the last years, and I'd rather not repeat myself with things you already know - but he's a great character and you write him so so so well, I love every opportunity to plot and thread with him, not only against Raphael. He's had so many things, so many more or less major plots going on, and I'm always excited about hearing into what kind of drama you'll throw him next.

@Magnus Bane

MAGNUS!! This warlock has been through so much, here and back home, and it's already been three years here, like, what. I've said this in one of Octi's streams already, but @Elle and Magnus simply fit together so so well, as character and writer, and I can never thank you, Elle, enough for all the diplomacy work Magnus does for this little shadow fam on here, like the exhausted single dad of Brooklyn, just, yk, that he isn't single anymore. Writing a character with so many years of existence under their belt is, in my experience, absolutely no easy feat, and you make it look so easy?? Keep up that good work, honestly, it's great. ♥

@Alec Lightwood

One of these days, I swear, we're gonna have a thread. And it's not gonna be one where Raphael and Alec fight. I swear. But seriously, Alec, man. @Loren, you just nail his portrayal so well ?? It takes someone like you to write this grumpy cat in all his beautiful facets (just as you did with James Flint, okay, just saying) and turn him into more than just this outwardly grump. Bc he's evidently more than that, and as shallow as the show sometimes is, you do a great job at bringing Alec alive here, and that for like two years by now.

Alice and Simon Lewis like this.