By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ariel's Guide to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Ariel, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer

Ariel Was Born To Make History

About MeAge: 26
    Discord Handle: Ariel #4512
    Activity: Moderate. Mostly afternoon and nighttime EST

ATTN: I'm closing old threads! Check out the announcement I made here

Hey guys! I'm Ariel, after the Shakespear character, not the Little Mermaid. Anyways, I've been around the block a few times when it comes to forum rps. Admittedly, I'm still fairly new to Pandora. I started way back in 2011 on a different site. My health isn't so great, so as a warning, I may bounce between being very active and completely unreachable.

I'm a wildlife biologist by training and a writer by trade. So basically, I write a lot and love to talk about science. I'm also a big nerd and will happily dive into discussions about video games, comic books, anime, manga, and nerdy stuff in general. I particularly enjoy fantasy and science fiction. I also have a very dark and sometimes dry sense of humor.

Roleplay PreferencesPlots:
    I'm open to anything you want to throw at me. I tend to be pretty flexible when it comes to plots and I rarely say no. Fun, dark, silly, serious; throw it my way. One thing that I love to do is be mean to my characters. I'm absolutely open to tossing my characters under the bus and beating them up a little. However, I do love giving them beautiful and memorable moments to help balance out the doom and gloom. Also, short term and long term plots are both fine by me.

Combat:
    Like I said before, I'm open to my characters getting hurt in combat and even losing a fight. Obviously, I don't want them killed, but anything just shy of that is fair game. I don't mind minor pp in fights to help move a fight along. I do expect the outcome of a fight to be within reason. While I don't mind just seeing how a fight progresses naturally, for those who don't play with me often, it might be better to decide the winner beforehand.

Romance:
    I'm not really big when it comes to romance. That being said, I don't mind some lighthearted flirting. If something develops naturally, I'll let it play out. However, I keep everything PG when it comes to romance.

Spontaneity and Pre-Planned Plots:
    I like both. Tossing characters together randomly to see what happens can be a lot of fun. However, pre-planned plots can also be extremely rewarding. I tend to prefer at least plotting out how characters will run into one another and letting things play out naturally from there, but it's not necessary.

LimitsI don't want to turn any of my characters into something their not. I.e. Danny isn't a murderer and I don't want to turn any of my characters into some other creature (at least not permanently). They are what they are.

My biggest limit comes with sexual content. Neither of my characters are adults. What's more, I refuse to even dip a toe into sexual harassment or rape territory.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Ariel, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer

Danny Fenton

Danny Phantom
    [​IMG]
    Note: Danny's ghost core is corrupted at the moment and he's turned evil. See Seasonal plot for more details.

Danny Fenton, aka Danny Phantom, is your not so average teenager. When he was 14, he was involved in a lab accident where he turned into a halfa (half human, half ghost). Danny's spent the past few years trying to protect his town from various ghostly threats. Other than that, Danny's pretty normal. He's friendly, if awkward. He's into video games and likes to hang around with his friends. Danny does his best to keep his alter ego a secret, but the guy can be about as subtle as a brick sometimes.

Danny is currently stationed in the Dread Wastes. He can fly though so he's free to move around. I'd love for him to meet more people his age and make some friends. However, he is a superhero and could use an enemy or two.

Odd JobsDanny doesn't technically have a job. However, he supports himself through odd jobs. Mowing laws, watching people's pets, fetching packages. If you have an odd job, Danny can help. Or maybe get the kid a real job.
    Ghost HuntsWell, Danny is technically a ghost hunter. Encounters of the paranormal kind are his bread and butter. He's more than happy to save someone from a ghost or help a ghost in need. Additionally, although he has no experience, Danny will absolutely step in for other supernatural/paranormal problems.
    FriendsLet's be honest, who doesn't need friends? Danny could desperately use a few. This goes double for superpowered teens. Danny is used to being the only good guy with powers. He's also not adverse to making friends with non-humans. As a half-ghost, he's pretty open minded towards other being. For the most part. If you look like a ghost and appear to be trouble, he'll probably jump into action.
    Enemies/HuntersWho needs friends like these, when you have enemies! As a hero, Danny doesn't stand for those who hurt others. He's not afraid to stand in a bad guy's way. On top of that, he's half ghost (although he normally doesn't mention the half part). So if you're a hunter who doesn't make exceptions, Danny's a great target.
    Secret Identity!Danny has a secret identity. He tries his best to pretend that Fenton and Phantom are two different people. He claims that Phantom is his roommate or haunting his house. Danny also totally sucks at lying and is as subtle as a train wreck. Perhaps someone starts to put the pieces together or even completely outs him. Blackmail is also a possibility.
    RomanceI'm open to considering something, but it needs to stay PG. I'm not willing to really delve into anything beyond puppy love and cute flirting.

Seasonal

Ghost Core CorruptionThe lovable hero that people know is gone! Danny had a rather unfortunate encounter with Mumm-ra who corrupted his ghost core with a mysterious device. Now, Danny's gone dark and is ready to cause some chaos. As Mumm-Ra's minion, his main objective is to gather information about the various defenses and magical abilities people have. However, as a free agent, Danny's itching to cause trouble. Danny's thrown off all shackles and isn't even bothering to play hero anymore. He wants to do some damage, hurt some people, and have some fun!

Victims, pawns, heroes, and partners in crime are all wanted for this plot! It will stretch into the fall season as well.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Final Fantasy XV
    [​IMG]
    Luna is a strong, powerful woman who walks with the grace and dignity. As Princess and Oracle, her duties to the people around her and to Noctis come first, even above her own safety and happiness. Luna faces the tasks set before her with a gentle smile and open heart. She has boundless compassion for her fellow man. That being said, Luna is no pushover. While she may not yell or scream, she will always stand tall in the face of adversity. If something needs to be done and it is within her power to do so, she will not hesitate to act. Her dogs Pryna and Umbra, magical and divine in their own right, follow her wherever she goes.

Luna spent most of her life a prisoner in her own home, but Pandora has offered her freedom and a chance at a somewhat normal life. Most of her focus still revolves around Noctis and her job as Healer at the Misty Hollow Clinic, but she's learning how to interact with people on a more personal level.

Friends/EnemiesLuna could use both to be honest. People she gets along with, people she doesn't.

LoveTechnically, she's not really Noct's fiancé anymore. Their marriage was arranged as part of a peace treaty that broke down. On top of that, Noct found himself a boyfriend in Pandora. Thus, Luna is single.

HealingMost of Luna's magical prowess comes from her ability to heal. Her magic doesn't work instantaneously though. While powerful, it takes time to fully come into effect. It works slowly, healing different parts over time. Some things, like bleeding, can be fixed right away. Broken bones, devastating diseases, or mortal wounds might take days to fully heal. Luna works at the Clinic in Misty Hollow, but she won't hesitate to help if she passes by.

Double Edged SwordLuna's magic, though powerful, comes with a personal cost. It takes a physical tole on her body every time she uses it. The signs of a failing body are already starting to show. Sometimes she has trouble catching her breath. Other times its pains that savage her body. Luna is able to hide it for the most part, but a keen eye might be able to pick up on it.

Danger RingLuna carries with her the Ring of the Lucii. This is a powerful magical artifact that carries the souls of the dead kings of Lucis. However, unless you are Noctis or another Lucian King, putting the ring on is extremely dangerous. Life threatening even. But it's shiny and looks expensive. Try stealing it and Luna will go to the depths of hell just to get it back. Try putting it on and well, good luck surviving.

Divine Doggos!!That's right! Luna has two puppies: the black and white siblings Pryna and Umbra. On top of being dogs, they are Messengers with their own unique powers. Pryna is capable of appearing in people's dreams and can offer visions of the past and future. Umbra can transport himself and other people around the box (although he normally just goes by himself). Both dogs can track Luna and Noctis down wherever they go and can be there in an instant.

Seasonal

Road Trip MadnessFor the first month, Luna is traveling from one area of Pandora to another with her buddies Noctis and Prompto. They'll start in the Crystal Vales, head into the Dread Wastes, pass through Centria, and eventually arrive in Pandoplis. While she's spending most of her time with the boys, nothing says Luna can't get into her own little adventures along the way.

#2 Ariel, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer

Toboe

Wolf's Rain
    [​IMG]

Toboe is a kind, shy, innocent, happy-go-lucky kid with unending optimism. He's also a wolf who can make himself human and speak English. No, he's no magical or cursed creature. Actually, as far as wolves from his universe go he's pretty average, if a bit small. Toboe's ability to appear human is an illusion, one that any animal or even someone who is really preceptive/drunk can see through. The illusion is mostly just a defense mechanism. That being said, Toboe isn't exactly shy about revealing his true form if someone is nice to him. He actually really likes humans. Toboe's a bit on the naive side, so he gets easily attached to those who show him even a small amount of kindness.

FriendsToboe loves friends of all kinds. Except cats. He's not a fan of cats. They kind of freak him out. However, he is a pack animal and, at the end of the day, needs a support network.

Enemies/ConfrontationsAlthough he's not really the type of guy to hold grudges or even consider anyone a real enemy, that doesn't mean people don't hate him! Toboe is a wolf after all. Not some anthropomorphic wolf or a werewolf. He's a true wolf. I can easily see people freaking out if they meet him, especially in the woods. Hunters are also more then welcome to set their sights on him.

Other Wolves/AnimalsIf your character is a wolf or affiliated with wolves, well then why not meet Toboe? He's spent his life around humans so he doesn't really know much about other wolves. Toboe could really use some hunting lessons as well so he can learn to feed himself out of something other than a garbage can. Additionally, werewolves and anthropomorphic animals do not exist in Toboe's world. He'd freak out a bit at first, but he wouldn't mind making friends.

Pandora PackToboe is a member of Pandora's resident werewolf pack. Even though he isn't really a werewolf himself, they've still accepted him as one of their own. Although, that doesn't mean he can't be mistaken for one. If you've got a beaf with the pack or just don't like werewolves, Toboe's a pretty easy target. However, member interaction is always welcome! Toboe is a fun loving puppy!

Seasonal

Heart of the Dread WastesToboe was separated from his pack during the Calamity and woke up in the heart of the Dread Wastes. He's lost, scared, alone, and backed into a real corner. Toboe doesn't know how to get home or even where home is at this point. His first instinct will be to find a way to survive. Give him grief or help him out, either option is open. Maybe he'll even end up becoming attached to a new traveling companion or companions.

Link

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    [​IMG]

Link is a shy, quiet person who doesn't talk much around strangers. He has a strong sense of duty and an indomitable will matched only by his courage and compassion. Although Link can be a bit blunt at times, he's a fairly patient person. Because he spent so long surviving out in the wild, he's adaptable and a survivalist. He's also a total glutton. Link loves to eat and there isn't a food he won't try; even things that probably aren't edible. Link also suffers from a mild case of almost total memory loss. While several key memories have returned, he still doesn't remember good chunks of his life. The loss of his friends, who he mostly doesn't remember, and the guilt associated with it along with failing his kingdom weigh heavily on him.

FriendsLink could use a few. He's pretty quite at first, but will open up once he's gotten to know someone. Link also becomes a lot more talkative. Since he's new, he could use a few friends.

Traveling HoboLink is new to Pandora and has spent many months (which is most of what he can remember of his life) traveling and out in the wilderness. He's got a motorcycle to help him travel and spends most of his time exploring and enjoying Pandora's sights. Join him on his adventure or maybe even cause some trouble for him on the way.

Enemies/ConfrontationsBecause Link is a knight, he's not one to back down if he sees an injustice. He's honor bound to step in and help protect innocents. Those who cause trouble might find themselves at the wrong end of Link's sword. Those who are in trouble will absolutely find a hero in him.

LoveLadies, he's single! Okay, he's not exactly looking for love, but who knows, maybe love with find him.

Seasonal

Fall plots coming soon

#3 Ariel, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  4. Corgi

Corgi Player

Race:
    Ultimate Furry
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Simba & Toboe

Ok so Simba needs some more animal friends and Toboe's such a cute boy I'm sure they can get along as good friends. Y'know once they get past the fact Simba is just a big cat so to speak. So I'd think it be cute for them to meet and try to form some kind of friendship cause they share a bit of that childlike innocence that I just find adorable in younger characters. And the image of Simba chasing down Toboe trying to befriend is a thing that makes me chuckle a lot, does it for you? :3

5. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer
    @Corgi
    Yes! I was actually going back and forth about poking you for a thread with Toboe and Simba. Cats kind of freak Toboe out a bit but he really could use some friends. I'm sure it won't take him long to warm up to Simba and they can play cute games like chasing and wrestling!

Toboe gets into Pandora at the start of May. Since Melissa took him in he's mostly sticking to the area in and around Pandora Town. That being said, I think I can get him to travel some distance if need be.

6. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer
    I'm retiring old threads! Check out the announcement I made here. Also, I'm open for plotting next season!

7. Maine

Maine Player

@Ariel

Heya~!
    If possible, is it all right for Garrus tag along with Luna and the boys in their adventures and journey? Also he might be interested about Eos since it kinda different from Earth. Also he might want to pet the two adorable dogs

8. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer
    @Maine
    Do you have a specific plot in mind? If so, we'd be open to discussing it. Luna, Prompto, and Noctis haven't met Garrus before. Because of their backgrounds, and the fact that two of them are royalty, they aren't likely to let a stranger hitchhike for very long.

If you don't have a specific plot, I'm absolutely open to an individual thread between Garrus and Luna. If you are just looking for a traveling partner, Link wanders Pandora on his own. He'd be open to letting someone tag along.

Maine likes this.
  9. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Lunafreya Nox Fleuret and @Vivi Ornitier
    I don't really know what I'm doing with Vivi this season, nor do I have any concrete ideas of how their meeting could go or what might come out of it and it's really late atm, I just think it could be cute for these two to meet lol.

@Link and @Brigitte Lindholm
    They're similar in that they're both on that kind of middle ground between hi-tech and also traditional, so I could see them getting along, especially since they're basically both knights. Brigitte would probably be very interest in looking into Link's equipment and trying to figure out how everything works too.

10. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer
    @FullMoon
    Vivi and Luna meeting would be cute. There isn't really anyone or anything like Vivi in Luna's world (as far as I know but I'm not familiar with IX), but once she recognizes he's a child she'd be happy to play with him. They could meet through her dogs if you wanted to do something fluffy and fun. Maybe a day in the park? Hang out and pick flowers. Play games. Stuff like that. October and November are best for Luna.

As for Bridgette and Link, that would be kind of funny. Even though Link technically has all this magitek with him, it might as well be all magic as far as he's concerned. He has no idea how it works. Link would be really interested in her armor and shield though! They could do a weapons exchange. Let the other try out their stuff. That would be hilarious. I'm pretty sure Bridgette is taller than Link. He's in the Crystal Vales at the start of the season, but I can send him just about anywhere really.

FullMoon likes this.
  11. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Ariel

Luna and Vivi
    Him meeting her through the dogs would be fun, though I feel like Vivi might be a bit nervous around them at first until he sees that they're not going to hurt him. I could definitely see him hanging out in a park and just trying to enjoy the nature in it and relax, so I could get something up between them!

Link and Brigitte
    Them trying out each other's equipments would be silly, probably! Brigitte's equipment is not all that crazy, her shield is probably the most striking one because of the barrier field it generates. Still, Brigitte is doing a lot of travelling through the season and is in the Vales from mid September to mid October, so anytime could work for her!

12. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer
    @FullMoon
    For Luna and Vivi that sounds great! I can get the thread up for Link and Bridgette. While Bridgette's equipment isn't all that crazy, the size difference between Link and Bridgette is BIG. Link is only 5'3" and Bridgette looks to be somewhere between Widomaker and Reaper in terms of height (the 6' range from what I can tell). Plus her shield is cool.

FullMoon likes this.
  13. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Ariel

Haha, yeah, I have Brigitte at 6'1 so Link barely reaches above her shoulders. Still, her equipment shouldn't be too difficult for him to get used to, while she probably will try her hardest to figure out how the Sheikah Slate works. Any date after September 20th and before October 15th (except the 13th) work for Brigitte if it's gonna be set in the Vales!

I'll try to get the Vivi/Luna thread up as soon as I regain my muse for him!

14. Maine

Maine Player

@Ariel

Individual thread sounds nice, Ariel~ Sorry for being late to reply.