By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Ayano's State of the World

Discussion in 'Journals & Fanworks' started by Ayano Tateyama, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ayano Tateyama

Ayano Tateyama Kagerou Project
    Red is the color of a hero

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

I never expected to be taken from one world to another. For a moment, I thought I was back into the real world, which would be bad, but Pandora seems to be something else entirely. There's all kinds of people here, some of which are very much not human. It's very weird, but also kinda exciting to have so much new stuff to look at compared to before

I got lucky and had someone super nice greet me. Thanks to him, I have a place to stay until I can get everything figured out. With any luck, that won't take too long.

I wonder how everyone else must feel about being taken here. They're probably leaving a lot of people behind, but for me... going here is really a bit of a relief. I just have to keep hoping that things get better back at home and well, there's no reason for me to not try to enjoy myself here in the meantime, right?

Pandora is a very different place. What might be normal or strange for me, could be the complete opposite for someone else. Where I came from, people didn't have powers normally. Even those that did end up with them had to suffer a lot to get them, me included. In Pandora, however? It's like all this kind of stuff is normal. It's something straight out of a comic book, with superpowered people among the normal ones, and then there's the aliens and everything else that lives here.

It's exciting to find new people around every corner, but it makes me wonder just how much more dangerous this world really is. After all, it's not only good people who have superpowers and some of the people who live here might be actual monsters, or even outright demons. It's a bit scary to think that I might be coming across that kind of person without even realizing it.

Not all monsters are bad though, I just have to be careful about the ones who are.

I don't know why, and I don't really want to, but I ended up getting stalked after wandering into the bad part of town. It was terrifying, but someone showed up to help me, someone from the local police though they call themselves the City Watch for some reason. Funnily enough, that same person turned out to be my neighbor.

The red eyes he showed me were very familiar, but the reason behind it was very different from what I'm used to. He's a werewolf and he was pretty blunt about it too. Funny, normally I'd think something like that would be kept secret, but at the same time I guess it doesn't matter in a world like Pandora, huh?

Scott is a really nice guy. Strong, too, considering the brute he was able to take down. I'm glad that I got to meet him and since it turned out that we're neighbors, I'm sure we're gonna be talking to each other a lot from now on. Plus, I also got his number!

Tonight was scary but... all's well that ends well, right?

For people like me, staying in Pandora is better than going back to where I was. I'm sure there are other people like me around, but I feel like I'm a special case thanks to what happened to me. Even if the world we came from was bad, or even if the life we led was unpleasant, there's always someone who we care for, right? Leaving them behind, even if we get to go to a better place, ends up creating a void that's gonna be hard to fill.

I had already left everyone, for their own sake, so being taken to Pandora was only an improvement, but I guess I could be considered lucky. I hope people like Daniel can find happiness in here, even if they had to leave their loved ones behind when coming here. I know I still miss my siblings even now.

I hope they're happy.

I can't believe I almost forgot about Tanabata! At least I still managed to go there, and I even managed to bring Scott along too! Things like this are always more fun when you have a friend with you. Although... I feel like calling him a friend might not be completely accurate...

He's such a good guy, and really cute too. He even had the same wish as me, although I guess it wasn't really anything special. It's really hard for me to resist someone like that, but I can't help but feel like it's... wrong? I feel like he deserves someone better than a screw-up like me but... I really do want to be with him. It's a weird feeling and I think it's gonna come up every time I'm with him now.

Maybe I should go to Tanabata by myself tomorrow...

I met a man who's actually a boy younger than me today. It was a bit weird at first, but superheroes have all kinds of strange powers, right? Either way, we're gonna be living together for a while. He didn't look like he wanted to be forced to live in an orphanage or a shelter, so I thought I'd offer my apartment for now. It wasn't like I was using the extra room for anything.

He's about the same age as my siblings, so I guess I'm just playing big sister again. He actually reminds me of Shuuya a little, with very different powers. I really hope he doesn't get himself in too much trouble though. I mean, he's a superhero so he can probably handle a lot more than I can, but I still don't want him to get hurt.

Still, being roommates with a superhero is pretty cool. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be dealing with "Billy" a lot more often than "Captain Marvel" though.

A kitty kept following me around, so I thought I could take care of him. Poor thing wouldn't last long on its own like that. Getting him was a bit more difficult than I was expecting, though actually I wasn't the one who caught him. Another girl was watching and accidentally startled him, but she did some crazy acrobatics and grabbed him before he could go too far.

We're friends now and I decided to name the kitten "Shin". It reminded me a little of some cats that hanged around the school and I remember Shintaro often getting upset with me for stopping to interact with them all the time. Shintaro... I wasn't a very good friend for you at all, was I? I hope you can forgive me for being so stupid.

... Now that I think about it, I totally forgot to give Robin my phone number, didn't I?

I don't know what's happening to Pandora, but I hope everyone is alright. At least I had Scott around to make the whole situation less nerve-wracking, but knowing that there were people out there while the earthquakes and stuff were happening makes me really worried. The weather isn't getting any better either.

To make matters worse, Scott got shot and there was nothing I could do about it. I'm not sure what happened, but it looked like the bullet had some kind of werewolf poison in it. It was lucky that Scott knew how to deal with it because... I'm not sure what I would've done otherwise. Bring him to the hospital? Was the hospital even working?

I said we would protect each other, but I can't protect anyone, can I? Not even when it matters the most.

#1 Ayano Tateyama, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM