By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Barriers

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Irene Adler, May 8, 2018.

1. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

April 28th Y7

Irene couldn't decide whether or not to glare at James or ignore him altogether. She had decidedly not sent him an invite and knew he must have bribed or tricked someone into getting a ticket. She wanted to slap him and hug him at the same time. Mostly slap him. He was trying to interfere, which meant putting himself in danger and probably pissing Crowley off. She was glad the Demon hadn't shown. Thank goodness for small blessings.

As she and Robb danced, one of the Winterfell dances he'd shown her, she tried very hard to push all that from her mind. Irene could easily sequester her feelings about just about anything. James seemed to be the only exception, but at least that was only when there was some sort of peril about. For now, she could act like she didn't know him from Adam.

As they glided around the dance floor, she smiled up at Robb, "Thank you again for accompanying me, it's nice not to feel alone and to feel like I can share a few private jokes or a quick chat while trying to appease the rest of the guests." She offered, her voice soft and just loud enough to be heard.

@Robb Stark

Robb Stark likes this.
  2. Robb Stark

Robb Stark A Song of Ice and Fire

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Robb still wasn't aware of anything else in the room. He was friends with Irene, that much was clear at this point, but the Commander didn't know her well enough to pick out any small tells. Irene was far too good at covering up her emotions anyway. Robb was simply too inexperienced to understand anything else that was going on around the room. He knew things in the terms of his own world and while he was learning at a faster rate with Irene's help, that was about it.

Thankfully she was more than accommodating on several levels. She had even taken the time to learn one of the dances he knew, so he would not look like a fool in front of a crowd. Which was the preferred option here and Robb really was grateful for it. Irene had become a large part of his life in a very short amount of time. He admired her on many levels and appreciated her strength on many different subjects. She was a strong woman.

Or perhaps he was just thinking too hard on a number of things that had happened in their meetings. Perhaps reading into a great many things. That was just as likely. A small smile appeared on his lips at her thank you. "Of course, Irene. I understand." It was difficult to be in charge of something important and to have all eyes on you. Waiting for you to make some sort of mistake without a thought to the pressure. "I do think it's going rather well though. The food was good too." Robb was trying to be encouraging. He had enjoyed it even if he didn't know over half the things that had been placed in front of him.

Irene Adler likes this.
  3. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Irene told him as they danced, "Better be careful or I'll have you getting used to all the finer things in life." She teased, tightening her grip on his arm affectionately. As the music ended, Irene stopped dancing and clapped for the live band.

She sighed and turned to him, "I'm burning up, mind if we go outside?" There were the three balconies, one of them being the very balcony where she and James had shared their first kiss. She would absolutely not choose that particular balcony. She pointed to the far right one, as far away as she could get to the far left one, "I'll grab a couple glasses of wine and meet you there?" She asked with a causal smile. He probably should know that her intentions there were to finally break their physical barrier.

@Robb Stark

Robb Stark likes this.
  4. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    All the finer things in life? Robb glanced around for a second, trying to figure out if he would like what finer things would be. There were plenty of things that he didn't fully understand but man of the things that Irene had introduced him to were certainly better quality than what he was use to. Nicer too, though it everything was also oddly different. Some of it still made him a little uncomfortable, like this suit.

The dance had stopped and Irene quickly asked to go outside, pointing to a balcony off to the side. "I'll grab the drinks if you need fresh air." It would make a good bit of sense. She could start cooling down and Robb could easily carrying two drinks. He would just need to know which ones would be the right ones. That he'd need some help on.

"White? Red? Something else entirely that I have no clue about?" There was a flash of a smile at the joke, something almost a little boyish on him. He could make fun of himself when he was a little more relaxed. Besides it was just the two of them since they had gotten up from dinner. He felt he could speak a little more freely when they were alone.

Irene Adler likes this.
  5. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Chardonnay." She told him with a thank you. While he was getting them, she headed outside, making sure to hit James with a glare that could melt ice. He was putting himself in danger by being anywhere near her, not only from Crowley but now from Moriarty. Any suspicion that he was attempting to step in between she and Robb would be met with Crowley's promise to kill him, his promise to kill him quickly and painlessly. Irene's stomach flipped at the thought. Any suspicion that Moriarty might get that Irene held any affection for James at all could be met with a far less merciful death.

Trying not to look worried, putting on that stone face, she walked outside. The balcony was empty for now, it was too early in the evening for people to leave the bar. She took in the cool night air with a deep breath, many fond memories flooding her. The scenery was similar but not exact since it was a different balcony. She remembered how she felt that night when James kissed her and hoped she could get Robb to feel as similar way.

When Robb followed and handed her the glass of white wine, she thanked him, "With everything under way, I can finally sit back and watch and hope people have deep pockets tonight." She commented, giving him a warm smile, trying to figure out just how to break the touch barrier.

@Robb Stark

Robb Stark likes this.
  6. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Robb was not good with wines. He was getting to know plenty of various beers but it seemed like wine was on the roster for the evening. So he grabbed two glasses of what Irene wanted and headed straight to the balcony that she had pointed out. Not looking at anyone else or making note of anything, just moving towards the entire reason why he was here tonight. At least he could move decently in the suit. Robb had thought they would be far more confining than they actually were and as time progressed, he was adjusting to the odd material and cut against his body.

The Commander managed to find Irene quickly enough, holding out her glass to her before stepping up beside her. Not too close, because she said she was warm and he wanted to make sure she was getting plenty of air. He managed not to lift a hand to run it through his hair, knowing full well that he would mess up the hair style and likely ruin the image he was trying to convey. Someone important and in support of the woman next to him, which was his intended purpose at the gala.

"Well, I'm not a good judge of that sort of thing. I really don't pay attention to much outside of work." Except lately he had been. He had been paying attention to Irene. "What do you expect will go for the highest?" Robb had looked over the items in passing. Admittedly he had no interest in really bidding for anything because he wanted to but he had made sure to bring some to donate all the same. His apartment did not need clutter and he doubted he'd be able to keep up with some people in the room. It was best to show his support in some gesture. Besides the shelter had helped him out when he arrived, it was a good thing to donate to.

Irene Adler likes this.
  7. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene gave a short laugh, "You'd be surprised." She said to answer his question, "What people find valuable. I've been to auctions where the most hideous piece of art has gone for the highest, whereas something of actual value is ignored. There's no telling what the person with the deepest pockets will decide they need."

"Usually, I can predict people but this one is up in the air." She didn't look inside, too afraid to see James looking back outside at them, "What about you, what do you find valuable?" She left it open for him to answer what he might about either the items in the auction or if he would expand the question to other things. It would likely get him thinking either way.

For her part, she found very little in the auction that caught her fancy. As much as Irene liked to dress up her living space and body with the very best, it took great effort these days to care about such things. She would trade it all to not being here trying to seduce a man and potentially break his heart. To be at James' side forgetting this whole Crowley thing ever happened.

@Robb Stark

Robb Stark likes this.
  8. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She was easy to talk to. She also liked to laugh at what he said and managed to make him feel a little more eloquent than he thought he was. Irene always asked interesting questions that made him stop and think, which apparently was not a bad thing and Robb appreciated that sentiment. He preferred to think over his answers before deciding. A quick soul search to make sure that his answers were ones he could live with. For some reason he wanted to impress her and be honest with her.

What did he find valuable? There were plenty of things he considered valuable but they were more traits and people than items. Items were replaceable, almost always. His armor, his sword, his apartment... they could vanish in the next second and it would be upsetting, but not life devastating. They were not that valuable to Robb. Which meant they were not of value in the long run.

He was likely over thinking it again, which Robb had a number of times around Irene. "No simple answers again." His smile was a little softer, a little sadder, but he took a sip of the wine to distract himself from it all over again. "Things are typically not of value unless they have sentimental attachments to it. My sword was a gift from my father. Everything else is... replaceable. And likely with better, more advanced items." He was mostly speaking of the gear he wore when patrolling. Like the gun he had been practicing with. "I... don't think I even have any art up at my apartment or my office. At least nothing that wasn't there already when I moved in." There was a shrug of his shoulders at that. It was difficult for him to find answers to her questions but Robb always tried his best.

"But here's hoping that many of the guests see something very valuable in the auction. Perhaps many items." He hoped for the best in this situation. His smile switched from serious to something that was almost a grin. Robb was enjoying himself at least. That was a good thing.

Irene Adler likes this.
  9. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene's smile widened, she was getting used to him taking moments to think over his answers, "I love art collecting, to see the beauty another person can create. They put real talent in it, their love and life. There is something amazing about the passion a true artists uses to create, and I admire it." She told him, explaining why her own home was filled with art. She realized that his life probably didn't allow the luxury of even admiring art, not when survival was difficult enough.

"There is artistry in more than paintings though, functional things are created with the same type of talent and passion. Your sword was designed by an artist as well." She explained, "Who studied and worked hard and had talent." Assuring him that the value lay in more than sentiment and that his sword was every bit a piece of art as well as a tool.

"But, you never struck me as a man finding value in material things." She straightened from the banister to face him, "You value things no one can put a price upon. Stop me if I'm wrong, but I see you as placing value in bravery, honour, and people who are characterized by these things. Whatever your thoughts on this opinion of mine, I feel that you are a rare man, Commander Stark." Her voice was soft and serious and her blue eyes met his and didn't waver.

@Robb Stark

Robb Stark likes this.
  10. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Perhaps his sword had been designed by an artist. It wasn't his father's sword, that much was clear. Though his father's sword was supposed to be his when his father passed on. It was something that would belong in that important category for Robb. Funny, he hadn't even thought about that sword until now. He had been too caught in his grief to think past to the details. His father was dead. The emotions inside of him had burned out thought of almost everything else. He had never felt so heartbroken.

"I suppose that's one way of thinking on it, surely." An artist that could make a blade. The smith in Pandora Town had done a good job repairing it after Robb had treated his sword so crudely. Robb just wasn't completely sure what else he could say on the matter. Irene struck upon things that were important to him but he wasn't exactly comfortable with saying it out loud either. Whatever had happened back home had been because of those values. Robb just didn't know how to live any other way.

Her continued compliments always made him uncomfortable though. Probably because Robb didn't think of himself in such terms and he would rather be efficient and good at his job than be a rare man. "Robb. Please call me Robb, Irene." Perhaps that would help. They were friends. She shouldn't have been calling him the Commander. But at the same time Robb was using the moment to side step that intense gaze and those intense words because he really didn't know how to respond to them.

Irene Adler likes this.
  11. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Robb." Irene's smile softened as she saw that he wasn't exactly comfortable, "I apologize but I find myself compelled to speak my mind." She edged the slightest bit closer, "I have recieved so much strength by your friendship these past weeks and I find myself thinking on you when you're not with me." She admitted, looking away for a moment as if a little shy, "You have come to mean a lot to me."

Looking back up as of to judge his reaction she went on, "I don't usually find myself in this position. My thoughts haven't turned to such feelings in what seems a long time." She scoffed at herself, "You must think I'm rambling."

Sipping her wine to hide her embarrassment she finally said, "I brought you out here with thoughts of kissing you, if that's alright." She figured Robb wouldn't appreciate her simply reading a moment and making a move and she certainly didn't expect him to do so. Recieving his consent seemed important and as if he would appreciate being asked before she acted.

@Robb Stark

Robb Stark likes this.
  12. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Robb. Wasn't a difficult name compared to others. Nice and simple, straight forward. Much like Robb himself or so he thought. You have come to mean a lot to me. He felt the same. Mostly because he had so few friends but perhaps for other reasons as well. But it was still nice to hear it all the same. "No, not rambling." She just had a habit of speaking what was on her mind. Robb didn't mind that at all.

Though her next words threw him for a loop. She brought him out here to... kiss him? That was unexpected and a little startling. What was he supposed to say in return? Why did she want to kiss him? Robb felt a little awkward as his thoughts raced around in circles. No one had exactly asked him such a thing and Irene didn't seem like the sort of person that would ask if she didn't mean it.

But he was startled. Didn't know what to say for a moment and sort of just stared down at her with that same startled expression. Kissing hadn't been on his mind but it certainly was now. Would he mind that? Would he want that? Robb just couldn't be sure what he wanted. Except he could certainly kiss her. It just... felt odd all the same.

Instead of answering Robb lifted a hand, touching the side of her face lightly. Something so simple but her skin felt soft under his fingers. Then Robb leaned down, deciding that if Irene was going to ask to kiss him, it would be best not to leave her disappointed.

Irene Adler likes this.
  13. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He didn't speak or answer her, which wasn't all that surprising. He was far more thoughtful than chatty but she could tell he hadn't expected her words. It was difficult to read much else. Did he want to be kissed? Was the prospect completely outside of anything he might like? For the most part, he was not particularly readable.

His hand came up and with a tightening of her stomach, she realized that this kiss was going to happen. a part of her was overjoyed. The first step in pleasing Crowley was this kiss. Her deal was being fulfilled, her orders carried out. This was a large step and Crowley would be pleased with her progress.

Another part of her was devastated. Up until now, this might not be real, Robb might have no interest in her whatsoever and she would fail Crowley. This was a stepping stone to becoming Crowley's messenger spy for the foreseeable future, for betraying an honourable and honest man, for leaving James behind. The reality that she may never be able to return to her old life was finally hitting her.

His face came close and she couldn't hesitate. Robb was observant and sensitive to the reactions of others, he would see that something was off. Instead, she met him part way, lengthening her neck and pushing her chin up to meet their lips. One hand traveled up his chest softly and the other brushed the side of his neck, her fingertips playing at his hairline. She parted her lips to deepen the kiss, pushing all other thoughts aside and putting as much passion and tenderness she could into it while keeping it soft and slow.

@Robb Stark
    @James McGill

#13 Irene Adler, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    James McGill and Robb Stark like this.
  14. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Irene returned the kiss and leaned up. Robb still wasn't entirely sure what was happening or why, but that was alright. This was good. This had to be good, right? He felt a flutter of nerves that likely had more to do with the odd environment, the odd clothing, and the public space more than anything else. Perhaps because she had asked instead of just kissing him. Robb would never really know and it wasn't like he had a lot of comparisons for the situation. The last time he remembered kissing anyone at all was fuzzy because he had been absolutely drunk.

Her hands moved and that also felt nice. One hand sliding around his neck, the other on his chest, and she continued to kiss him. Deepening the kiss without actually tugging him down, so it was completely different from the other kisses he could remember. Robb closed his eyes and let himself concentrate on this. Concentrate on the taste of her lips and how soft her cheek was beneath his hand.

His other hand moved, slowly circling her waist to pull her carefully closer and against him. Gently, just as gently as this odd kiss seemed to be. Robb kept his hand at her lower back, not shying away from the touch but still keeping it where it wasn't impolite. Slowly he pulled back his face, taking a breath to help cool his lungs, but Robb kept his arm around her and his hand on her cheek. A small smile appeared on his lips as he looked down at her. "You have come to mean a lot to me as well, Irene." That had to be obvious at this point but it still felt right to say.

So he leaned down to kiss her again, perhaps not as gently as the first time, but it was still soft. Robb was treating her carefully and that was all he could think of doing. Careful not to break something he had just discovered.

Irene Adler likes this.
  15. James McGill

James McGill Better Call Saul

Independent Lawyer, Business Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

~Can I just have one more moondance~

By the time the dancing started, James was already ordering a third glass of wine. He remained near the bar like it was some kind of sturdy shore in a sea of storming emotions, manifested by the intermingling and chatter of the other guests. His glass was in one palm while his phone was in his other, pressed against his ear and providing him with protection from being approached and distracted from his task-- watching Irene. She was dancing with that commander, and Jimmy had unintentionally began a drinking game for every time she smiled, laughed, or gave him that look that she gave people who made her amused and happy. The look that she'd so often given him.

He tried to distract himself from giving the pair the stink eye from afar by making up a random one-sided conversation with himself over the pretend call on his phone. This wasn't a personal thing. This was business. He was researching, not spying. Watching her wasn't a possessive jealousy thing, it was to make sure she was safe, and to find out who she was so suddenly and impolitely destined to marry. When the music stopped, he raised a glass as a substitute fro clapping and continued to argue with no one through his phone, noticing Irene and Mr. Stark part. Perhaps it wasn't Mr. Stark that she was assigned to marry after all?

James remained at the bar as the man came over, paying him no mind as the commander ordered two classes of wine. The kind that Irene preferred, no less. James kept himself turned away and blabbering about some imaginary monetary issue over the phone, though he didn't miss Irene's cold glare from across the room.

Then the commander followed her outside, to the left balcony, and James felt a knot of queasiness tangle in his stomach. He sat at the bar for a while longer, torn between moving over to get a vantage point on their new sequestered locale or to stay where he was. He knew what he'd see if he ventured closer to that balcony. He knew it. He dreaded it. But still, he found himself gathering the courage to pick up his wine glass, down the last few gulps, and then saunter around the outskirts of the room with his phone to his ear, talking to himself with some vigor and confidence as he used to do before appearing to defend a losing case in court. He passed the open doorway as if it were a gateway to hell, and couldn't help but glance to his right as the night air wafted in to bring him a small chill.

He was unprepared for the sight of the two of them coming together to start a gentle round of kisses, which caused him to double take and nearly forget that he was supposed to be pretending to have a conversation on his dormant phone. James watched them for only a moment before moving on again in a rushed embarrassment, resuming his conversation to himself with some exasperation in his voice, though he intended it to be provoked 'by his client' and not by what he'd just seen. His footsteps were rushed and he was soon lost in the crowd again.

He didn't order another drink. He didn't stay long enough to see them come back inside. He didn't want to know how long they were out there, kissing, on that balcony. Jimmy left the gala, having discovered what he'd come searching for, and he didn't want to stay any longer and risk his life just to see her in love (falsely or not) with another man.

~With you~
    ~My love~

@Irene Adler
    @Robb Stark

Robb Stark and Irene Adler like this.
  16. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene felt his soft touch around her waist and allowed them to draw even closer. She felt tears sting her eyes and pushed back the feelings of remorse, the kiss never faltering. It wasn't what she wanted but she acted to all the world and well that this was her desire. By the time Robb parted from her, her eyes were clear and looking back at him, filled with happy emotions.

"You have come to mean a lot to me as well, Irene."

Guilt followed up her sorrow but she gave him a perfect rendition of a twitterpated smile. He came back with a slightly stronger kiss and she matched the increased intensity, knowing that she couldn't give him any reason to think she was hesitating. It was still the delicate balance of pulling him to her without scaring him away. The kiss lasted longer this time and she softly cooed against his mouth before finding a natural place to part.

Her mouth turned up into an affectionate smile, "I didn't think it possible that a man could make me feel like an enamored girl." She gave a short light laugh, "You've nearly made me forget I have guests to entertain but I think we should continue this...conversation at a, hopefully not too far away, time." She stayed near him, deciding to draw him in for one more small kiss before finally pulling away completely.

@Robb Stark

17. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Irene smiled up at him and he felt a flutter in his chest all the same. He didn't sense a single thing out of place and didn't think anything of anyone passing them. Robb's attention was fully on the woman he had his arm around and that felt right too. Everything about it was tender and Robb couldn't help the smile that was on his lips. A bit of laugh escaped him when she laughed as well. It felt encouraging.

"That sounds like a plan." Robb fully understand that she couldn't be away from the main event for very long. She was the host of the night and she had many fine details to oversee. Responsibly had a way of temper most interesting situations. "Another time then." Robb slowly let go of her and took a half step back to give her a bit of space.

Robb put his hands in his pockets to try and keep them there. "Do you still need some air?" One eyebrow lifted and there might have been a bit of a smile on his lips. Perhaps even a hint of humor. She had supposedly come out here for the purpose of air and to cool down, and Robb doubted that feat had been accomplished in the last few moments.

So he would wait for her answer before leading the way back to the main event. Robb just had a bit of a smile on his face all the same. A turn of events, certainly, but it seemed like a good one.

James McGill and Irene Adler like this.
  18. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Do you still need some air?"

Quite possibly one of the first jokes Irene had ever heard out of Robb and she laughed lightly at it, "In fact, I need it more than before." She quipped back, "So I better stay far away from you for the next half hour." She added, teasing him and adding a little hint that she felt heated to be near him.

Picking up the wine glass that she hadn't remembered putting down, Irene took his arm to go back inside. This was good. Their first intimate moment and she could tell Crowley she was making true progress. Perhaps even if he knew James had been here, he might ignore it for her success. Irene felt jubilant. It was closely followed by the realization that the next step was likely to be sexual. Her mood fell instantly.

Sex for Robb would be a meaningful thing and he deserved to be truly loved during it. Irene was following orders. As fond as she was of him, it wasn't love. For the sake of his heart, she would act very much in love in the moment of intimacy. Because, at this point in the game, breaking his heart would also break hers.

@Robb Stark