By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

beautiful disasters

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Talia al Ghul, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Talia al Ghul

Talia al Ghul DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    March 24th
    @Jade Nguyen

Pandora town had its fair share of vigilantes, so finding a group of gang members severely beaten and barren was nothing new. What had caught Talia's attention though was the description one of them had given her of the one who had attacked them. She expected to hear about a series of inventive gadgets and a bat motif, but instead what she got was completely different and much similar to another style of fighting. A style she was quite familiar with herself.

And so she had decided to track down that person with the cat mask and the sais, intrigued by the concept. During her stay in Pandora, she had not met any members of her father's organization and those who knew about her were heros from her world and allies of the Batman. It had made her feel lonely and wary, but she was not the kind to submit to vulnerability. Sometimes she thought their absence might had been for the best, since, for all their philosophies and training, there was no shortage of betrayal inside the League. But, she had decided that was hardly important compared to the information someone from the organization might had regarding her father's state. She was pulled in this realm after his death and she had mourned him for a long time, but when it came to the Demon's Head there was always a possibility he could come back from the land of the deceased.

After a bit of search, she located the talented warrior in one of Pandora Town's less populated and bright blocks and she smiled to herself. She dropped from the roof of a building, landing at her feet in front of the other, staring at her with a look that suggested she was already evaluating. 'Chesire? I am a fan of your work.' she said.

Jade Nguyen likes this.
  2. Jade Nguyen

Jade Nguyen Guest

Cheshire yawned. Under her dear sister's guidance, she was learning how to be a good guy. Hunting down petty criminals, and not even killing them. She had left Lian with Artemis. For all that she joked about her daughter's tendencies for violence, Jade occasionally worried that she'd be in the crossfire in a battle one day.

Not that it had been a problem this far.

Still, Jade was on the prowl for criminals, when down dropped a woman about the same age as her. She even looked familiar, though the assassin couldn't place where from. It was as if it wasn't her face, but in the way she moved and spoke. Jade replied to the evaluating stare with a stare of her own, that looked more like she was checking out Talia then anything else. Her mask was surprisingly emotive. When Talia spoke, Jade grinned as it occurred to her.

"I hope so," she said, rather suggestively. "It does seem the kind of thing an al Ghul would appreciate. I didn't realise the Ancient One had a daughter."

Talia al Ghul likes this.
  3. Talia al Ghul

Race:
    Human
    There was a sigh of relief at Chesire's words as she confirmed that she was quite familiarwith the League of Shadows, even if she did not know of her. Though most of the world remained oblivious to their existence, it had been distressing for Talia to be inhabiting a realm where her father's title didn't produce any signs of fear or respect, but instead scorn for those that knew him from their world and indifference to anyone else. Though she hardly ever felt glad and content, she definitely find herself preferring to be speaking to this warrior than anyone else. And it showed, as she allowed a half smile to pass in her face.

'The heir of my father's title and place could not have been a woman so there was little use for me to step in the front light. That was until my father died in my time. I have searched throughout this realm and have yet to find another member of the League of Shadows, though its enemies are plenty and as popular as ever.' Talia started, aiming to sound confident. She had not agreed with her father on the matter of the heir, but she had not defied him either and had played along with his plan to find a suitable mate for her who would serve as such, but that plan had not been successful. She assumed the birth of Damian was an attempt to right the wrongs, though again, its success was dubious at best. So she was the only al Ghul in Pandora that was bounded to continue Ra's legacy, even in different ways than he would have chosen.

'If I said that I have a place and use for you, Chesire, what would your answer be?' she questioned. She was no stranger to rejection, due to her sex or other reasons, so it was unlikely that a negative answer would turn her merciless and cruel, especially given the talent and potential she had already seen in the other woman. But she would not be restrained if she proved to be an enemy.

#3 Talia al Ghul, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Jade Nguyen likes this.
  4. Jade Nguyen

Jade Nguyen Guest

Cheshire raised her eyebrows behind the mask at Talia's mention of the Ancient One's standing on gender. "That's quite strange," she said, "the Ancient One of my world always cared for ability over appearance." Another world, the assassin supposed. And a different Ra's Al Ghul. One that was actually able to get laid. "I've noticed," she snarked, in reply to Talia's comment about enemies. "It's a pain in the ass, though not that much different than home."

Cheshire tapped her sai against the side of her face thoughtfully. "Employment, hmm?" she said. "I would be interested, but I'd have a few caveats. One, the pay must be good. I have a baby daughter to feed. Two, I may be an assassin, but I do have standards. Right of refusal on any mission I'm given is a must. Three, if a man shows up calling himself Sportsmaster, we kill him. Immediately. Oh, and four, anything involving a girl named Artemis Crock is off limits. She's my sister, and a vigilante, but I do love her, so no trying to kill her or anything. She recently faked her death for a mission, which made me realise how much I would miss her if she was gone," Jade finished.

Maybe the terms and conditions would be too much for Talia, but they would see. As a sign of trust, and also prudence, since she had already told Talia her sister's name, Cheshire reached and took off her mask, revealing her true face. "My name's Jade Nguyen, by the way."

5. Talia al Ghul

Race:
    Human
    Oh. As much as she loved her father, what Chesire described sounded like a more preferable parallel Earth. Women had achieved plenty throughout the years the Demon's Head had been alive, so Talia could not say that she completely understood the tradition that denied her her rightful place, no matter how much she respected him. It was Talia's abilities that had granted her a place by her father's side, thus he was able to see past her gender, but not enough to name her his heir.

Her face remained knowing and thoughtful as Chesire continued speaking. Most of the rules she had named could easily be met. What troubled Talia was her refusal of missions, which she had reasons to believe that Ra's would not have liked if he heard of them. He demanded total subordination and loyalty from those inside the League and he had his way of convincing his allies of the right course of action. That being said, betrayals were a usual phenomenon as well, so Talia had decided to be cautious and perhaps alter some of the Demon Head's approaches.

And Talia valued Chesire's next move. That voluntary unmasking and reveal of her true name was a move of trust, as was the mentions of her baby and her sister. Jade had proved Talia with means to strike her if she ever betrayed her, which the Demon's Daughter appreciated, if not admired. 'If those are all your demands, you will find our partnership satisfactory. However, I must admit, I am curious about what type of missions you would be unwilling to partake in. You carry lethal weapons and called yourself an assassin, so taking a life should not be against your code.' Talia said, looking at Jade with questioning eyes. 'I will demand your loyalty when working with me, miss Nguyen. In exchange I will honor your ideals and never ask you to do something that goes against of who you are. But if you betray me, you will suffer.' she said, her tone serious and determined. 'Our worlds might be diffenet, but I am sure you understand' she added. It was how their kind operated, was it not? They fought and the strongest of them survived, but Talia much preffered it when they worked together.

Jade Nguyen likes this.
  6. Jade Nguyen

Jade Nguyen Guest

Jade smirked, a sensual and confident expression, as Talia agreed to her demands. "Don't get me wrong," she said. "I have no qualms about killing people, especially if they're assholes, hence, Sportmaster," and wouldn't she love some extra back-up if Lawrence fucking Crock ever turned up in Pandora? Jade swore to herself that she'd never have to work a mission with him again, and that she would cut off all his fingers before he laid a hand on Lian or Artemis. "And torture...." Jade pursed her lips together thoughtfully, "if I'm having a bad day, and they really, really deserve it. Stress relief can be nice, after all."

"But..." Jade said, tone and expression turning serious, and her eyes regarded the horizon, a sadness lurking there. "I don't like killing kids. It's just a waste. There are better things to do with kids, like get them adopted by Batman, or another one of those vigilantes. Or that thing where you kidnap someone, and the ransom is paid, but you kill the person anyway? That's just not nice. Unprofessional, too. Puts your reputation through the ground." Clearly deep in thought, Jade continued, "I don't agree with drug-running, or drug smuggling, and framing innocent people for crimes is plain unfair," she finished, watching Talia for her reaction. The loyalty thing was interesting, but Jade doubted it would be a problem. Provided that Talia kept to her half of the deal, of course.

Jade held up a single hand, like she was swearing the oath in court. "I won't betray you, Daughter of Ra's," she said, voice oddly formal, and the whole scene feeling... ritualistic, in a sense. "Even if I should choose to leave your employ, I will not betray your secrets to another." Then Jade let her arm drop, and smiled. "As long as you pay me, I'm sure we will have a very happy working relationship."

7. Talia al Ghul

Race:
    Human
    The woman really hated that Sportmaster character to the point that it sounded like a lasting grunge. Talia had tried to not become too emotionally involved in business, as her father had taught her, but she was a woman of passions as well, so she could understand Jade. She listened carefully to her as she listed all the rules she had placed on herself to be able to do her work without breaking her ethical code. Talia respected that. If anything, it reminded her of Batman, but thankfully, the woman understood the necessity of killing.

None of the things she mentioned had bothered Talia. She was not interested in selling drugs and wanted to avoid harming children. Killing innocents was something that affected her more compared to her father; killing heros was even more unnecessary and thoughtless. And she appreciated that Jade was not blood lusted and brutal but fair and professional. She much preferred working with those she could reason with.

'I am pleased to hear that miss Nguyen. You will find our partnership to your liking as well. I agree to all your terms.' she said when the other finished. Then she took out a mobile phone, modified enough so none of the LexTech employees could listen to her conversations. As much as she had been raised to despise technology, she understood the necessity of it, for the time being. 'I will contact you when I need you. Half of the payment will be sent to your bank account before each mission and the other half after it is done.' she said as she reached to hand her the phone. 'Is there anything else?' she asked, inma genuine friendly, accommodating tone. She could not hide that she was rather excited to have met someone relatively familiar who did not view her as a threat and an enemy.

Jade Nguyen likes this.