HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private beautiful disasters

Discussion in 'Blackhaven' started by Talia al Ghul, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Talia al Ghul

Talia al Ghul DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    March 24th
    @Jade Nguyen

Pandora town had its fair share of vigilantes, so finding a group of gang members severely beaten and barren was nothing new. What had caught Talia's attention though was the description one of them had given her of the one who had attacked them. She expected to hear about a series of inventive gadgets and a bat motif, but instead what she got was completely different and much similar to another style of fighting. A style she was quite familiar with herself.

And so she had decided to track down that person with the cat mask and the sais, intrigued by the concept. During her stay in Pandora, she had not met any members of her father's organization and those who knew about her were heros from her world and allies of the Batman. It had made her feel lonely and wary, but she was not the kind to submit to vulnerability. Sometimes she thought their absence might had been for the best, since, for all their philosophies and training, there was no shortage of betrayal inside the League. But, she had decided that was hardly important compared to the information someone from the organization might had regarding her father's state. She was pulled in this realm after his death and she had mourned him for a long time, but when it came to the Demon's Head there was always a possibility he could come back from the land of the deceased.

After a bit of search, she located the talented warrior in one of Pandora Town's less populated and bright blocks and she smiled to herself. She dropped from the roof of a building, landing at her feet in front of the other, staring at her with a look that suggested she was already evaluating. 'Chesire? I am a fan of your work.' she said.

Jade Nguyen likes this.
  2. Jade Nguyen

Jade Nguyen DC Universe

Cheshire yawned. Under her dear sister's guidance, she was learning how to be a good guy. Hunting down petty criminals, and not even killing them. She had left Lian with Artemis. For all that she joked about her daughter's tendencies for violence, Jade occasionally worried that she'd be in the crossfire in a battle one day.

Not that it had been a problem this far.

Still, Jade was on the prowl for criminals, when down dropped a woman about the same age as her. She even looked familiar, though the assassin couldn't place where from. It was as if it wasn't her face, but in the way she moved and spoke. Jade replied to the evaluating stare with a stare of her own, that looked more like she was checking out Talia then anything else. Her mask was surprisingly emotive. When Talia spoke, Jade grinned as it occurred to her.

"I hope so," she said, rather suggestively. "It does seem the kind of thing an al Ghul would appreciate. I didn't realise the Ancient One had a daughter."

Talia al Ghul likes this.
  3. Talia al Ghul

Talia al Ghul DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    There was a sigh of relief at Chesire's words as she confirmed that she was quite familiarwith the League of Shadows, even if she did not know of her. Though most of the world remained oblivious to their existence, it had been distressing for Talia to be inhabiting a realm where her father's title didn't produce any signs of fear or respect, but instead scorn for those that knew him from their world and indifference to anyone else. Though she hardly ever felt glad and content, she definitely find herself preferring to be speaking to this warrior than anyone else. And it showed, as she allowed a half smile to pass in her face.

'The heir of my father's title and place could not have been a woman so there was little use for me to step in the front light. That was until my father died in my time. I have searched throughout this realm and have yet to find another member of the League of Shadows, though its enemies are plenty and as popular as ever.' Talia started, aiming to sound confident. She had not agreed with her father on the matter of the heir, but she had not defied him either and had played along with his plan to find a suitable mate for her who would serve as such, but that plan had not been successful. She assumed the birth of Damian was an attempt to right the wrongs, though again, its success was dubious at best. So she was the only al Ghul in Pandora that was bounded to continue Ra's legacy, even in different ways than he would have chosen.

'If I said that I have a place and use for you, Chesire, what would your answer be?' she questioned. She was no stranger to rejection, due to her sex or other reasons, so it was unlikely that a negative answer would turn her merciless and cruel, especially given the talent and potential she had already seen in the other woman. But she would not be restrained if she proved to be an enemy.

#3 Talia al Ghul, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Jade Nguyen likes this.
  4. Jade Nguyen

Jade Nguyen DC Universe

Cheshire raised her eyebrows behind the mask at Talia's mention of the Ancient One's standing on gender. "That's quite strange," she said, "the Ancient One of my world always cared for ability over appearance." Another world, the assassin supposed. And a different Ra's Al Ghul. One that was actually able to get laid. "I've noticed," she snarked, in reply to Talia's comment about enemies. "It's a pain in the ass, though not that much different than home."

Cheshire tapped her sai against the side of her face thoughtfully. "Employment, hmm?" she said. "I would be interested, but I'd have a few caveats. One, the pay must be good. I have a baby daughter to feed. Two, I may be an assassin, but I do have standards. Right of refusal on any mission I'm given is a must. Three, if a man shows up calling himself Sportsmaster, we kill him. Immediately. Oh, and four, anything involving a girl named Artemis Crock is off limits. She's my sister, and a vigilante, but I do love her, so no trying to kill her or anything. She recently faked her death for a mission, which made me realise how much I would miss her if she was gone," Jade finished.

Maybe the terms and conditions would be too much for Talia, but they would see. As a sign of trust, and also prudence, since she had already told Talia her sister's name, Cheshire reached and took off her mask, revealing her true face. "My name's Jade Nguyen, by the way."