By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming a Country Girl?

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Karen Page, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Karen Page

Karen Page Marvel Universe

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Year 7
    27th August, Summer

Tag; OPEN

[​IMG]
    Was Karen Page becoming a country girl?

Lon Lon Ranch had arguably become her favourite destination in recent weeks, but it had come as a surprise to Karen as much as it had to anyone who knew her. Granted, that number wasn't high anymore -- people were coming and going from Pandora at a faster rate these days, with Karen loosing her loved ones over and over again. It was hard on the heart, and she was trying to busy herself with work and newly found friends, but she missed New York, and she still mourned those she'd lost. Karen was no stranger to grief, but it seemed to be her constant companion these days.

But at Lon Lon Ranch, she felt different. She felt free. Peaceful. Alone with the cows and chickens, she'd found time to really think. Karen had always felt more at home in the big city; the bustle of the streets and a new story around every corner. It had been a kind of rush. Life out in country had always been a mystery to Karen, but now, she was finally starting to understand it's appeal.

She was even wearing jeans today. That was something new, considering her usual attire was normally some kind of dress, or a top and skirt combo -- complete with high heels. The floor wasn't muddy, but Karen found it a whole lot easier to walk across the uneven field in her flats than in her usual heels. She was feeding a horse called Rusty -- beautiful and fur a dusty sand colour -- and speaking to him in a soft, quiet tones. There was a gentle smile upon her face and for the first time in a number of weeks, she felt joy.

2. Mezo Shoji

Mezo Shoji Guest

Sometimes it was good to go to less busy, more nature-filled places. Shoji had heard of a local ranch that apparently produced some very good milk, but had plenty of other farm animals in it. Shoji was always rather fond of animals, if only because they tended to not be as affected by his appearance as people were, especially in Pandora.

The ranch itself was peaceful which, coupled with the bright blue sky and the nice summer breeze, made it a very relaxing place to be at. It was a nice, safe environment where one could just take some time to get away from their otherwise busy life. While Shoji wasn't someone who had a lot of things to do, he was still very new to Pandora and the whole adaptation process had been taking a bit of a toll on him, as much as he tried to be calm about it.

While he was there, he spotted a woman taking care of a horse. Shoji had yet to see the people who actually worked in there and while her outfit didn't look typical of a person who does farm work, she could be someone familiar with the property owners, so Shoji decided to approach all the same.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find the owners of this ranch?" He asked, the round end of one of his multiple arms morphing into a mouth so that he could speak without his voice being muffled by his mask.

Karen Page likes this.
  3. Karen Page

Karen Page Marvel Universe

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Rusty looked content, and Karen felt at peace too. It wasn't very often that she felt like that, and she rejoiced in the feeling. There was the odd person about, but she hadn't been expecting any conversation, so when a polite voice suddenly addressed her, Karen jumped. She turned, coming out of her thoughts and about to speak when her entire body jumped again, her gaze immediately locking on to the man's multiple limbs.

Her lips parted a little and for a moment, she couldn't hide the shock from her face. Pandora was a phenomenon but even in New York there were those with extra body parts, but she was pretty sure they didn't morph into a mouth like that. Karen tried to catch herself, not wanting to stare and cleared her throat. "Uh," she started, her voice shaking slightly. "I think by the entrance to the farm? I haven't met them myself, but I thought I saw a couple who looked like they owned the place."

Her eyes were drawn to his various limbs, not the mention the mask on his face and Karen's reporter instincts started to take over. What was his story? Where was he from originally? He had spoken politely and it was only common cutesy that she do the same. Karen suddenly felt guilty for acting the way she had, and hastily averted her eyes, instead returning her attention back to Rusty. "Your first time at Lon Lon Ranch?" She inquired, keep her voice casual.

Mezo Shoji likes this.
  4. Mezo Shoji

Mezo Shoji Guest

The woman's reaction to seeing him was nothing short of expected. She was clearly startled by his appearance, but she was nice enough to at least try to pretend there wasn't anything bothering her. Shoji didn't blame her for it, but he couldn't deny that it was a little upsetting that this was the standard reaction most people had when they first met him.

Still, there was no point in confronting the woman about it, it would only make both of them feel uncomfortable, so he preferred to take a page out of her book and act as if he hadn't noticed anything off, embrancing the topic of the ranch he had brought up himself.

"Hmm, I guess they might have gone somewhere else since then." At least, Shoji definitely didn't spot anyone who looked like a farmer or anyone that would own a ranch when he came in. "This is my first time here, yes. I haven't been in Pandora for very long, most things here are new for me."

Karen Page likes this.
  5. Rosalee Calvert

Healer at Pandora Hospital
    Race:
    Wesen (Fuchsbau)
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Having a day off, Rosalee had finally decided to check out the ranch that people had been talking about around town. A quick scan of the place and sniffing the air revealed just what kind of animals it had, plus there was a trace of humans in the area. Following the scents to a barn, she wandered inside to see a woman grooming a horse and a man with more than two arms.

The guy's limbs made him stand out but still she was used to unusual beings, considering the amount of wesen she knew or knew about. Heck, most humans freaked out on seeing a woge. Taking a step forward, she waited for a lull in their conversation before asking about the milk this place seemed to provide.

Karen Page likes this.