By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Better not skip out

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Vegeta, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Vegeta had gotten another attempt at a sparring match from that Starkbook thing, this time he hoped they actually came and didn't leave him waiting. Though it was a girl this time, that made little issue to him as she seemed excited to fight. But he knew he couldn't go all out and would access her skills when things started off, she was young but he knew that meant nothing.

His own son was fighting evil creatures when he was eight and his friend who was seven would do the same, so age wasn't a factor but he outlined what he could to the girl and waited atop the waterfall. It was fairly ovious as to where it was and even if it wasn't he was standing atop it on the rocks in his blue fighting suit, he thought it best to avoid flying or floating as that might show too much of his hand.

Plus the girl may not be able to do what he can, but regardless he hoped she was at least a good fighter in some regards because otherwise this might be nothing but a waste of time. "Maybe I'll do some warm ups" muttered Vegeta to himself as he started moving around on the rocks, however he wasn't over doing it and was going at a normal human pace as he waited for the girl to show.

@Sakura Kasugano

Sakura Kasugano likes this.
  2. Pandora was a really weird place, with how you could just teleport from one place to another and get around so easily. It made Sakura feel like she was in some kind of virtual reality MMO or something, which she knew wasn't the case but... it still felt like something straight out of a videogame.

She had gotten a challenge from someone through the internet, on the social media site, Starkbook. That was a really silly name but what could you do, right? They had set up a hour and place to meet, so Sakura made sure she would be able to get to it and still be able to go back to Pandora Town in time to continue with her daily routine.

What she didn't know was that the town she was gonna be visiting was a town in the middle of the desert, but luckily it was a place that despite the surroundings, was actually pretty lively and didn't look at all like some kind of sandy, dry town. It wasn't too hot either, thanks to it being winter, so this allowed her to do some quick sightseeing before looking for directions to the waterfall.

Once she got there, she soon spotted a person standing on the top of it and she made her way up. That by itself was quite the work out and Sakura had to admit she was feeling pretty tired already by the time she met up with her opponent.

"I'm here! Just like I promised!" She called out, panting a little as she was still recovering from the trek she had made to get there.

The person she was fighting had a really strange choice of battle outfit, but she couldn't say much, people just worked with what they were comfortable with. What also got her attention was his hair, it was really big and spiky, just how long must it take to get it to look like that? It did look pretty cool though, there was no denying that.

3. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The girl had made good time but she seemed to have trouble climbing up the waterfall, hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a hinderance for her though. He didn't want to win this by default, he smirked when she spoke and he crossed his arms "Seems you have, let's hope the warm up didn't tire you out to much" replied Vegeta as he took on his fighting pose ready to see if this Sakura was up to the task of sparring with him.

He wasn't going to put much effort into this, just encase he killed the girl but he hoped he could at least have some fun with it. "I hear you're supposed to let ladies go first or something, either way let's go" added Vegeta as he slowly moved forward towards Sakura whether she was ready lor not though he wasn't going fast off the bat because he didn't want to tip his hand. This girl probably thinks he's just some normal fighter so he wasn't going to show otherwise, unless necessary and from what he could sense off the girl that might not happen.

4. He was already in a combat stance. This guy meant business! Sakura was still kinda recovering from her trek to get to that place, so she wasn't at her best just now. She wanted to be able to give a good fight, so she needed to take a little breather.

"Ok! Just... let me catch a breath first." She then began taking deep breaths to stabilize herself. She closed her eyes, relaxed and soon she could begin feeling the fatigue wearing out. That done, she opened her eyes and looked at Vegeta with a grin "Alright, ready!"

Taking advantage of his chivalry, Sakura dashed towards him, aiming to throw a simple punch at him first just to start things off. She wanted to see what he was capable of doing, how quickly he would react. She was fully expecting some kind of counter-attack to come out of it and she was intent on dodging it as best as she could.

5. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Even at his base level Vegeta was stronger and faster then most humans, and he kept forgetting that not all of them can fly or climb things without running out of breath. The girl needed to catch her breath but didn't take too long to do so which he was glad for, otherwise he'd be annoyed he'd picked the wrong person.

She took the initiative he'd given her and gone for the simple punch to the face, Vegeta attempted to grab it being that his hand was in a position to block it and if he caught it he's lightly tossed her hand aside. Then he went for a punch to the gut, not something to kill her but to see how she reacted to the attack.

He wasn't expecting it to hit exactly and was waiting to see her reaction time or counter attack, he knew he could take his time here especially if he didn't want to hurt the girl in some way. Depending on what she did next Vegeta would counter with a kick, either low or high depending on what her moves were.

6. Her attack was blocked with little to not effort, Vegeta just grabbed her fist and tossed it aside before striking back with a strong punch to her gut that had enough impact to knock her back a little and make her fall on her rear. Luckily Sakura made sure to not have eaten a whole lot before this encounter or she would have definitely have thrown up.

She soon jumped back at her feet, wincing in pain from the impact, but she wasn't gonna go down quite so easily. She ran back towards him and then made a jump forward, spinning her legs like a propeller quickly so as to not give him enough time to react. That would be if that was the actual attack, but in reality, Sakura would stop just short of actually making contact, faking him out so that she could position herself in front of him and then deliver a powerful uppercut in his stomach.

#6 Sakura Kasugano, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
  7. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The girl took the brunt of his attack but fell on her arse, though it didn't take long for her to get up and continue attacking. With a jump the girl looked like she was attempting an air attack but fell short, trying to fake him out so he didn't go for the kick and let her make the connection. Wanting to see how strong she actually was, taking the attack and just smirking as the girl's strength reminded him of that buffoon Hercule.

Who thought he was some sort of champion when he hadn't truly fought anyone that was a proper fighter, his own eight year old son almost killed him when he hit him. But this girl was stronger then him which at least was something and she was smarter then him as well, which really wasn't saying much. "Not bad but not nearly enough" commented Vegeta with a smirk as he gave off a push of his ki.

This wasn't him powering up but simply attempting to force the girl back, unless she moved after the attack then she would've at least felt the pressure of his ki. "Tell me girl, can you do anything beyond physical attack. Like this" asked Vegeta as he formed a small ball of ki above his hand and kept it there and waited to hear if the girl had something similar because he could feel a reasonable amount of ki from her.

8. The guy just took her punch like it was nothing and then suddenly Sakura felt a really strong force that pushed her back, away from him. She managed to keep her balance, but she could only stare in awe at the person in front of her. He didn't even move, he was just that strong. It was pretty obvious now that she had no way of beating him as she was now.

He then asked her if she could do anything other than physical attacks, displaying some of his own power by making what looked like a form of the Hadouken of his own, except he had perfect control over it, to a point that it looked like he was even better at him than Ryu-san. Just who was this person?!

"Yeah, I can!" She then brought her hands together, leaving some space between them so that a Hadouken could begin forming, then shot it to the sky, it travelled a fairly small distance before fizzling away. "I'm still training though, so it's not as powerful as it could be yet." She added, rubbing the back of her head in mild embarrassment.

9. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The girl was realizing the strength difference between the two, as the punch she gave did little to his person. It looked like it was washing over her that this wasn't going to be a fight she could likely win, and if Vegeta was taking this seriously as a fight he'd be enjoying that look and feeling the girl was putting off.

But being a sparring match, this was nothing more then a little fun. After his question, the girl produced her own variation of a weak ki blast. He was pretty sure Yamcha could pull off something more substantiation or that little thing that followed Tri-clops around, Mime Jr or whatever.

"Not bad for training, I'm thinking of opening a school in the near future. When it's open maybe you should come join, you'll learn to harness that much better" added Vegeta. He then did his own pose for his Galick Gun and then turned it into the air to avoid killing anything.

10. A school for this kind of thing? Now that sounded really interesting! Sakura had never really gotten an opportunity to really study under a master that powerful. Ryu-san didn’t think he was ready to teach yet and she really wanted to learn more from him, but in Pandora, the chance of them meeting up again was really small, so she would have to find another method. This sure looked like a good one!

"Really? That sounds great!" She was very excited at first, but then some questions popped up in her mind and she went back to a more neutral state. "But… are there even a lot of people that can do stuff like that? I haven’t seen many. A lot of them seem to be like… wizards or some other magical thing."

11. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The girl seemed interested and had a fair amount of potential, hell if the bald one can fight the way he does then this girl could easily pull it off. "What I do, is access the ki energy within me. It's something hat resides in all beings even those wizard types, if you can harness it right then you can do what I do, fly and become so much stronger then you are" expressed Vegeta wondering why everyone thought that what he did was some special trick. Sure he was Saiyan but that had little to do with Ki manipulation, anyone on Earth back home could do it but only certain ones seemed bothered to try.

"You look strong enough and can do a little ki manipulation, so it shouldn't be hard for you to get better and stronger" added Vegeta noting the girl had fighting skill and that blast she did was ki like but fizzled out fairly quickly. But that just meant she could do what was needed but she needed to train and get better access to her ki, whether she had the patience to do that uncertain but if Kakarot could do it then she could. "You may have potential but I won't say it'll be easy" informed Vegeta.

12. Everyone had ki inside of them, that much Sakura knew. So even the people who could do actual magic (it was really weird to think that people like that existed, but then again, Sakura had seen a lot of people who could do crazy stuff in her own world) were capable of using that power if they wished to. One had to wonder why they hadn't done so already, but maybe they just didn't know it was possible.

"I'm not looking for easy, you know! I'm up for any challenge, especially if it means I can become even stronger!" She spoke with absolute conviction.

She was feeling really outmatched here in Pandora, she had to find a way to catch up with the power level of the people around. If that meant going through arduous training, then she'd do it!... Well, as long as she could fit it into her schedule. The schedule she would have to make sometime.

13. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Good to know, it helps to have determination as well. Would you want to join my fighter's school that'll be up soon or do you want to start training before that place comes to pass" offered Vegeta as he could tell this girl could be something if she applied herself more in certain areas. Sure she wasn't strong like those from his world but that could easily be fixed, by increasing her training to match those from his world though he wasn't sure what the humans did so he might have to ask Kakarot or something.

Vegeta stretched briefly and floated above the ground a couple of feet before raising into the air much higher and looking over the desert area past the Oasis. Making sure nothing was causing trouble before floating back down again and looking back at the girl "It's not just about your physical strength either, you'll need to look into your mental strength as well" he added knowing that meditation was the quickest way to getting in touch with ones ki.

14. "Ah, well, I would have to think about that. I still need to get used to Pandora, it’s been just a few weeks since I got here." Sakura spoke with uncertainty, rubbing the back of her neck as her eyes became more unfocused as she began losing herself in her thoughts.

While the idea for a school for fighters was a really good one, and being exposed to all the strong people in Pandora made Sakura realize she could still get even stronger if she kept working hard, at the end of the day this wasn’t what she really wanted. Being strong was nice, but she needed a life outside of just fighting and she had to pursue that, even if it meant that she would have to find another boring job at an arcade again to sustain herself. She wasn’t gonna have any help in Pandora, she was all by herself now sooner or later she would have to take on all the responsibilities of adult life once again.

"Yeah, I meditate sometimes too. It’s really good for when I’m starting to get a little stressed out. It helps me regain my focus when I need to do something important that I can't just stop and leave for later."

She admittedly only did it when it was convenient for her, instead of regularly meditating, but a lot of the time she just… forgot to sit down and clear her mind a little. There was so much to life that sometimes she got too caught into things to spare some time for meditation. Maybe that was something she needed to work on later.

15. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Well there's no rush, get settled in and if you want join then you've got an invite" expressed Vegeta knowing that going further into the issue would be pointless, being new here meant that you were still getting over the shock of the whole being in another reality thing. The only thing that pissed him off about being here, was being away from his family though they may show up one day.

"Good, meditating helps with your ki control as well. Make sure to keep that up as well as physical training" added Vegeta knowing that she may not get to a Z fighters level on her own but she would at least be fit enough when or if the time came for her to become stronger.

16. "Alright! I'll make sure to tell you my decision when I get more settled down!" She grinned widely, pretty happy with the arrangement she had gotten for herself, all through a simple post on social media.

At this point, it was pretty obvious that trying to fight with Vegeta wouldn't result in anything other than her getting beaten with little to no effort on his part. This was all a bit of a wake-up call for Sakura, as it made it more clear than ever that Pandora was filled with people who were much stronger than her and that she still had a lot to learn. Still, she wasn't about to give up. She would keep training and get stronger... while also keeping time for more important things.

"So, I guess we're done here today?" She asked, stretching herself a little.

17. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Sounds good, look forward to it" replied Vegeta but not in his usual sarcastic tone either, the girl showed promise that reminded him of Gohan's wife a little. Videl or something was her name, sadly related to that dolt Hercule but she'd shown she was much more powerful then he was. Or at the very least more willing to put up a fight or the training needed to be an actual fighter, that the supposed champion hadn't bothered with.

"Sure, why not" added Vegeta with a smirk as he started to float above the ground "You right getting back or do you need a lift" commented Vegeta knowing he'd get in trouble if the girl died out here and the wasted potential itself was a problem too.

18. Well, that was it then, it was time for her to go home while having the potential for a new school where she could refine her fighting skills even more. That sounded promising enough given her short time in Pandora, so Sakura was happy that she was already making a lot of progress in her new, weird life.

Then Vegeta offered to give her a lift and, given that he was currently just floating in front of her, she was pretty sure that he didn’t mean giving her a car ride home or anything of the sort. While she appreciated the offer, that looked less than safe.

"Um… depends on how you’re doing that. I don’t doubt you can carry me but that sounds uncomfortable." She looked openly nervous about the nervous, not making any attempts to hide the fact she wasn’t sure about whether this was a good idea or not.

19. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Vegeta could tell that his question was more getting an embarrassed response, and frankly for a lady that made some sense. So he just shrugged "No worries, you can use this instead. You can drive a bike right, it'll go over sand and make large drops" commented Vegeta as he tossed out a capsule and a bike pooped up out of the smoke, it would do the job in getting the girl home. It was something his son had worked on, not that he needed it but it was safer with him then most others.

"You can either bring it back to me sometime later or give it to my son in Pandora Town, his name is Trunks Briefs" added Vegeta as he floated a little further into the sky, waiting for any responses that was needed encase she didn't know how to work the thing.