By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Kanji Tatsumi, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona
    The Bloodcurdling Beefcake Emperor

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Gender didn't matter to him, huh? Thinking about it, maybe that was true. It wasn't like Ren said, because even from the first day he met Naoto, when she just wanted to talk to him about the case, he already found herself getting really nervous around her. Nobody else had that kind of effect on him either, but in the end, it didn't matter what gender Naoto was, he just liked her a lot.

"Huh? Pan? Like... a frying pan?" He asked, looking back at Ren in confusion, before properly turning around and standing upright as he looked at the guy. "Well... I dunno what it is that I am, but... when I found out Naoto was a girl I wasn't like, relieved or anythin', I was just glad that she wasn't lyin' to herself anymore."

Naoto was Naoto, simples as that. Whether she was a boy or a girl, what he cared about was the person. So, even if it turned out that Naoto was really a guy all that time... he probably would have still liked him. It'd just be a hell of a lot more awkward to deal with.

"I just... like her a lot. She's cute, especially when she gets all embarrassed over stupid shit; she's cool, she's smart as hell and she's really nice even though she acts serious most of the time," Kanji kept going, rubbing the back of his neck as his face began getting a red tint to it. "She's just the kinda person I wanna hold and never let go, and I think it'd be the same even if she was really a dude."

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  2. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "Exactly like a frying pan," his tone flat, "It's...actually a variation of being bi, I think, with less emphasis on gender? Bisexuals feel differently about each gender, but aren't limited to who they are attracted to. But I...think pansexual people just see it as another trait like hair color," he shrugged, "I..think at least."

Ren fell quiet as Kanji went on about Naoto - shifting slightly so he was leaning on his hand - a soft smile pulling at his lips. He could...literally feel the love he held for her.

"You seem very happy with her. It...feels good, doesn't it?" his voice quiet, as he studied Kanji, "And...I'd say you're somewhere between demi and pan, maybe," a guess - no force in his voice, "Labels...don't really mean much - it's more for you than anyone else. Just...sometimes nice having a word for something that is just a feeling in the back of your head."

Kanji Tatsumi likes this.
  3. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

For the briefest of moments, Kanji thought Ren was being serious about the frying pan, but then he actually explained what he meant. He... really didn't know if that description fit him or not, it was all just a little confusing to him at this point.

"I don't know. I'm just... me, I guess. Whatever that means." He shrugged. "Whether I like dudes or not, all I know is that nobody's made me feel like that except Naoto."

And it didn't matter anymore, Kanji had no intention of breaking up with Naoto, ever. As long as kept being the person he knew her as, he would be willing to follow her anywhere. That was just the kind of man he was.

"I still can't even believe she decided to date me of all people. She's like, some genius prodigy from a really famous family and I'm just... a dumb punk who gets into fight and knows how to sew."

He had talked about this with Makoto before and he knew that Naoto wasn't shallow like that, but it was still hard to believe for him, that a girl like her would be interested I'm a dumbass like him. It made Pandora feel like some kinda dream world he was trapped in, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to wake up.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  4. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren smiled at how Kanji just seemed to be always going back to talking about how in love with Naoto he was. It was...genuinely sweet. Most people - especially men - seemed to think talking about emotions like this was...soft or femminene for whatever reason. Ren didn't agree with that sentiment in the least, and it was refreshing to see someone so...open about it.

"Just being you is fine. As I said - labels don't really mean much. Just help with peace of mind, sometimes. Makes it seem less...abstract," he shrugged, knowing it helped him in a weird way. He never really thought more about a word for it, until Futaba brought up demisexuality at one point. It just sort of...solidified a few thoughts that had been bouncing around his head for awhile. But he also knew labels didn't exactly fit everyone.

"And...I know the feeling. She's the predecessor to Goro and…" a warm smile pulled at his lips as his gaze fell, "I feel very lucky to have him."

5. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Kanji wasn't sure what kind of label suited him and he honestly didn't care. All he knew was that he probably wasn't as straight as he thought and previously hoped himself to be. It was probably a little stupid of him to only realize that now, what with his shadow and everything, but that was it.

As for Ren, he was dating the one who was Naoto's successor for the Detective Prince title. After meeting Goro once, he could see how similar he was to her in personality too. Kanji had to wonder if he and Ren had similar taste in people.

"I only really talked to him once and he was a lot like her," he recalled their past meeting as he went back to cleaning tables. "He's, uh... really cute when he gets nervous, just like her."

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  6. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Calling someone cute who wasn't a girl was a solid first step in Kanji accepting himself. Ren feeling satisfied that he had helped in some way - be it small. Maybe it would lead to him feeling more comfortable about all of that - or maybe it wouldn't change anything at all. No real way of knowing without time.

He smiled quietly - mildly lost in thought over the idea of Goro blushing, "He is pretty cute," Ren agreed, "I'm...a fan of him laughing," normally he didn't...ramble about this sort of thing, but Kanji started it.

And it was...nice.

Most people he had to censor himself a bit when he talked about Goro. Even if there was no active hostility that he was aware of at the moment, he knew - for the most part - most of the Phantom Thieves would have preferred if he was either single, or with Mishima. Probably...single. Dating Mishima had almost cost him his life. Nobody seemed to have a problem with him not dating back home - which was why people likely just...got used to him being that way. On top of that, he was dating The Enemy in many people's eyes. Someone who had wronged several people in the group - Ren included.

So...Ren avoided talking about his relationship generally. Especially...anything involving his personal feelings on the matter. There was the one time telling Goro he loved him came up, in which he talked to Ryuji of all people about it. It was...accidental, and during a time Ren was fairly stressed, thanks to Goro passing out the night before. Futaba sometimes prodded for details, since she already knew too much - but he generally didn't volunteer anything without asking. Flirting was often and loud in the group chat - but that's...really as close as he got.

So this was new.
    Weird.
    Different.
    He liked it.

"Didn't seem him laugh very hard back home," he admitted, a quiet smile on his lips as his face grew a bit warm, "It's...nice to see it here."

7. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Goro's laughter, huh? Kanji didn't get to hear that yet. If he did, it was that nervous laughter you do when you're caught doing something wrong, not a genuine one. Now that he thought about it, he didn't remember Naoto laughing all that much either. She was often very serious and sometimes took jokes the wrong way, but occasionally something would happen that would make her giggle. It was very subtle, but whenever Kanji saw it, he found it really cute.

"Yeah, same with Naoto. I don't think I've ever seen a real laughter coming out of her. If anythin' ever makes start laughin' mad, it's probably gonna be an once in a lifetime kinda thing," Kanji chuckled as he finished up another table.

With everything that had happened with that cult, Naoto didn't have a lot of reason to laugh. It really messed with her head so it wasn't like he expected anything else. Things were slowly getting better though, or at least, Kanji thought so. There were some bad things, like Adachi, that were making Naoto get all anxious again, but Kanji was doing what he could to keep her in check.

"Nice that he's laughing more here though. He acts like the kinda guy who really needs to loosen up more," he commented as he moved on to another table.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  8. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    It didn't surprise him much to hear Naoto wasn't exactly...someone who laughed often. She reminded him a bit of himself; quiet, reserved, generally kept things under a few layers. A smirk was more likely than a laugh. He still did, though. Just was...a lot rarer than the average person. He laughed, when a laugh was deserved, and never really forced it.

"I'm sure it'll be incredible when you do," a gentle implication that he had a lifetime with Naoto to hear it - Ren turning his attention to the tray that held muffins. Pulling it out he removed the handful that were left and put them in a box to bring home, before grabbing a towel to wipe out the crumbs from inside the display itself. It was...a bit overkill to clean this every day, but he hated the idea of crumbs just...sitting there.

A gentle smile pulled at Ren's lips at Kanji's words, "He's getting there. Neither of us had exactly...relaxed or normal lives before Pandora," he shrugged, "Goro's naturally...guarded, I think. He used to be on TV a lot back home, so he's used to putting on a TV smile for people. If he wants to charm you, he will. And if he doesn't he doesn't," he slid the tray back into place, "But...yeah. I do think he's starting to relax a bit into life here," a warm, and rather fond smile on his lips as his face turned a little red.

Ren cleared his throat moved on to straightening the display.

9. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Kanji knew about some of the things the Phantom Thieves had gone through, so it didn't surprise him much when Ren said he didn't get many opportunities to relax before. Goro too, since he was a Detective Prince and all. Kanji couldn't remember Naoto showing up on TV other than one time she tried to turn herself into bait for the kidnapper, but it sounded like Goro had a lot more TV presence, for some reason.

"So he's used to pretending huh..." Kanji trailed off as he thought more about it. It wasn't like he could judge anyone for trying to be someone they weren't but it did make him wonder just how much about Goro was just him putting an act. "Maybe with time he'll stop acting and just be who he is."

Finishing up another table, Kanji turned to face Ren, noticing that the dude's face had gotten a little red. He smiled, not in a teasing way, but just happy for the guy. He really didn't have any room to talk with how often he got all red in the face himself, for varying reasons.

"All of us in the Investigation Team had to face things about ourselves that we didn't like, so I think I can understand how he feels a little."

Ren Amamiya likes this.