HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Boxed Up Mist

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Danny Fenton, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    October 6th. 10pm. Near the Church
    Danny tapped his fingers impatiently on the desk. Every couple of seconds, his icy blue gaze traveled back to the clock on the wall. Sometimes, it felt as if the darned thing was ticking backwards. Danny shuffled in his seat, unable to sit still. His knee bounced faster than a jack rabbit and he was wound tighter than coiled spring.

“C’mon. C’mon.” He whispered under his breath. He felt like he was in an old peanuts cartoon. Mr. Lancer’s voice sounded far away. Nothing he said made sense. The lesson just went in one ear and out the other.

“Fenton!” Mr. Lancer barked. Danny jerked upright. His head snapped forward to find Mr. Lancer just a few paces away. The bald teacher held a textbook in one hand and stared indignantly down at the boy. Danny gave his teacher a guilty smile which only deepened Mr. Lancer’s frown. “Care to inform the class what it is about the clock you find more interesting than the masterworks of Shakespeare?”

“Besides everything?” The class broke out in laughter, but if looks could kill. Danny shrank under Mr. Lancer’s scowl.

“While I know your math skills aren’t the best, I hope that you can at least tell time. You are a part of this class for the next three minutes. Pay attention or you will fail the test. ”

“Yes, sir.” Danny mumbled. The teacher turned his back and Danny felt something hard hit the back of his head. “Ow!” He rubbed the sore spot and glared behind him. Dash smiled wickedly. He tossed an eraser up and down as he readied it for the next throw. Danny glared but resigned himself to the next three minutes of headache while Mr. Lancer droned on. His eyes glanced back up at the clock. 2 minutes and 37 seconds. The bell finally rang and Danny was out before anyone could stop him. He dashed to his locker and quickly shoved his homework into his bag. Sam and Tucker came up behind him. Danny beamed as he threw his bag over his shoulder.

"You ready for Trinity of Doom?" Sam asked the boys.

"You bet I am." Tucker replied. "It's finally out on dvd and we'll get to watch it in your private theater in your basement! How cool is that?"

"Yeah. I just gotta drop my stuff off at home. I'll meet you guys at Sam's." The trio waved and went their seperate ways. Danny dashed into the janitors closet. He concentrated and a bright white circle appeared around his abdomen. It split in two and traveled across his body. His raven hair went white. His icy blue eyes changed to an unearthly green. His normal street clothes shifted into the black and white hazmat suit. Grinning, Danny went intangible launched through the ceiling. Once clear of the school, he sped towards his home.

Suddenly, a dark portal appeared before him. Danny yelled, trying to brake fast enough. Yet, despite his best efforts he flew screaming into the darkness. The sensation was unlike any other he had ever experienced. Danny couldn't even begin to describe it. When he finally emerged, he was plummeting towards the ground. He spotted a purple dome not to far away, covering part of a city that was shrouded in mist. He fell, inches away from the ivied walls an old church that set off every alarm bell he had, including his ghost sense. Suddenly, the ground was inches from his face. Danny shrieked and went intangible. He phased through the earth and past several catacombs. Danny finally recovered and sped back towards the surface. He emerged above ground, panting and confused. Danny leaned against the wall, his softly glowing body acting like a beacon in the darkness. His ghost sense went off again.

"Not now." Danny pleaded. He straightened and glanced around, trying to get his bearing. Danny didn't see a ghost, but it had to be somewhere nearby.

2. Byakuren Hijiri

Byakuren Hijiri Touhou Project
    The Sealed Great Magician

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Byakuren was stepping out of the church, looking somewhat disappointed and letting out a sigh. She had a potentially big problem in her hands and she was not completely sure about how to deal with it. It would have been easier if she went to look for help, but getting more people involved could end up badly so she decided to take this matter into her own hands, but she needed to think of a strategy fast.

Something that did take her mind off the issue, however, was that she saw a soft glow in the darkness outside and, upon getting closer she saw that it was a young boy who was looking quite tired. Had he just arrived, or had he decided to explore the town by himself? She had to hope it was the former.

"Are you having any problems, young man?" She asked him, trying to be gentle in spite of her own frustrations.

3. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Where is it? Danny stepped away from the wall, his head swiveling as he tried to find the ghost. Was this Skulker's doing? No, too complicated. A portal to some random, creepy church in a spooky town? That had Vlad's stink all over it. Danny opened up his mouth to shout something and nearly swallowed it when a woman's voice called out to him.

Danny jumped back into an automatic fighting stance. He relaxed slightly once he got a good look at her. Well, as good as he could in the dark. The point was, she didn't look like a ghost. Granted, her hair and outfit was a little weird, but he'd seen weirder. Embarrassed, Danny blushed and relaxed his stance a little. He cleared his throat to reply.

"I'd say something about Kansas, but I really don't have time." Danny replied in his unnaturally echoed voice. He stepped forward, one arm gesturing away from the church. "Look, it's not safe. I hate to be rude, but you really gotta go." he added firmly.

Byakuren Hijiri likes this.
  4. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The boy was understandably on edge and seemed ready to fight when Byakuren made her approach, although he soon realized that she wasn't going to harm him and relaxed a little, even looking a little embarrassed. Somewhat amusingly, he was telling her to leave as it was dangerous to be outside, he wasn't wrong, but she couldn't feel like she was the one supposed to be saying that.

"Indeed, there are many dangers lurking in this town, but don't worry about me, I know how to handle myself." She spoke with utmost calm and a serene smile in her face. "My name is Byakuren Hijiri, you could say I am one of these town's guardians. You?"

Although this really wasn't the time for small talk, Byakuren couldn't just leave a lost soul such as him wandering around without any idea of what was going on. After all, her current problem was rooted in that very type of situation and she would rather not have two troublemakers causing any problems around town, especially since she was only one person.

5. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Oh, man. Lady. If you're a cop, you are way out of your league." Danny rubbed his hair and tried to find a way to say it. Another puff of mist escaped from his lips. His ghost sense would keep going off until he found the stupid thing. Danny sighed in resignation.

"It's a ghost. I'm Danny Phantom. Ghost are kind of my specialty. So please leave before you get huuurrrt!" Danny cried as he was suddenly yanked back by an invisible force. Danny hit the ground hard, skidding to a halt several yards away. Laughter filled the air. The hairs on the back of his neck rose as he climbed to his feet. Danny lowered into a fighting stance as his gaze flicked rapidly. There was another round of that creepy laughter, but he still couldn't see the ghost.

Danny pulled off his backpack and opened the main pouch. He reached inside, but all he found were his school supplies. He'd left his Fenton Thermos in his locker! Danny hit himself in the forehead. How could he be so stupid?! Danny dropped his backpack on the ground and stepped away from it.

"What? Playing hide and seek, or are you just too afraid to show up." He taunted. He heard an angry growl, but nothing else happened. It had to be planning something. If only he could see the stupid ghost!

6. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    He still didn't seem to quite understand what was going on, maybe he was a little slow to catch on to things. It was a little amusing to be quite frank and she had to wonder how much longer it would take for him to realize where he was.

From the sounds of it this boy, Danny, was someone experienced with dealing with ghosts. He would be quite a good fit for Misty Hollow if that was the case, plus he could be of use for her at the moment. A chance for her to see what he could do came up when he suddenly was yanked by something invisible and thrown out at quite a distance.

Byakuren was quick to catch up and, hearing a growl coming out from a distance, she focused on trying to find where this spirit was. It didn't seem to be the one she was looking for, but it was causing trouble all the same. A vajra materialized in her hand and, it being infused with light, she tossed it at the direction of the sound with quite the strength, hoping that it would come in contact with the mischievous ghost or that the light would show it's location.

7. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The bright light flashed, forcing Danny to shield his eyes. Thankfully, he wasn't the only one who disliked... whatever that was. The ghost screamed. Danny couldn't tell if it was in pain or anger, but when he opened his eyes the ghost was plainly visible. What he saw was something he'd never seen before.

The ghost's body was transparent. Its, not his, colors were washed out, like someone had put an old time camera filter over him. His clothes were in tatters. His grey skin was covered in wounds and dirt. Half of the hair on his scalp was missing. Actually, so was his scalp. Honestly, he looked more like a see through corpse than any ghost Danny knew. On top of all that, he was on the ground. Not floating. Not whizzing around. Just... standing on the ground looking seriously pissed off.

"Wow, talk about a bad hair day." Danny managed, still in a state of shock. The ghost disappeared and then reappeared in front of him. Danny cried out and jumped into the air. The ghost's hand clawed at his hip, ripping his hazmat suit and drawing green, ectoplasm from Danny's skin. The ghost boy hissed in pain. He fired one of his ghost rays at the dead guy. The ghost wailed in pain. Danny fired a few more times before it finally ran back into the church.

Danny landed back on the ground, panting. He looked at his hip and gently pressed at the three oozing scratch. "Hasn't that guy ever heard of nail clippers?" he fasceiously asked.

8. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Her technique worked and the mischievous spirit revealed itself, having been angered by the holy light of the vajra. Unfortunately it decided to take his anger on the boy who ended up being struck with their claws, but the retaliation was enough to make the spirit ran away back into the church.

"There are many things lurking around here, I actually was looking for a particularly troublesome one when I saw you." Byakuren stepped closer to Danny, looking at his wound and look at the wound that was bleeding... something that wasn't blood. "Oh, I see, you're not human either..."

She stopped to think for a moment, this boy must have been a spirit as well, just like the one she was looking for, although he was certainly friendlier than she was. Perhaps he really could be the hope she needed in order to deal with her current issue.

"That spirit left quite a mark in you, are you well?" She asked out of genuine concern.

9. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Looking for things? Are you ghost hunter?" Danny took a wary step back. Both hands went to his side to guard his injury. He eyed her suspiciously, wondering if he should just going before the guns and rocket launchers came out.

Her comment about him not being human made him roll his eyes. "Gee, what gave it away? Surprise, surprise, I'm a ghost too." Danny replied sarcastically. He huffed and glanced back at his wound. It stung like there was no tomorrow. Thankfully, it'd probably be gone in the morning. Danny looked at the little bit of ectoplasm that clung to his glove. "Ah, ew."

Danny glanced back at Byakuren. He cocked his head to the side. "Yeah... it's fine." Danny's voice softened a little. The biting sarcasm was gone. "It's no big. What about you? You okay? That ghost was kind of therapy inducing so..." Danny shook his head. "I've never seen one like that before."

10. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I suppose you could say I'm one, but don't worry, I won't harm you, I just try to get the spirits here to behave and stop causing trouble." Byakuren explained as her attention was still focused on his wound, sadly she didn't have any healing spell to deal with it and part of her wondered if it would even work on a ghost.

Danny's sarcastic reply only made her giggle, but when he asked if she was all right, she simply nodded. "I have seen all kinds of strange beings in my life, this one wasn't really all that shocking to me. But since you are here, Danny, would you mind helping me deal with a dangerous ghost who is loose in this town?"

#10 Byakuren Hijiri, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Danny Fenton likes this.
  11. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Thanks. I appreciate that." Danny said with a nod. When was the last time he'd met a ghost hunter who didn't automatically attack him? Probably never. Granted, there were times that he'd teamed up with ghost hunters, but that was the exception. Normally, they just went back to hunting him the next day.

The words 'dangerous ghost' grabbed his attention. Danny straightened and nodded. A look of serious determination burned in his eyes. "Just tell me what I need to do."

12. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    So he was interested in helping after all, that was no surprise. He didn't seem to know the ghost they had just dealt with, which wasn't much of a surprise considering he was a new arrival to Pandora, so she thought that being as clear as possible about the subject would be ideal.

"There is a yuki-onna somewhere in this town. She is the ghost of a woman who died in the snow and from what I was capable of seeing she has ice powers of her own. Sadly she seems to be very confused and stressed out due to being taken to this town just like you were; and she seems very distrustful of humans. I tried to assist her but she lashed out against me and ran off." He explained to him, but considering the rather violent approach that was taken with the last ghost, she decided to make her intentions clear. "I want to calm her down for her own sake. Her powers seem to be a little unstable which makes it easier to detect her presence through the area around her being colder than normal, but at the same it means she could be dangerous to approach."

Danny Fenton likes this.
  13. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Danny listened to her explanation carefully. He nodded when it was appropriate, but stayed silent otherwise. Actually, he felt really bad for this ghost. Her situation was a lot like his. They were both dropped into a strange world and had no idea what was going on. A part of him really wanted to help this ghost. Thankfully, that's also what Byakuren wanted as well.

A smile crossed Danny's face. He held out one hand, palm skyward. Danny's eyes flash blue and he concentrated on his hand. An ice crystal formed in his palm, floating just inches above his glove. The crystal itself was a tall bicone. The insides glistened and reflected Danny's natural light.

"I think I can handle a little cold." Danny replied cheekily. "Let me talk to her alone fist. She might be more willing to open up if it's just me."

14. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Byakuren simply watched as Danny proceeded to use what she could only think of as ice magic. She was starting to get very curious about what the youth could do, but now was not the time for further questions. She simply smiled as she saw his display, looking slightly impressed.

"If you're going to try helping her that way, you should make it clear that you are a ghost yourself before approaching. Your appearance might still pass off as human enough for her to distrust you, but I do think you have a solid idea." She replied to his suggestion, nodding a little.

She then began leading the way ahead, just calmly walking down the street and letting Danny follow after her.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  15. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Danny nodded. How any ghost could mistake him in that form for a human was beyond him. Heck, most ghosts knew who he was before he'd even met them. Then again, he didn't exactly recognize the other ghost at first either. Talk about strange. Also, Danny was pretty sure he'd have nightmares about that ghost lady for the next month.

"I'll keep that in mind." he replied and followed after Byakuren. Danny decided to walk instead of float. Ghost hunter or not, floating might've freaked her out.

"This might be a stupid question but, where am I?" Danny asked. More importantly, how do I get home.

16. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The all-important question was finally asked. It was something she often had to explain to any new arrivals that she stumbled upon in this town, be them one of the local spirits and youkai or just a lost human.

"This is the town of Misty Hollow in the land of Pandora. Everyone currently in this world has been pulled in through the same method as you were. Why, we don't know, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way out, though it seems some people are suddenly sent back without any warning."

Although she was paying attention to the conversation being held, her eyes were focused on the streets, but the darkness and mist were making it hard to really see much ahead of her. She began chanting a spell quietly enough that it sounded more like a whisper, but for Danny it would seem like she was reciting a prayer of some kind. Once she was finished, her sense of vision was enhanced and she was now capable of not only seeing things from further away, but the darkness was not an issue anymore.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  17. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Danny stopped in his tracks. The realization that he'd somehow ended up in a completely different world hit him like a ton of bricks. It was that portal. The one he'd flown through. Danny knew something was off, but this? This was a thousand times worse. Some part of him wondered if he'd ended up in the Ghost Zone. That same part really wanted it to be true. Accidentally winding up in the Ghost Zone was preferable. At least there he knew how to get back out.

How was he going to get out? What about his friends? Tucker and Sam were expecting him at the theater. Jazz would freak and assume he was dead. What about Mom and Dad? Would his friends and sister out his secret if it came to that? They'd search for him everywhere. Including the Zone. They wouldn't find him. Not anytime soon if Byakuren was right. Plus all the school he'd miss. Oh man, M. Lancer would kill him. He had a test! Forget studying or homework, would he even make it back in time to take the thing?

Danny shook his head, trying to get a hold of his turbulent thoughts. He could panic later. Someone needed his help. Danny trotted to catch up to Byakuren. Thankfully, for as horrible it had felt, he'd only stopped for a couple of seconds.

"Who's bringing people here? Someone has to be behind this." he asked.

Byakuren started to mutter and Danny looked at her curiously. "You okay?"

18. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Byakuren took notice of Danny coming to a stop, but he figured he just needed a moment to process what she had said so he resumed walking. Strangely enough he didn't seem to have a lot in the way of questions except for one, well, that and wondering what she was doing.

"It was just a chant. I myself am not fully human, I'm a magician, or a witch, if you'd rather call me that."
    She explained first of all, still focused on the path ahead of her and scouting for any hints of the yuki-onna. "As for who brought us here, nobody seems to know. It doesn't seem like they're here with us, it would make sense, someone capable of taking people from many different worlds could only be a god."

Shortly after it seemed that the mist around the town had gotten denser and, more importantly, colder. Byakuren couldn't quite see through the mist, there was just too much in the way, but it did seem like they were on the right track.

"She must be up ahead somewhere. You go ahead and try talking to her, I'll stay back and intervene if necessary, but you might be able to calm her down yourself." She looked back at Danny, giving him a warm, reassuring smile.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  19. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Byakuren really seemed determined to continuously throw Danny for a loop. First she tells him he's in an alternate dimension with no way home and no clear reason as to how or why he was sent there in the first place. Next she says she's not entirely human because she's a witch. Danny tried to wrap his head around the connect and completely failed. It was easier to understand the whole alternate dimension thing.

"Wait, I thought witches were human?" Danny asked. Finally he just gave up. "My head hurts... Can we completely shatter my world view after we take care of the ghost?"

The town thickened and even Danny had to squint. His senses in his ghost form were better than his human form, but it wasn't enough to see through this. Danny raised his hand and illuminated it with ectoplasmic energy. The eerie green glow shot through the mist, making things both better and worse. On the one hand, he could see again. On the other it was mostly just the pea soup fog. Danny sighed.

A gasp of visible air escaped Danny's lips. He glanced ahead an nodded as Byakuren suggested he go on ahead. "Alright. Shout if you hear anything."

Danny floated ahead, still using his impromptu torch to light his way. "Hello? Snowy Ghost Lady?" he called out. "My name's Danny. Danny Phantom. I don't mean you any harm. Um... I heard you might need some help?"

20. Byakuren Hijiri

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Byakuren giggled as Danny was having trouble understanding what she meant by not being human anymore. He was right in that they had something more important to focus on right now and so she simply nodded at his comment.

When he left to go search for the yuki-onna, she stayed behind as she said, trying to use her improved sight to get a good look on what was happening from a distance, but not having much success on that front.

Ahead, Danny would come across a woman that looked fairly young, at most in her early twenties. Her skin was as white as snow, but her hair black like ink, she wore a plain kimono that was of a shade of blue so light that it seemed almost white. It was hard to see much of her other than her face, due to her sleeves seemingly covering her arms entirely and the bottom of the kimono covering her legs.

When she heard Danny's voice she looked at him, looking ready to attack on a moment's notice. The look in her eyes were very intense, in a way that almost contrasted with the cold air around her.

"You heard of me? From who?" She asked him, narrowing her eyes at him. Despite what Byakuren had said, she didn't seem to be afraid at all, but she was, however, quite on edge.

Danny Fenton likes this.