By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

break me down

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Isabelle Lightwood, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Isabelle Lightwood

Isabelle Lightwood The Mortal Instruments
    I'm pure at heart. It repels the dirt.

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    May 30th || @Raphael Santiago

[​IMG]

Izzy had closed her eyes for only a few seconds before reopening them when she hit something soft. Confusion settled over her features as she patted the fabric beneath her body, wondering what the hell was going on. Nothing made sense, not when she should be with her mom and helping the meeting between shadow hunters and downworlders.

Had something happened? Did she breathe in something to knock her out? So many possibilities, especially considering her position and the fact it appeared to be daylight outside rather than night. If something happened, then what happened to everyone else? Were they okay?

Worry gnawed in the pit of her stomach as she slipped off the table, landing with a little less grace than she meant to. At least her weapons were still on her person, the feel of her snake bracelet around her arm was a comfort. More-so when she heard voices from behind the door, faint and indistinguishable.

She needed to be careful. Assess her situation a little more in depth and make a plan. Sounded good right? It would have been if the sound of the door opening hadn't happened right then.

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  2. Raphael Santiago

Raphael Santiago The Mortal Instruments
    the strongest card in the deck is the ace

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    It was hard to focus on his work today. Today, or yesterday, for that matter. Simon was missing and the only clue Raphael had so far, was that he'd been kidnapped. By some demon. To God knew where. And beside the obvious stress of trying to find him, Raphael also feared the demon had lied. Maybe Simon wasn't even alive anymore. Maybe the demon had--

The vampire sighed, bent over the sewing machine and trying to fix the line he had just done. "Don't you wanna take a break, mon ami?" Suddenly a voice interrupted his thought process, causing him to almost flinch before meeting his boss' gaze. The petite French woman named Fabiénne smiled softly at him, but her eyes told him unmistakably that her question hadn't actually been a question, but more a well-meant order. "You're in here for three hours already and you know how seriously I take breaks," she added warmly but firmly, as if her statement before hadn't been clear enough.

Raphael nodded hesitantly, but got up only a moment later, shutting the machine off and following the Shifter into the main room.

Some other person would've smoked a cigarette now, to escape for at least a minute and steady their hands, but Raphael had never been the cigarette type. After rehab, he'd found bloodcicles - blood lollipops, basically - a far better alternative, even though he couldn't technically get sick from smoking anymore. He just liked the taste of the sugary sweet blood far more than smoke and tar. One of them between his lips, he stepped into the sun, flinching away for a second, like usually - habits died hard and 60 years of having to avoid the sun didn't just simply mean less all of a sudden - until his eyes had adjusted themselves and changed colour into a ghostly white. Raphael checked his phone for any messages, mainly from Magnus, Tanaquil or Selene, but there wasn't anything new to be talked about, the attempt at escape rendered entirely ineffective.

He lasted five minutes outside, before he walked back in, the lollipop still between his lips. And suddenly, he heard a noise in the sewing room. Only a moment later accompanied by the distant scent of angel blood that made his stomach turn over. Not because that was such a bad smell, but because it wasn't just any angel blood. Before he could stop himself, Raphael was at the door, some voice driving him to check if his senses were tricking him or not.

Where Simon was momentarily missing, after just having found back to Pandora, it seemed as if the gods were displaying their weird kind of humour again; just a feet away from the table, about to draw her weapon as it seemed, stood Isabelle, having some pieces of fabric still sticking to her clothes, and stared at him.

Raphael still remembered the last time he'd seen her. At the Thanksgiving dinner, all happy and eyeing Dorian closely as if to make sure he would potentially treat Raphael right. Dorian. The vampire pushed that memory away; this wasn't the right moment to remember him and mourn his vanishing.
    But Isabelle was back in Pandora, and, there was very little Raphael could've done to conceal the joy that was running through his veins at that.

At least, for a moment. A moment that was long enough to smile in surprise and slowly walk closer, only to then having his smile falter slightly. From which point in time was she? Pre-first-bite? Past-first-bite, but pre-soul-sword? Or maybe past-soul-sword? Maybe she was from a point in time in his future? Who knew? Certainly not Raphael.

"Isabelle," Raphael breathed out, slowly raising his hands. "Don't panic, you're not in danger."

Isabelle Lightwood likes this.
  3. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

With the whip coiled around her wrist, the tip scraping along the ground, Izzy's stance grew more defensive. So much for keeping calm, right? A number of things could go wrong and Izzy would not let her guard down too much. Not when her family needed her, her brothers needed her. Even her mother needed her.

Such a strange feeling that, for someone who always thought their mother held more distaste for their daughter than anyone else. But her mom loved her and Izzy was almost giddy with the thought.

When the door finally revealed who was on the other side and the familiar voice she knew all too well, Izzy visibly relaxed. With a quick flick of her wrist, the whip curled up and around her arm, becoming the silver snake bracelet once more. Though this was clearly not part of the Institute, having a familiar face helped calm the swirling tides in her head.

"Raphael, what happened? Was the meeting attacked or?" Izzy peered at him - she was glad to see him, that much was certain but something seemed a little bit off. Those eyes. A trick of the light perhaps? "If you are Raphael then you will be able to answer this. What was the game we played when we visited Rosa?"

Izzy appeared cool, calm and collected while on the inside her muscles were taut as a wire, ready to snap into action. The calm feeling she had upon seeing his face was fraught with wariness - and after all that had happened, could one really blame her?

No, didn't think so.

4. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Was the meeting attacked?
    It was a seemingly so simple question, but Raphael had no idea which one she was talking about. It made him slightly anxious about how he could possibly make her believe it was really him and not some demon out to get her. Especially when she suddenly tensed again, as if she had had the same thought. But the question that followed, at least, was one he could answer without problem.

A soft, melancholic smile curled around his lips at the mention of his sister who he hadn't seen for over a year now. Who he hoped was okay.
    "Bingo," he said, but didn't approach further, waiting for her to accept that as a valid answer, before he'd think about invading her personal space.

Would she freak out when he explained what this place was? Would she run away, thinking he was lying? Not that the Isabelle he knew was anything but brave, but he could not have possibly blamed her for reacting like that in this special situation. Pandora was a lot to take in, after all. And the fact that she had been here before, probably wasn't helping.

5. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

To those that knew Izzy would most likely not believe she had gone to bingo. Not the type. So it would be rare for someone to actually know unless they were Raphael himself, or any of the workers. Unfortunately Rosa wouldn't remember her exactly but she did what she could for her and for Raphael.

When Raphael answered it was clear Izzy relaxed. From her posture that became less defensive and more open and friendly and her eyes no longer were tinted with wariness. Even a smile made its way upon her features, settling there as she strode forwards to embrace Raphael in a hug.

"For a moment I worried something happened. Not everyone is supportive of the meeting between shadowhunters and downworlders." Some being shadowhunters themselves which only made her seethe at how close-minded they were. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't come close without your permission."

As far as she knew they were both in recovery from an addiction she had caused him. That knowledge always made her stomach coil in regret and guilt.

"Are you okay?" Izzy asked, concern lacing her tone of voice as she tried to scan his features for anything that would cause her to worry.

When Izzy cared, she cared deeply.

6. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    To be entirely honest, he hadn't exactly expected her to hug him, out of a milliard of reasons too. Okay. No. But at least a few.
    For one, because they had both been addicted when he'd left New York and had gotten pulled here. Secondly, she had ended their...he didn't wanna call it 'relationship', but the thing they've had, before he'd been dragged away. And thirdly, because, no matter how close that addiction had brought them, they hadn't really been at the hugging-as-greeting stage, had they? Not that Raphael minded, actually, but he hadn't expected her to not mind it. Maybe in Pandora, the last time she'd been here, because they had had time to actually become friends - but not at the point of time Raphael had been taken from. Which, only made it more apparent, that this Isabelle had to be from the future, right?

By now, his white irises had turned entirely brown again, and he shook his head at her apology, instead hugging her softly. It was hard to not pull her in as tightly as he would've wanted to, seeing how much he'd missed her, but he figured that might've seemed weird to this Isabelle - even though she was apparently okay with hugging in general.

The angel blood scent stung a bit inside his upper jaw, he had to admit that, and it made him slightly more hungry than he would've liked to be, but he was well trained by now to work around the cravings, and, instead of unsheathing his fangs, he pushed the bloodcicle around with his tongue and focused on its taste, rather than on the memory of her blood on his lips.

Her words about a meeting between shadowhunters and downworlders still rang in his ears, when he retreated from her. Had Aldertree really been able to assemble a meeting between them? After everything that happened with Valentine? Something that people before him had tried for basically centuries by now? Or had he made some sort of face-heel-turn after the vampire had been pulled here? Raphael could barely believe that, and he made a mental note to ask Isabelle about it, once he'd told her about..well..everything that was new for her now.

"I'm okay now," he replied warmly, unable to take his eyes off of her face after having missed her for half a year. "But..." He cleared his throat, the smile slipping. "I..have to explain something to you. And I don't think it's gonna sound very believable." Which, really, was an understatement. "Sit down, please. I think that's a better idea than..standing," he added, gesturing to the chair he'd previously been sitting on, the sewing machine still where he'd left it. Raphael himself leaned against the table instead.

7. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Izzy knew she needed to be careful. Not because she thought Raphael would bite her again(after all, he'd been the one to push her away) but because she knew that the scent of her angel blood would be a painful reminder. At least for Izzy herself, she didn't have the senses that a vampire had. Small blessings.

Once she untangled herself from him and stepped back, not before giving him a slight squeeze of affection, Izzy couldn't help the frown that appeared. "Does this have anything to do with why your eyes were white?" Izzy asked slowly, noting that the white had faded, replaced by the usual brown tone she was familiar with.

"At this point anything is believable." Izzy teased warmly, yet she did as Raphael had asked simply because she knew that he didn't do this without good reason. She'd learned he wasn't a typical vampire - he cared and that was more than what she could say for most. Not just vampires but even shadowhunters and she was truly honored to be able to call him friend.

Especially seeing as how she had ruined both their lives and almost ended their friendship. Izzy had mostly expected to not be forgiven.

Moving towards the offered seat, Izzy sat down and kept her gaze on him. Waiting for him to explain.

8. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    A small, if apologetic chuckle escaped him, when he nodded. "Yes, that's...part of it." Of course she'd notice. She was a shadowhunter, trained to notice the smallest details when it came to demons for example, especially those who took the form of a loved one just to mess with their prey. He'd just hoped it wouldn't be that apparent so quickly.

"Oh, you'd be surprised, really," Raphael stated, with not as much humour as the statement probably would've needed to sound like a joke that wanted to agree with her.

And then, he told her. Attempted to explain the vastness that was Pandora, the complexity of this place and how nobody could voluntarily leave unless they'd die for it. That he'd been here for a year already, even though she never had seen him vanish from their old world, and how others were here too - her brothers, Magnus, Simon, Luke and Jocelyn. (There were even more others, but he didn't know of their arrival yet.)
    He told her about the city they were in right now and how he was living in a very mundane apartment with another vampire - his fledgling. That he'd never had wanted to sire anyone, but that it was a good, comfortable thing between them now, despite how it had been born from an emergency and a decision he'd never wanted to be forced to make.
    He got a bit quieter then, capturing the events of last winter. Told her about John and this toxic friendship they'd fallen into. Because he trusted her. Because he knew she'd understand at least in some way, what it was like to crave these substances and how irrational it was to go back, over and over again. That he had done rehab and was still going to therapy sessions every week to keep up the healing process - and how his consumption of bloodcicles had increased tenfold afterwards.
    He told her about Jace's attack and showed her the silver-induced scars on his stomach, before he came to the point that he kinda had pushed to the end of his explanation.

"He came after me, because he thought I had killed you," Raphael said, his voice pained and his expression serious and cold, when he was made to remember that specific instance. He took a deeper breath, and finally met her gaze again. "Because you - or, a version of you - was here before. And you vanished half a year ago. Somewhen after Thanksgiving." A pause, before he continued. "Alec doubted me when I said I didn't have anything to do with it. That the signs of addiction I was showing weren't because of you. - But Jace took that all a step further and hunted me down."

The vampire shook his head and sighed. "If it hadn't been for Selene, a good friend of mine, I'd be dead now. But she saved me with her blood, it's- a bit complicated. Technically she's my sire now, and because of that, my eyes change colour." Now, finally, a bit of a smile returned to his lips. "And I can walk in the sun again."

Saying it now, his voice was actually filled with a certain kind of warm joy, no matter how long it had taken him to get used to it.

9. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

At first Izzy let out a laugh at the start, the absurdity of it all until she realized he was actually being serious and then all amusement was gone from her features. She listened silently as he explained, shocked to learn he'd been here for a year(hard to believe when she'd seen him at the meeting), and even more shocked to learn that she had been here too.

Another world huh? Not an alternate reality. An entire different world.

It was a lot to take in to be quite honest and she had to breathe slow and deep. Had it been anyone else that told her she wouldn't believe them. Even now it was hard to do so but-

"It's a lot to take in."

Raphael's toxic relationship had been her fault. If she hadn't gotten him addicted in the first place. That had opened up a floodgate that she should never have opened.

"I'm sorry Raphael. For everything." She began, guilt gnawing in the pit of her stomach. Slowly she reached over, fingers hovering above the silver inflicted scars. "Alec and Jace, they do not see what I see when I look at you." They were more prejudice towards the vampire and she understood their need to protect her. Izzy did not believe for a second that Raphael had killed her. A flare of anger at her brothers was soon doused to focus on something else.

He had sired someone to save their life. Against the Accords but then, Izzy didn't care too much about the Accords. She knew Raphael.

"I'm glad you have someone watching your back. I should meet this Selene and thank her." Izzy smiled playfully and had to do a double take. "A daylighter now?" Izzy's eyes grew wide, the grin even wider. "Raphael that is amazing! I'm so happy for you!" She stood up and went to give him another hug.

"I went to AA meetings which helped despite them believing I had been addicted to heroin." It was some irony that Raphael had been addicted to that and her support group believed her to be on it. "Sugar helps with the cravings. I'd imagine there is sugar in bloodsicles?" Izzy asked.

10. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    They do not see what I see when I look at you.
    That sentence alone managed to make Raphael pause in his explanation. Whatever she had actually meant, it sounded so meaningful, all of a sudden. From whichever point in time she was from, the vampire could only guess that they had to be very close friends there, and that was certainly a good sign. As was the fact how she reached out and squeezed his hand without any hesitation. Raphael gently took her hand into his and kept it there, just enjoying the warmth radiating off her skin. The emotional support it brought. There was a smile on his lips. Thankful and just content with that connection for a while. Hoping his warm silence would be enough of an I forgive you. She couldn't control what her family did because of her; they had both witnessed that back home with Alec already. He was holding no ill will towards her.

"Oh, I'm sure, Selene would want to meet you too," Raphael said, chuckling softly. "She has become somewhat of a mother to me, and that despite me not even needing one. I bet she'd make sure to meet one of my best friends." He met her gaze at that, again gratitude visible there - there had been no point where he had actually blamed her for getting them both addicted, much like he wasn't blaming John for his own addiction, and he hoped Isabelle would accept that for herself too, soon.

A soft squeeze of their hands, before Isabelle went in for a hug; how could Raphael have possibly denied her that. As much as he himself needed it too?
    "I missed you, Isabelle." It was but a whisper, but he made sure she heard it, before they slowly ended the embrace.

Raphael smiled at her, not brightly, because that wasn't him, but the smile he had was specific to Isabelle. He hadn't ever smiled at someone else in this exact way. "I'm really glad you're here now." Hands holding on to hers, Raphael was still leaning against the table, looking at her as if he wanted to keep everything he saw forever in his memory; as if she was to vanish soon and he wanted to never forget her face.

But it was more than that. Isabelle, for him, had always been more than a pretty face. No matter how much they had disliked each other first, and how toxic their connection had been for a while; Raphael had always seen a warrior in her, and a vulnerable person all the same. She stood up for what she believed in and risked everything, even her runes - or her life - for the ones she loved.
    The fact that he was asexual might've been a factor in it, but Raphael had never understood how others could only see Isabelle for her beauty and her body. How they could so simply dismiss her intelligence and her fighting skills, her emotions.

Suddenly the door got pushed open, Fabiénne entering - and coming to a halt when she saw the young woman standing so close to her employee. Raphael's hands dropped immediately. "Sorry, she--" he started, but the petite Frenchwoman interrupted him with a gesture of her hand.

"I have to apologize," she said, stepping closer and regarding Isabelle with an honest smile. "I didn't want to interrupt his first interaction with another person outside of the store's staff that I come to witness." Fabiénne smiled warmly, though the nature of her statement was less of a joke than she would've liked it to be.

"I'm not that much of loner, Fabiénne," Raphael tried, but with less energy behind it than would've been necessary, for it to sound as if he actually meant that. The woman just gave him a look that was a very accurate display of how much he was, in fact, a loner. But, to cover that up and steer the conversation into more comfortable waters, he cleared his throat and gestured between them. "Fabiénne, this is Isabelle Lightwood, a good friend from home. She just arrived. Isabelle, my boss, Mademoiselle Fabiénne Azaïs, one of the best designers I've ever met."

The Frenchwoman held her hand out to offer it to Isabelle. "He says that, but have I have ever seen him wear anything of mine? No."

It was friendly, harmless banter between them, really, and Raphael just licked his lips and shook his head, not losing his smile at any second. "I don't look that good in a dress, you know? But, you might wanna ask Isabelle, I'm sure they would look great on her."

"Of course they would, what kind of question is that?" Fabiénne gave back fake-offended, while regarding Isabelle with a look that only an artist would have when looking at a blank canvas.

11. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

There was a deep seated feeling of being honored and humbled to know and be friends with Raphael Santiago. Though they had been trading words before Izzy used him while under the addiction of yin fen, their relationship had evolved. It would have been in both their rights to never see each other again after fighting their addictions but something had been forged.

Izzy would always care for Raphael no matter what. And right now it was important to try and learn how to be friends.

He spoke of Selene and she didn't even try to stop the smile from remaining upon her features. She knew some of Raphael's family and knew that his sister was his only living relative left and even then it was probably a little tough since Rosa had dementia. Rosa Santiago was a sweet woman and Izzy was sure she had some kind of insight regardless of her dementia.

"I'm glad. You deserve to have those you can call family." Izzy paused, a tilt of her head. "You said people can come in from different points, right? So when did you come from?" In her current time Rosa was still alive so at least she could give some good news, all things considered.

Oh how she loved him. Maybe not in the way that lovers loved each other but there was love and affection there for him.

With the door opening, the embrace ended and Izzy looked over with interest as to who it might be. The banter going on between them suggested she was known and soon Raphael's words proved her thoughts to be true. Her smile widened as she gently pushed Raphael's shoulder in affection. "I see some things haven't changed." She teased him before holding out her hand. A pleasure to meet you, Mademoiselle Fabiénne Azaïs. And no need to apologize."

It was good for Raphael to have more people that were kind to be around him.

Izzy smiled. "I'd be happy to model any of the dresses if you want me to. They are absolutely exquisite." Just from what she had seen they were beautiful and Izzy would love to try them on.

12. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    For a moment a dark shadow crossed over Raphael's features. It had been a year ago for him already and yet it didn't cease to leave a bitter aftertaste in his mouth whenever he thought of it. His clan members, slaughtered like the animals Valentine believed them to be. "I was dragged in maybe half an hour after Valentine's assault on the institute. When he used to soul sword to..." He knew he didn't need to continue, she would know what he'd meant, but even if he had wanted to, he couldn't say it. He couldn't speak of it again. A year was nothing when you were trying to forget.
    His jaw tense in anger and much less actual grief, the vampire shook his head to dismiss the topic entirely. "You have to be from the future, if there's a downworlders cabinet meeting. I'm sure I didn't hear anything about that." There was more joking in his voice then, as he skillfully brushed the things he didn't wanna deal with off the table.

"Oh? I knew he was like that around others too." Fabiénne chuckled while Raphael rolled his eyes and gave Isabelle a stare - but not one that was even close to looking annoyed enough to bring his point across. He could barely be angry with Isabelle, he had the feeling, especially not now where he'd gotten her back so freshly.

The designer immediately took Isabelle's hand and shook it gracefully. "Fabiénne is enough, chérie, please, I'm not that old." A wink of hers - Raphael raised an eyebrow, but kept quiet. If she didn't wanna tell the shadowhunter about her immortality - and age - he wouldn't be the one to spill that secret.
    But that concern was wiped away, when the Shifter went on with: "Especially with your tattoos, they'd get a totally different vibe." The vampire started to smile a tiny bit; did she know that only non-humans could see them? Probably not. From where should she have?

"We should decide on a day to meet - but only as soon as you want. Pandora is a lot to take in, and I don't wanna keep you from getting to know everything." She regarded Raphael with a look and then smiled again. "But I'm sure Raphael will help you get settled here. Right?"

Depending on what Isabelle needed, the vampire was more than willing to take her in for a bit. To help her onto her own feet. With a soft smile, he met Isabelle's gaze. "You can sleep on our couch, I'm sure Tana doesn't mind."

13. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Izzy's features darkened. She remembered that night as clear as if it happened yesterday. Death's of dozens of downworlders, their murder planned by Valentine. That had been the biggest tragedy. Her breaking up with Raphael and deciding that she had to change and get off vampire venom was nothing compared to the losses everyone had suffered.

For a moment she was sorry she asked, her hand resting upon his arm and giving it a squeeze of assurance as well as a moment of silent apology. "I get it. You don't have to continue." No need to continue when it was still painful and raw and rather than talk about that moment where everything changed, Izzy focused on the other parts.

"It's strange to think of that, of being from your future. But it makes sense considering. Future you was at the meeting. Same with Luke, Magnus, Meliorn. Alec is trying to do what those before us refused to do." Well Alec at home, not the Alec here. Man this was hurting her head.

Well well well, this was interesting indeed. The marks upon her skin, various runes for different effects, were often hidden to the mundane world via glamour. Since Fabienne could see meant she wasn't exactly a mundane. Or she was gifted with the Sight. "They might not show up on camera. They're not normal tattoos." Izzy replied - either they'd need a special type of camera or she could try to un-glamour them.

"I appreciate it, thank you Fabienne." She was sweet and kind and Izzy was glad that she was in Raphael's life. And she was right, this place was a lot to take in and though she had only touched the surface, that was more than enough to know it would be overwhelming if she wasn't careful enough.

She turned to Raphael. "Well it does give me an opportunity to meet her. I'm all for it."

14. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Alec? he wanted to ask. Was he the Head of the Institute now? Or, in Raphael's future, rather? Trying to unite the Downworlders, even? He made a mental note to ask about that later, as they were joined by Fabiénne in that moment and he had a feeling that was a rather long story.

They might not show up on camera. They're not normal tattoos.
    That brought a look of surprise onto Fabiénne's face. Raphael watched her carefully take Isabelle's arm into her hand and letting a few fingers run over one of the runes. "Quite curious. Why can't you see them on a picture, if I may ask?" Nothing but genuine interest echoed from within the woman's voice, the vampire assuming she had never heard of such tattoos before, and most definitely not in her home world.

Raphael got a bit quieter then, meeting Isabelle's gaze with a bit of an apology in his eyes. "She's...not exactly living with me at the moment. She can move back in whenever she returns, but right now, we would have that flat for ourselves. I'll just text her, so she can get her stuff picked up," he explained neutrally, though there was a bit of melancholy glimmering in his eyes; Tana had left the city a good two weeks ago, with her boyfriend to somewhere else - where exactly, Raphael didn't know, but that was the point in staying hidden from the drama for a while, he assumed. Since he was part of that drama, it came to no surprise to him that she had needed some space; he wasn't the only, or even the main reason though, so that at least was something. The anti-vampire situation in Pandora Town and the problems her boyfriend Jason had with John, Raphael's friend, didn't exactly help either.
    But, having a good friend fill the emptiness of his apartment, sounded like a good idea to him, and if Isabelle was okay with it, she could definitely stay as long as she wanted.

15. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Isabelle could only watch as the runes were being looked over. Raphael trusted her and that was good enough for Izzy to extend her trust out as well. "They are runes. Generally they remain glamoured though some can see them. As such most mundane cameras won't pick them up." She could see them and so called Raphael though she didn't want to out him in case she didn't know he was a vampire.

Looking at him with a slight frown as he spoke. A bit of a shame really, she would have liked to meet Tanaquil but alas it wasn't meant to be just yet. His offer to stay was still just as appealing and the slight frown had become more of a smile. "I'll have to meet her another time then. As for the offer, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you." That was her living situation sorted.

Now she just needed to find a job.

"So long as it's truly no bother. I don't wish to be a burden."

Wasn't she worried that he might bite her? That their addictions would surface if they lived together? Not at all. For starters Izzy knew how to curb any cravings and she was in a much better place mentally than she had been. Really the only worry came from her cooking if she was being completely honest!

16. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Fabiénne seemed impressed, nodding along Isabelle's explanation, before her eyes skipped to the shadowhunter's face. "We have runes at home as well. Not in that abundance marked onto the body, but we use them for rituals." Letting go of her arm, the designer turned her own wrist upwards, revealing a circular rune filled with delicate lines and dots in a collection that didn't seem to have a pattern. Her fingers brushed over it briefly, a shadow crossing her face, before her smile returned; though, perhaps, a bit more melancholic now than before. "This my wedding rune, if you want to call it that. We- have a different name for it, but the ritual is basically for the same purpose." She paused. "Alas, my husband has not yet found his way into this dimension. Maybe he will soon."

Raphael knew that already. He'd always been observant and curious - though not tactlessly rude, but when Fabiénne and he had grown closer, slowly but surely, he felt it appropriate to ask about the tattoo, which, just as Isabelle had heard now too, wasn't actually a tattoo in the basic sense of the word.

"No, I mean it. The prospect of not having to live alone is quite nice, Isabelle. You won't be a burden to me." And the vampire felt it important to mention, especially since it had been him two months ago, who'd thought himself to be a burden to every single one of his friends. Even though it wasn't remotely as serious with Isabelle as it had been in his case, he wouldn't let any of his loved ones think they would ever be a bother to him. Raphael gifted her a small smile, as some kind of attempt at underlining the emphasis.

17. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Isabelle nodded. Some of their runes were used in rituals, some were received after a ritual such as the parabatai ceremony. There was also one for when two people got married, something Alec had gotten extremely close to. Still she looked at the rune that was shown, tempted to reach up and trace around the patterns. It was rather interesting, to see another type of rune that was on someone other than a Shadowhunter. She'd smiled at the rune before she looked deep into the woman's eyes, reaching out to grab her hands in her own as a sign of comfort and friendship.

"Maybe one day he'll come here too. Just think of all the stories you could tell him!" Izzy was known for putting aside her pain and emotions in order to help another. And since she had been so kind to Raphael, and even as kind to Izzy herself, she couldn't help but want to help make her feel better, even if it was only for a little bit.

Speaking of Raphael. He spoke and she looked towards him, grateful for his assurances. How often had she felt she was a burden and after the way she'd treated him and for him to still be a friend. It almost made tears to well up in her eyes. "Thank you, Raphael. Then I'd be happy too." He was the type of friend she didn't deserve. He was precious.

18. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Raphael watched Fabiénne smile gratefully at Isabelle's words, giving the shadowhunter's hands a soft squeeze back. "That's basically my mindset at the moment, yes. I'm sure he'll arrive soon and then we'll all laugh about how pathetic it was for me to doubt he'd ever join me here." Though the vampire raised an eyebrow for a second in concern, it didn't seem to be meant self-deprecating, but rather in a way to lighten the mood a bit. The designer was like that sometimes, and it had taken Raphael a bit to understand that Fabi would never talk anyone down to lift the mood, including herself.

The same smile still intact, the Shifter then looked between Isabelle and her vampire friend, before her eyes skipped to the clock on the wall. "You know what, Raphael? I think you should call it a day and take your ami home instead. I'm sure you two have a lot catching up to do, and I wouldn't want to keep you here when you have someone to introduce to their new home, oui?"

For a moment, the vampire wanted to argue, but the look Fabiénne gave him, gentle yet firm, silenced that protest before he'd even started it. And, to be fair, she was right. Taking Isabelle home and showing her around a bit, was definitely not a bad idea, even though Raphael was sure the shadowhunter wouldn't have minded to watch him work for a bit, too. But, he grabbed his bag without a further word, wishing his boss a good rest of the day, before leading Isabelle outside.

The moment they stepped out of the boutique, Raphael's irises adjusted to the light, turning ghostly white instead of the hazel they usually were. And now, finally, Indigo popped his head out of the shoulder bag, climbing up the vampire's arm and over his shoulders, where he settled down, looking at Isabelle with nothing but innocent curiousity sparkling in his swirling eyes. He made a sound resembling a greeting, but refrained from getting closer to her for the time being. Raphael guessed, the lizard sensed, that it wasn't quite the Isabelle he'd gotten to know half a year ago. "Oh, yeah, right, I almost would've forgotten about you," the vampire teased. "Isabelle, that's Indigo. A fire lizard - a relative of dragons, but stays that small. I hatched him and ever since he follows me everywhere."

19. Isabelle Lightwood

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Okay it was official. Izzy really liked Fabi even if for a moment she worried that the self deprecating words were actually meant as a barb before realizing it wasn't quite so. How fortunate they both were - Izzy and Raphael - to know such a wonderful person such as Fabienne. "So long as you are sure. I'll have to make it up to you, Fabienne." Izzy's expression was warmth and thankful - for Fabi to do this meant a lot considering how overwhelming this could all be.

After wishing her a rest of the good day/night, Izzy followed Raphael out, though she gave Fabi one last warm smile and a wave. Once they were outside her gaze shifted to her vampire companion. "I'm glad you have someone as nice as Fabienne in your life." It was incredibly clear she approved of her.

She knew he could walk in the daylight but even so it was a sight to see. As if he would suddenly vanish in a swirl of flames and dust and ash. Watching him in the light, it must be so nice for him to be able to walk around during the day and she smiled at him. How much of this would have made his life easier back in New York? For starters he would be able to visit his sister and walk around in the park.

Honestly she might have said something about how his irises were ghost white now but her thoughts were pulled in the direction of the fire lizard.

Izzy didn't have much experience with pets. There was a cat that lived in the Institute but her work meant having a pet wouldn't be ideal. Indigo was absolutely adorable. No two ways about it. "Nice to meet you, Indigo. You are so cute! I bet you keep good watch over Raphael, hm?" She teased, wanting to reach out and pet the cute little fire lizard but refrained from doing so. Let Indigo come to her if he wanted to.

20. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Raphael surely could be glad he'd met the designer after getting out of rehab. Not many employers took former addicts (or former convicts, for that matter, the stigma was roughly the same there) into their companies, not willing to take the risk of them relapsing. Fabiénne was different in those regards - in fact, many of her employees were former addicts, and something told Raphael that she would've extended the same hand (and chance) to former criminals, as long as they stayed on track now and talked to her if they felt like going back to those dark days. For some reason, she was taking care of the people she called employees, and Raphael was utterly grateful he could be one of them. He nodded towards Isabelle, a smile glowing in his eyes. "Me too, trust me."

Indigo sniffed her hand with a bit of caution, but soon enough licked over her fingers and nudged his head against hers. "Your old self liked him just as well," the vampire told Isabelle. "He's a bit confused at your new smell, but I'm sure you two will get along again in no time." And, as if to prove that point, the reptile jumped into the air, flapped his wings and then landed on Isabelle's shoulder, where he wrapped his tail loosely around her neck for stability. Raphael chuckled at the sight, before he continued down the street. "Yeah, I think you won't need much time at all."

The rest of the walk was spent in casual conversation, the clan leader pointing out some sights in between, and telling his friend a story about it, if he knew one. The sun was warm on their skin, and it was still something to get used to; his own skin had turned a richer shade of bronze from it though, during the last weeks, and he could only imagine how much it could deepen, once summer came around. There was no doubt about the fact that Raphael was thoroughly enjoying his won-back ability to walk in the sun.

He led her to an apartment block of richly red brickstone, where they took the elevator to the third floor. Tanaquil and he had only finished unpacking recently, and the flat was filled with life now, actually appearing as if it was something personal, a safespace to retreat to whenever they needed it. Some of Jocelyn's paintings were hanging on the wall, alongside of framed photographs that depicted friends of Raphael's and the vampire himself. A stereo had been moved to one of the walls, a box with CDs right next to it; a different wall held quite the impressive bookshelf, filled with books that couldn't look more different if they tried. The middle of the living room was occupied by a sofa, two armchairs and a coffee table and on the window sill a comfy looking cat bed had been placed, a small dolphin plushy lying inside of it, alongside a thin heat blanket - since Indigo couldn't get the warmth from his owner's cool skin, he needed the artificial heat to avoid getting sick.

Said lizard stayed on Isabelle's shoulder when they entered, watching his owner leave for the kitchen. "You want something to drink before I show you around?" Raphael asked over his shoulder while pouring himself a glass of deeply crimson liquid.