By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Breathe

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Jason Todd, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    He was so close to her, so close that he could not take his gaze from hers and made it impossible to miss the want, the desire in her eyes. Her nose brushed against his and he nearly moved to claim her lips, a spark running down through him from the moment of contact. He found it so hard to focus on her voice, her words, his mind felt like it was in a fog and he knew it had nothing to do with the vampires venom. But somehow he managed to take her words in, the words of how apparently he was as good for her as she was for him. How what little that was living in her beat for him and Jason could almost feel the warmth spilling from his heart, the smile on his face growing as he heard the sweet words.

Still he did not make a move, even though being so close to her was intoxicating for him and her next words only caused the warmth to spill faster throughout his body, she wanted him, the good, the bad, whatever lay in his future she wanted it. He did not miss her glance away, it was almost like she felt embarrassed, open and vulnerable before him. But then her gaze was back and her mouth was on his, giving him the feeling she wanted more in that moment towards the good. Jason was instantly responding the moment her mouth was on his, but then she pulled away just slightly and his heart ached for more. But seeing some kind of expectation in her eyes he was speaking"This mad you speak of, its a fun kind of mad as far as I can tell... The type of madness which brings about exhilaration and joy."

He was grinning wickedly before he went on with a more serious tone, his voice soft as they were still so close"I love you..." With that he was pushing forwards, claiming her lips in an almost forceful fashion, his hand slipping into her hair once again and then his mouth was pressing a kiss to the corner of her mouth, before he was leaving a trail of kisses along the left side of her jaw all the way to her earlobe. Where the kisses paused as he spoke in a surprisingly husky voice"Those three little words should tell you just how much I want you... The good..." His mouth was moving from her ear now as he continued to speak"The bad..." And gently, he gave her ear lobe a little tug with his teeth before kissing the skin just below it while adding"The beautiful... The ugly... The gentle... The wild... The violence.. The peace.. " He was moving back along her jawline now, kissing between words was he went, until he was going up to plant a kiss on the corner of her mouth/

At which point he pulled back just slightly to look directly as he spoke"There is not one part of you I do not want...." Then lightly, almost teasingly he nudged her nose with his before saying in a voice tinged with his sudden lust"Right now I want to do things so that you can feel my love beyond the words I say... After all, words are not proof... But actions can be..." His hand on her hip tightened and he was murmuring"If you want me to stop you should tell me now..." Then slowly he moved in once more giving her ample time to stop him before claiming her mouth and this time he was more dominant in his kiss, more forceful, showing he wanted only more.

Tanaquil and Raphael Santiago like this.
  2. Tanaquil

Tanaquil The Unicorn Series

Tinker Sorceress
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    At least he agreed that some kinds of absolute, mind-boggling insanity could be a good thing, small comfort that would be on a more rational day- but then, that was the inherent point. Everything was utter madness, mixed with hints of remembered pain, bouts of confusion and disbelief, and the occasional brightness of something unexpectedly lovely. Best to grab for that last sort when it was there, because it could so, so fleeting. There would be time for dissecting and thinking and working things through mentally afterward anyway, since it always seemed to happen regardless of rationality.

Jason smiled that rakish, charming smile of his, the one with the hint of playful wickedness, and she smiled with warm allure in return, kissing him back wantonly as he did her, fingers pressing against his skin. Every kiss on her skin was a spark and she felt the best kind of faint with it, and when his teeth touched her ear a little sound of pleasant surprise left her throat. Since she couldn't kiss him back she settled with running her fingers across his skin, tracing the lines of muscles and bone in his back, the nape of his neck, across his shoulders and ribs, and his heart raced through those touches until Tanaquil could have sworn they reached her own.

He was certainly charming in his way of communicating intentions, and to hear that he did want her so much was sweetly flattering- especially with his sincerity in every word of it. And yet, he still offered, and asked, and as silly as she thought that might be, with her earlier words, she understood the intention there- and loved him more for it, even with the lack of need for it. For a moment she could only look at him through half-lidded eyes before words came to her. "I love you more than words and sense and memories of sunlight," she said quickly, softly, with absolute honesty. "How could I ever want this chance to show you that to stop?" Especially now, when it's so close I might go legitimately insane.

So when he kissed her again she returned it with as much feeling, and gave in to her heart, and his, and found no regrets in that at all.

Jason Todd and Fleet like this.
  3. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    What had followed was a night that Jason had not been anticipating when he'd set out for Tanaquil's that night, a night of pleasures that made him wonder why he had not chosen to act on these impulses sooner and then after the enjoyable acts of the night he'd cradled the beautiful woman in his arms, easing her into some kind of sleep knowing that though she needed less sleep than him right now she needed to allow the peace to fill her, to rest. He'd intended to hold her and make her feel how loved she was, he'd never intended to drift off to sleep because sleep was never peaceful for him. Yet that night, holding her against his chest, he had fallen asleep feeling oddly at peace with the world and oddly warm despite the fact the form next to him was cold to touch.

His dreams did not disturb him, not at first, the peace extended and he was sleeping well, breathing in Tanaquil's scent with every quiet breath. But then as always the dreams turned against him, he was in that warehouse, staring into the Jokers eyes, beyond him his mother watched without a word as Jason was brutally tortured. The laughter rang in his ears, unknowingly Jason's form was now tense, twitching, his breathing had picked up and then the woman who was his mother changed, she slowly morphed into someone red, haired whom he loved. She was being seized, dragged forwards and Jason was unable to do anything, the Jokers laughter was ringing all around. He was trapped, broken on the floor, only able to watch as the red head who wore Tanaquil's face now became the Joker's new target. Words were tumbling out his mouth"No... Not her... Please.... Hurt me.... Not her.."

But even as he spoke the Joker morphed into someone else, as did the scene, he was suddenly in the upstairs room of the Library, stood between Tanaquil and Grant Ward. His heart rate rose tenfold, the scene played out much as it had when it had happened with Ward and Barbara, with him being exposed as a traitor by being forced to chose between Tanaquil and Hydra. The fight was over just as quickly, even as Jason began to move in his sleep he grew still when taken down by Ward, able to only watch as the man shot his girlfriend a cry of"No!" Erupting from his lips and now something was being forced into his hands, he was forced in the motion of getting up, moving towards the fallen girl the weapon in his hands heavy. The roar of flames as he approached his target, her eyes pleading with him, even as in his head he begged with himself not to do it, the nozzle of the tool now lifted towards Tanaquil's face- And Jason's ice, blue eyes shot open, his stomach rolled, he was going to be sick, his heart was racing, his body was drenched in sweat.

Tanaquil likes this.
  4. Tanaquil

Tinker Sorceress
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Being the creature she was, staying awake once sleep set in, or rousing herself from it, was a tricky thing. She literally slept like the dead, if not the restful kind- though the night's events and the company had a sort of blended effect of greater peace and comfortable restlessness, being unfamiliar to her after so much time. Raphael's irritated texts and her own to him were the only burr in it, a rubbing irritation that threatened to itch at her generally pleasant, if quickly shifting dreams. There was always that sense of blood in the back of her head, the hunger, but she was warmer than usual and sated and that was a blessing.

So when Jason started to twist and turn in his dream Tanaquil didn't even realize it, lying silent and still. Was something going on? No way to know, when she was as corpselike as this. Maybe she should check. By the time she could start drawing herself out, his discomfort had grown and the speaking had started. She knew fearful pleas when she heard them, confusion and terror and sorrow thick in the words that could have meant anything in their vagaries. It didn't matter. Jason was upset. That spurred her and she forced herself through the instinct and exhaustion. I can do this, and must. Her eyes fluttered open and she leaned up to look at him.

He was gasping and sweating, a vague, sick look to his face and his eyes were tormented. "Jason, breathe," she told him honestly, tone concerned but rational as she brought one hand to his hand, and the other to his cheek. "You're awake, it's fine, everything before was a dream. Deep breath.."

Jason Todd likes this.
  5. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    In his minds eye he could still see it, moving towards Tanaquil, raising the weapon and dousing her in flames. He could almost her screams replacing those of the red head he'd actually burned alive and then as Tanaquil started to react to him, telling him to breathe, he looked at her with a panicked look too his face. Something cold touched his hand, as she spoke on, trying to reassure him, he looked dawn at her hand squeezing it with a trembling hand but he could not shake off the dream, so easily as the smell he could never forget finally came into his mind, flooding his nostrils and mouth. Instantly his stomach rolled and he pulled free of her, rolling out of bed not caring that in that moment he was naked. He fled to the bathroom on unstable feet, upon reaching the room he slammed the door shut behind him before collapsing next to the toilet and brought up the contents of his stomach as the smell of melting, burning flesh continued to haunt him.

His whole body shook, his back was wet with sweat and he felt so burningly uncomfortable. Jason remained there, by the toilet even after he was done being sick, tears burned at the edge of his eyes and he wished as he always did when the nightmares came that he could push off this weakness, he was so tired of being a burden especially when he was supposed to be the strong one supporting Tanaquil in her moment of pain. He also hated that he'd ruined the happiness they'd fallen into after their romance and a tear managed to escape him, angrily he wiped it away, drawing a deep breath he pulled himself to his feet and flushed the toilet.

Before he went to the sink where he washed his hands before splashing cold water onto his pale face. Looking up he saw his reflection in the mirror he looked ill, so pale with dark circles beneath his sunken eyes, in that moment he could not see what Tanaquil saw in him. Drawing another breath he remembered her words to him upon waking, he was awake, everything was fine, it was just a dream and the deep breath he'd taken was now gently easing out. He dried his hands and face then, finally emerging from the bathroom, peering though the darkness towards the bed he looked to Tanaquil as he spoke softly"I'm sorry... I did not mean for that to happen... I ca-can't help it..." Then approaching the bed his gaze dropped to his clothing as he went on"I should probably go.."

Tanaquil likes this.
  6. Tanaquil

Tinker Sorceress
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He'd spoken of nightmares before, she'd been there to try and fend them of once or twice, but this time Tanaquil had been asleep and, it seemed, after a certain point nothing was going to help. A pang of guilt at her own sloppiness and anger at everyone who had made his mind such a minefield sparked in her momentarily, but faded as the bathroom door closed. Oh, there was comfort to be found in focusing on her feelings, because those she had some control over, but that didn't help him at all, did it. Better to acknowledge what it was; sorrow at her own inability to do more. Well, it's not as though, short of trying to Encanto him, I'd know any way to stop nightmares, is it.

So instead she rose, similarly naked, and walked to the sink, filling a glass with water and set it on the table by the cot. She couldn't help but hear, despite doing her best to ignore it, and winced in sympathy. Poor Jason; having a night as chaotic as the previous one couldn't have helped. When she heard the door opening she turned back toward him, peering through the darkness. He came out he looked a little the worse for wear, no surprise there, but she barely let that sink in over her worry about him. Standing up from the cot she started in that direction.

Shock at his apology stopped her short, and was quickly followed by skepticism at his pronouncement. He must still be groggy because that made no sense at all- even for when he was guilty. "No, you shouldn't go," she told him, cocking her head and walking after him, shaking her head. "This isn't ruined, Jay. Trust me on that, since I do get a say and all. You're in no state to leave anyway." Sitting down on the cot she took his hand and tugged it gently to make him sit back down, if she could. It was just as likely he'd pull back as give in, but she could try, and she met his gaze with a bit of a pleading look in hopes that would make a difference. "You were here for me, it's my turn to be here for you. Fair's fair."

Jason Todd likes this.
  7. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    She rose up from the bed and had started towards him when he had re-emerged, only to stop dead as he spoke, the way she looked at him he didn't know if it was what he said or just because she'd finally realised what a mess he was. A moment later she was speaking and he knew it was because of his words even as she followed after him towards his pile of clothes. Even as he reached them, she was speaking again, sinking onto the bed beside where he'd tossed the clothes, her hand reaching for his and he let it connect, let her words reel him in.

Surprise in his eyes that she didn't think their peace, their happiness had been ruined by him and yet another nightmare, which still clung to the back of his mind. He wanted to believe her, but the fact she was having to reel him in, offering to be there for him and no longer content or happy, he knew he had ruined it. With that knowledge his face closed off and he looked away, but he did not step away from the bed, nor make any moves to flee.

Instead he allowed her to guide him to sit upon the bed, his gaze turned away as he spoke, his voice little more than a whisper"You're no longer happy... And its my fault, I didn't mean for it to happen... I didn't mean to be this weak, to become a burden... Ruining your rest, ruining your happiness... Ruining your peace." His voice was now bitter, frustrated and yet his face remained closed off, turned away from her, his ice, blue eyes distant even as his mind clung to the memories of the nightmare. He could feel his stomach churning despite being empty now and for a moment he leaned forwards with a groan, pulling his hand out of hers as both his hands went to rub at his pale face.

Then through his hands he was muttering"Sorry, I'm not the best company when this happens which is why I thought I should leave, that and I don't want to ruin everything further... Not when it had been so perfect..." He had finally raised his head from his hands, looking at Tanaquil at last, allowing her to see the apology, the shame on his face and the sad, haunted look to his eyes.

Tanaquil likes this.
  8. Tanaquil

Tinker Sorceress
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She was starting to learn how to get him to stay in place, even when he didn't want to, and that was something. How to make him willingly want to come over and talk, or spend time actually expressing things, that was the harder trick. The look on his face, regret and guilt and the fear that people would notice a crack of imperfection in him, that was becoming all too familiar. Not really distressing, because there was almost sheepish charm in the thoughts behind his eyes. Would he ever realize that the world was no more perfect than he was, and no less either, and that the things expected of him were far less grueling than what he expected of himself?

"I'm not unhappy either, just concerned," she pointed out before he managed to continue, pinning him with her gaze a little. She'd said nothing was ruined and she sincerely meant it, because 'ruined' was different than 'broken'. She'd ruined the gate between the perfect world and her own, she'd ruined her chances to stay in Sea City and have a sister and a father; this was fixable. And she did know fixable, very well in fact. "If that meant instant unhappiness I'm pretty positive that the world would have ended far before now. But it's not so."

Cupping his face between her hands she looked into that sorrowful expression, the blue eyes, and willed him to actually see her and not what he thought he was seeing in her. She was there, bare-skinned, pale as porcelain with a faint flush from earlier feeding and nothing more than that, freckles, blue eyes, red hair, and not a bit of sadness on her face- just calm, caring adoration and affection, and a tiny hint of bemusement at his insistence that things were terrible for her when he was obviously in a far worse way. "You're exhausted. It must have been jarring, whatever it was. But it's over, faded with waking. If you don't want to say what it was you don't have to, but I've seen you through nightmares before. Stay and let me do that again, please?"

Moving her hands from his face with one last caress across his cheek she shifted to where he could rest against her and brought a hand back through his hair, stroking it lightly.

Jason Todd likes this.