HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Brick By Brick

Discussion in 'Blackhaven' started by Helen Magnus, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    There was one more building Helen wanted to look over in Blackhaven before she decided to look elsewhere in Pandora Town. With Henry in Pandora now Helen felt it was best to bring him, mostly so they could decide what it would take to update the building since it was an old monastery. What religion it had represented was hard to tell though Helen was reminded of old Catholic churches minus the Christian imagery. It wouldn't have bothered Helen, she did have the Sanctuary in Old City which was an old church. There were still cross statues on the ground and Helen had left them to respect the original architecture. She even left the chapel where they could let all their abnormals pay respect to whatever religion they followed. A quiet place to step aside and have their worship. Helen herself had little faith in it but it never hurt to let others follow their beliefs.

There was already a perimeter fence around the monastery which was already a step in the right direction, only problem being it was not nearly as tall as she would like. The original gate seemed to have been removed as well which would need to be fixed. Still once the cab dropped them off at the front Helen stepped out and waited for Henry, looking up at the large Gothic styled building. The streets were covered in fog making it hard to see the place from a distance which Helen liked. She didn't need her Sanctuary to stick out or draw attention. Of course she would like to find a means to clear the fog on their own property so residents could enjoy the grounds better. The great wooden double doors were in rough condition, covered in rust and damage from the years. Perhaps even vandalized a bit since it had been abandoned. "Well, it has great potential." Helen spoke up. There were many windows that had been shattered or pulled out all together leaving gaping holes but the bricks were in great condition.

The building itself was beautiful if not a little run down. Helen could deal with that and because it had been run down and sat empty for so long it would prove to have a lower value. Then again it would cost more fixing it up and trying to restore it. "Well, shall we?" Helen asked as she reached out to grab the handle of the door and pull it open only to have the handle on the first door pull out and startle her a bit. Standing there with the brass handle in her hand she let out a little sigh and tried the second handle having the door slowly open up. There was clearly no electricity or even set up for electric on the inside. Above them int he main entryway was a giant wheel hanging from a chain like a lighting feature from the dark ages when torches and candles illuminated the world. It was drafty and dirty, wild plants stretching inside through broken windows from the ivy growing on the outside. It was about as cold inside as it was outside no sight of pipes and possibly now proper heating or plumbing which also might need to be fixed. "The building itself seems sturdy enough Henry, what do you think?"

Henry Foss likes this.
  2. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

Henry made note of the door as he hobbles over on the crutches Helen had gotten for him. He tried not to laugh when she broke the first door handle. "It has.........character." There was an amused twinkle in his eyes as he spoke. This was all he wanted to say at first. He needed time to look around before he could give Helen a full assessment and his opinion. "Lemme look around a bit first. I'll let you know."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  3. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    "Character, that's just another word for old. It may be cracking in places, broken and a bit run down but the foundation is solid, still standing strong." A little like her, Helen had faced hell. She had been worn down and broken. John's betrayal, the death of James and Ashley, her solitude when returning back in time. Yet Helen still stood strong despite it all. "There are several floors and a large basement that might have been a cellar though it may need to be expanded and perhaps add a few floors down for high security habitats." She walked through the hall looking it over and wrapping her arms around herself in the cold draft. "It's a bit of a project but you should have seen the Old City Sanctuary when I first got it, not as behind the times or run down but still not a lack of work."

4. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

Henry gives Helen a curt nod as he limped around on his crutches giving the rundown building a thorough looking over.

"I think we can make it work Mom. You know I will do anything you need to help get The Sanctuary up and running smoothly."

Yes, this term of endearment is now a regular thing for Henry. He rather likes calling Helen 'Mom' it makes him feel good inside.

As he's going along Henry doesn't notice a short flight of steps and goes crashing down them. He's dazed when he reaches the bottom but isn't passing out or anything. He just really hurts all over even worse than before.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  5. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    Helen smiled and gave a nod of her own head, her hands pulled up to her hips as she gave the main hall another look through. "We will figure something out and until you are well again I'll have Tesla come in and help you around the place too. We could use the extra man power to get this place running." Plus Helen had told him, promised him practically that he was going to be putting the generators together for the place. With Tesla and Henry combined this place would get up off the ground in no time. Now if she could just find someone to fix up the actual building itself.

Hearing a crash behind her Helen ran to grab Henry but he had taken a slip down the steps or maybe at one point it was something else, it was actually hard to tell since it was crumbling apart. Getting to his side she grabbed his arm and tried helping him up a bit. "Are you alright? You have to watch your step here, this building is clearly old, older than Pandora and has been abandoned. Maybe even since before it arrived here." Helen wondered if buildings were dragged into Pandora. How interesting it would be if the Sanctuary got pulled over. That was just wishful thinking on her part.

Once Henry was back to his feet or more so his crutches Helen helped him over to a wall where he could rest, her eyes drifting to a gas lamp on the wall. Feeling around her pockets Helen pulled out a lighter, something she carried around despite not being a smoker because really who knew when you would need to start a fire easily to avoid freezing at night. Lighting the gas lamp she turned a dial to increase the flame then switched off her lighter. "Imagine, back in my day this was how the whole world was lit." So at the youngest this place was upgraded in the early 1800's. "This must be some sort of storage cellar for food. It doesn't go deep enough to have been the sub basement I saw in the blueprints."

6. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

"Yeah, I should have been watchin' where I was goin'."

Henry was badly shaken up but was none the worse for his fall.

"Ow..... All my aches and pains are back again.... Awesome!"

His sarcasm is clear as Helen helps him get to a place to sit and rest for a bit. He had a bag slung over his shoulder and therein was a bottle of water. He pulls that out and takes a long drink sighing rather loudly.

"I think with some hard work and love this place will be really great."

Henry was actually tearing up a bit as he bent over a bit and was staring at the dirt floor in contemplation. The HAP missed working and helping others at the Old Sanctuary. He missed everything about the Old Sanctuary.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  7. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    She rested a hand on his shoulder, a little smirk on her face as he said he should have been more cautious. "It's alright, happens to the best of us." She might have called Will out on it, told him he had to keep an eye out as any good Sanctuary agent would. Helen had to be hard on Will, he was set to take it all over after her should something happen and even though he would never be exactly like her she trusted him. In that regard Henry got off lightly. "Well, once you have recovered you'll be right back at it in the field again. It will be nice to have some company from here on out." She could take Tesla as well but as usual he was still busy with his own life.

"I think so to, it has a sort of charm about it, history, I like that. Reminds me of home." When Helen spoke of home it wasn't just the where, it was also the when. Home to her had been the Old City Sanctuary but Helen hadn't been there from her point of view for over 100 years now. She missed it greatly but her home had always been in London 1885. A time before John had changed forever, a time when he was still good and kind and they were so much in love. Helen walked around as Henry sat down a moment to rest. Getting a feel for this room and what she could use it for. "I think this should be your new lab. It's bigger than your old one, gives you more space to keep your tools and seeing as you discovered it. The lighting is decent for a place without power as well."

Helen had looked back to Henry expecting a bit of excitement but instead she saw tears and rushed by his side. "Henry, dear lord, are you alright?" She sat down next to him draping an arm along his back. Then she realized in a moment that coming to Pandora might not have been as easy for him. Henry wasn't her. He wasn't going to live forever. He might have missed home, missed Erika, missed the other HAP's from the Sanctuary. After all this time he had finally found his own kind again, belonged, fallen in love with one and now he was alone once more. HAP's like humans were highly social creatures, in need of each others company and despite being other werewolves in Pandora there weren't others quite like him. "Henry." Helen hugged him. "It will be alright, I won't stop looking for a way home."

Henry Foss likes this.
  8. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

Henry leans into his adoptive mother and tries to hold back his sadness but the tears just starting pouring down his cheeks. He could barely speak in between gasping sobs. His whole body was shaking as these intense emotions poured out of him.

"I really miss everyone back in our world....
    But I miss Erika most of all Mom....."

With shaking hands Henry pulls a small black velvet box out of his pocket and opens it so Helen could see inside. Nestled in the bottom of the box was an elegant yet simple diamond ring. The stone was barely as big as a pinky fingernail but it shone brightly in the darkness.

"I-I.....I was going to ask Erika to marry me, Mom.... The baby should have a father.... and I love Erika more than anything....."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  9. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    She held him a little tighter as he started to cry about missing everyone. She knew all too well, she had been away from them for so long. It had almost made her seem cold and empty having no one but herself for company and sometimes it was hard to remember what it was like to have people she could depend on again. It seemed silly but it was hard to let them all back in because she could lose them all again, It wasn't easy living with yourself, knowing that they were just going to be a flicker in her life, like Ashley had been. A joy that one day would come to an end, a bitter realization. "I know Henry, I miss them all myself. Will, Kate, Big Guy, Ashley." She let out a sigh after that last one. Even coming home there wouldn't be an Ashley, there never would be again.

That was when Henry pulled out the little box and showed it to her telling her he had intended to marry Erika. Helen had known of his intentions to marry her before but Erika had left and returned to England while Henry stayed at the Sanctuary. She had known his reasons, he was loyal to her, always had been but sometimes she wanted him to go off and live his life, be happy, the Sanctuary would always be there. She had several lifetimes to wait for him to come visit her but Henry only had just this one. She didn't want to be the cause of him giving up that one chance, not when Ashley had already lost it to her. She wouldn't see both of her children fall because of her. But there had been another matter that caught Helen's attention.

"Baby?" Helen was frozen for a moment, her blue eyes growing in size with a look of alarm and excitement. Henry and Erika were having a baby? She was going to be a grandmother? Helen wanted to be excited, she wanted to picture her life with someone so small and sweet to love again. Just like when Ashley had been a baby, sitting at her desk with young Foss in her lap showing them pictures from her life and reading them stories. But she was trapped here in Pandora, afraid she would miss that chance to have a family again, the family Ashley had lost when she had given her life to save her, the future Helen felt she had lost. To hold and love her grand kids and give them the same passion for abnormals she had, to continue on her Sanctuary even after she was gone. "It's alright Henry, we'll get home to them, your child will have a father yet and you'll be a wonderful father at that and a good husband. Erika is so lucky to have you, they both are."

Henry Foss likes this.
  10. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

"Y-Yeah.... I only found out recently.... You had to help Erika because of the drugs she used to take to restrict her HAP form...."

It took Henry a long few moments before he could take in a steady breath and have a drink of water without choking on it.

"No matter if I'm stuck here forever or if Erika comes here I'll always be around to help you, Mom."

Soon he put away the small black velvet box and grabbed his crutches. He was ready to get to work. If Erika or anyone else from the Sanctuary showed up he wanted everything to be ready for them. He needed to work because sitting idle was not something he did well.

"Let's get to work Mom. I'm ready."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  11. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    So not only was Erika pregnant but she could have a risky pregnancy as it seemed Helen had to perform a procedure to help Erika after her medication had tampered with her HAP physiology. Helen had worried about that but this baby meant it was the first HAP born since Erika had been born. Helen felt that also had been caused by the medication, a decrease in HAP fertility which explained despite having all those HAP's together the species was still slowly dying off. It had been unfortunate that Erika's aunt hadn't seen it sooner, that she was slowly killing off the last of the HAP's in the world by selfishly trying to disguise a prison as safety.

Helen took his hand when he told her no matter the outcome he was here to help her with the Sanctuary. "And no matter what Henry I'm here for you. Even if you just need someone to talk to, a little comfort, or to be left alone by everyone else just let me know Henry, please." She would do anything for him and she hoped he knew that. She knew it was going to be hard enough without the Big Guy here to look after Henry and act as the voice of reason to the young HAP. Now he was without Erika and the baby.

"I'm so proud of you Henry. I want you to know that." She spoke with sincerity ion her voice, she wanted him to know she truly meant it. She couldn't have been more proud of him. Standing back up she helped Henry up to his feet as well before resting her hands on her hips and looking around the room again. "Well, shall we? I'll help you up the steps. We can go explore the top floors and you can pick out your room. I'm sure I'll locate a good spot for a new office. Perhaps on a floor with easy access so everyone can pester me while I'm doing paperwork." She joked knowing Helen never had a moment to herself even in her office with the door shut.

She helped Henry up the steps grabbing hold of his arm as they went back up the stairs and then into the main entryway to the stairs leading up. She grabbed hold of him again as they climbed the steps up to the upper floors. "We will have to put in an elevator eventually but all in due time right. A few stairs won't kill us till then." This Sanctuary had a lot of work it would need to make it just right for her work but it was almost better to start it out small and work her way back up.

Henry Foss likes this.
  12. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

Henry gratefully took his adoptive mother's hand and squeezed it tightly. He was so lucky to have Helen in his life. She cared about him and his well-being no matter what. After grabbing his crutches and hugging Helen he was ready to head back upstairs.

"No matter what anyone else says or thinks about you in my mind you are my mom. I love you."

With Helen's assistance, they made it back to the upstairs. Henry was starting to tire but wasn't finished looking around at the building. He was careful and cautious as he hobbled around peeking into all of the huge rooms that the upstairs contained.

"Wow! These rooms are even bigger than our old ones back home! There's room in this one for me to have a mini workbench or something cool like that!"

Helen Magnus likes this.
  13. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    She sat there quietly a moment after Henry had told her that no matter what he would always think of her as his mother and then told her he loved her. Helen looked away a moment, when she had taken Henry in all those years ago she hadn't expected to play the role of his mother. She had seen a little boy alone and feral who needed her help and she had given it to him. She had given him a home and a place to grow up beside Ashley. She had given him a name and an education, she had given him a chance and that had been all she had wanted, to give Henry the chance to be who he wanted to become. That was in the end after all a mothers one true job. Bring your child into this world and raise them so they can find themselves.

Yet to have Henry say that to her Helen smiled a little choked up and lost for words. All she could do was smile at him and nod her head and sometimes for Magnus her silence spoke louder than any words ever could. Her silence could show great disapproval, great love, and in this case great appreciation and pride in who he had decided to be. Helen looked around with Henry knowing she didn't mind having a smaller bedroom even if her bedroom back at the Sanctuary was well known for being fairly large. A big office however, now that was what she wanted. A place for morning meetings. "We could arrange a workbench, might even fit that big screen and gaming systems too and a custom computer." Helen knew Henry was a gamer, he had loved it since she had gotten him a Nintendo long ago.

"I'm looking forward to setting up a large office for morning meetings and I might as well take the door off the hinge since even when it's shut everyone walks in anyways." She laughed and smile knowing when you were Helen Magnus peace and quiet didn't exist. The only room that was respected was her bedroom. If she was in there with a shut door nobody walked in. Helen was seldom in her room unless she was sleeping and if Helen was sleeping then why would you wake her up? It was rare for her to actually close her eyes and take a nap. "I'm excited to find a room for the atrium. You have no idea how much I miss that silly little atrium back in Old City. Not seeing Sally every morning and doing my morning rounds. It also always made life so much easier." Outside of Hollow Earth is was one of the most advanced set of machinery. "We will also have to discuss setting up a perimeter and a MP Shield. John may not be here but lets not count out others with his abilities and should he ever show up...." She trailed off. "Lets hope he never does." If she could only be so lucky.

14. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

"I'm sure that psycho won't come here. If he does he'll have me to get past Mom."

Henry felt even more protective of Helen in this new and unfamiliar world. He'd do anything in his power to keep her from harm. Once he'd picked a room for himself he hobbled quickly to catch up with Helen. The room shed selected for her office was perfect. He was already imagining the team having meetings there.

"This perfect Mom. Definitely an excellent for your office."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  15. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    She held her breath a moment when Henry said John would have to go through him to get to her. "That is what I am afraid of." Helen responded to him. "I would never ask you to go up against John Henry, not for me or for anyone else. He's the most dangerous person I have ever met, though Adam was clever John is more than that. He's a mad dog, he would have no lost sleep over taking you from me and that's why I would ask please, don't ever fight him. Leave that to me. I can handle him." John was a walking terror, a waking nightmare. It was hard to see the man she had once loved locked behind that deranged monster inside him but sometimes he was there and that was the thing that damaged Helen the most.

John could hurt her by tossing her about but the real pain came from his soft voice and his confession he stilled loved her more than anything else in this world. Helen walked around the room that she would pick out as her office trying to picture the layout. Walking up to the windows she could see the stain glass was dirty but intact. All it needed was to be cleaned up and it would be as good as new. The real question was if it had a window that opened to the outside. "Shame this building was left in such a state, with a good clean up and some repairs it might even rival the Sanctuary back home in looks. Look at these stain glass roses. I wonder what sort of religion they practiced. I haven't seen anything giving away a denomination"

Helen turned back to Henry with a smile. "I think I'll put an offer on it, a lower price than what was being asked since the repairs are substantial. I don't want to pay too much for something will will put a fortune into repairs. For the first time in a long time I'm actually working on a budget too." That in itself was a rarity for Helen. She was the richest woman back in her own world. Now she wasn't poor but she was far from Helen Magnus levels of money right now as well.

Henry Foss likes this.
  16. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

"Mom.... You don't need to worry about me. Let me take care of you for once."

Henry murmurs tearfully as he hobbled over to where Helen stood by the stained-glass window. He slowly drops the crutches and wraps his arms around his adoptive mother. He hadn't hugged Helen like this since he was very young. He didn't want to let go of her for the longest time and just buried his nose in her long dark hair. Helen always smelled so nice and Henry appreciated this now more than before he had started to change.

"I think this place is perfect Mom. I can't wait to start working on this place. I'm up for the challenge."

By now he had started to feel very drowsy and that was a reason why he was so weepy just then. After all of that excitement, Henry was ready to go home and rest. He just didn't want to let go of Helen. He was terrified that she would disappear before his very eyes.

"C-Can we head home soon Mom? All of this emotion and excitement has worn me out."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  17. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    "Henry, it's always been my job to take care of you, that is what being a mother is all about. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you too, I already lost Ashley, I can't lose you as well and John..." She trailed off, her eyed wandering into the distance until Henry wrapped his arms around her. Helen hugged him back, remembering hos small he use to be compared to how big he was now. He wasn't her little boy anymore but he would always feel like that small child to her no matter what. The little boy she had brought home from the moors in a feral state, the one she had looked after and watched grow up. "Protect me from anything but John because he's the one person who would take you from me just to break me."

Luckily he hadn't targeted Henry yet but he had targeted his own daughter. John may not likely even know Helen had raised Henry but rather that he was just another abnormal she had taken in out of the kindness of her own heart. Once John found out he could manipulate her through Henry however it might become another game because John wanted to hurt her, he always wanted to make her bleed and bend her to his will to have her back in any means necessary even if by force. Helen assumed she hadn't told the others even into her future that John had helped Adam Worth out so he could go back in time and stop them all from taking the source blood. Keep Helen from becoming immortal and bed her in his happily ever after. But what about everyone she had saved? Her role she played in WWII? Damn it all to John, he didn't care about anyone but himself.

"I'll be certain to call in and let them know this place is spoken for then." Henry had mentioned he was feeling tired. Helen supposed it was his medication since it did have the side effect of making one drowsy but he needed the pain management for at least a little while longer before it was no longer necessary. It was really more for his shoulder and ribs than anything. Crouching down Helen picked up his crutches and handed them back to him before offering her arm as aid to help him down the stairs. "We can head out now. Once I get the property we can come back and get to work on it. I have a few things I'll need to go over with you. Just little rough outlines of technology from Hollow Earth that I have been drawing up."

Henry Foss likes this.
  18. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

This peaked Henry's interest. He'd been especially enamoured with the holographic interface when they visited Hollow Earth. This news made him feel less sad and lonely. He was still exhausted but now he had something to look forward to the next time they came here.

"What?! You're kidding! That will be fun to set up! I'm down with holographic tech Mom! You're the best!"

Helen Magnus likes this.
  19. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]

January 29th, Year 7
    "I'd like more Hollow Earth technology in the Sanctuary here. I've been meaning to add it into the Sanctuary back home as well." But Helen was going to leave out the fact that it wasn't necessary. Not with the New Sanctuary being constructed and the fact it would be full of Hollow Earth technology. As sweet as it was to have Henry call her mother or mom however Helen knew it was a dangerous word, even without having her enemies here Helen would have enemies again. Turning to Henry she rested a hand on his shoulder.

"It might be best to keep calling me Magnus, now since what happened to Ashley. If someone knew Henry..." She paused a moment, not sure how to say it, he was her weakness. The missing link in her armor. "I don't want the same thing that happened to Ashley to happen to you. I've already lost one of you I can't lose the other too. There have always been people looking to bring down the Sanctuary and I don't need them coming after you because they know what you mean to me. Perhaps...just to be safe Henry, please."If something happened to him as it had Ashley Helen didn't even want to think on it.

Henry Foss likes this.
  20. Henry Foss

Henry Foss Guest

Those words cut Henry deep but he knew that Helen was right. She knew he'd do anything to protect her and if not calling Helen 'Mom' was the way then that's what Henry would do. With tears in his eyes Henry nods and leans his head over so he could touch her hand with his cheek.

"Of course Magnus. If it keeps you safe then I'll call you Magnus or 'Boss'."

Helen Magnus likes this.