By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Bringing the Shop

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Liquid Snake, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake Floating between waves

Surreal explorer
    Race:
    Uncertain at this point
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Okay so I wanted to know if after I finish Hughes and the required time etc, that I pick up another character. The thing is that he kind of needs a certain building, especially because I'm hoping to set up that shop in Pandora.

The specifics that were asked for, I wish to play Kimihiro Watnuki from the CLAMP series xxxHolic. The premise of said show, is a teen finding a strange shop that grants wishes. Within said shop is the dimensional witch, he asks to have his power to see spirits taken from him. But every wish has a price and he has to work it off at the shop.

Anyway, without telling the whole plot, he eventually takes over the shop from the dimensional witch. Now I know about board restrictions, so his abilities that relates to other dimensions will be removed. At least if not existing in Pandora, such as the spirit world and so on.

And yes the wishes will keep to board restrictions and staff will have the discretion to veto them. So to my actual question, when Watanuki took over the shop. The price he paid for keeping his spirit sight dispite it being apart of his original wish was to remain within the boundaries of the shop and its yard.

About one hundred and ten years later, as he continues to wait for the previous owner to return. He is told he can leave but remains all the same, so what I'm asking is.

If I apply for Kimihiro Watanuki, would I be able to bring the shop, its contents and the four beings that reside in it one of which I will have to neuter. With him, because he's tied to the shop and needs it to continue his work in Pandora. The items in the house aren't much to worry about but some are necessary. I hope that is enough info, possibly too much.

#1 Liquid Snake, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

So, generally speaking, we don't allow people to pull locations straight from a canon into Pandora. The closest you can get is having a character recreate something similar (but ideally making it unique to Pandora as well).

In a situation like this one, where the character is tied to a location and has some canon reason for not being able to leave it, Pandora will remove that restriction/rewrite them so that they won't have issues upon appearing in Pandora.

As for whether or not he can have the "four beings" come in with him as npcs.... It would depend on who or what they are. Mokona would be 100% okay as an npc, since Mokona is pet/mascot-like. We'd need to know who else you were thinking of before we could let you know.

3. Liquid Snake

Surreal explorer
    Race:
    Uncertain at this point
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    If the shop can't come, then two of them are out because they are quite tied to the shop more so then Watanuki is. So if the shop is out then they have to be as well, unless upon recreating the shop here he can have them appear.

Or just have them come with and have the first thing he does is recreate the shop. These two are a pair of twin little girls with no souls, frankly it's uncertain if they were human to begin with as it's never really touched on. Plus they have little personality other then follow Watanuki or Mokona around doing what the shop keeper tells them though they still act like kids when not working or using their abilities to strengthen the barrier/illusion around the shop.

The remaining being is just a simple pipe fox, which is a cute little tube shaped fox that stays with Watanuki. It has a transformation but it's limited in its strength and duration.

4. Rani

Rani MODgician

Sorry for the delay on this!

Bringing in the tube fox is totally fine.

We'll say no to Maru and Moro, because despite the fact they're spirits and have no souls, they still have distinct personalities and are their own characters. They're minor characters, but we don't feel they're really npc material. We make exceptions for the animal/mascot-like characters like Mokona, but humanoid characters are rarely allowed in as npcs.

5. Liquid Snake

Surreal explorer
    Race:
    Uncertain at this point
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Thanks, I figured I'd be going with the pipe fox and Mokona. Just wanted to be sure, but thank you for you thoughts in this. Watanuki, pipe fox and Mokona will appear soon as the time for Maes has end which I believe is Christmas XD

Rani likes this.
  6. Rani

Rani MODgician

I'm a huge Tsubasa and xxxHolic fan, so I'm super excited to see Watanuki in Pandora. :3