By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private but grey is not a compromise

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Kylo Ren, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

sept 15 – @Revan

Going back to Elysium, after destroying his apartment and taking off for the mainland, had not been part of Kylo's plan. But then, nothing he'd done in the past several weeks had been part of a plan. Longer than that, really. He felt out of control, and he'd shown that when he'd tried to force it back into his hands in killing Luke– which, though he wouldn't admit it... he knew it was better that he'd failed.

And then his memories. Then Jaesa. Leia. Kylo knew, in his attempts to keep from spiraling out, he hadn't truly found a way to straighten his path, find direction. Whatever he was after. He barely even knew– he felt torn, he felt confused. But for it all, in the midst of being without his memories, he met someone who he thought might understand.

So he was at the same bar in Elysium where he'd first met Revan; though this time, with every memory of his months and months in Pandora filled in. Perhaps it was telling that he didn't consider that to make him much of a different person, at least not in any way that she would notice. She'd said she'd flopped between the Jedi and Sith multiple times, had come out the other side as something different. Kylo wanted to know what that something different was like. If it could be for him.

There was a drink in his hand that he sipped on idly, watching the door until she entered, and there gave her a slim smile of greeting.

Revan likes this.
  2. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

The months had gone by quickly, a blur of traveling between regions and planets and always ending up where she started: in Elysium. Something about the moon held familiarity, a sense of comfort in the neon Undercity, sleek buildings of the Overcity, and vastness of the space that surrounded it. She had finally gotten ahold of a ship, too, and while she had yet to explore much of the system around Pandora, she was looking forward to exploring.

Of course, she didn't want to explore space alone. She could, she supposed, as she had Teethree to provide some chirps every now and then, but the droid was pretty quiet, and Revan required companionship to truly feel satisfied. She needed conversation, people to explore with and enable her to make dumb decisions (or hold her back from doing anything too dumb), someone just to say hi to in passing.

While she wasn't quite sure who to recruit, Kylo seemed like a good possibility. She had enjoyed talking with him, and even if he didn't want to join her, she was always happy to speak to someone so similar to her in many aspects, but different enough in others to make conversation constantly interesting.

It only took a moment upon entering the familiar bar to find Kylo, his presence clear amongst a wave of normalcy. She offered a smile in return as she moved towards him, easily sliding into the seat nearest to him.

"Hey," she greeted, a soft smile remaining as she slightly turned to quickly order a drink, then returned her gaze to Kylo. "It's nice to see you again." Her words were genuine - she really was glad to be able to see him again, which couldn't be said for all people.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  3. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo twisted his body toward hers as she sat, a hand still resting on his drink though he hadn't made much progress into it. "You, too," he returned easily, realizing as he looked over her face that he was doing so as a very different person from who she'd last met. He'd met her during the time his memories of Jaesa had been torn away, and since getting them back... it felt as though his whole life had turned upside down in a mess of confusion.

He turned, caught the eye of the bartender, and nodded towards Revan. "Whatever she wants, on me."

Revan likes this.
  4. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

"Thanks," she smiled warmly at his offer to pay for whatever she wanted without argument, then briefly turned her attention to the bartender to place her order.

"What've you been up to since..." she briefly paused, her gaze momentarily shifting up in thought then quickly returning to Kylo. "July?" It'd been longer than she thought, yet shorter at the same time - she still felt that time passed by strangely here. As her drink was slid in front of her, she took a small sip, then rested her shoulder on the counter, lightly propping up her chin on her palm.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  5. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo sighed at the question, and finally look a long sip of the drink in his hand. His dark eyes fell to the table for a few moments as he considered how to even start. Then, he finally looked back to Revan.

”Did you hear about… how people were losing their memories, the past few months?” It had been a widespread phenomenon, evidently– Pandora’s random selection, messing up the lives of whoever drew the short straw, so to speak. “I forgot I was in love.” He snorted at the ridiculousness of the statement, and took another sip of the drink. Was. He sighed. “Am. …I don’t know.” It was complicated.

Revan likes this.
  6. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

She had meant for her question to be light, but, instead, her smile faded as Kylo's gaze turned downwards. She knew that terrible things could happen in a short amount of time, yet some part of her had remained hopeful that this galaxy would be kinder.

The question of if she had heard of people losing their memories caused her lips to tug into a slight frown, then her eyes to immediately widen upon him saying that he forgot he was in love. Of all the things to forget about, that seemed pretty heavy. "Shit," she sighed after a moment, frown deepening. "I'm... That's hard." Revan didn't know how to respond something so heavy, but she would try. "Are... Is the person you love still here?" she asked carefully after a moment.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  7. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo didn’t know Revan well. In fact, the first and only time they’d met, he hadn’t exactly been the same person– he’d been missing a huge part of his life. So he wasn’t sure why he felt the need to tell her, when he could have easily lied. Maybe because, for what little he knew about the woman, he believed she might… understand. If not relate, she’d at least not scorn him for such an awful thing. Revan was the only person he felt inclined to let in on the situation that wasn’t somehow involved in it. Even Rey had personal stake in the matter, being both of their friends.

He nodded once, that yes, she was still here. “Back on the mainland. We’re not... together, at the moment.” He opened his mouth, as though to correct the notion that he was still in love with her. Since him and Jaesa had last spoken, it’d begun to unravel the idea that… that maybe he wasn’t, anymore. But perhaps that he was there, meeting with Revan, instead of down in the Crystal Vales with Jaesa would say enough. “So… yeah. That’s been my month and a half.” His weariness was clear, from his tone to his expression, to the slightly slumped posture of his shoulders. But still, he managed a thin half-smile.

“I hope yours has been better. How’s the space expedition coming along?”

Revan likes this.
  8. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

A small frown formed on her lips at the mention of Kylo and his love not being together, brow furrowing as she attempted to piece together all the information. Considering how this was only their second meeting in person, maybe she had been pressing for too much information, but Revan still saw no reason why she shouldn't open up to others when she didn't know how limited or not her time would be here. Still, she supposed others could be different, as most were far more cautious than she was, and although she related to Kylo a lot more compared to most, he could potentially have a different view of sharing such personal information.

"Oh," she glanced down, glancing into her glass for a moment. She didn't know how to react - she had never (at least, in her memory) gotten far into romantic relationships apart from casual flings and was fairly inexperienced as far as deep relationships went - and she certainly didn't want to make it feel like she was just prying for more information.

She forced a wary smile of her own, hoping to offer some assurance just in her face, yet it turned genuine upon the question of how her space expedition was coming along - a topic she could discuss with far more ease. "Great," she nodded. "I finally got a ship, and it has room for some more passengers, if you're ever looking for something to do. I almost got killed the other day on this planet not too far from here. It's been wonderful."

Kylo Ren likes this.
  9. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo wondered if at times he could be a bit too blunt– letting such heavy information go without much thought. But he had no desire to truly dig into the situation, only explain why he might be a bit different than she’d last encountered him.

So the change of topic was welcome, and even had him grinning a bit, even if the expression felt heavier than normal. ”Oh, good, good. Sounds like you need the help as much as I need the distraction.” He took another sip of the drink, eyeing Revan another moment. ”Do you have any leads? Big monsters, rogue space pirates that need to be dealt with?”

Revan likes this.
  10. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

She took another sip, listening to Kylo - who luckily seemed to lighten a bit at the change of subject, which was certainly a positive. It had never been her intention to talk about anything too serious when he clearly already was having a difficult time, so seeing the hint of a grin on his face was a welcome change.

Her smile widened at what seemed to be his agreement to join (unless she happened to be interpreting his wanting for a distraction wrongly), glad that her offer wasn't awkwardly denied. "Well, I'm pretty sure there are always rogue space pirates. Those are usually just... fun surprises along the way," she shrugged."But I did hear about this giant monster on... I think it's on Ceres? It's supposed to be massive." From what she'd been told it was enormous both in size and the money they'd be paid to defeat it. "So, I want to kill it, but I'm not looking to get myself killed by doing it alone."

11. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo maintained the grin, even as the woman’s words dug at a memory that wasn’t any less painful than his more recent. But that had been months ago, like another lifetime, and this… he didn’t nod his head out of recklessness, not this time. No, this would be fun. …And maybe a little reckless, at the same time.

”And I can't let you do it alone in good conscience,” he replied smoothly, as though he did anything because his conscience bid him. But that was beside the point. ”When do we leave?”

Revan likes this.
  12. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

"You're too kind," she grinned easily at his further confirmation of his willingness to travel across the galaxy and slay monsters with her, but at his question of their leaving date, her smile slightly fell.

Honestly, she hadn't gotten that far since she really hadn't expected he would agree (even if she had hoped so), but by another sip of her drink, she had her answer prepared. "Whenever you're ready. Tomorrow, next week... whatever works for you." The ship was ready; she was ready - all that she was waiting on was Kylo being ready.

13. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Her response, putting the decision in his hands, as though he might have a preference– Kylo snorted. “My grand plans were to have a drink with you and hope you had something interesting to do. I have no idea what I’m doing with anything anymore, so… yeah, I’m free.” His gaze met hers, and with that he tipped back the remainder of the drink, swallowed with a sigh, and then pushed the glass away.

He’d only really started drinking with Jaesa. Because she had… often. But though it certainly helped ease the edges of reality, Kylo also had never liked the lack of control. The dull edge of a world through a haze. He wouldn’t mind if this was his last, for a while.

For all his confusion and uncertainty– he didn’t want to wallow. That would be a disservice to all the hurt he’d caused in going off on his own.

“Hell, let’s start tonight.”

Revan likes this.
  14. Revan

Revan Star Wars

Mercenary
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

Kylo seemed as indecisive as she was, and while that wasn't necessarily a problem since she was happy to drink with him for the rest of the night, it was a slight issue if neither of them could figure out when they were ready.

Awaiting his answer, she took another sip of her drink - which nearly got spat out upon hearing his willingness to start tonight.

"Tonight?" Eyes widening as she swallowed, she set carefully her drink back onto the counter. "I mean, that works for me." They were only on their first drink, so it wasn't like they were too intoxicated to make any decent decisions - it worked. "Like, do you want to get settled into the ship tonight, or do you want to go hunt the monster on Ceres tonight?" She was up for anything, but if they were fighting tonight, she'd definitely have to change her mindset a bit.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  15. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo grinned and chuckled a bit. Maybe he was being a bit too spontaneous in the spirit of moving forward, but... it felt sort of good. His gaze held Revan's, though, and ultimately he shrugged.

"We could start flying that way. Check things out. You can give me the grand tour of the ship, we can rest up and take it in the tomorrow." He raised a brow, observing to see how she reacted to the suggestion. But then, as a tag-on, added, "Also, I don't have an apartment in the city anymore to go back to. So there's that. Don't ask." His ship didn't have any form of sleeping quarters on it, and the apartment had been left torn apart from the last time he'd departed Elysium. Oops.

Revan likes this.