By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Cain Or Abel

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Charles McGill, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Charles McGill

Charles McGill Better Call Saul

Race:
    Human

[​IMG]
    My evidence is knowing my brother for his entire life.
    January 20th Year 8

Chuck was growing more bold about going outside every day now that Jimmy left. His hypersensitivity to electricity was improving and he was building up a tolerance. Still, he couldn't go out and do things himself like he wanted. Most of his clients were by messenger but he still made weekly trips to the grocery store and library. An ad at the library had gotten his attention. A Private Investigator might be just the thing he needed. He needed to prove jimmy had rigged that case, he needed to prove that he was doing things against the law. Even here. Even now. Especially now.

After their argument, he knew that Jimmy had gone off the deep end of the law. He would never be the person he should have striven to be and there was only one way to save him from himself. He needed to lose it all and then have to work from the bottom up. No short cuts, no help, and no good reputation.

Writing to Alias Investigations, he never thought twice about whether or not what he was doing was right. It was.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am in need of your services but have a condition that does not allow me to leave my home. I have enclosed a home visit fee in good faith that you will honor my request. My condition acts as an allergy to electricity, so please leave your cellphone in the lock box outside the door and ground yourself on the metal pole to the right of the bell.

I appreciate your time and look forward to meeting with you.

Best Regards,
    Charles McGill

Enclosed was his address and a check. Chuck had sent the letter a few days ago and thought about it often, hoping someone didn't just cash his check and not show up. He hoped they were more honest than that. He sat at his desk reading about Pandora law, using Jimmy's old room as a study now. Then, the bell rang. He stood, and went to the door, "Hello? How can I help you?" He asked through the door, not opening it.

@Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones and James McGill like this.
  2. Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones Marvel Universe

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Human with abilities
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Honestly she thought about cashing the cheque and pretend she never got the letter because the entire thing sounded weird. Ground yourself on the metal pole had been met with a rather confused expression and wondered what drugs this guy was on before a quick look online told her that yes, people were actually allergic to electricity. And like a sucker she was, she couldn't cash the cheque and walk away. She would see this through.

Or at least get a feel for the situation first and then decide whether or not to proceed.

Upon her arrival to the address that had been enclosed in the letter, Jess was dressed in her typical attire - jeans, boots, jacket. It took only seconds to find the bell and sure enough stood the metal pole. She'd already shut off and placed her phone in the lock box though she had been sorely tempted to keep it with her just in case things went sour - and then realized she could just kick him in the balls and leave if that was the case.

Feeling like an utter asshole, Jessica touched the metal pole, grounding herself as she had read online and to the instructions of Charles' letter. Part of her expected something grand to happen and even she had to admit her slight disappointment in nothing actually happening. Relief for sure but lately things had been boring.

She rang the bell soon after and after a few moments waiting heard a voice. "I'm assuming you're Charles McGill? You sent a letter to Alias Investigations. My name is Jessica Jones and yes I've done what you requested in the letter." The edge of her voice was laced with sarcasm, and it was apparent that Jessica could not go a day without it. Hell could freeze over and she'd still drip sarcasm as if it were her lifeblood.

Charles McGill likes this.
  3. Charles McGill

Race:
    Human

[​IMG]

Chuck had hardly forgotten his request to meet with an Alias Investigations representative, in fact, he waited for it eagerly. Going about his daily routine, Chuck glanced over his door or window now and then, looking for a stranger. He expected a man, of course, this sort of work could be dangerous and a young and smallish woman was not in his mind’s eye as to who would finally greet him if they ever showed up.

Chuck’s ‘condition’ was not a physical one as he professed with all honesty. There were many causes, all of which pointed straight at his little brother but none of them an actual illness other than psychological. Still, Chuck was no liar and would seek mental help if he believed himself in need of it. People around him would gently suggest it, but no one made him truly face it, no one forced him to face facts. Those facts being that electricity did not truly harm or hurt him. Chuck was surrounded with enablers who allowed him to believe he was physically ill for various reasons, some for Chuck’s sake and some for their own sake.

Chuck was a smart man with no history of mental illness, so, when he felt pain, he assumed it was real. Doctors found nothing wrong and he went to several. Fast forward one year and Chuck was a recluse, depending on his little brother for everything, which he provided without complaint, which probably only worsened Chuck’s bitterness.

In any case, their brotherly affection had gone through quite a bit of strain during this time, not to mention years previously where Jimmy cut corners, dabbled in illegal activities, stressing their parents and seemingly never planning on making anything of himself. When their father died after losing his family business, Chuck blamed Jimmy. Their mother did not. It seemed to Chuck that no one saw through to Jimmy’s real self but him, no one would show him he was wrong, no one else would stop him from ruining himself, and worse, those around him.

Chuck found himself face to face with an unexpected surprise when a woman introducing herself as Jessica Jones showed up at his door. He pretended not to be bothered by sudden discomfort when allowing electromagnetic waves to get through an open door as much as he pretended not to be surprised by who was representing Alias Investigations. This sweet looking little brunette against the snow covered ground was not what he expected, but upon a second look, she was clearly tough as nails and he decided to give her a fair chance, “Oh, hi, thank you so much for coming.” He cleared his throat, “You uh, grounded yourself?” He wanted to know.

Letting her in, he rubbed his hands together thoughtfully, “Can I offer you some water or, I just got some fresh bananas.” He picked one up and took a bite, offering her one if she agreed, “Please, have a seat. We’ll get right down to it.” He had a feeling that this young woman would appreciate skipping small talk. Motioning toward a chair in his living room, he began, taking a seat of his own, “I want you to investigate my brother, James McGill and his girlfriend, Irene Adler.”

@Jessica Jones

#3 Charles McGill, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Jen and Jessica Jones like this.
  4. Jessica Jones

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Human with abilities
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    As she stood there waiting for a reply, a chill began to creep up. Breathing in that cold air had been refreshing to begin with until it became more of an annoyance than anything.

Clicking her tongue, Jess didn't have long to wait for her client to respond. Did he really ask her if she grounded herself just after she had told him she had? Evidently he did and she felt her eyes narrow somewhat in response. Folding her arms across her chest, Jessica was silent for a moment. Great, she always seemed to draw crazy to her like moths to open flames. However desperate she was for money, it didn't temper her nature.

"I grounded myself." Jessica reponded, slightly annoyed she hadn't been believed. Kicking up a fuss would only be pointless and so she tilted her head instead as if studying him before following him inside. Letting herself relax, it wasn't as if she would be walking to her doom after all, Jess still look around despite herself. Moments of her life had been fantastic learning tools and while he looked old, that didn't mean she should let her guard down.

Nope, not gonna happen.

Okay she expected something strange but being offered a banana? Pandora really like throwing her more curveballs than she could catch. Quickening her pace so she wasn't left behind, she made it a point to keep up with him.

Reaching for a banana, she took it with a look of thanks, not even bothering to speak those words as she took a bite and listened. She had heard that name before, it was dangling in front of her mind. That was it, that case long ago that he had gone up against Lucy Lane! Understandable it had taken her a moment to come to that realization. Vesting any time and energy into court cases that she didn't care about was pretty normal.

Waiting in case he had anything else to say, it was soon apparent that there wasn't much else. Xanax was probably going to replace whiskey as her go to drink slash drug slash whatever if things carried on this was.

"You want me to investigate your brother and his girlfriend?" Zero good would come out of this, especially having experience when being put between brothers and she really didn't want him to come to regret any actions brought about by what she might find.

"As experience tells me, it's not often people come out of this without regrets. Be mindful that whatever is found, it cannot be undone or forgotten." Chewing on her banana snack, she waited for his confirmation that he was serious because there really would be no going back once it started.

Jen and Charles McGill like this.
  5. Charles McGill

Race:
    Human

[​IMG]

Alright, it was clear this woman would not practice the same kind of patience Jimmy did with Chuck’s condition as evidenced from her short answer about grounding herself. By the time they got into the living room, he was more convinced that this was the right move and the right person because Jimmy would never suspect her and she seemed so self-possessed. Chuck wondered if Jimmy would even suspect that his brother would send an investigator at all, let alone this very young woman, he was so trusting. Despite her words of warning, Chuck had no misgivings. Ending he and Jimmy’s relationship was already written in the stars. Finding no remorse within himself for what he was doing he nodded, “I understand.”

“Given our history and current relationship, what you find is unlikely to surprise me nor will I want it to be undone.” His words might be surprising to someone on the outside but it should be clearer now that Chuck’s love for his brother was diminished to a point of no return. Instead of brotherly love or a sense of protectiveness, Chuck only felt bitterness and a need to see his brother at the bottom where he belonged.

“Justice is my goal, I won’t regret it.” Kindness was not out of Chuck’s range of abilities, but Jimmy would receive no more. Letting her soak in that information for a moment, he spoke again. “My brother is a lawyer who practices in a dubious and, I suspect, illegal fashion. No one else but me will hold him to it. One piece of hard evidence is all I need to simply teach him a lesson. Plus, I would like something on the woman who has put him in danger and ruined his life and our relationship. Questionable business practices, illegal acts, I want it all on the level, no making things up, no funny business.” Really driving his point home, Chuck continued, “So, do you think it’s something you can do?” The fact that Chuck had done this might even impress Jimmy before he flew off the handle for being betrayed.

“Utilizing legal means, I would like you to bring me what you can dig up to prove what I already know about them.” Vocalizing a hmm, Chuck waited for her reply. Would she refuse or think it was ridiculous to attack ones own brother or was money money no matter what the work? Xanthic older man teeth shown through his smile, “You can start right away?” Zapping any hopes of repairing their relationship, Chuck was determined to take his brother down.

@Jessica Jones

Jen and Jessica Jones like this.
  6. Jessica Jones

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Human with abilities
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    This whole thing was weird and not because she was eating a banana with a stranger who had an allergy to electricity. Very few were willing to continue even if the knowledge of it could change a life forever. A lot of people either got angry and defensive or went into complete denial. In her eyes, you had to face whatever was presented because shit wouldn't get better otherwise.

Really, if she had any issues with taking the case, it was dashed the moment he began to explain a little more, going in depth as to why. If there was anything Jessica Jones was good at, it was finding dirt and secrets people tried desperately to hide. It might be a little harder - that would be fine. Jess relished in the idea of a challenge. Better this than stay at home drinking whiskey until she passed out.

Well not quite. Close though.

Jess felt her proverbial hackles raise - did he just insinuate she was the type to make shit up? "You have my word that anything I find will be true. All I have is my professional reputation and I'm not about to ruin that over faking any findings." Meanwhile she would have no qualms about how she got that information, even if that meant sneaky and possibly illegal tactics. Until he spoke about obtaining it via legal means.

Well shit.

Okay, what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him and she would try to make sure that however she pulled this off, it couldn't be traced back to her. "Oh please, this will be child's play. There was a reason why I had been able to complete cases that others failed." Though she didn't outright say it, there was a tone of 'well duh' in her voice that she wasn't about to try and hide.

"I start the moment I walk out that door." If it was solid hard evidence he wanted, she would not contact him, nor return, without it in hand.

Jen and Charles McGill like this.
  7. Charles McGill

Race:
    Human

[​IMG]

Chuck nodded when she explained that all her findings would be the truth as far as she knew, "Good, good." He waved it away as if, of course, he never expected her to give him false information, "I just want the evidence to be indisputable." He confirmed once again, making it very clear that he intended to use the evidence and was very willing to destroy his brother. In case she didn't get it the first time. It was also partly due to Charles' OCD. He needed this to be right. He needed Jimmy to be exposed. He needed to teach his brother a lesson.

"Oh please, this will be child's play..."

Chuck smiled, "I'm glad to see your confidence." He told her, "My brother can be quite clever though, he would have covered his tracks pretty well." he informed her, not as a warning or concern she couldn't do her job, she had made that fairly clear, but as a note to tell her how deep she may have to dive and what methods she might have to start with.

"I start the moment I walk out that door."

Charles smiled again, "Well, Miss Jones, you have given me assurance that you know what you're doing. I'll look forward to our next meeting." He told her.

@Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones likes this.
  8. Jessica Jones

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Human with abilities
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    "It'll be indisputable alright." Jessica replied. This was what she did for a living and she wasn't about to ruin her professional reputation by doing something out of character. She'd deliver any evidence she could find, it would be up to him to make everything count. Did she care about this potentially ruining lives? Well a tiny bit. This was her work and if she wasn't called upon to get any evidence then someone else would. And if they were breaking any law? Even more reason for her to do what she did best.

She might have been an asshole but at least she could admit it. "Dig deep enough and you'll find whatever your looking for." Jess had heard that somewhere, though speaking it she was giving him reassurance that she had no issue with this. There was a reason why she was so damn good and he'd be finding that out soon enough.

Considering he didn't do technology, he would have to contact her via mail. Or maybe get someone to tell her their next meeting. "Just let me know when it is and I should have some information to give." Jessica nodded, pulling herself to her feet. She wanted to get started, not wanting to waste too much time. This was what she knew, it was familiar and familiar equaled comfort. And in such a world where things were more screwed up than New York, she would take that comfort.

Charles McGill likes this.