By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Captain America: Civil War [SPOILER-TASTIC]

Discussion in 'Fandom Discussion' started by Elle, May 3, 2016.

1. Elle

Elle ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD.

Shadowhunters Fanfic Writer
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    So. I'm a piece of garbage and found a link to a camera recording online because I am physically incapable of waiting for Marvel movies. SO I'VE SEEN CIVIL WAR. and I know that quite a few of you overseas have probably seen it as well! So. I'm curious to get thoughts and reactions from people!

Characterization wise, I loved it. Everything was so great and all the characters were well done and hell, I even absolutely loved Spiderman and I've never been a huge spidey fan before but WOW WAS HE SO FUN HERE. And Ant-Man was a gem. And Clint was perfection. Etc. Etc.

My main 'issue' really is that... a lot of stuff happened, yeah. But in the end IDK I felt like for 2 1/2 hours of movie, not a lot really happened. There was a lot of fighting, a lot of 'come on, see my side of this, you're wrong and I'm right', that went around in circles for most of the movie. I guess it was mostly to set up for future things, but I just wish more could've progressed over the course of the film than what did?

I mean, I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong! The fighting was glorious and the tension between the sides and how things wound up hurts my soul in all the best ways. And I also have no comic background so IDK what happens from this point on, or how this compares to the comics and how things played out. I'm curious to get opinions from people who may have comic background!

Shelke, Siri and Fleet like this.
  2. Siri

Siri je suis loser
    Application Division

SO GOOD
    it might be my favoritest one yet!!

so so so so so much better than age of ultron (which i did enjoy despite grievances!!)

this will be disorganized/stream of consciousness (COMPLETELY SHITTY PUNCTUATION) due to my brain still being awestruck while it also tries to re-memorize multivariate distributions

i do have a couple of petty nitpicks which lingered with me after two viewings:
    • shaky cam during lagos fight scenes?? u never used shaky cam during winter soldier WHY START NOW
    • BIG ASS LOCATION FONTS
    • tony not having as great of a relationship with his parents as depicted in prior movies to justify wanting to kill bucky's ass in blind rage during climax you know what i can rationalize this bc he definitely has a morass of suppressed issues and regrets regarding his family and i can see all of that coming to a head as he watches them getting murdered on tape WE'RE GOOD I'M DUMB

general ramblings:
    • they did every character justice!!! all 3493894 of them!!! THAT'S AMAZING
    • black panther was majestic as fuck
    • spider-man was ON POINT
    • during parker's talk with tony, you could really tell (infer??) from his face that uncle ben (now three times dead) was on his mind as he rationalized why he wanted to help out the little guy without them shoving his backstory at your face
    • ant man and his maniacal giant man laughter was so precious
    • "can you move your seat up" "no"
    • "i hate you"
    • bro nod :'))))))
    • helmut zemo was one of the most successfully executed villains since loki. mcu villains tend to be pretttty shallow, and this was absolutely the exception!!! they even made you feel for him during that scene with black panther. like instead of the usual mustache twirling baddie, they actually make him come across as a human being in the little amount of time he had. i know there've been critics mentioning how his involvement was unnecessary, and i disagree with that he was TOTALLY NECESSARY without him the conflict definitely wouldn't have escalated as much as it did. #TeamZemo
    • T'CHALLA WAS MAJESTIC AS FUCK
    • can you imagine how good batman v superman would've been if it was made by the people behind civil war
    • as for how it compares to the comics, this was the superior story by far. even if the scales weren't as much (or as many superheroes duking it out), they definitely made you feel the stakes in the movie. they made you feel for both sides. tony was trying his VERY BEST to hold everything together despite being probably depressed due to messing up w/ ultron and pepper "taking a break" from him, and it all blew up in his face (in the comics he was pretty much just an asshole). meanwhile cap also had equally valid points, and he wasn't wrong to not want bucky killed for something he didn't do. tony and steve were both right in their stances, and they both also made perfectly human mistakes.

obligatory wanda-specific ramblings:
    • HER BEDROOM!!! HAS A GUITAR!!! AND A PHOTO OF A SMALL WHITE HAIRED CHILD!!!! PIETRO!!!!!!! does this retcon him originally having regular brown hair pre-experimentation???? i'm gonna say it does. MUTANT AND PROUD
    • her face when she lost control of the explosion :'((. but hey it would've been much worse if she didn't contain it for as long as she did. YOU TRIED MY SWEET DAUGHTER
    • "i can't control their fear, only my own" heart eyes
    • paprikash
    • "you're pulling your punches" she said to clint, but it was interesting to me that she was basically doing the same thing throughout the movie. like when she threw that one terrorist grunt at sam to take care of instead of dealing with it on her own. or when she's pretty much limiting herself to the sidelines of Airport Fight helping her teammates out. according to the russos if either her or vision went all out that fight would have lasted less than a minute. but her inexperience + lack of confidence + lagos incident makes her too scared of seriously hurting someone (contusions don't count sry tony) to even dare ;___;

man that was a good study break
    THANK YOU ELLE FOR STARTING THIS THREAD

Fleet likes this.
  3. Librus

Librus Player

jijthoi! I just saw it yesterday night! It was amazing and just enforced the fact that Ant-man is now my favorite Avenger! ARGH! The only bad thing about this movie is that it ended!

Fleet likes this.
  4. Elle

Elle ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD.

Shadowhunters Fanfic Writer
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    SERIOUSLY THOUGH every single character was just represented so well I LITERALLY CANNOT HANDLE IT. I've never loved a Spiderman so much as I love this particular version of Peter Parker, and I can't wait for them to do more with him! He totally stole the show for the few minutes he existed in all of this.

I'm really excited to see what more they do with Zemo, though. I wish we knew more. I wish he'd been more active in the forefront of things. I WANT MORE ZEMO.

It doesn't surprise me about the comics story either. Most of what I've heard about Civil War was that people weren't super huge fans of it on average (though that could be skewed and I might just have a circle of friends who happened to not like it) but I was really pleased by how the plot of this started and played out. They told the story really well, and while my original thoughts of 'not a lot really happened besides the same fighting back and forth for 2 1/2 hours?!' I managed to still be very invested in the fighting, and the outcome, and everyone along the way, so clearly they did something right with the storytelling to keep me hooked!

Fleet likes this.
  5. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Okay, so I totally went through an "oh no I think I'm tired of superhero movies" phase bUT I AM NO LONGER IN THAT PHASE THIS IS MY FAVORITE SUPERHERO MOVIE!!!

SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!

Fleet likes this.
  6. Librus

Librus Player

Did you guys stay for the Spiderman scene at the very end? It was awesome!

Fleet likes this.
  7. Shelke

Shelke Guest

I liked it, but it's getting to be the same thing, again.

I liked that I was totally torn. I get why Stark wanted to be regulated. Guuiiiilt much? And that yes, the wanton destruction is baaaaaaaad but equally I could see Rogers' point, that they could be used as political weapons.

But besides Ant-Man (awesome, and Spiderman (awesome) and Tony Stark (RDJ always awesome awesome) the movie was kind of meh. I liked Scarlet Witch too! so much muuuuuse.

But it doesn't matter whether they fight because half of them want tthe Accords and half of them done, or if they all agree. Either way whether they all sign, or don't, they discover Bucky's innocent (because Steve ain't gonna let that go) and they end up at the smash fest at the end.

Course this all means that Tony has to give Steve his shield back in the next movie.

Also

I miss loki