HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Cascade Bay Governor Steps Down

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Loren, May 29, 2017.

1. Loren

Loren Player

During the events of unrest within Cascade Bay, Arthur Pendragon was attacked in his home. He was severely injured and was forced to step down from his position as Governor of Cascade Bay to recuperate, effective from March 16th onward. At this point it is unknown if he’ll try and take back his former position.

I know this is late, but I figured I should get something up! I’m not sure how this’ll go OC? I don’t think I have enough time during the school year to have Arthur be governor and not fall behind (like I have with current plots) and I’d rather him take less integral roles in future Cascade Bay plots because I can’t fully commit to big plots. So! I’m not sure if there should be some sort of election or if we should just say a NPC ran the town until the new season (as it’s coming up very soon) or what.

Let me know!

theweasleyboys likes this.
  2. Librus

Librus Moderator
    Community Relations Division

Aww, I'm sad to see him leave the position but I totally get it. I do believe that the staff has changed it so that elections are no longer required though. It's now more of "whoever signs up for it and has the qualifications can do it" thing now. Basically I think it will be an NPC until someone takes it over. I'm sure someone will though. Then Arthur can pass them the key to the town or something. lol

3. Wolf

Wolf angel without wings
    Community Relations Division

Space Ninja
    Race:
    Tenno; Valkyr
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Aw no D: poor Arthur!

I do know Lexa is vyying for that position because she has lead before and she's trained all her life for it. But I'd rather not be all SHE CLAIMS IT just in case some other character is also interested. And I'm still dealing with medication side effects woo x_x so my activity isn't exactly high atm/

4. Lamelian

Lamelian "Life is about learning to dance in the rain!"

Directory:
    link
    I can not help but feel excited about the entire plot! Frankly, I was away for a short while but work is settling on a normal rhythm, so I have free time! Yayyy! Aside from my issues, Loki would OBVIOUSLY want the position. After, all he is the one behind everything. Of course no one can prove it or know about it but still he was the one pulling the strings. However, he would only try to take the postion if no one else tried because he would not want to give a hint for his dark motives.

theweasleyboys and Billyboy like this.
  5. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    So it sounds like our options are @Lexa and @Loki Laufeyson for next season!

I do want to mention that if Loki wants nobody to know about his motives, then Merlin might be a problem. Loki was one of Ravenna's councilmen and while Merlin was on the run he kind of got stuck in a "partnership" with Loki due to some anti-Ravenna mutual interests. So he knows all about who Loki is. I don't if that's something you would want to touch on or if it could be used as a reason he doesn't take the position if you go that route, but I just wanted to throw it out there because Merlin would be vocal about it!

theweasleyboys and Billyboy like this.
  6. Big Boss

Big Boss Guest

The MSF are planning on creating a Military Base nearby Cascade Bay. Snake and the rest of the soldiers will be watching the proceedings with interest. They're also available to intervene on behalf of whomever needs them to via espionage.

7. Jessamine Kaldwin

Jessamine Kaldwin Dishonored

Governor of Cascade Bay
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    I would love to throw Jessamine on this, though she's a newcomer and just landed in Cascade Bay. Trouble stalks this Ex-Empress wherever she goes....

The biggest thing would be that she'd want to keep as many government entities in their place as possible, to help . She would make @Lexa the Leader of the Gaurdsmen, so Lexa could become a Leader there. She'd maybe create a new division for mages, making @Loki Laufeyson the head of creating that. She'd also create a bunch of new positions, that maybe @Big Boss could help with, like increased surveillance and such?

Of course, she can't do any of this unless she's chosen as the next Governor. Which I feel would be hard to do, considering she just got here this season. Maybe she challenges Lexa and Loki to a General Election? OR meets with them both and offer them the above positions? Lots of political maneuvering, yah feel? Maybe Loki pushes her on the seat because he feels as if he could potentially manipulate her trusting nature? Less him in the position and more him pulling the strings?

If you guys don't like this newcomer coming in and such, I totes understand. *rolls away back to bad plot island*

theweasleyboys, Lexa and Emma Swan like this.
  8. Big Boss

Big Boss Guest

The MSF would be available as a Militia until the Bay creates one. The recent attacks are a good excuse to install them, and they'd be repaid by being granted rights to build a base on the island they're planning on taking as Mother Base.

9. Jessamine Kaldwin

Governor of Cascade Bay
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    So @Big Boss Are you looking to have MSF declare allegiance to CB as a militia? Cause that seems against their code....

Or are you offering them as a very temporary defense? Since clearly CB is suffering from lack of force needed to keep their citizens in line? Once a defense is created you'll withdraw? that way: they can establish themselves on CB without the government getting rid of them?

10. Big Boss

Big Boss Guest

To MSF it'd just be another contract. One of their services as a PMC is to act as a temporary militia for a nation whilst helping to train their own soldiers. MSF would still go to war with Cascade Bay is hired to at a later date (They won't switch sides whilst under a contract)

11. Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson Marvel Universe

Prince of Asgard
    Race:
    Frost Giant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    I like the idea of having Loki becoming something like a consultant to the new government about magic and politics (since he is also a prince), instead of having a direct position. He is also member of the Justice League, so there is a conflict of interest too. He would not participate in any kind of elections but would actually support @Jessamine Kaldwin in order to gain power through a different path. He would offer advice, leading her down a darker path. Plus this would not trigger @Merlin Ambrosius 's concerns right?! Since he just wants what is best for the town...

12. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    I don't think Merlin will ever think Loki just wants what is best for the town. xD He knows him too well for that already and we all know how stubborn Merlin is when he is paranoid about a baddie.

But it could be fun conflict anyway! We'll figure something out!

13. Lexa

Lexa The 100

Chief of the Guard
    Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Lexa would be perfect for leading the guardsmen. As much as she would want to lead the entire town, it's a different world compared to what she lead back home. So though she is a great leader, I think it would be more beneficial for her to lead the guards rather than be governor. So there won't be too much opposition from Lexa ^^

14. Jessamine Kaldwin

Governor of Cascade Bay
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Neat >D Thanks ya'll for your support!

Her plans for Cascade Bay would probably be the following:
    1.) Establishment of a Magic Research Division headed by @Loki Laufeyson
    -The argument being that they should no longer be so reliant on Pandora Town's magical division. Focus will be working with the Mage's Guild
    - @Merlin Ambrosius she'd possibly like to discuss funding your school, so that future generations of mages here in Pandora have access to a great school. Get more kids/young mages involved as students.

2.) Establishment of a Navy
    -The argument is that Cascade Bay has been walled in and hiding for too long from the dangers of the sea.
    -The Navy will be in charge of patrolling the Bay for Pirates and Smugglers, and keeping the Bay safe from any kind of Sea Monsters that may dwell out there. Piracy will be a crime with consequences.
    -The Navy will also be in charge of exploration of the mysterious sea, including discovery and mapping of any new islands or magical phenomenon.

3.) Re-imagined Gaurdsmen
    -Of course run by @Lexa
    -In charge of peacekeeping within the area and defense
    -Formation of a Detective Unit which will be responsible for specialized crime solving (stuff like solving murders and assault cases, in fact their first job will be to find out who actually assaulted @Yuri Plisetsky and bring them to justice) @Emma Swan will probably be recruited as the head of the detective unit, and she will answer directly to Lexa and Jessamine herself.
    -The Gaurdsmen's ranks will be bolstered by @Big Boss mercenary group until more people sign up.

5.) Creation of Fruit Farms on the Tibetan Islands
    -As there are different fruits and such on these islands, she'll be very interested in creating actual farms to cultivate these particular fruits.
    -This probably cannot happen until the Islands are cleared out of pirates and monsters. But as each island is cleared, she'll be establishing a Farm to grow _____ fruit for trade and sell.
    -The Farms will be run by the workers and citizens of Cascade Bay, and Government funding will go into their cultivation and protection.

So does all that sound good for folks? Obviously there will be lots of problems going along with it, including salty pirates (lol get it, cause they salty???) and the fact that they have to do all this from the ground up. But her overall goal is to turn Cascade Bay into a profitable and safe Sea-Town that people will actually want to stay and work in. <3

#14 Jessamine Kaldwin, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  15. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    heyhey

now that Cascade's being fancy

someone could investigate why this idiot face ---> [​IMG] would attack Arthur Pendragon

maybe he attacked Yuri too, U DONT KNOW

cuz mai guy wont surrender to clear his name, he is going through a chaotic good phase

16. Jessamine Kaldwin

Governor of Cascade Bay
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @Superman I'm sure we can add that to the plot board! ;)

Also @Lamelian @TheNowhereMan and @Lexa I'm off tutoring for the next couple hours. When I get back, I'm getting this shit started with a current event for Mid/late July. Speak now, or forever hold your peace <3

17. Lamelian

Lamelian "Life is about learning to dance in the rain!"

Directory:
    link
    @Jessamine Kaldwin You have Loki's FULL support on this!! ( And mine obviously hahaha!!!) And I love those ideas. Let's do it!!

@Merlin Ambrosius Hehehe. I know Merlin wouldn't trust him and I don't blame the guy!!! He surely have a looot of reasons but Loki would try to change his mind. And we NEED a little conflict. It makes life more interesting! ^_~

18. theweasleyboys

theweasleyboys Silly Denizen of the Sewer Tunnels

Resident Snarker
    Race:
    Hummingbird
    Directory:
    link
    Just finished reading up on everything, I'm kinda slow and probably always will be, haha...!!

Anywho, just gonna say that Jefferson is just taking all of this in, while Gerold Hirschberg will probably also be watching just a little bit, too. Because I still have to get him signed up with MSF, sooo yeah, he's not doing a lot at the moment.

As for Billyboy, he's off cooling his heels elsewhere and most likely won't be noticing a single thing until the coming fall season. Once he does come back, though...he'll be definitely keeping one eye over his shoulder, because he won't like the ideas of powered people continuing to walk all over him and/or having to say goodbye to some pirate NPC's who kept him from starving to death.

(putting this all down now so it doesn't throw any wrenches into the gears of this island at the present time. Hope this helps.)

Jessamine Kaldwin likes this.
  19. Jessamine Kaldwin

Governor of Cascade Bay
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @theweasleyboys
    Hopefully when you get him signed up, Gerold will help MSF with the security issues. <3 That'll be some nice plots. Jess started off working with MSF, so maybe she knows who he is and trusts his judgement? That'll be nice?

Interesting that you brought up Billyboy, but for sure Jess wants @Emma Swan to also look into what happened to him. She's actually super afraid that he got kidnapped or killed off by either A) the Governor or B) the same people who fucked with Yuri so she'll want to know if he's living and breathing.

And give him tea.... and offer his guard job back if he still wants it. And ask his help to make Cascade Bay safer so that he doesn't have to hide out anymore. Cause Jessamine is the Queen of giving people 4th chances. <3

But I'm assuming Billyboy has gotta trust fall first. Im sure if he is leaning on the mercy of pirates he won't be too happy with her declaring it a crime. ;_; sorry Billy

20. theweasleyboys

theweasleyboys Silly Denizen of the Sewer Tunnels

Resident Snarker
    Race:
    Hummingbird
    Directory:
    link
    @Jessamine Kaldwin :: Two words...AH JEEZ. There is literally a continent full of issues with this kid, beginning with being born into a literal hell-world and ending with at least two wars and dealing with an evil queen, soooo. Pretty much (for lack of a better description), it could be looking like the picture below when fall rolls around.

[​IMG]

But yasss. Bring in @Emma Swan , and any other gumshoes that might be willing to take a stab at this playing possum missing persons situation.