By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Catching Up

Discussion in 'Centria' started by Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    February 7th
    @Chuuya Nakahara
    It'd been some time since Shiro had seen Chuuya. Too long if you asked him though he'd been delighted to receive a most unexpected and touching gift from said man over the holiday season. He'd enjoyed the gift over the duration of a few well deserved nights off and too himself. His wounds had healed up for the most part from his time in the arena though he had a nasty ring around his neck to show for his efforts and those damned collars. Nothing a polo neck or scarf couldn't fix. Shifting the scarf he currently wore, Shiro had made the trip down from Elysium to Centria in order to meet up with Chuuya, to thank him again for all he had done and to generally catch up.

Just as Shiro was hoping that the ho head had managed to keep himself out of danger for the most part, he heard a waiter bring over the tea he had ordered for the both of them, thanking the woman with a kindly smile on his face before he looked back out the glass wall he was sitting in. Pandora hadn't changed much or maybe it just seemed that way since he wasn't around on the mainland to notice those differences that no doubt did happen. Lifting one of the cups to his lips, Shiro sniffed at the chai tea within before he took a little sip, his gaze lifting when he spotted a familiar head of hair coming down the street.

Sitting up a little in his seat, the elder lifted one of his hands and waved at Chuuya through the glass, hoping to catch his eye before he had entered the cafe. Vastly different in scenery compared to the place they had first met in all things considered, but still somewhere much preferred. Shiro still had flashbacks to the arena, the things he had done, sometimes he was having a hard time telling the difference between his time with the Galra and when he met Chuuya, but the nightmares had begun to slow down in regularity at least. But he needn't think about that now, not when he couldn't stop smiling at just seeing the younger man again.

[OOC: I couldn't remember a specific date so if this one doesn't work let me know!]

Chuuya Nakahara likes this.
  2. Chuuya Nakahara

Chuuya Nakahara Bungo Stray Dogs

Freelance / Criminal
    Race:
    Human (Vessel of Arahabaki)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    It had been a good idea to send Shiro that New Year’s gift, as well as enclosing his cell phone number. While they had met in really difficult circumstances, Chuuya felt that they worked together pretty well and that while the man was reserved, Shiro was a cool guy.

He’ll never forget the look of the guy’s face when Chuuya used his Ability to tear open the arena’s cage.

So, when they started texting each other and suggested to meet up, Chuuya was more than happy to accept. A part of him felt that this would have been his life if he was someone...normal. If he had parents, a job and went to school.

Unfortunately, not the life of a Port Mafia Executive. But he could still savor this while it lasted.

His attire was pretty casual compared to his usual one (or what he wore for ‘work’), but it was pretty warm. The hat and gloves stayed—he’d rather drink beer than to not have his gloves or hat.

The redhead smiled and waved back at Shiro when he saw the other through the window. He picked up his pace and soon made his way to the table the man had gotten for them.

“Hey, Shiro. It’s good to see you again.” He replied with an easy smile, taking a seat and noticing the tea on the table. He hoped that the man was well...all things considered. He wondered if the man still had panic attacks or nightmares—and he hoped that he had people to stand by him in that time.

“So, I’m glad you wanted to meet again. I hope you’re doing well?”

3. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Smiling brighter yet as his friend joined him, Shiro felt a lot better now he was face to face with the younger man after what felt like a rather long time. He gestured to the tea with his robotic arm, offering it to Chuuya for him to enjoy at his leisure should he wish to.
    "Of course. I'm sorry I didn't meet you sooner, things got a little hectic again. But thank you for my present, it was so unexpected and kind of you." It had been the first time in a while Shiro had felt actually surprised in the happy kind of way, surprises weren't his favourite thing but... Chuuya had outdone himself.

He avoided the question about being well, often finding himself having to lie to people and tell them of course he was fine, as it had become a habit of his not to want to make people worry over him any more. Instead he worded things a little differently so Shiro could feel comfortable and find a half truth to share at least.
    "Can't say I've had anything adventurous happen since we last saw one another." Shiro murmured, chuckling softly to himself before he picked up his own tea and cradled the cup to warm his left hand.

"What about you? Had to fight your way out of any arenas since last we spoke?"

4. Chuuya Nakahara

Freelance / Criminal
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    The shop was warm, as he took off his jacket, scarf, and hat before taking his seat. He nodded at Shiro before gingerly grasping the teacup, muttering, “Thanks.” While he was more of a coffee guy when it was early in the morning, tea was a great substitute as well.

“That’s fine. We both have our obligations—hope whatever made your life hectic wasn’t too shitty.” He still wasn’t exactly sure what kind of job Shiro had but he could figure it out or just ask the guy. Back when he was in the Mafia, looking up someone’s job would be child’s play. But things were different, and he didn’t want to snoop into his friend’s background.

Chuuya smiled at the other man, “I’m glad you liked it. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if you’d want something like that...but I wanted to give you a gift for New Year’s.” It had been ages since he’s given a gift to someone that wasn’t part of the Mafia; the only one he’d actually shared gifts with yearly was actually Kouyou. He’d be always grateful to his mentor and considered her family. There was something he gave to that waste of bandages once, but he doubted the asshole kept it.

Chuuya took a sip when Shiro half avoided the question; he’d expected that, to be honest. He could tell that Shiro was a private man and that he’d more than likely didn’t want people to worry about it. So, he appreciated when he at least gave him a half-truth—meant that Shiro didn’t feel he needed to coddle Chuuya.

“At least you had some time to relax, hopefully. Though if anything did happen, punching people is always an option,” Chuuya responded with a wink, hoping that would get a laugh out of Shiro at least.

He’s been in fights since them; mostly with enemy gangs, cops or just stupid suicidal punks. “I can tell you I haven’t been in any fights I didn’t want to be in. Mostly due to my job; I do freelance now, with some extra on the side. What about you? Is work going well?”

5. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Nothing I haven't been able to handle before." Shiro promised, smiling a little to himself before he looked down at his own mug when he felt he couldn't hold that smile as long as he would have liked to. Glancing back up as Chuuya explained his reasoning behind the unexpected gift, it brought a smaller but more genuine smile to the paladin's mouth, his features softening slightly instead of looking as tired as he always seemed to be.
    "I'm going to have to return your kind gift with something. I know this... probably isn't so much what you preferred, but if you'd like to go get some drinks later I'd be happy to." The elder didn't drink much, but if it was more Chuuya's scene than this cafe with tea, he'd be happy to switch.

Besides, it was all about the company.

The paladin snorted unexpectedly when his friend suggested punching as a resolve for problems, Shiro quickly covering his mouth and clearing his throat as if trying to brush off the noise.
    "Not sure if we fix our problems the same way, but I'll keep that in mind." He promised, chuckling under his breath for a moment more before he looked back at Chuuya once more.
    "Freelance? What do you freelance in, Chuuya?" Shiro was trying to remember if the other man had mentioned a job before and what he was doing now, only hoping freelancing didn't include working for more shady people and getting his hands dirty.

He had faith in Chuuya not doing that. Waiting for his answer and queries to be cleared up, Shiro instead leaned back in his chair a little better, his laying along his chair before he propped his chin in his palm.
    "Took a little time for me to go back on patrol for obvious reasons, but then once I got over it enough to get back out there, its not so bad. Mostly pick pockets, some underground drug busts- though I tend to just happen upon the latter." He wasn't even joking. Apparently Pandora had a sick sense of humour and enjoyed watching Shiro run into scenarios he'd rather have just avoided.

6. Chuuya Nakahara

Freelance / Criminal
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    “That’s kind of you—but I didn’t send you a gift because I expected something in return. Besides, I kind of hoped we’d hang out anyway; drinking, if you want, or anything really. There are a few things I never managed to do, so I’m considering trying them out here.” Maybe it was wishful thinking, but Shiro was the type of person he could see being friends with. If he had a different life, had parents and had been like most kids...well, things would have been different.

No Arahabaki. No Sheep. No Port Mafia...and no Dazai Osamu.

Chuuya wondered how his life would have been if it was different, more often than before.

At least, the comment about punching his problems made Shiro amused, making Chuuya smile. “Not every situation can be tackled the same, but punching does have its uses.” Especially when it came to knocking sense into people.

“Private security and being a bodyguard. I’m good at fighting, so I decided to put that to good use.” He was also in the illegal business but Shiro would definitely not approve of that; so it was best he didn’t know. Besides; that was Corruption’s work department, not Chuuya’s.

He took another sip of the tea before he continued. “I also do poetry...but that’s more of a hobby.” He didn’t know why he said that, but he could feel his cheeks burning of embarrassment by saying that. He’d taken that hobby while with the Sheep but utilized it more after joining Port Mafia. They offered education and writing poetry was...calming. It was one of the few things he found solace in; a part of him that he thought not even Dazai knew about him. But with his intellect, Dazai might already know about his hobby.

He listened to how Shiro’s work had gone; he had the hunch of Shiro being in law enforcement since not many wore those kinds of uniforms. Good thing he had never mentioned what he was doing in Elysium as well—it wasn’t something too...illegal. Mostly just delivering stuff and roughhousing people in paying back other people.

“If you’re mostly get involved with the latter, I’d say you are a magnet for the underground. Elysium did have a chunk of criminal activity—Ark City has a fair amount of it too, but the law handles things.”

Chuuya glanced down and looked at the remaining liquid in his teacup. “I never asked you before, but have you reunited with friends from your own world?”

7. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Well Christmas will be around the corner soon enough. And until I find out your birthday, if it hasn't already passed, either way yo're going to get something." Shiro was stubborn about these things, when someone extended kindness to him he took it upon himself to repay that kindness - even if the meeting had been as unconventional as their own. A small 'Ahh' left the elder when Chuuya explained what he was doing, nodding his head as he figured that really did make the most sense.
    "Do you enjoy it?" He asked curiously, tilting his head to the side as in the short time he'd known Chuuya he didn't figure the man to be someone who enjoyed answering to other people.

Shiro's eyes widened when his friend mentioned poetry as well, leaning in slightly with interest clear in his face as he did so.
    "Poetry? I didn't... have you pinned for that kind of thing. I'm happily surprised. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some of it with me at some point?" He asked, not the biggest fan of poetry but quite interested to see what kind of things Chuuya would write about. Shiro noticed though the way his friend seemed to react to his own job description, one of his brows raising though he didn't question it, not now at least.

He'd like to keep this friendship as long as possible.

"Oh-" Yeah he totally hadn't told Chuuya that he wasn't a loner here. To be fair, their last meeting hadn't exactly given them the time to do so.
    "You're right, we didn't get to that. But yeah, I have my friends here. Some of them keep coming and going... different times but the people I know. Some I haven't met yet but have heard of at least." He left out the part where one of them had died in his arms only to come back rather shortly afterwards and leave a sort of emotional whiplash.
    "Keith has been here the longest. You... actually remind me a bit of him. I can imagine a meeting between the two of you might be on the explosive side. Interesting to say the least."

8. Chuuya Nakahara

Freelance / Criminal
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    “Well, I guess you’ll keep guessing then; I can just confirm that my birthday is in spring.” He said diplomatically. Now his birthday...well, it was on April the 29th.

It had been in the files Rimbaud had found, that ended up in the boss’ hands after his death. It had been what motivated him to become an executive since only those of that rank could read the files. And he learned a few things about what had happened with the Arahabaki—and a bit about himself. But not about any remaining family. To be honest, he doubted he would have looked for them since they were more than likely dead...and there was no going back to the boy he’d been before.

Chuuya ‘s brow furrowed at Shiro’s question, putting some thought to the question, “I guess, it’s yes and no. I do what I do best, though I don’t really like taking orders when I know how to do my job. My work back home was pretty similar, though there was also some...business stuff involved in it. But I didn’t want that since I fucking hate companies.” It was also the fact that he’d been in the illegal and mafia business since before he was ten. You can’t really change something you’ve been used to your whole life.

Shiro’s reaction was expected, but it wasn’t unwelcome. “Yeah, I know I don’t seem the type—I’m told I have a good singing voice, though that’s the same as poetry; a hobby. At least you’re not mocking me for my interests.” While he hid the poetry part of him well, Dazai messed with him so many times with his singing—always singing his stupid song about suicide to piss him off.

His face flushed when Shiro asked if he could read some. “Uh...I’ve never—well if you wouldn’t mind? I haven’t really given any of my poetry to someone and I’d actually like the critic. Though, I’m gonna give a warning that my poetry isn’t...really happy. Hope you’re okay with that in the future.”

It was good to hear that Shiro wasn’t alone here. Chuuya had heard about the weird time continuities and he nodded as he listened to the other. “That must suck,” A part of him knew that there was a fifty chance for anyone he knew could come here as well. And he sure as hell didn’t want to think of fucking Dazai coming over.

The mention of this ‘Keith’ perked Chuuya’s interest—nobody had actually told him that he reminded them of someone, so it was something new. “Oh? I’m flattered I remind you of him. I’m tempted to ask why you might feel it’ll end up explosive though. Does he beat up people if they comment on his height?” He asked jokingly, with a smirk on his face. Maybe he could tease Shiro a little bit.

9. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Oh? A spring baby, huh?" Suddenly things were clicking into place, not that Shiro bought into that stuff much but he was piecing together the general softer side his friend seemed to posses. Who would have known a guy who could throw someone across an arena without a second thought had as many hidden talents as his friend seemed be gifted with? Shiro wasn't sure if he could make it in time for spring, in terms of doing something special for Chuuya, but he would definitely see what he could do about making up for it in time. He didn't have any intention of falling out of contact with him anyway.

"That's on problem to me. Poetry is an outlet for a lot of writers. If what you write comes out lie that then that's that. I'll just be happy to read any of what you want to show me to be honest." Shiro wasn't here to judge and he didn't want Chuuya thinking he was just for the happy times, whether that was in his poetry or their friendship in general. Though he would have thought the latter was obvious considering they'd decided to stay in contact after a less than conventional first meeting.

Shiro tilted his head back a little when the comment about height was made, amusement in his features before he nodded his head after another moment.
    "He's not the biggest fan about being teased over his height, especially when he's the second shortest in the group. But he's fierce, he's a fighter and he doesn't give up. I suppose that's what came to mind first when I thought you reminded me of him." Was it weird comparing Chuuya to someone he was dating? Maybe. Though he was friends with Keith long before anything romantic came about, great friends in fact - as he hoped he'd continue being with Chuuya.

10. Chuuya Nakahara

Freelance / Criminal
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    He chuckled at that comment. “Yup, that I am.” It was a bit strange to talk about this with someone that was close to him. Sure, Shiro and he went through an experience, but some people might not have called it a blooming friendship. Hell, how he met with Dazai, was anything but that.

It was blackmail, curiosity...betrayal and ending up finding a place to belong to.

Some people have called him cruel and mean, but that never changed who he was. Sure, he can be those and more, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have emotions like anyone else...despite his origins.

Doing things like this, having normal conversations, made him feel human.

A genuine smile came to him at Shiro’s words. “I’d like that. Though I don’t have any on me now and I could definitely send them to you...but I think I’d like to hear your reaction if I read them to you.” He shifted when he realized what he said, “I mean, if you got time or something like that in the future. We’re both busy men.”

As Shiro talked about this friend of his—Keith—Chuuya got the feeling that Shiro was quite fond of this man. But he wouldn’t pry on his relationship unless Shiro wanted to say. But he could relate to this Keith.

“I can definitely relate to this guy; both with not giving up and hate being teased—I had my fair share of it for years by one asshole. You’re making me interested in meeting this Keith. Does he share the same job as you or did he go with something different? You make him sound like the type itching for some action, not staying put for long.”

#10 Chuuya Nakahara, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 1:52 PM
  11. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    It was fair to say Shiro was even more surprised when his friend offered to actually perform the pieces of poetry to him. He had no doubt it showed on his face as he stared at the other man, his mouth hanging open just a little before he caught himself and realised he probably wasn't making the best impression of the offer just staring like that. Quickly collecting himself, the paladin ran a hand through the front of his white hair and laughed to himself, apologising for the brief moment of dumb staring on his part.
    "Sure, Chuuya. I'd love do that. There's really no better way to hear poetry other than from the creator themself, right? At least if they're alive." Shiro gestured to his friend with the joke in some attempt to ease the other in case he was upset with the earlier response.

"When I'm home I'll check my schedule and then let you know when I'm free. Considering one of my friends is my boss, he'll be happy to let me go hang out with you, I'm sure." Hunk being his boss was lax and a little weird but it worked and at times like these.
    "Keith? He's a paladin as well. Over here he's taken to doing other jobs like hunting and such. It puts his skills to use and keeps him busy, since he can't stay in one place for long." Shiro smiled a little as he thought about the younger man before glancing up at Chuuya once more.
    "He is a little younger than you though." He added on, unsure if that was really going to make a difference as it didn't for him.

Talking to Chuuya was easy, the both of them joking with one another before Shiro had finally realised how late it had gotten. He didn't know when the sun had disappeared and the streetlights had come on, but the chill in the air was more than enough for him to want to head home, and to make sure his friend got him alright too.
    "I'm sure I'll see you again soon, Chuuya." Shiro began, both of them standing outside the cafe they had spent the better part of the day inside. The elder did his usual, shaking hands with Chuuya which might have seemed formal to others but it was just... Shiro. When he was done he let go, turning towards the direction of home for himself after wishing the other man a good night, though calling over his shoulder just before he disappeared around a corner.

"And try not to get yourself in any more trouble!"

12. Chuuya Nakahara

Freelance / Criminal
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Chuuya shifted in his seat when he saw Shiro’s surprise. He should have expected it since he doubted people just offered to their friends to talk about poetry. But it...was something that he liked, and he’d rather share it with someone that he knew would appreciate it. Someone that he knew wouldn’t judge or tease him about his likes.

The redhead couldn’t help but chuckle at the response. “Well, hopefully, I won’t be dying anytime soon.” It was more of a joke, but a part of Chuuya needled at him that it was only a matter of time since he was a ticking time-bomb whenever he used Corruption.

But he didn’t need to use that part of himself here. He was safe...for now.

His eyebrows perked when Shiro mentioned his boss was his friend, before tilting his head to the side in question. “Some would consider that unprofessional, but it works for others.” Chuuya knew for a fact that he could never see Mori as a friend. A leader and mentor, yes...but not a friend. A leader needed to both reachable and unreachable to his subordinates.

He listened as Shiro talked about Keith before their conversation shifted. It went to work, to hobbies, to some of Shiro’s adventures back in his world and how things were. It was easy to talk, comfortable and...good. With Shiro, he felt normal. Felt like he was a normal person talking and sharing these experiences, despite his background.

It soon got late and they split the tab before they said their goodbyes. “Definitely. I’ll text you and we can find something in our schedules.” He smiled at the last response. “Same goes for you! Take care.”

And with that, they took out, each going a separate way but their paths would cross again.

The End