HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Char items and falling skies

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Tess, May 14, 2018.

1. Tess

Tess Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I cannot find it. I've been told that characters arrive in Pandora basically with whatever they're wearing or have on them at the time and that's it. And also that items sometimes fall from the sky? So, my questions would be:

1. How do chars get more stuff from their worlds? Like, I know Batman has more than one batsuit. Did he create these on Pandora or were they from his world, and if the latter, how did that happen?

2. How does the items falling from the sky thing work? Has it rained like, hotel shampoos or Pez or anything? Can it? Can people be injured by falling... cars or Air Nikes or live tigers? Also, if you're a witch, does that make you more vulnerable to falling houses and if not, can that be a thing because I'm just so in love with that idea.

Um, thank you for putting up with this.

Sabine likes this.
  2. Sabine

Sabine Moderator
    Plots & Events Division

I think I can answer most of this!

They do arrive with what is on their person, some can be carrying something and some have even arrived in a car or spaceship! Batman could arrive in the Bat Mobile, Mal Reynolds arrived in Serenity before, etc. Otherwise, items could be made or manufactured here in Pandora, probably very close to the original by the characters themselves.

As far as I know it has never rained Pez, but people can absolutely get hurt. If the Bat Mobile entered and struck someone, they could be hurt or killed. I believe things only enter as characters do however and not randomly unless it is an Admin run plot. I am not certain of this so I will make sure an Admin sees this to make sure that's correct!

Tess likes this.
  3. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    This is super late BUT:

1. It's perfectly fine for your character to find canon objects in Pandora after their arrival! It doesn't necessarily need to be made in Pandora, you just need to have a thread where they actually find it if you didn't mention it in their app. Additionally, if it will give your character any new abilities or advantages (such as a large vehicle or an armor set or special weapons), you'll need to do an edit to your character's application to reflect it. Having something made in Pandora is also an option, but again you'll need to show IC evidence of it as well as do an edit/reapp if it's an item of significant advantage.

2. We don't heavily moderate this sort of thing unless you're wanting some kind of all-powerful weapon to drop into your character's lap. Otherwise, if you want your character to experience a sudden Pez-shower, by all means! In fact I think we would probably love to see those kinds of random, silly plots because that definitely reflects the chaotic/unpredictable nature of Pandora.

Tess likes this.
  4. Tess

Tess Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Hey! No worries on lateness!

1. Okay, when you say "find" I'm picturing Tim finding the wrist computer from one of his past costumes up in a tree or in a bush or something. Is this what you mean by "find" or do you mean like see it at a bazaar or in a shop? Or both?

2. I have no desire for anything that would nerf Tim into a new bio entry. I was thinking more like, Pop Tarts or one of his Nintendo handhelds or a skateboard or superhero band-aids that have everyone except Batman or maybe boxes of mac and cheese.

5. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    1. Either or!! The Pantheon pulls both people and objects into Pandora, so it's possible for Tim to stumble upon a costume randomly or he could find his wrist computer for sale in the Pandora Town Bazaar because some other character found it and decided to make money off of it.

2. Yeah, that's all totally fine!!

Tim Drake likes this.