By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

chasing literal ghosts

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Peggy Carter, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Peggy Carter

Peggy Carter Marvel Universe

agent of ARMOUR
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    April 15, Year 7
    tag: @Danny Fenton

For all that she had spearheaded work with the Strategic Scientific Reserve, Peggy Carter was not as accustomed to mad science before she had been brought to Pandora. The Red Skull's quest for the occult, while not entirely misdirected, had lead them down many paths of mythology and legend, but ultimately he was limited using the Tesseract as a supercharged power source (not that the Cube could really ever properly fit any term with the word "limiting" in it).

It was with no small grain of salt that she persued the only other clue to this doppleganger business as a "phantom vigilante." Not that chasing ghosts in Misty Hollow wasn't extraordinarily akin to searching for shady muscular fellows down by the docks.

Peggy was afraid her investigation would have to conclude inconclusive until something else struck their towns. She could only count herself lucky, she supposed, that she had yet to encounter anyone that had duplicated herself. Dottie Underwood's last disguise had been uncanny enough to be offputting, and that was even acknowledging Peggy's own experience with how well a drastic change of hair color could hide a woman's identity.

She sighed and continued through the town, resigned to at least have a nice cup of tea before hopping back through the portal to write up another report on the matter.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  2. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "SUPER!" Danny cried, his eyes blazing bright green with fury. The half ghost sped after his doppleganger at a high rate of speed, his white hair whipping wildly as he flew through the mist laden streets. Super was just ahead, the white blanket that used as a makeshift cape flapping furiously. Danny's gloved hand stretched out, the tips his fingers nearly touching the fabric. Then it was gone. Super whipped around a corner at the last second while Danny continued straight, forcing Danny to turn around. "Come back here!"

"What's a matter my downtempered double? Can't keep up?" Super teased. "Why not just give up and give it to me?"

"Because it's mine!" Danny cried. "I gave you your own blanket, stop stealing my sheets!"

"But this is the only white one!" Super shot back.

Danny pushed himself even faster, rapidly accelerating to catch up to the dopple as they sped through the streets. Suddenly, Super stopped and turned intangible. Danny cried out as he passed harmlessly through his double. BANG! Danny slammed face first into a wall. Super laughed.

"I win this one Danny!" Super sped off, leaving Danny to moan on the ground and he peeled his face away from the brick. He gently rubbed it with one hand while using the other hand to steady himself as he got to his feet.

"Why do I even bother?"

Peggy Carter likes this.
  3. Peggy Carter

Peggy Carter Marvel Universe

agent of ARMOUR
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    With the very erratic way things had been going for her, Peggy wasn't sure if she was more surprised or alarmed when suddenly the person - people, rather, or ghosts? - she had been looking for sped directly past her. While the one disappeared just as suddenly, the other didn't appear to have the same luck and instead found himself well acquainted with the side of a building.

Peggy, admittedly, did not have much (or any) experience with ghosts, but it at the very least had not looked like something pleasant to experience. Brow furrowed with concern, she approached the ghost and fussed over if it would be worth it to offer a hand for assistance or not. He'd certainly seemed tangible enough when he'd crash landed....

"Excuse me," she called. "Are you all right?" She felt absurd, asking a teenager with a clear imprint of bricks in his face if he was going to be okay, but she lacked any other ideas for how to approach him. "Can I call someone, perhaps? About your.... Friend?"

Danny Fenton likes this.
  4. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Huh?" Danny looked over at the women who addressed him and he suddenly became completely aware of his audience. His cheeks turned bright pink as the embarrassment caught up to him. In an effort to save some of his dignity, he quickly pulled his hand away from the wall and stood as straight as he could. "Oh, uh, yeah, I'm okay."

Danny flashed her a polite smile, as if that would convince her that he was alright or even make her forget that she saw anything in the first place. It probably wouldn't work since Danny's powers didn't extend to mind control, but he could dream.

"Call someone?" Danny asked. What did she mean- oh, no. Sudden panic and realization hit Danny. Was she going to ask the Defenders to go after Super. Crud! "No!" Danny cried. "I-I mean... it's fine. This happens all the time. Roommate stuff, you know?"