By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Child of Mine

Discussion in 'Pandopolis' started by Thalassa Gramarye, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Thalassa Gramarye

Thalassa Gramarye Ace Attorney

Freelance Singer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    November 14th, Year 108

[​IMG]
    Thalassa closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. There she was, right by the door to Apollo's home. All she had to do was knock... All truths she had to share were just a knock away, and yet she'd found herself having frozen up as she was about to tap her fist on the metal. How was she going to tell him she was his mother? How would she tell him that for a few years, she'd remembered that he and Trucy were siblings? ...How would she approach the death of her first love being murdered, and not trying to go find her baby despite being told they'd both died - especially without crying herself? After a few seconds of almost going away had passed, Thalassa noticed she still hadn't budged. If she gave up then, would she ever be able to work up the courage again?

Her muscles had made a reflex, and she'd suddenly made a few knocks loud enough to be audibly to heard. She waited as she heard footsteps as they shuffled quickly to the other side of the door. She desperately hoped it was her son on the other side, and not a total stranger due to Thalassa having tracked Apollo to the wrong address. The mother had to keep herself reminded to just breathe slowly. She had ended up talking to Trucy about being her mother back home very briefly after the girl had watched Phoenix Wright's final conversation with her father, who confirmed Thalassa was her mother. And since then, they'd sometimes send gifts and letters to each other, both having pursued their own paths in life... But Apollo was a different can of worms for some odd reason. Her biggest ghost of the past was about to be unleashed, that was for certain.

What was a few seconds had felt like an eternity. Once the door had made a creaking sound as it had opened, Thalassa saw the face of the person who had opened the door. She couldn't help but think of her first husband - her true love - when she looked at her fully-grown son's face. It was the first time she'd seen him face-to-face since thanking him for "giving her two treasures" after he had gotten a jury to see a certain artist "not guilty" back home... What she didn't tell him was that he was one of her treasures... But she didn't want to get in the way of his success, nor Trucy's. He probably just thought she meant Trucy and her memories or some other things important to her. And it wasn't she blamed him - she decided to keep even Trucy in the dark about Apollo being Thalassa's own son. Only one man alive back home had put the pieces together, and begrudgingly kept the two in the dark about it.

"Hello, Mr. Justice. ...It's nice to see a familiar face here. I..." Thalassa had already started choking up on her words. "I was just wondering if you're from a time where you remember me. I heard Pandora's vines don't pull everyone from the same time, is all. But if you do, might I inquire you help on something?" She responded after a few seconds of silence. Nice save, Thalassa. Nice save. She sarcastically thought as she tried to not rest her head in her hands. Well, if Apollo agreed and had indeed remembered her from a few years back, there would be no turning back for his mother, would there? One simple decision of letting a woman he had met a handful of times back home would determine if he was ready to face the past - if Thalassa would give him the full story on what exactly happened to her in her lifetime.​

Thread Tag @Apollo Justice

#1 Thalassa Gramarye, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Apollo Justice

Apollo Justice Ace Attorney

Lawyer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Apollo's recovery hadn't been swift but it had at least been stable. Trucy had sat him down and he'd run her through all kinds of stories from his previous run of Pandora. It made them... feel more solid. Easier then to hold onto and carry close to his heart for the return of someone he'd known. At least he was living with his life now, and not overly unsettled.
    The knock at his door was an interesting surprise, and he looked up from a couple case files sitting on his coffee table. He wasn't expecting any visitors, so it was either a client or a friend coming to check in. Hopefully he'd convinced Trucy he was alright, because, really, he was! Just a little tired and trying to stay on top of his work. And not gawk at the now alien streets of Pandora... Pandopolis. Seriously, he'd gotten lost like, twice on autopilot and had to work his way back to where he was supposed to go. It was a nightmare.
    He opened the door and kind of blinked uselessly at a face he hadn't expected to see pop up on his front door. Lamiroir, a key witness for the death of Romein LeTouse, and a gentle presence Apollo could just... Feel. He wasn't sure why she'd impacted him so much after that case, or why he felt so drawn to her, but it was nice to see her anyways. It was only after she started speaking did he remember a small, offhand comment about her being a Gramarye that he heard from Mr. Wright. Oh well. Just seemed like he'd keep bumping into them.

"Oh, Lamiroir- Ms. Gramarye..?" A flush of embarrassment. "Sorry, yeah, of course. Come in."

He nodded her inside and to his living room area, clearing off the papers he had lying around. "Can I get you anythinng? Water?'

Thalassa Gramarye likes this.
  3. Thalassa Gramarye

Freelance Singer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    And so the games had begun. Thalassa felt like she was playing poker with her father when she was little all over again - learning to use her abilities in perception while trying to tell half-truths herself. And no-bars-held, either. If Apollo caught her lying, she'd have to come out with the truth. But she wanted at least one last battle in tongues and the usage of the ability of perception the two had inherited from their bloodline. "No thank you, Mr. Justice. But, I've heard you're now working as a legal official again - which is very deserved, might I add." She tried to butter him up before her first white lie. She'd need all it took for him not to notice something more mysterious in her presence, than usual. She hoped she wouldn't lay down too many clues for her son to catch on.

"So, I am searching for a young man I know. A relative I've only met a few times in my life... It appears he's been found in Pandora. I've asked around, but, it's really not relevant enough to needlessly have the authorities take care of when they have many more important thing to do, no?" She had intentionally put on a smirk. Good thing she knew how to somewhat control her little ticks and pay attention to awkward body-language. Thalassa wasn't perfect and was somewhat rusty, but she gave herself a selfish pat-on-the-back... Well, mentally. If she'd have physically done that, then Apollo would've known something about the relative was off. She'd seen how he was in court and with his investigations. He wasn't stupid by any means. But in hindsight, she probably shouldn't have revealed a familial connection, in case her son did catch on that she was talking about him.

"I know you can't do too much, nor would I ask you to break the law, Mr. Justice, but if you can find him, that would be extremely helpfu-" She wasn't able to catch her right arm as it was being raised in time. Her sleeve had fallen, leaving her bracelet revealed. She tried to quickly roll it back up as she put it back under the table, but she knew it was probably too late. Her smirk faded, and an embarrassed frown had formed. Well, so much for the subtle route. She then swiftly had laid a picture of a man who looked similar to Apollo playing a guitar down on the table, and heard her own footsteps as she tried to race to Apollo's door, though she was not able to find the spirit to exit.

Mr. Wright had given her that picture - and Apollo had used it as evidence in one of his most important cases back home...​

Apollo Justice likes this.
  4. Apollo Justice

Lawyer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Apollo's bracelet was tingling gently, nothing hard enough to pull on a full Percieve, but Ms. Gramarye was being decidedly and suspiciously vague with her statements, almost as if she was trying to bait him in with something. His interest in her request morphed into interest with her, and he caught her arm moving, eyes slipping quickly into focus.
    His own bracelet filled his vision, which he didn't expect, and which did, visibly, throw him off. He blinked, stunned, and looked down at his own wrist as if to confirm his bracelet was still there before he heard the rustle of a paper and the swish of retreating fabric.
    He stumbled into a half run towards her, only processing that the photo she'd left on the table was of his father when his hand was already gripping her shoulder, gears whirring behind his eyes.

Lamiroir: Singer, professional performer.
    Thalassa Gramarye: Professional Magician, Trucy's mother, Zak's wife. Gramarye.
    Thalassa Gramarye had a photo of his father on her person -- in fact the same photo Apollo had used in court. Only Phoenix Wright had that photo, so that meant Phoenix must have given her the photo. Why? Thalassa Gramarye had no connection to Jove Justice.

... Except...

The bracelet. That was Apollo's bracelet that he'd seen on her wrist. Jove had a young wife with him in Khu'rain, along with infant Apollo.

Apillo blasted the theory against every part of his mind and came up with explanations in every instance. She had the photo because Mr. Wright had given a grieving wife his picture, "You've given me two treasures", why he and Trucy looked so similar, the bracelet, her actions just now... His heart was racing so fast he was sure it would rocket right out of his chest. His throat felt dry.

Confirm the theory, Apollo. Find the truth.

"Ms. Gramarye..."

He'd never known he could sound this unsteady.

"...Are... You my...?"

The word "Mother" died on his lips, but it's unspoken shadow echoed in the quiet.

5. Thalassa Gramarye

Freelance Singer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    "I wasn't sure if today was the day... I wasn't sure if I would visit Khura'in or write to you about this." Thalassa started to lament. "Actually, right before I was pulled into Pandora, Mr. Wright - who had figured it all out on his own - was trying to get me to reconsider. I didn't want to get in the way of you or your career. It was never the right time..." She started to tear up, her biggest regret that had welled within her for a few years had finally gotten the right time and place to break free. And she wasn't going to hold it back anymore. Not at that point - she had shown her hand, and Apollo won. It was time for his rightful rewards.

"I never went back to look for you after the fire in Khura'in. I thought you were dead. But here you are, alive. The young man who inspired me to regain my vision... The young man who helped me regain my memory, my beloved baby boy who was once fresh from my womb - they were all one person." Thalassa suddenly turned and squeezed Apollo. Something she'd wanted to do for a few years, but never found the right time... Finally, it had come. Mother and son, both knowingly reunited... But Thalassa was still worried it may have been too late for forgiveness from Apollo. She kept something from him ever since she regained her vision, and had no issue when she told Trucy that she was her mother.

"I guess I don't have to explain, then... The bracelet on your right arm was once my own. It was something I gave to you upon birth. But, I should stop talking. I understand if you want me to get out, or if you have questions. I am here to answer your questions." She sobbed, still not even having known whether she was in sheer bliss or sadness. Maybe a mix of the two? Thalassa just didn't expect to drop the bomb without preparing herself or Apollo during any conversation due to a stupid reaction - as if part of her had wanted to finally just say it, since Pandora was ever-changing...​

#5 Thalassa Gramarye, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Trucy Wright and Apollo Justice like this.
  6. Apollo Justice

Lawyer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Thalassa Gramarye began to speak and the words were like pillows thrown against a brick wall as Apollo genuinely attempted to process the mind-breaking truth set before him.
    His mother. Thalassa Gramarye was his mother. That meant Trucy was his half-sister. That he had possibly half a claim to the Gramarye name -- some thoughts were so ridiculous that they rose in the depths of shock. It was all so much, sudden, and Apollo had no idea how he was feeling, what he was feeling, or what to do.

Possibly the most comforting part was that his bracelet didn't react once, not even a twinge of stress. Thalassa was relieved, upset, overwhelmed like he was, and her grip around him was loose and uncertain, as if she was waiting for him to pull away.
    Apollo embraced her carefully, sorting through everything rattling around in his head. He expected the same dull disconnect he'd felt until he'd watched his father's death in the Seance -- watching a man desperately struggle for his child was heartbreaking, to know it was him made it hurt -- but to his slight surprise, and then relief, this knowledge was not quite so foreign.
    He knew Thalassa -- his mother. The thought made him feel warmer -- a way he couldn't really hope to know his father, he'd interacted with her in cases, he'd followed her music, a familiarity between the two... Existed. That was enough for him.

He drew her closer, tight for a moment, breathing in and out, before speaking.
    "Yeah." A small nod. "Yeah I... Lots of questions." A little laugh followed that and he pulled back a little. "Let's sit down."

7. Thalassa Gramarye

Freelance Singer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    "Of course. I can't even ponder such a sudden revelation hasn't made you just - shut down! I guess you have your father and my resilience, my dear Apollo." Thalassa tried to keep some tears back as she thought more about Jove - something not so each when Apollo looked so much like him. "But please, ask me any questions that come to your mind. And take as long as you have to - I have the entire day and then some to stay and explain." She made sure she made herself comfortable in the chair, as she gazed upon her son's face. So much to be taken in, and she honestly had no idea where he'd start - or if he'd just want her number and push it off to another day!

But whatever was to come next, Thalassa accepted that she'd made her bed. She then had to lay on it - or so the term went... Right? It wasn't like she could go in and be assertive - she hadn't even had earned the right to ask Apollo to call her mother, unlike she had with Trucy. If he wanted to not have the conversation then, Thalassa would wait in the meantime, and let Apollo decide if one of them would tell Trucy or not before finishing their conversation. As much as it pained her to keep such a secret from her daughter anymore, Thalassa didn't want Apollo to not be ready and have Trucy egging him on to do sibling-like things.

So she just sat in complete silence while Apollo had been lost in his thoughts. Obviously, there was a ton to go over. The mother only speculated on what her son had thought. Maybe he wanted to know more on Jove? Her opinion on him risking his life in Khura'in to prove Dhurke's innocence? How she'd moved onto 'Zak' so fast and had Trucy? Or maybe it could've been something else entirely. But she still waited, and even tried to show she was there for Apollo no matter what, at that point.​

8. Apollo Justice

Lawyer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Apollo settled into his seat beside her, still trying to reconcile it all. He knew the story, or at least the general overview, he needed nothing answered there... What other questions did he even have? He floundered quietly for a little while, trying to come up with some kind of proper question to ask her, then the photo caught his eye.

Jove Justice.

"What was my father like?"
    He delicately picked the paper up off the table with a slightly shaky hand. "I... I only saw him in a seance in Khura'in, I knew his job... I knew he was friends with Dhurke. I don't know anything about him as a person."

Thalassa Gramarye likes this.
  9. Thalassa Gramarye

Freelance Singer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    "Y-your father?" Thalassa kept herself from choking at describing Jove. Even after all the years that had passed, she still had loved him as much as she had the final time she ever saw him alive - which had never made it easier to explain or talk about him in detail. But, she was talking to Apollo. The only other person Jove had loved just as much (if not maybe even a bit more) than Thalassa herself. And if Jove were in the situation she was in, Thalassa knew he'd talk about her with sheer glee. It was time to bring Apollo some peace.

"Your father was very kind and loving. It was one of the things that drew me to him when he performed as a guest during one of Troupe Gramarye's magic shows." Thalassa replied in a calm voice. "Your grandfather really didn't like my dream of being a singer, but, he let me provide back-up vocals that night... And even thought it was as cliche as your average romance movie, it was a love song that brought us together." She had remembered that night like it was only a day or two ago. Jove's booming voice with a few soft vocals of her own to compliment her soon-to-be-lover's. It definitely was one of the most magical nights in her life, for sure. Definitely one she treasured, for sure.

"I think you can imagine the look on your grandfather's face when I told him I was marrying your father after just a few months of dating, and that I was going to become a singer. But, your father was the best husband I could ever ask f-" She stopped herself there. She knew Apollo had full knowledge of Trucy's lineage. That Thalassa remarried and had little Trucy as a result... And it wasn't like she'd never loved Shadi, but, she did have some bias between her two deceased husbands. Jove would've never put her in a position to use her abilities as a Gramarye to literally be shot at from two sides... And even if he did something that stupid, he wouldn't have just held it in and made it just look like she went off again and died all to keep up some magic show. He'd have gone to hell and back if he had to.

She decided take a few deep breaths. The past was the past, and this was Apollo's moment to finally know his true father. "Anyways, when you were born, we'd always take turns watching you when one of us had a concert. He really, really loved you, Apollo. I just want you to know that he was so excited to be a father for the year he had you." Thalassa's eyes had watered, but she continued to soldier through finishing her thoughts. "Mr. Wright even told me about his final moments... How he died trying to save you. I once joked about how he'd probably die saving you in a fire over me. Little did I know how close to his actual death that statement was..." She sighed while she placed her hands over her eyes. At least she made it that far before she'd started the waterworks.​

10. Apollo Justice

Lawyer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    He studied the photo as she spoke, trying to read the lines and the stories of his father's life in the edges of his face, reconcile his memories and his knowledge with Thalassa's words. He wondered if Pandora would ever give him Jove Justice, or Dhurke, or Nahyuta. Would it be kind enough to reunite families the way it had reunited him and his mother? Would Pandora give him Chiaki back? Too much fantasy was found in his memories, that trembled and sighed sadly on the edges of thought.

He didn't miss her happiness, her tripping on preferring Jove over Zak -- Apollo let himself be smug for a second. -- and in a strangely soothing way, it was comforting to hear her speak of him so fondly, to know that if the fire hadn't stolen his father from him, he would have been as loved as he was with Dhurke. Apollo traced his father's face, pale fingertips tracing the lines across the shiny paper.

Thalassa had started crying. Apollo bit his lip and scooted closer so their knees touched, moving his arm to rub her back quietly, shutting his eyes.