HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Closure

Discussion in 'Sundale Park' started by Genji Shimada, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Hanzo Shimada

December 25th
    After getting himself some breakfast (and probably lunch too, thanks to stuffing himself due to throughly enjoying the fact that he could feel the proper taste of food again), Genji contacted Hanzo so that they could meet up once again. He was vague about his reasons, only saying that he really needed him to come over to the park where they would meet up and leaving it at that. He felt like this could end up unnecessarily worriying his brother, but surely it would be worth it.

Still, not having a lot of clothes available made so that Genji was now wearing the halloween costume he had made with Angela, completely with the oni mask. He was standing in the park where he first came across Reyes, but at least now it was broad daylight so the chance of something bad happening was significantly lower.

He leaned against the single tree in the middle of a field of flowers (which was covered in snow) with his arms folded, figuring it would be easier to find him there. His black outfit and mask also clashed heavily with the sunny environment, so that made him stand out even more. It was ironic, for a ninja to be trying to stand out, but he didn't have a lot of options in this case.

Mask hiding his face, Genji patiently waited for his brother to appear, enjoying the sight of the snow field around him and taking in the peaceful atmosphere in the meantime.

Hanzo Shimada likes this.
  2. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Ramen Shop owner/ dog dad
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Still worn and tired after his little adventurous expedition, Hanzo tried, desperately tried to keep his cool as he arrived back in Pandora Town. This journey really has been a wild one, no point denying that, and he had been skeptical about the idea of a pond of water being able to grant one's selfish and ridiculously idiotic wishes, second guessing and questioning if all this was really worth it.
    Well, he had to admit, that the travel alone had been a pleasure, earning a new companion along the way of whom he was quite thankful for. Not that he would admit it or anything though.

Anyway, the more time he had to spend on his own, the more and more nervous he got. Surely, Hanzo knew not to put too much hope into this business; the fall would be too deep after all. But he also tried to figure out the nature of his wish. Was it really for a greater good, a selfless act to help and restore his brother in any way? After all, Genji never asked for this, he seemed… happy, at peace, accepting himself and his face. And Hanzo? No, he still was is denial of it all, unable to look at his brother's scared face and those eyes, eyes he only remembers being filled with horror and fear, so it seemed.
    This all has been a very selfish and egoistical thing, wasn't it? A cheap way to make up for the guilt and sorrow he has been carrying around since what felt like an eternity? It was a wish more to ease himself than anyone else, no?

The thread he was hanging at got cut in two as his heart suddenly skipped a beat upon receiving a message from the man in question himself, Genji. He was asking for a meeting, the matter seemed urgent, no further details given. Oh no, this couldn't be, could it? No that-- no that would be ridiculous. Did that mean that the wish thing actually worked? Legitimately worked? This…this must've been a coincidence, yes, a funny coincidence, nothing more.
    Of course, it was Christmas, maybe his brother got infected with the holiday spirit and just wanted to offer Hanzo some time, friendly family bonding; yes, that must've been it. His gut feeling told him otherwise, but it was best denying it until proven wrong.

So, naturally, he agreed to meet him, a mixture of anxiety and something akin to hope spreading in his very being and making him slightly slightly dizzy as he approached the park Genji suggested as a meeting point. The thought alone of maybe seeing his brother completely restored again was…indiscribable. And as this figure who couldn't have been anyone else but Genji jumped into his sight, he even forgot how to breath for a moment. The first thing he noticed was also the one messing him up the most: he wasn't wearing his armour. Why? Why wasn't he wearing it? Oh for the love of- why would he wear his Halloween costume on Christmas, out of all day?
    A grunt. This was only confirming his suspicion more and more. Genji being human again…

As he approached him though, Hanzo couldn't help but let a sly smile slip his stone cold facial expression. A small spark of joy and hope, excitement even, quickly overrun with more doubt and even more guilt.
    Just…what did he get himself into.

He greeted his brother with a nod, raising one brow in a mocking manner at the view of the mask he was wearing. "I didn't know you had a tedency for the dramatic. Standing here like ordered but not picked up yet."

Genji Shimada likes this.
  3. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hanzo showed up and was even smiling, even if that smile was followed by some teasing, though Genji didn't expect anything less from his big brother. It was true, he was being pretty dramatic about this even if it wasn't entirely by his own choice.

Genji turned his head to face his brother and unfolded his arms, giving him a nonchalant shrug. "Well, I thought I might as well have some fun, seeing as I don't really have many options in terms of clothing. My armor was usually enough..."

He paused. There was this brief moment of hesitation as he thought about how Hanzo would react, but he was going to find out at some point, right? Unless they never saw each other again, something that Genji was definitely not willing to do. Still, he couldn't help but feel nervous, thinking of how much this was going to change their lives from now on.

"But when I woke up today, things were different. I still have no idea how it all happened, but overnight, I went through a complete transformation..."

And then, one hand grabbing the mask and another the hood of his costume, he removed both of them, uncovering his face and the rest of his head. Now Hanzo would be staring at his younger brother the way he used to be, face free of scars and with a goofy smile on his face that hid the tension he was feeling deep inside.

"What do you think, Hanzo? Just like how you remember it, right?" He let out a chuckle.

4. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Oh no. That tone of voice, the posture, the damn shy hesitation…it was obvious, wasn't it? It worked, that stupid wish worked, and Hanzo didn't know how he should feel about this. But it only got worse from that point on, his heart racing like crazy as the world around him suddenly stopped turning, all attention focused on Genji as his brother slowly, so seemingly unbearably slowly took that goddamned mask off. He gasped, shocked, and a little surprised, eyes widening as he stared into the oh so familiar face of his brother, a face full with pure innocence, bliss, a face which never saw betrayal, which never got disgraced, which he never hurt.
    A face he almost didn't remember.

Dammit, it hurt, it hurt so so much looking at him, broke his cold tiny heart into two, but at the same time made it do somersaults because…this was his brother, his beloved younger brother just like he knew him, the reckless go-getter for whom he'd do anything, and yet…

The sight was just too much to handle, making all kinds of emotions boil in him at once without even giving him the chance to distinguish which one to express now. So Hanzo just stood there for a while, body tense as he tried to tame this wave of feelings he experienced in this moment, not even noticing the stinging of approaching tears in his eyes, or how he clenches his fists so tight that the nails would definitely leave some marks on his palms, knuckles turned white as the snow resting on the flora around them, the cold air giving away his irregular and hectic breathing.
    If he wouldn't have felt an upcoming dizziness before, now was definitely the time for it.
    Hanzo was shaking, stuttering, still bothering to hide it all with miserable results.

"Genji I-- Genji, brother," pressing one hand against his face, he felt how his knees too grew weaker under the sudden and intense stress his body now suffered from, unleashing all these repressed emotions, all this toxic voices, heavy guilt. Tch, how pathetic he felt, weak, without any grace, barely standing here, the weight of the world pushing him down; one final attempt to catch himself.

"Genji I am, so, so, sorry…"

5. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji couldn't say he didn't consider this kind of reaction, but he had been hoping this wouldn't be the one he would be getting. Yet, there was Hanzo, just crumbling upon the weight of all his guilt surrounding the events that led to Genji never being the same again. The face he was staring at was only a further reminder of what he had done and what he had taken away and it all came at him at full force.

"H-Hanzo..." The smile and carefree posture he had put himself in vanished as he got closer to his brother and placed a hand in his shoudler, trying not to be too forceful but still attempting to show some support to him. "I already told you, I am not mad at you anymore. You were put into a difficult situation and I know you would not have done what you did under any other circumstances. So please, stop beating yourself over it." There was a hint of desperation in his voice, as this was already much worse than any of the other times this subject came up.

It was so hard to let go of the past, to move on. Genji understood how it was even if the feelings were different. To think of how things could have been different if that one incident never happened, how it didn't need to be that way, things that could've been done or said to prevent that outcome... Even Genji found himself going back to some past regrets.

"I..." He trailed off for a moment, his gaze meeting the snow on the ground under him as he began thinking that maybe sharing the burden of that guilt could help Hanzo from being crushed by it. "I am sorry, too..." He sighed.

#5 Genji Shimada, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  6. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Hanzo looked up to his brother, no longer capable to hold back any tears, dams breaking inevitably, shaking his head furiously. Why, just why would he say that? Why would he talk such nonsense, only to comfort this pathetic excuse of an older brother? Ridiculous.
    No, Genji was absolutely not at fault here, it was all Hanzo's doing, he alone was responsible for tearing their family apart, ruining everything, ever, goddamn thing.

Still tottery on his feet, Hanzo jerked Genji's hand off of him, the pitiful touch burning through the fabric of his clothing, painfully stinging his own rotten flesh. Teeth clenched together, he took a step back, looking at his brother, sad, angry, confused.

Why was he apologizing?

Hanzo cracked a sinister smile, which grew into a grin, an expression which stood in an extreme contrast to the overwhelming sorrow in his eyes.

Why was he apologizing?

Again, he shook his head, chuckling low, husk, the laugh of a broken man ermitting from him, a desperate attempt to not fall further apart, to not lose himself right now.

Why was he apologizing?

Why was he apologizing?
    Why was he apologizing?

Why was he pitying him?

"You don't get it," he muttered, voice cracking even behind the forced smiles and distorted laughter, "you don't understand anything, do you?"

Before the unavoidable sob could leave his mouth, Hanzo covered it up, knowing that it had no use, but all this, all of this, everything, was just too much. And he didn't understand.

"I-I was weak, Genji. I did this to you. I am responsible for everything. I k-- I- I killed you. Not only that," he narrowed his glassy eyes at the other, allowing himself a little break, a bittersweet laugh accompaning his stuttering words, "I absolutely destroyed you. I ruined everything. …-s weak, ruined everything."
    The more he talked the more his voice ebbed away, broken, silent, out of breath, tired.
    His hands may have been forced, but it was his weak and naïve mind, his fragile spirit and his wrong morals and beliefs which had their say in this matter as well. There was no way, no damn way that someone would be able to forgive him for this, even not Genji. Especially not Genji.
    No one. He was a fool. And seeing what could've become of his brother if he wasn't such a pushover…

"I robbed you of everything…I don't deserve this, I don't deserve your forgiveness, I don't deserve your pity. Nothing."

7. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "From the very beginning I left you behind, pursuing an easy life while you were the one who had to do all the hard work. I would always find a way to avoid having to do any of my clan responsabilities, getting myself in trouble and often dragging you alongside me. You always had so much to do, being the oldest brother and the heir of the clan, groomed since a kid to fulfill that role and nothing else.

"You never had any problems doing what you were told, so I thought you could handle it. I thought I would just get in your way and I did not want to take part in any of it so not getting involved worked in my favor. But we are only human, everybody has weaknesses, that is normal, it is not something to be ashamed of. But chose to believe that you did not have any struggles because it was more convenient for me that way."

"I cannot blame you for any resentment that you might have felt towards me back then. For someone to be able to enjoy life without any responsibilities and even being encouraged to do so while you were the one who had to carry the burden of the whole clan on your shoulders... Unfair does not even begin to describe it."

"When our father passed away, earlier than any of us could have expected, you must have been so scared. The expectations, the pressure that came from them, they must have been crushing you with stress, but even then I turned a blind eye to it. Even when you probably needed my help the most, I still decided to leave you behind to handle all that responsibility by yourself."

"I am not trying to carry the blame for what happened, there is not a single person that can be blamed for everything that lead to that outcome, but to act like I was just a victim would be wrong. Even if what our clan was doing was wrong, even if it was something I had no intention of pursuing, you were still my brother. I should have been there to give you support when you needed it."

"Maybe, just maybe, if I had been a better brother to you, you would be able to resist the elders' order. There would not be as much resentment involved, your mind would be clear and perhaps we would both be capable of living our lives without the clan chaining us down. But I chose to ignore how you were feeling to pursue the life I wanted and in the end... I paid the price for it. Heh... maybe it was karma after all."

"I... I do not want things to be the way they used to be. I am a new person now, I am not as selfish as I used to be. I was your brother and the only person you had left from our core family, I should have been there to give you support, but I chose to leave you alone and because of that I am also responsible for how things ended up the way they did."

"It took me so long to realize this. And for that, I am sorry."

#7 Genji Shimada, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  8. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Genji's little speech left him baffled, more confused than before because, no way in hell he would've thought that's how his brother's view on all those things was. There was no guilt-tripping, no blaming, no accusing, no hate, no anger, nothing, nothing but regret, genuine apology, brotherly love and pain. Oh so much hurting pain.
    Yes it was true, Genji had been a difficult teen, Sojiro loved him, he loved him more than anything else, he gave him passes where none where due, he took a bullet more than once or even twice for him, he acted just like a real good father would, letting his son be, letting him live.
    And Hanzo should've hated him for that, despised him, loathed him, but he couldn't. Even after this heartfelt apology, he couldn't be angry with neither Genji nor their father, because of all those lectures he got, tortures he walked through and lies he had to endure, one thing always stood out, one thing their father always preached, always put first.

Family.

Sojiro Shimada put family above anything else, he loved Genji, that much was true, but Hanzo knew that Sojiro loved him too. He wanted the best for them, the reality was sadly, a different one.

How much he envied his younger brother for sneaking out of the castle, skip lectures, dye his hair, or in other words, be himself. How much he envied the little extra time he got to spend with their father while he was received all kinds of training units and classes. Just…how much he envied him, envied, but never hated him.
    Because he knew better than turn his back to family, he should've known better.
    They both should've known better.

Real life isn't like the stories our father told us.

Hanzo felt the weight on his shoulders crushing him, and he couldn't take it any longer. Crying out loud, he managed one tiny step forward, one step, just to get close enough to wrap his seemingly useless arms around his brother, whom he missed so much, whom he took everything from, whom he should've never walked away.
    "Genji, I-- I-, b-brother, I'm…G-Genji," it had no use, whatever his brain wanted to spit out got interrupted by his gross sobbing and tears, oh those very tears he held back for so, so long.
    When was the last time he cried?
    The answer was obvious.

How strange, how foreign it felt, not only to cry unrestrained like this, but also embracing someone. Well, not just someone, but his own brother, the only one he got, his family, all of his family.
    Hanzo even managed to crack a sweet sweet yet incredibly sad smile, knowing that he should've done this already years ago. This, this right here, was the most vulnerable he was since he became the clan's leader, since it all went downhill.
    "I am…sorry…"

"So, so, very sorry."

But they sure as hell could work on it becoming one.

9. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji's gaze snapped back and his shot wide open as he felt his brother embrace him, losing his grip on the mask he was holding and letting it fall on the snow. For Hanzo to initiate a gesture like that was unheard of, it was always him who had to make the display of affection. Not only that, but Hanzo was quite clearly crying, sobbing, so much that he couldn't even formulate a proper sentence. Feelings that had been bottled up for so long in an attempt to hide the pain underneath were suddenly let loose in a stream of tears.

Genji was stunned for a minute, just unable to comprehend the fact that this was even happening. For Hanzo to finally allow him to see him in such a vulnerable state, it was so unreal that it felt like he was dreaming. Hanzo didn't even respond, he just responded the same way he did when he first saw Genji's face.

"... Your apologies were accepted a long time ago, brother." Genji hugged him back, as tightly as he could without it being uncomfortable, a sad smile appearing on his face. "I hope you can accept mine as well."

Soon Genji felt the tears welling up in his own eyes and, seeing the state of his own brother, he just let them go. He wasn't sad, more relieved than anything else. Things were going to get better, he knew that much. For him to see Hanzo cry like that, it was no small feat and a sign that he had finally gotten through the wall Hanzo had hid himself behind.

"We were both idiots." He added, a joke followed by some chuckles while he still kept his brother wrapped in his arms. The tears were still coming out, but he was still holding himself together well enough.

#9 Genji Shimada, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  10. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Hanzo held onto Genji long enough to get a grip of himself, which admittingly took some time, but they had it now, time, all the time they needed. Responding to this appreciated attempt of easing the rather heavy and sorrowful mood around them, Hanzo joined in with the chuckles and giggles, lazily drying his own tears as he again took the chance to look into the other's face, his human face. He still couldn't believe that it actually worked, that his wish was granted, and most importantly, that they both got a chance to start over again, to take this opportunity and make it worthwhile.
    Of course second guesses were unavoidable, and Hanzo started to question if this here could've been a thing even without a human-turned Genji, if this really had been a necessity. But looking at him like this, being able to see him like this again...it was a sad thought, but yes, maybe this was needed for them to finally forgive each other.

It took him another good few moment to even stabilize his breath again and be able to form proper sentences this time, a weak but honest smile plastering his face, well knowing that he must've looked like an absolute mess now.
    "Don't you even dare to tell anyone about this," he said, followed by a hoarse chuckle, "I have a reputation to uphold."

Opening up to his brother felt, cleansing, for once there wasn't this awkward barrier between them which made, at least Hanzo, incredibly uncomfortable, which made them feel like strangers, which only tore them further apart. Oh how thankful he was for this, well knowing not to take what he got here for granted. And regarding Genji's heartfelt and nakedly honest apology, how could he possibly decline him? He didn't know better, that was just the life he had been given, they both have been given, and neither of them had a say in any of this.
    They both have been fools, but Hanzo knew that he was the biggest of all.

"I am glad... glad to have you back. You are the only one I've left, in this world and in any other." He exhaled deeply, enjoying this moment of relief, the overwhelming feeling of his worries falling off of him, heavy burdens he has been carrying around suddenly dropping; he didn't even remember how free one person could feel until now.
    "You must've been very surprised waking up this morning, no?"

11. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Looking at Hanzo's face felt like he was staring at a completely different person. The man who had kept himself from showing his weakness to anybody was now crying like a child, but with a smile that matched the relief Genji himself was feeling. Of course, Hanzo still had his pride and was already taking preventive measures from letting anyone else see him like that.

"Can I at least take a photo of this historical moment?" He was joking, obviously, as evident by the goofy grin plastered on his face.

It was so odd that all of this came so suddenly. One day, Genji woke up and was human again and that led to... all of this. Perhaps it wouldn't have been too different if he was still a cyborg and he voiced his apologies like he did now. Apologies that he should've offered from the start, but it was better late than never.

"You say that, even though I have been here for quite some time." He chuckled as he wiped the tears off his face. "I may be wearing a different face now, but I am still the same person from before, you know?"

Hanzo's comment regarding how he had woken up was accurate, to say the least. All things considered the result was pretty comical, but there were still so many unanswered questions regarding what happened...

"But yes, it isn't everyday that you wake up naked during a cold morning, only to find out your body's completely different from what it was before you went to sleep." He broke eye contact, rubbing the back of his head with some embarrassment, although soon his expresison changed to a more thoughtful and also rather lost one. "I still don't understand how this happened. Something like this doesn't just happen for no reason..."

12. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Crossing the point where they both were able to joke about one another was already a blessing, just like it should be. It even elicited a shy smile out of him, well knowing that this sight must've been quite alien to Genji. Who knew, maybe he now would be able to let himself go more frequently, but, that were just speculations.

Of course he knew that his brother was laying out the bitter truth to him, of course Genji still was the same person he has been just the day before, but for Hanzo, this felt different, significantly different. Maybe the factor of not having to look down at his horrible deeds, which the cyborg appearance resembled, was the main reason for it. Looking at his brother like that, a brother, and not your past mistakes.

His smile grew softer, more tender and thoughtful as he noticed Genji's sudden flusterness, understandable, since this surely must have been a huge change for him, a complete turn, and Hanzo hoped it was for the better.
    Clearing his throat he let his shoulders down, equally embarrassed avoiding the other's gaze because, admitting that he seeked out this wish thing would only expose him running after some superstition, a pathetic and desperate attempt to right his own wrongs. But also how much this meant to him.

So, naturally, it took him some time, some courage to actually admit it and explain what the hell caused this sudden transformation.
    "Did you-- have you heard of the rumours regarding the Wishing Waters? This, stupid wish granting pool located somewhere within the desert?"
    Unsure and slightly embarrassed he tried to find a way to phrase this right, to make it sound believable because, honestly, if someone would've told him about this, he'd straight up think of them as crazy.

"I know it does not make much sense, I picked it up from some drunk idiots at the pub, and I know it probably sounds absolutely insane and irrational. But it bugged me, a lot, I spare you the details for my own sake, and... anyway, long story short, I would have been a fool to not at least give it a try, to make amends by, running after a fantasy."

Biting down on his lip he dared to look up to his brother, feeling kind of relieved that the thing worked, but at the same time sorry since he hasn't asked if this was an okay thing to do. Seeing Genji being genuinely happy though, it really made up for it all. And he meant all.
    "I'm just very glad it worked, surprised, but also incredibly glad..."

A weak smile, a scoff, "you probably already guessed what I wished for. It is my gift, to you, brother."

13. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The Wishing Waters, supposedly apool of water in the middle of the desert capable of granting wishes. It sounded like the type of the thing you would hear about in a fairy tale or some fantasy book, yet, this was Pandora, where nothing was what it seemed.

The mention of it, plus once Hanzo began awkwardly explaining himself, made Genji's eyes widen as it all clicked before his brother even finished his explanation. He faced him again, looking outright shocked that Hanzo would have done something like that. To believe a myth, something that for a person like him was completely ridiculous, yet he pursued it anyway, in spite of not believing in it himself.

"Y-You did this?" He was clearly in shock, barely being able to believe what he was hearing. "You traveled through the desert, looking for a random pool of water just for the slight possibility of it granting you a wish...?" There was no sign of teasing or mockery in his voice, only surprise and even a some degree of confusion mixed in as it was all processing in his head.

And the most bewildering part of it was that it worked. Hanzo put his faith into some kind of desperate measure and it paid off. Going through the desert by himself had to have been difficult for him, but he still did it, all for the sake to right what had gone wrong.

14. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Genji's shock was of course more than justified, picturing that his good-for-nothing brother took this risky journey, without even knowing the outcome of it. Sure, he was surprised himself, but to be fair, he took a long time thinking this through, and even if the planning was a little short termed, he made up his mind about it with a lot of hesitation.
    So, yes, he did that. Hard to believe, but yeah.

Fairly enough, he granted Genji a moment to let it sink in, give him time and space to process it since, sure, it was a big deal, for both of them.
    As a response he first only nodded, crossing both arms in front of his chest as he nervously continued to chew down on his lower lip. Yes, he wandered through the challenges of the desert, risking life and well-being for something that could've been nothing but a fairy tale, he, Hanzo, did that. But it wasn't for himself, at least he kept telling himself that to clear his conscience, maybe it was for his own good secondary. Anyway, the most important part was that he indeed did this all for Genji, so he could enjoy life with all it's little benefits and treats; admittingly slightly hypocritical, granted that Hanzo didn't take advantage of most pleasures in life, despite being a hundred percent human, and assumed that Genji wanted this.
    Oh no here they came again, the second guesses...

His smile vanished and the broody thoughtful frown he accepted as his default returned, slightly sad, slightly guilty. "Yes, it is indeed my doing, with the aid of a helping hand mind you not. The sheer possibility was surprisingly enough to at least make me consider it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can't expect high rewards without getting up and working for them yourself."...and seeing my brother genuinely smile is the highest reward of them all... "...I probably sound very desperate admitting this now, don't I?"

15. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So Hanzo had gone through all that for the sake of granting Genji a normal body again, without even telling him of what he was doing. Perhaps he didn't want to raise his hopes for something that had so little chance of working. And yet, here he was, all human again as if nothing had happened.

On one side, Genji did like his cyborg self, for better or for worse that was who he was now and that was a him that he learned to love and even see his abilities in that body as a kind of gift. However, he couldn't deny that the idea of being able to enjoy everything he had lost in the transition again didn't appeal to him quite a lot.

"... That was a pretty desperate measure you took, yes." Genji snickered a little before stepping closer and hugging Hanzo again. "Thank you, Hanzo. You didn't have to do this, but for you to go that far... I will make sure to make the most out of this gift you gave me."

16. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    A small smile spread on his face, the embrace still feeling so very odd and yet shockingly familiar. Yes, there was no denying that he was desperate, maybe the most desperate fool there is. He thought about how he didn't want anything in return, he thought about what a big lie that was, then he remembered the occasional doubt he had about how selfish this whole mission was in the first place.
    But now, reconciling with his brother after everything they both have been through? Hearing his genuine apology, feeling how sincere and honest it was? Yeah, this was worth all the trouble he went through, all the toxic thoughts he had burdened himself with. This was all, so incredibly worth it.

It was only for this moment, but the feeling of the weight of the world being lifted off his shoulders was extraordinarily welcome. Just the two of them, reunited. Could there be any better gift he could receive for Christmas?
    Reciprocating the affectionate gesture, Hanzo let himself get pulled in my Genji as nothing but relief washed over him, leaving a newly ignited spark of hope in his very damaged being.

"Merry Christmas, brother. And to new beginnings."

17. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji broke off the hug and took a couple steps back. Then upon hearing Hanzo wish him a merry Christmas, he only then was reminded of what the date was. Normally he wouldn't think much of it, but given the timing of things, he really had to consider the possibility, especially since it was Hanzo he was dealing with.

"Did you actually time this so that if the wish worked, I would be like this just in time for Christmas?" Genji couldn't help but chuckle at how unnecessary this whole endeavor had been, yet, Hanzo still pulled it off, as it was to be expected from his older brother.

That did leave Genji in a bit of a tough spot, as he really couldn't give Hanzo any kind of gift that would be anywhere near as impressive as this one. Sure, he probably didn't need to match the value, but after everything Hanzo did for him, he deserved something nice at least.

"So... How about we go do some shopping together? I need to get a more varied wardrobe now that I don't have my armor." Genji then crouched down for a moment to pick up the now snow covered oni mask from the ground and dusting it off as he stood up again with a smile on his face. "And maybe have lunch after it? I'm curious to taste the local cuisine from this town."

18. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Now that he said it out loud, maybe it all was a little overdramatic, having the wish be granted on Christmas as the ultimate present. But Hanzo knew that there couldn't have been a less dramatic way to have done this. Maybe it was his tendency for it, maybe he was already so used to being a touch too much eccentric that he wouldn't even expect anything else from himself, who knew.
    In the end, his brother's reaction was all that counted, oh and it was so much more than he could have hoped for.

To his offer he simply nodded, still keeping this weak and rare smile of his up, not really knowing how to express all this joy, not knowing how to deal with this new emotion.
    "Of course, can't let you run around like a vigilante out of a child's fantasy. Maybe you'll even develop a fashion-sense now that you can wear fitting clothes."

"Now now, I know a place or two we could go, but I fear you'll be disappointed. Nothing is as good as my home-cooked meals."

19. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    And now Hanzo was back to his typical big brother teasing, one that could have sounded harsh to other people, but Genji knew he didn't mean anything with it and it was all in good fun. Not only that, but it was a sign that he was feeling better after the emotional display he had shown earlier and that was what mattered in the end.

"We'll see. Perhaps my fashion sense is still going to make you cringe. No green hair this time though." Genji chuckled as he remembered how silly he must have looked with that hair color, although he still missed it a little. It certainly made him stand out, which was probably not ideal when you were supposed to be a ninja.

As for the topic of food, Genji found it that he barely remembered how Hanzo's cooking tasted like. He did remember him being a good cook though, both of them were, although their reasons to take up cooking were very different.

"Then why don't you cook something for me later, oh master chef Hanzo?" He spoke with fake reverence, smirking at his brother's typical arrogance.

However it was that they were going to spend the day, Genji was just glad that he would be able to just enjoy himself along his brother. It wasn't the same as it used to be, no, it was actually much better, for now neither of them had weights on their shoulders that kept them from enjoying life as it was.

And for that, Genji couldn't be happier.

#19 Genji Shimada, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018