HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Come On, Ireen, Too Loo Rye Ay

Discussion in 'Silverpool' started by Sherlock Holmes, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    October 10th
    @Irene Adler

Would this be a date? Sherlock had no idea, the small grasp he had on social gatherings was failing him and Sherlock for his deadpan demeanor was nervous. He had noticed every small detail on the way to Irene's apartment, not because he was looking for them but because he couldn't at all turn off his deductive reasoning when he was just so high strung from the events. Holmes had indeed stopped on the way there and gotten a bottle of white wine, a strange vintage called White Wolf, emblazoned on the thin necked bottle was a silver label in the shape of a wolf's head. He wondered if that was a good idea, given the reason he was heading over but it was better to have a pleasant meeting than to dwell on the horror, right? He sighed and paced back and forth in the hall. He'd brought his cane sword just in case, he knew Irene didn't need his protection but he couldn't help but feel as if he had some sort of responsibility to protect her like he would protect Kate or Watson. He hadn't brought the gun, that felt too paranoid and it would ruin any sort of levity someone like Sherlock could muster. Still it would be good to see her again face to face in a more casual location.

Sherlock tapped his cane against the ground and looked at the door, he had no idea he'd only been standing there a few seconds but it did feel much longer with his more severe neurotic instincts kicking in.

Irene Adler likes this.
  2. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene had set up a simple tea in her sitting room with small sandwiches and cakes and, of course, black tea, cream, and sugar. She dressed simply in black silk pants and a blue blouse wit her hair tumbling down her shoulders in soft ringlets.

Despite ten days having past, Irene was sleeping fitfully. Acute shock disorder was like PTSD but temporary. She wasn't exactly sure how temporary, but nightmares littered her sleep, she found herself drinking more, eating less, doing all the typical acts of depression and anxiety. It annoyed the hell out of her that her reaction to The Governor's assault was so damn typical when she thought she was better than that.

The knocks on the floor outside her apartment made her jump. Everything made her jump these days. She swallowed, approaching the door cautiously and looking through the peephole to assure herself that it was indeed Sherlock. Opening the door, she put on the mask that his her fear, depression, and anxiety, "Mr. Holmes. A cane, how classic of you." She quipped, "Please come in."

"Make yourself at home." She offered a seat at the small and elegant table. The apartment itself was quite Victorian with antique looking furniture, intricate wallpaper and carpet but had a modern feel with abstract art and wooden floors in the hall and bedrooms.

OOC: Sorry for the wait!

Sherlock Holmes likes this.
  3. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Holmes instantly wiped any sign of anxiety from his face as soon as the door opened, holding up the wine for her to see and entering. "I always walk with a can, much easier to conceal protection in than other items." He smirked and stepped into her apartment. But of course despite his desire to just have a friendly conversation his eyes were wandering all over her. Looking for the most acute details in her hands, if her waist measured the same to gauge her eating and tell if her eating habits had changed. Any sign of lack of sleep, anything he could find that would tell him what her physical state truly was under the immaculate image she made of herself even now during this talk. The apartment did not feel out of place, quite like the small place he'd had in New York all those years ago, during his "death" and it was quite like the nights they'd shared talking inside of it....he meant when he and his Adler had spent in it. "Thank you Irene, I brought wine as a gift, if you'd prefer to stick to tea of course." He unwrapped his scarf and hung it upon the chair with his overcoat, he leaned the can against the table so his hands were free.

"I'm glad to see you're...."
    He didn't know what to say, unharmed seemed...insulting to say the least, and as much as she may have been putting it out he doubted that anything involving good spirits was flowing through her unless she'd had anything to drink in the last hour. "Irene I...don't know what to say..." It was rare for Sherlock to admit to anyone, even Kate or Watson that he was at a loss for anything. He'd never had someone this close to him have this sort of trauma, Watson had been kidnapped and Kate seemed to be processing her own kidnapping quite well. But he was not one that many went to for moral support. He was...at a loss for what to even do and was starting to feel like his presence would only compound any feelings Irene had.

((So sorry for the wait))

Irene Adler likes this.
  4. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene smiled, glad for a temporary reprieve in thinking by herself, "Are you saying there's a sword or gun in there?" She asked, unable to help using a suggestive tone. It felt good to be talking and thinking about things that reminded her so she may as well have fun with it.

She should have known better than to try and hide her worn and tired appearance from Sherlock Holmes. Only two people knew of how she was affected by the attack, one because he had been there and knew her well, and Sherlock because, well, he was Sherlock and hiding anything from him was next to useless. That wouldn't stop her from putting up a front that she was fine, however. She was aware he must know, but she was too stubborn to drop her mask.

"Thank you Irene, I brought wine as a gift, if you'd prefer to stick to tea of course."

"Oh," she said, taking it. It was a bit early, but her drinking had already increased anyway. Still, enabling her was probably not too wise. Still, the numbness that came with being tipsy was tempting, "I'll open it." It seemed the polite thing to do since he had brought it. Walking into the kitchen, she produced the wine bottle opener and poured out two crystal glasses before returning to sit opposite him.

"I'm glad to see you're....Irene I...don't know what to say..."

Irene stayed unflappable, "I'm fine." She said, her voice convincing, but the darkness beneath her eyes not. It was clear he wasn't going to be comfortable until she told him, "The Governor and I have been enemies from the moment we met, which, to be fair, is my doing. He's a criminal and I took money to keep him from being caught. I also took something that meant more to him than I imagined." She looked away, taking a deep drink of the wine, "He came to get it back." It was simplified but essentially how the story went, "He threatened to kill someone so I gave it back. It wasn't enough. So, he took me with him to some workshop he had set up to torture people. It was like nothing you could imagine." She said, her face becoming haunted, "I don't think I need to describe what he tried to do." She paused for a long moment, "By some miracle, I escaped." Another drink and she refilled her glass, the feeling of helplessness and violation washing over her like a tidal wave and the only protection was numbness.

"Now that it's out in the open, perhaps we don't need to be so awkward." She suggested, tracing the edge of her glass with her nail, "I'm alive, I'm here, I have reason to be thankful." She said with an uptilt to her voice to make it sound more cheerful, "I'll say, it is good to hear that accent coming from someone other than myself. I've missed London."

OOC: No worries!

5. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Sherlock didn't sip from his glass immediately, simply watching her as she drank and listened to what she had to say. It was...mortifying and he swallowed his drink thickly, trying to hide the twitch her story gave him. He cleared his throat and nodded with her, it was good she was alive but that was not without damages. Sherlock poured himself some more wine, making sure to watch his consumption, he had to be careful with his vices or else he'd end up over indulging just like in the old days. He'd been tied to chairs and had some very painful things done to him but there never a time where he'd considered himself under true physical torture, mental, surely with what was being done with Kate but true physical torture was a whole different thing than the blackened eyes he'd received over the years. "Pandora Town is no London, although the air is cleaner." He shrugged. "Perhaps there is a larger number of likable people in some areas compared to most of London to my experience."

Then he remembered her earlier question about his cane and picked up the walking stick. He twisted the head and pulled the blade free of it's wooden confines. The blade was a thin foot and a half steel blade. "It's easier to conceal than a pistol, very few places remember to check a cane for a weapon." He smirked and sheathed the blade. "Well if we are to be honest....I was not fully honest...we in my world met more than once."

Irene Adler likes this.
  6. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Glad that the awkwardness seemed to have passed now that her story was out in the open she hoped they could move on from it. Nothing would change any of it anyway, so distracting her from the memory was truly the best medicine right now.

"Pandora Town is no London, although the air is cleaner."

"I was wondering if it ever was but if it is smog in 1837, I unfortunately must inform you that it's not much better in 2013." She gave a soft humming laugh before slowing down on her wine. She nodded about the likable people, thinking of one or two in particular, "No doubt." She told him wistfully.

She gave him a smile, admiring the weapon in the cane, "Perhaps I need one of those or a concealed weapon of some sort." She suggested, "My handgun is not always the most accessible or convenient to grab in the moment." She added, "And clearly I have reason for concern, my kidnapper is not in custody and is angry as hell." She narrowed her eyes at his next words.

"Well if we are to be honest....I was not fully honest...we in my world met more than once."

"What a curious thing to say." She commented, cooly, "Why not be fully honest, Sherlock? What is there to hide?"

7. Sherlock Holmes

Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Holmes swallowed thickly, what did he exactly have to hide from her other than the fact he had slept with a married woman. With her...but not her. It was a very foolish thing to be embarrassed about, maybe he saw it as wrong seeing as how he had vowed to never let emotions cloud his judgement. But during a time where the world needed to know he was dead he had revealed it to her. A woman he by all means barely knew and who was also married at the time. All in some affair, some tryst that he had indulged in against his better judgment. But he had to admit there were times where when a case was not at hand and he was having trouble occupying his mind he would think back to those nights with Irene and he would...enjoy those moments more than he should have. At least that's what he told himself when the memory was put back in it's box and he was back to work.

"When I faked my death at Reichenbach, when I thought James Moriarty was dead I almost was killed by one of his men and knew that for the safety of everyone I cared for I had to pretend that I was dead and avoid contact with them until I found out who had tried to kill me."
    He sipped his wine and sighed. "And I went to New York, joined a theater troupe and there you were. MIss Irene Adler, married with a man you described in your letter to me as a good man, better than the Duke who had tried making you out to be a thief....we spent time together on stage and eventually you saw who I really was." He smirked and let out a light chuckle. "Still couldn't fool you with a disguise. And then we...had for a month....two months. An affair before I returned to England with Mycroft's help."

Irene Adler likes this.
  8. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"When I faked my death at Reichenbach..." He began and Irene remember her Sherlock faking his death as well. The more they spoke, the more parallels she drew along the other. They were so similar and yet, so different. It boggled the mind. Pandora could be hell and heaven and Irene was constantly figuring out which one it was n the moment. Recently, it had been hell.

Still, as he went on, that was where the similarities ended, "When you staged your death in my time, Moriarty killed himself." At least as far as she knew he did. There was no evidence to say he was still alive. Still, Irene was not one to discount the man after she had seen what he was capable of. Pandora's Moriarty was no more than a benign tumor, however and, she once again, wondered what had happened to change him so much.

Irene lifted her eyebrows at the next part of his story, "Me, in a theatre troupe and married?" She laughed lightly, "There's where our realities do not meet. I am no thespian nor have I ever been married." She sipped her wine.

"...An affair before I returned to England with Mycroft's help."

"Well, my affair with Sherlock was in the Middle East of all places." She began, "After blackmailing the United States and Britain and betraying Moriarty, I had a price on my head and nearly lost it. Literally. Sherlock was there, saved me, and we ended up at a little hole of a hotel in Nepal where I thanked him. It was one night, not months." She turned the corner of her lips into a knowing smile before putting the crystal to them and sipping once again.